Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++Inspiration Friday (Chaos Icons. Until 12/18)++

Inspiration Friday Chaos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,042 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Ahh finally, an excuse to continue where I left off last halloween, just need to find the original story again so I can remember where I left off. If memory serves me well Flint wet herself. 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,042 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.

Oh as most people got wasted n the last story, hands up if you wanna be one of the characters in this one?

• Carrack likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

EesiOh

EesiOh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts
  • Faction: Archangels

Oh as most people got wasted n the last story, hands up if you wanna be one of the characters in this one?

I would love the opportunity to get wasted/and or waste someone count me in rolleyes.gif

The Archangels: Scions of Sanguinious striving for perfection

The Impure: Not even the transhuman physiology of the Space Marines can save you from the zombie plague

The Silent Laughter: The road to damnation is paved with the best intentions 

gallery_48988_6285_81894.pngI gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Thedarkprincesnun

Thedarkprincesnun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,483 posts

Ok il be a character lol

EesiOh

EesiOh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts
  • Faction: Archangels

Rotting Crops (this doubles as this weeks AND last weeks challenge) 

Spoiler

Edited by EesiOh, 27 October 2015 - 05:55 AM.

• Warsmith Aznable, Kierdale, Teetengee and 1 other like this

The Archangels: Scions of Sanguinious striving for perfection

The Impure: Not even the transhuman physiology of the Space Marines can save you from the zombie plague

The Silent Laughter: The road to damnation is paved with the best intentions 

gallery_48988_6285_81894.pngI gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
  • Faction: Black Maw

With such an appealing sales pitch, I can't resist.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts

Ah what the hell, I'll put my head on the chopping block too :D

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,042 posts

I will make all your deaths glorious

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts

People
Spoiler

Since my first story was a Mothers Day story, and I had already posted it a few days before in the fan fiction board, here's my Halloween story.
  • Warsmith Aznable, Kierdale, Teetengee and 1 other like this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,042 posts

I will make sure you all have glorious deaths

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

Good news! This week's entry a far more manageable length - 25% the size of my last one, heh. This week I give us all a glimpse of the home world of the Tachylite Changemongers renegade militia.

Here it is: Song of the Equinox

Spoiler

• Warsmith Aznable, Kierdale, Carrack and 1 other like this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

is it possible we could extend this to 10/31, it being Halloween and all?

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
Likely I'll be updating the thread Saturday morning Tokyo-time (say...24hrs from the submitting of this post), so entries still have 24 hours.
I'd rather not extend it to Sunday for a couple of reasons: firstly participants have had a week, which should be enough time and I don't think anyone'll be getting sudden epiphanies come Halloween itself ;), and secondly it's a lot easier for me to update it on a Friday night or Saturday morning rather than Sunday (plus I don't want to cut short the next challenge).
I hope everyone understands.
  • Teetengee likes this

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

sounds good to me, thank you.
(my story was already at 3 pages when I realized it had quite a ways to go still, but I will try my best to get it in under the time limit)
normally it has been being updated on friday morning (us eastern) and I was hoping to have a little more time.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
Understood :) I'll try to keep it to Saturday mornings in future.
  • Teetengee likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,042 posts

Bugger, still working on mine... Need to get my finger out and finish it

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

ahhhh 5 pages and nowhere near done

pacing is everything, but pacing is killing me

Edited by Teetengee, 30 October 2015 - 04:37 PM.

Zhaharek

Zhaharek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
  • Faction: The Ninefold Blade
The Wire Man

Avostos Crouw, The Wire Man, Captain of the 16th Night Lord Company, strode, with a subtle confidence, through the shade-drenched halls of his ‘palace’. Avostos wasn’t overly fond of the idea of having a palace, unlike the preening creature that had given it to him. It was more of a gothic bunker than a palace after all. Avostos did like his quarter though, his present destination. He dismissed a vox query from Jal-eraz, of Fourth Claw, and resolved to talk to him the next day. Doubtless, it would be something interesting, if the rest of Fourth Claw’s history was anything to by. Avostos was looking forward to it, but he was looking forward to sitting on his throne and appreciating his own Wire Works more. Yes, the bone-crafted throne and the Wire Works were melodramatic, and the sort of thing that one of Avostos’s warp-mad ‘brothers’ would do, but the throne, inarguably looked good, and the ‘wire work’ had earned him his title, and Avostos was mighty proud of it. Most importantly, it generated fear, and with fear, came control, and through control, maybe eventually there would be justice. Avostos chuckled to himself. It sounded like something his father would have said.

The doors to his chamber swung open, and revealed his Wire Works, the first thing that anyone would notice when they entered the room. He walked through, to sit on his throne. The first piece’s one would pass were random mortals, all posed to look as if they were staring blankly at the occupants of the room. Avostos was acutely aware that these first 5 men and women were rushed, the stiff barbed wire that held the corpses in pose fully visible through the flesh. Only one of them had reached advanced rot, which wasn’t Crouw’s fault, the rest all stood on coolant vents, preserving them, but the one beneath this one had broken.
Next, were the Astartes. 4 of them, to be exact, kept in combat poses, and the wire fully hidden, since they still had their armour. Avostos recalled arguments that the armour would be better use if salvaged, but he managed to rebuff these by delving into nostalgia for the Great Crusade with the brothers in question. And, lastly, circling, his throne, were the unique individuals.
The young daughter of the governor of Tenjes IV, who had died, finally, after 7 days, with her mother’s name on her lips, after Avostos had made her into a living Wire Work, on live broadcast to her world. They surrendered the next day. Terror tactics in flawless action. She was presently posed as if having a cheerful discussion with...
Brother-Chaplain Altiius Verren, of some chapter that Avostos had never bothered to learn the name of, the only Astartes without a helmet on among his Wire Works, which showcased the hole in his forehead. The chapter had broken a few weeks later. Terror tactics in flawless action. The Chaplain and The Governor’s Daughter were on the left side. On the right side stood...
A pair of Ultramarines, their gauntlets clasped in a warrior handshake, wrist-to-wrist. It had taken a lot of staples for Avostos to change the defiant expressions they died with.

Avostos sat in his throne. Of course, merely reminiscing about what his past uses of fear couldn’t fill a whole night. So, he took a data-slate from his pocket and began putting together combat manoeuvres.
The Night Lord pondered on a flanking manoeuvre, tap-tap-tapping away at the screen. “Avostoooos.” He looked up, searching for the source of the voice. “Aaavoooosstoooooss.” He froze.

The Governor’s Daughters mouth was moving. Then her head turned, till she looked him dead in the eyes. “What in the warp...” murmured Avostos.
She smiled, and her mouth started moving again. “Why did you kill me Avostos? Why, Wire Man?” the dead thing asked. The Astartes heard the wires grinding as she moved, taking a step towards him. Adrenaline dumped into his system, and he drew his bolt pistol, fired at her. Nothing happened. CLICK. Fired again. CLICK. Again, and again, and again. CLICK-CLICK-CLICK. The pistol had jammed. 10,000 years of loyal service and his pistol jammed now. Anger growing his heart, he stood, “I am not some warp addled fool,” he said, gauntlet twisting into a fist, “You are either a Neverborn, or some figment of my mind. I don’t care which; I have no time for you.”
She took another step. From behind him, came the grinding of wires again, and a pair of voices, the Ultramarines, “Why did you kill us, brother?” Avostos went for his sword, and his hand closed on empty air. “I am not your brother!” yelled the Night Lord, his... unease raising. He shouted out, to be heard, “Zhaharek! Malos! Is this is some mystical joke of yours?” No answer. The sound of grinding wires became deafening. All of them. They staggered stiffly. Like broken puppets, arms reaching for him. “Why?” They chorused. Avostos moved away from them, until his throne crashed into his back.

One of the Ultramarines neared him. Avostos struck out, with enough force to shatter stone. His arm stopped. Wires held it in place, sprouting from the dead Ultramarine’s face. There was a scratching sound, and a stabbing pain in Avostos’s arm. The wires were burrowing into him. The Night Lord tried to pull back, yanking hard, desperate now, but it was fruitless. He was held fast. “Why?” they chorused again, as a small, pale hand closed around his other arm. The scratching sound, and the pain again. The Governor’s Daughter looked up at him, asking “Why?” in time, resonating, with all the others. Avostos struggled, with strength that should have freed him, and broken his captor’s limbs, but to no avail. He felt that pain burrow deeper. Looking for anyway out, he answered them, “Terror tactics. To win wars! Why else?” he growled as he spoke, from the effort of struggling.

The Governor’s Daughter smiled. The inside of her mouth was a garden of dried blood, red and vile. “We know why,” they all said, “You did it because you enjoyed it.” More of them had reached him now, and they clung to him, holding him in place, as one of the Astartes began to stride painfully towards him. Its hands ground up to remove its helm. Avostos didn’t even have the room to squirm, as they clambered over him. He could taste blood. The pain filled him now. He could taste metal. The Astartes was a few steps away. “You enjoy it because you’re a sadist, mad like all your brothers”, their choral voice was high and mocking now. “No, you’re lying!” protested Avostos, straining desperately against the wires. “I’m not like them!” The Wire Works were getting louder now, almost screaming at him, calling him monster, madman. “Traitor!” they all yelled, and began repeating it, getting louder and louder, and Avostos knew what was under the helm of the Astartes, who was now a mere foot from Avostos, the helm slowly coming off. “NO!” Avostos roared, the movement of his mouth becoming difficult as the wires reached his jaw, “The Emperor betrayed us, betrayed my father, betrayed me!” The helm came off, and Avostos stared in abject horror, “NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!”

Avostos stared into the face of the Emperor he had betrayed, as all of the people he had tortured, maimed and killed, chanted “Traitor!” ...and screamed.

He was awoken, sometime later, by Jal-eraz. His Wire Works were unmoved, and his pistol was fine, and his sword was on his belt. A whispered threat had been enough to swear his brother into secrecy. Yet, from then on, something alien and perverse wrong sat in Avostos’s gut. It didn’t stop him from making more Wire Works, or going to war.
But it was there.

Edited by Zhaharek, 30 October 2015 - 11:07 PM.

• Warsmith Aznable, Kierdale, Carrack and 1 other like this

gallery_63428_7083_6894.png gallery_63428_7083_6894.png gallery_63428_7083_6894.png gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Scrap
Don't read the epilogue if you want more solid happy endings.
Part I

Hidden Content

Part 2

Hidden Content

Part 3

Hidden Content

Part 4

Hidden Content

Part 5

Hidden Content

Part 6

Hidden Content

Part 7

Hidden Content

Part 8

Hidden Content

Epilogue

Hidden Content

Edited by Teetengee, 31 October 2015 - 02:56 AM.

• Warsmith Aznable and Carrack like this

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png
Thanks all for your Chaos Halloween entries. We had pieces ranging from the amusing to the truly disturbing. I’m glad Teetengee persuaded me to put off updating until Saturday morning as we had two excellent last-minute entries.

Thedarkprincesnun (Slaanesh’s holy sister?) gave us The Heart of Chaos telling us of the deepest, darkest depths of the Eye.

Meat for the Table was a tale of the capture and transformation of the loyalist brother Curwen, from the always-impressive Warsmith Aznable.

Dammeron gave us the excellent Abandon, a tale of a fallen son of Guilliman submitting himself to the tender ministrations of (if I’m not mistaken) a Dark Eldar. Shame on him biggrin.png Though I think my Psychopomps would welcome both Galathos and the Father with open arms...

Rotting Crops was EesiOh’s submission. A good zombie tale.

Carrack gave us a classic tale set within the 40k universe. And I must admit I didn’t see it coming (thought the character’s name should have tipped me off). thumbsup.gif And he gave us A Mother’s Love (not literally, of course)!

Song of the Equinox was Scourged’s entry this week. I do love these tales of the twisted, hidden rituals of commonfolk. And spawn. Anything with spawn. You know I love spawn.

What kind of Halloween would it be without Night Lords? Zhaharek served up a slice of VIII Legion terror in The Wire Man with the twist that the Lord was on the receiving end. The descriptions of the...artworks...were excellent and very original. It’s good to see Astartes having creative passtimes in which to express their artistic talents...

And finally Teetengee slipped in just before I closed the event for this week with his entry Scrap. An excellent story in the vein of Alien and Event Horizon with a salvage crew finding a drifting hulk and the horror within.
I thoroughly recommend reading it. Including the epilogue. biggrin.png
I’ll add a final note that I really think your writing has improved, Teetengee thumbsup.gif

And I gave you a model’s-eye-view of the game. tongue.png

SlaveToDarkness...we await your entry and are keen to read of our demises!

Now for awards.
Plural.
I’m going to be a big softie and hand out four Octed Amulets this week as I simply could not choose a single entry which impressed me the most. Settling on four was difficult enough. In fact I typed and retyped this a few times before hitting `Post`.
Step forward Dammeron, Scourged, Zhaharek and Teetengee and claim your rewards!
gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

And here begins our next challenge...
Interview with a Dark Apostle - We’ve had “Interview with a Chaos Lord”, “Interview with a Chaos Sorcerer” and “Interview with a Warpsmith”...and now it is the turn of the diabolical demagogues. Voices of the Gods propagating the unholy word. Tell us about these blasphemous preachers, these silver tongued corruptors. What role do they play in your war band (and its fall)? How are they viewed by its rank and file? Their fellow officers? What are their ceremonies and rites, their goals, schemes, victories, foibles and failures.

I finished painting my own dark apostle this week and, despite their rules lacking somewhat (why no bikes, jump packs, daemonic steeds?? No psychic mastery? No doom sirens for Slaaneshi?...one might as well use Sorcerer rules #ahem# I digress) I find these individuals fascinating.

For those warbands lacking chaplains/dark apostles, tell us of those individuals who fulfill a similar role (be it the spiritual leader/rite leader of the fallen Astartes or the Astarte who whips up the cult forces, etc.).

It will be interesting to see how original (which could be read as `how different from Erebus`) we can get...

The challenge runs until Friday November 13th (a most suitable day!)
You have two weeks.
Let us be inspired...
  • Excessus likes this

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
  • Faction: Neo Zeon
Well done! I think this was the best challenge yet!

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Thank you, Kierdale. I can't wait to read all of these stories!

(also, I will probably do some minor revisions to the above when I get a chance, I didn't have the time to proofread it very well...)

Edited by Teetengee, 31 October 2015 - 03:02 AM.

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
This was an awesome week, for IF. Thanks for the challenge and the difficult task of judging this week's stories, Kierdale. I was wondering if anyone would pick up on the name of my protagonist for my story. :)
@Zhaharek, I actually got goosebumps reading your story.
@Teetengee, awesome. All I can say.
  • Teetengee likes this

Dammeron

Dammeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,366 posts

Kierdale: Many thanks indeed, sir. Glad you enjoyed!

"We are not your enemies, child; we seek only to break the chains that bind you; to enlighten you as to the true beauty of being. Those that stand at your back, herding you onto our blades...those that would see you expire in blood and dirt; they are your enemies, and have been since the moment you were conceived..."

- Attributed to La'sai DeSandros, agitator of the Del Torro Profligacy, also known as He of The Sweetest Cut, The Lord of Embraces, arch-heretic of the Severed Angels renegades:                                                                                                          

http://www.bolterand...howtopic=268514            gallery_63428_7083_6894.png                   gallery_29004_9303_2650.png

The Strange Playgrounds:

http://www.strangeplaygrounds.com/

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,802 posts
Thank you all for your comments, and once again for your entries. My only regret is that I myself didn't take last week's topic seriously :D Ah well, next year.
Instead I spent more time on this week's piece.
It's a biggie.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inspiration Friday, Chaos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users