ForgeWorld New Releases - 03/07/2015 - Alpha Legion Upgrade

m_r_parker

New for this week we have the Alpha Legon Upgrade Torsos and Helms:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ALPHA_LEGION_HEADS.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/AL-Heads-1.jpg

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ALPHA_LEGION_MKIV_TORSOS.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/AL-torsos-1.jpg

First impression is that I'm liking these a LOT!!!!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/large/AL-Heads-4.jpg

Yeah I'm impressed. Very nice.

Still, I was hoping for previews for this weekend!

It is early, and going back to the WWGO we didn't see anything on the ForgeWorld website until the Saturday morning.

We may get something this afternoon, but I'd hang fire until this weekend.

On closer inspection those pieces are really impressive. The helms are a bit more generic, and can probably be used across a number of different legions. But the scale work on the torsos - that's really impressive work.

It is early, and going back to the WWGO we didn't see anything on the ForgeWorld website until the Saturday morning.

On closer inspection those pieces are really impressive. The helms are a bit more generic, and can probably be used across a number of different legions. But the scale work on the torsos - that's really impressive work.

So good. Need me so.e of these in my life. 1 pair of torso and helm i wouldnt use but the rest are sweet as.

I know the XX had their thumbs in the Mk VI pie, but I would like to have seen a little more armor mark variety in the upgrades. The helms are ok, (and one looks alarmingly like my Raptor Imperialis helm dry.png), but definitely better than some of the other upgrades kits we've seen lately. The chests are decent, but again, some armor mark variety would have been nice.

Oh wow...

After a few weeks of not-a-whole-lot, they done good. The XX stuff looks perfect (why did they preview the worst helmet out of the bunch?!), and Pert looks the business. 

And BCK, you're totally right. That first helm looks almost exactly like one of yours. 

I wonder if Pert comes with an optional Forgebreaker...

Yeah he looks pretty damn cool. Id just crossed the IW off my long list of possible legions too, God dammit.

And BCK, my first thought when I saw those AL helmets was the one you made.

The paint job on Perturabo looks terrible, but I like the model itself and I'm sure once we see some unpainted pics our minds will be suitably blown. If I had one teensy complaint it would be that I don't like all the cables that far forward onto his face.

Hurrah for my little patience! msn-wink.gif

Wow, Alpha Legionnaires rejoice. 8 unique helmets and 5 torsos. So much cooler than the IW and RG sets that came out relatively recently, but I can't feel as bad for the IW when Perty is right there and looking that good :P

Love the little details in the torsos especially, like the double Xfor the XXth legion symbol on the lower right hand torso, the asymmetrical power cabling, and the sneaky omegas.

I know the XX had their thumbs in the Mk VI pie, but I would like to have seen a little more armor mark variety in the upgrades. The helms are ok, (and one looks alarmingly like my Raptor Imperialis helm dry.png), but definitely better than some of the other upgrades kits we've seen lately. The chests are decent, but again, some armor mark variety would have been nice.

I immediately thought of your guy when I saw these bad boys.

As upgrade parts go, these did NOT get the bad end of the stick at all (ie I actually like them all round).

From the OP's picture, the helmets on the first row - 2nd and 5th - are my favourites.  I find them much more pleasing on the eye than the recent UM helmets.  Whilst there are obvious differences to flavour the legion between these and the UM's, I could see these two Alpha helmets happily added to my DG or other legions.

Archived