Imperial drop pod allies

Remtek

Gotten many games in the last few months and the main problems i run into are jinking units and heavy support sporting 2+ or 3+ cover save, either from night fighting, stealth or bolstered defense from thunderfire cannons. The meltacide squad really have been mixed success. Lately running Rhinos has actually worked better than the pod alpha. Been looking at some potentially good allies to take in pod's for an upcoming tournament to keep somewhat on par with the current power level. With the new DA codex, the Dark Shroud speeder is probably gonna be in every list and with stealth and re-rollable jink we simply don't have an answer for it except rolling perfect timing or using the fragioso (semi effective)

The missions we play are a mix of maelstrom and eternal war. So having a power list is actually not that important, but being able to take out key units when you need to would really help assault units crossing the board.

With the Fleshtearer detachment unlocking 6 fast slots there is a lot of potential for allies. I generally like to run pure BA, but the tournament powerlevel has really climbed recently.

IG/AM

Company Command Squad with 4 melta - The officer can issue ignore cover order at LD9, he can also issue orders if you pod a Veteran squad within 12 inches (he can issue orders twice in a turn).

Veteran Squad with 3 melta or 3 plasma. Heavy flamer and 2 other weapons with the split fire order can also work. I'm leaning towards the plasma, 6 plasma with ignore cover should make quick work of any heavy infantry hiding in ruins and can still put a hurt on light mech. 

SoB

Dominion Squad has the ignore cover act of faith. They can take 4 melta, only LD 8 but you can grab veteran for 10 points. Troop tax  unit is really cheap, but not ideal for podding. Heavy flamer in a pod is around 100 points, or they can simply just hold objectives at min cost. The other bonus with SoB is you can take Saint Celestine which is a excellent HQ for the points mixed in with BA assault units. 

Skitarii

Vanguard Squads with Haywire or plasma. They are also quite cheap if you don't take plasma. They lack ignore cover, but can reduce cover by one which is nice. They put out a lot of wounds in general and with buffed BS the haywire can do quite a lot of dmg. 6 Haywire shots if i remember correctly.

I'm leaning towards IG currently, but open to other suggestions or ideas. 

A German High Rank Turney Player already used.

1 Command Squad with 3 Plasma + Vox Caster

1 Veteran Squad with 3 Plasma + Vox Caster

1 Veteran Squad with 3 Melter + Vox Caster

In Fast BA Pods

+3 Ministoriumpriest for 5 TH/SS Terms + Sangpriest and Termi Libby in a Landraider.

I try the same allies but i changed the Libby with Hector Rex and Mephy for sweet 2++ rerollable in cc fun. msn-wink.gif

It was devastating. In the second Turn my opponent already lost half of his army.

He also went last time with Sisters.

Librarian in Terminator Armour: The Veritas Vitae; storm shield 115 (Warlord)
4 Scouts: + 1 Scout Sergeant 55
4 Scouts: + 1 Scout Sergeant 55

4 Assault Terminators: 3× thunder hammer and storm shield; +1 Terminator Sergeant (thunder hammer and storm shield) 220
Land Raider Crusader 250
7 Death Company Marines: 1 boltgun; 1 power fist; jump packs 186

Drop Pod 35

Relic Sicaran: dozer blade 140

Allied Detachment

Saint Celestine 135

5 Battle Sisters: meltagun 70

Ministorum Priests
Ministorum Priest: The Litanies of Faith 40
Ministorum Priest 25
Ministorum Priest 25
Ministorum Priest 25

Legion. Of. The. Damned smile.png Actually cheap for what you get and with a good warlord trait they can be nasty, takes care of your ignore cover requirements. Also there is this weird formation for space wolves, called wolf guard thunderstrike. Gets TL turn they drop and +1WS, must take squad of WG and TT. Heaps of combi and a heavy flamer & assault cannon all twin linked smile.png Or Just take death wing! But that IG does seem like a lot of bang for your buck.

Legion of the dammed would actually fit very nicely, too bad they can only take one melta (and a combi) on 5.  The ASM meltacide is quite amazing value, but so many targets nowdays have jink which reduces their effectiveness down to 50% even more with nightfighting. 

For a suicide pod squad i'm disregarding heavy weapons, except flamers.

3 pods are reserved for Meph, Culexus and Grav cents. I'm stuck between Skitarii Vanguard and IG command/veteran squad for the last two. 

Yeah the relentless rule but I forgot they can't pod, so it makes them redundant for your purposes (literally, not as in game redundancy). You can get armour bane too off their WT. A squad of relentless, ignore cover armour bane undead marines.......

Ok I know that these aren't strictly allies to go in the pods, but... I just have to mention the Skyhammer annihilation force here. Played against it twice yesterday, and DANG. If you have two pods already you're just a few assault and Dev marines away from an incredible allied detachment.

Archived