Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++Inspiration Friday (Chaos Icons. Until 12/18)++

Inspiration Friday Chaos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

Thedarkprincesnun

Thedarkprincesnun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,483 posts
The Devils Word
Chapter 1
Sophia stood there her brunette hair making her stand out from the crowd. Her blue dress gave her the appearance of a poor street urchin yet in fact she was royalty a noble lady of the world. It almost angered her to be stuck with the lower class scum of the world but when the invaders had arrived they had destroyed the palaces and cathedrals of Septimu V replacing them with shrines devoted to dark gods, the kind which would only appear in your worst nightmares and would make you wake up screaming even though you don't believe they are real they would haunt you til the day you die.

Sophia sighed the invaders had put everyone who had surrendered into one giant cage here was a mix of nobility and common folk. She sighed again while it angered her to ne trapped in a cage like a animal she knew she wasn't just anyone before the arrival of the invaders she had not only been a noble lady but a writer a poet and a reporter. She hoped that in some way this would be able to save her but she doubted it.

All of a sudden the door to the cage opened, a tall Astartes with Dark Crimson armour and silver trim stepped through. Horns came off his helmet and from a distance it looked like they were made of ivory. On his shoulder pads were blasphemous runes which caused her eyes to hurt.

He looked around the cage until he set eyes on her "oi you" he said barely containing the discontent he felt. "Are you talking to me" Sophia said rather timidly and frightened for she had been known to be a woman who never backed down for she was scared of nothing yet this astartes had frightened her to the point it had chilled her to the core of her bone.

"Who else would I be talking to?" He said "my name is Gregor and you shall come with me, our glorious Dark Apostle would like you to interview him".

"How d-d-does he know I will interview him" she said shaking in her boots. "The Dark Apostle Zankus knows many things things that should only be known to one who has crossed the veil' said Gregor "now tell me human what is your name". "My name is Sophia" she said trying her hardest to hide the terror she felt.

"Well Sophia come with me then it's only by Zankus' s will that you will not be sharing the fate of these rodents" he said pointing to everyone else in the cage. Sophia stepped forward rather nervous and cautious but she didn't want to suffer the same fate as these street urchin.

Chapter 2
Sophia continued to follow the Astartes named Gregor it felt like they had been walking through the ruined city for hours but in fact it had only been half a hour. "Why was all this destruction necessary couldn't you have just left us alone" she said to Gregor. He turned around and went to reach for his bolt gun but then stopped himself. "Dear child do you not wish to know the truth about this galaxy and be freed from the corpse Emperor's lies" said a mysterious figure. The figure wore black armour with bits of parchment attached each piece of parchment containing symbols which made Sophia feel like something was trying to eat at her mind. He had what could be considered a handsome face but he was pale. If she hadn't known better she would of thought he was one of the undead. "Who are you" she said. He chuckled then laughed "I am the Dark Apostle Zankus of the Word Bearers Legion you have met my brother Gregor I see?" He said continuing to chuckle.

"it's you that wants me to interview them" Sophia said. "Yes child yes I do want you to interview me but first let me introduce you to someone" he said before walking off and waving at her indicating her to follow him. As they moved down the streets they came to a marble cathedral where once had been the world's biggest shrine to the Emperor now it was replaced with one to fell dark gods. As they went inside all she could see was scenes of great suffering torture and pain. "Why are you doing this to us what have we done to you" Sophia said feeling alot braver than she did before. Zankus turned around and stared at her "The true gods of the galaxy demand brutal sacrifice blood change despair and pain" he said almost like a father to his child.

"So tell me Zankus what is your job within your legion" said Sophia almost switching into reporter mode. "My job my child is I am this chapters dark apostle, I keep this chapters faith strong and show others how wrong their faith is. Back when the Legion was loyal to that corpse I was simply known as The Chaplin I was born on Colchis, as I am sure you can imagine growing up on that world was tough. The Urizen had abolished the old ways and created a new religon as misguided as he was at that time, it worshipped the Emperor" he said almost spitting venom as he finished his speech. "But what turned you from Him? I don't understand" said Sophia nervous again but more confident.

"We learnt the truth, that the gods which reside in the warp are the true gods. While the Emperor claims responsibility for creating the primarchs, it was in actual fact not him alone. For the Emperor had the help of the gods and then after creating them he went back on his deal with them and tried to hide the primarchs from their true fathers." Said Zankus rather coldly. "He is no more worth my worship just like he isn't worth yours. Now child I have business to attend to please leave me be, my first acolyte Jurgal will show you to your chamber"

Edited by Thedarkprincesnun, 31 October 2015 - 04:56 PM.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,801 posts
Dark apostle Angra of the Psychopomps, formerly master of sanctity of the Stygian Guard.
In every age the vilest specimens of human nature are to be found among demagogues.
1st Baron Macaulay, M2.

One
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.
- Chaplain Howell Forgy, Merican Navy, M2
Hidden Content

Two
To repress one’s feelings only makes them stronger.
- Yu Shu Lien.
Hidden Content

Three
The true way of extending and multiplying one’s desires is to attempt to impose checks upon them.
- Maquis Du Sade.
Hidden Content

Four
Desire can attain the darkest human terror and give an actual ideal of hell and its horror.
-Octave Mirbeau, Franco playwright, M2

Hidden Content

Five
And whom He guides, there is none that can lead him astray; is not He mighty, the Lord of Retribution?
-M1 Holy Text
Hidden Content

• Warsmith Aznable, Carrack and EesiOh like this

EesiOh

EesiOh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts
  • Faction: Archangels

holy :cuss teentege 0.0

• Teetengee likes this

The Archangels: Scions of Sanguinious striving for perfection

The Impure: Not even the transhuman physiology of the Space Marines can save you from the zombie plague

The Silent Laughter: The road to damnation is paved with the best intentions 

gallery_48988_6285_81894.pngI gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

EesiOh

EesiOh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

well... After reading THAT im not bothering to enter this week

edit: Gosh darn it Keirdale

Edited by EesiOh, 31 October 2015 - 10:49 PM.

The Impure: Not even the transhuman physiology of the Space Marines can save you from the zombie plague

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,801 posts

well... After reading THAT im not bothering to enter this week

edit: Gosh darn it Keirdale

That's not the attitude to have!
Firstly my entries don't count: as I run Inspiration Friday I can't win it. However, I find myself inspired to do so. ;)
Secondly I've been writing that piece for at least half a year, on and off.
I hope we'll cover every unit entry in the codex eventually, as well as myriad other topics, so there's nothing to stop you starting work on entries for other Chaos units as, eventually, you'll be able to submit it. Unless we've already done it, in which case submit it anyway whenever you complete it. :)

And lastly, you've got two weeks. Surely you can some up with something (if you don't already have ideas about your warband's apostle(s)) in that time :)

Lastly, please watch your language. While the board will automatically change swearing to the 'cuss' emoticon, those who subscribe to the thread get email updates...which are not censored.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,041 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard
Yeah i hit a brick wall with the story. I will finish it asap dont worry.
  • Kierdale likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

Well then... sounds like I'm doing a sequel to my story from two weeks ago. I believe it's time we all learned more about the Prophet of the False, through the eyes of new recruit Teshin... y'know, once I figure out what more there is to learn, first. happy.png

• EesiOh likes this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
  • Faction: Black Maw
The Black Book of Dark Apostle Lavam
Spoiler

• Warsmith Aznable, Kierdale, Teetengee and 2 others like this

EesiOh

EesiOh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

great work Carrack

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Thanks

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

Well, what I've got so far is a sequel, just not the one I planned. Couldn't scrape together a satisfactory idea for Apostle Bhuramas - not yet at least, as I might come up something by the 13th. We'll see. Instead, I let my mind wander on the Zephyrmaster from my last story, and I whipped this up today.

Prayer of Jubilance

Spoiler

So yeah, I may enter a second tale before the deadline is up. Could elaborate on my Apostle. Or, I'm kicking around a humorous idea as well. Anyway, enjoy.

Edited by Scourged, 03 November 2015 - 11:49 PM.

• Warsmith Aznable, Kierdale, Carrack and 1 other like this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,801 posts
Thedarkprincesnun, might I suggest putting your entry into Word and letting it point out grammar/punctuation that needs work?
There's no hurry to submit entries. I'd rather members take time, check spelling and grammar, proofread and then post nearer the deadline. :)

Carrack and Scourged, outstanding work!
  • Scourged and EesiOh like this

EesiOh

EesiOh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

new challange when ;) 

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,801 posts
As I said, the challenge runs until Friday Nov 13th.
Then you will have a new challenge.

Actually, I lie.
There will be a bonus challenge set before that date... :evil:
  • Carrack likes this

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts

As I said, the challenge runs until Friday Nov 13th.
Then you will have a new challenge.

Actually, I lie.
There will be a bonus challenge set before that date... :evil:

I'm ready.

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
  • Faction: Neo Zeon

Building on two previous challenges, Nemesis of Chaos and New Meat, and also a little background for my Treadheads and Battles of the Space Marines challenges.

Hidden Content

• Kierdale, Carrack and Scourged like this

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

So, a bonus entry from me this week. I had this stupid idea in my head for a tale of inspiration, so I put it to the page thanks to the extended timeline. I figured... not everything we write here needs to be so serious all the time. I took the idea of "Interview with a Dark Apostle" a bit too literally. So consider this entry something a bit more lighthearted, to show us the fun side of Chaos.

Now sit back and enjoy Mal Content's Bazaar:

Spoiler

• Warsmith Aznable, Kierdale, Teetengee and 2 others like this

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Been away too long. Let's get this going. 

The blood flowed easily across Guvval's hand. He traced its every branching path with his eyes, mesmerized by the dance of the red liquid across his palm. His acolytes stood behind him in utter silence, a rarity for anyone under Khorne's thrall. Yet they stood like statues, waiting with every breath for the prophecy that Guvval would divine from the blood that spurted from neck of the decapitated man. 

Guvval had long ago discovered the secret to communicating with a god who despised dialogue. Khorne would only reach his subjects through the blood that they spilled in his name. From the first time Guvval cut into a man with Khorne's name on his lips, he could see paths in the crimson spray that led him forward. Eventually, he understood the pattern behind each cut, slice, wound, and gash. Blood spoke to Guvval, and in it, he heard the voice of the eldest god of Chaos. 

Others began following him. Time and again he would deliver them from certain death, or even better, towards certain slaughter. The more blood flowed, the clearer the signs became. Some called him the Apostle of Blood. Others called him the Red Shaman. Still more called him the Diviner of Death.

Guvval could see the paths now. The decapitated commissar's vital fluid had shown him the their next world. The name had come to him as easily as if he had read it in Low Gothic. His breath slowed and he dropped his voice to a whisper as he thanked Khorne for this latest prophecy. Then he spun to face his followers behind him, exploding on his axis like a fevered preacher of his cousin Word Bearers.

"We go to Cadia!" Shouts of approval echoed through the chamber. One voice asked why, not out of insolence, but out of a fevered desire to hear more from their god. Guvval smiled warmly, his sharpened steel teeth gleaming in the darkness. 

"Abaddon has called us- To the final Black Crusade!"

Edited by Son of Carnelian, 10 November 2015 - 02:45 AM.

• Warsmith Aznable, Kierdale, Carrack and 1 other like this

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

I am not as happy with the pacing and everything on this one, it just seems off, but I don't really have the energy to fix it right now.

Captain Luther Starscream

Hidden Content

Edited by Teetengee, 10 November 2015 - 08:10 PM.

• Warsmith Aznable, Kierdale and Carrack like this

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,801 posts
Very good entries! :tu:
I wonder if we will have any more in these last few days?

This Friday's topic is prepared, and the bonus topic I spoke of will be starting next, to run for a few weeks...

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,801 posts

med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png

Thanks all for your excellent entries about Dark Apostles. Those zealous, silver-tongued, fire and brimstone preachers of accursed creeds!

Thedarkprincesnun gave us The Devil’s Word, about a Word Bearers dark apostle by the name of Zankus and his interview.

I gave you the tale of Angra, master of sanctity of the Psychopomps, his fall and death.

The Black Book of Dark Apostle Lavam was Carrack’s entry this week. This tale was told from a unique perspective: that of an inquisitorial agent tasked with garnering knowledge from the tome of a Black Maw dark apostle whilst convalescing, watched over by Sisters.

Scourged gave us more of the Zephyrgeist, focusing on the Zephyrmaster himself. This really fleshed out the depth and breadth of the corruption and twisted religion of Tachylite. I really liked this story, particularly the master’s communion with the Zephyr.

...and then he also gave us Mal Content’s Bazaar biggrin.png I especially liked the advice given to the Nurgle-devotee who has a Slaanesh-devoted wife.

Warsmith Aznable’s tale this week was not from the perspective of his Iron Warriors but rather that of a Word Bearer apostle hunting them. I liked that it continued on from his earlier entries and we could see the apostle attempting to sway and convince mortals. Finally, congratulations to the Warsmith on his marriage...to no less than a foul xenos! I hope we’ll hear more about this.

Son of Carnelian - welcome back! - told us about Guvval, an apostle of Khorne (something I’ve never seen before. Very refreshing). I liked that the apostle discerned patterns in the cutting, the wounds inflicted and the blood spilled. With Khorne’s hatred for sorcerers, this provides an interesting method of scrying.

And Captain Luther Starscream from Teetengee. That the captain dined (upon human flesh) with members/supporters of his warband - some mortals even - and conversed with them over his meal was very, very original.

Finally, it was good to see Calliah again.

I really enjoyed reading everyone’s entries this week. We had some very unique takes on dark apostles, which is what I wanted to see. Again it was difficult for me to choose as content-wise I felt a few were tied in my eyes, so instead I looked how the story was told in order to discern this week’s winner...

Step forward Carrack and claim your reward!

gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

I really liked that the story told us about Lavam via his book. I liked that his writings were contradictory and how as the story went on we could see adept Cassi’s descent into madness as the apostle’s work steadily corrupted him until he had to be executed. That his inquisitor master had expected as such and showed no compunction was a great way to end it. After all, the ends justify the means, do they not?

And here begins our next challenge...

Chaos Powered Armour

Impurity shall be our armour

Hate shall be our weapon

Immortality shall be our reward

- Codex Chaos Space Marines, 4th Edition

Look to your battle gear and it will protect you.

- First line of the Warrior’s Catechism of Worship

This week I want us to look at the armour of the chaos space marine, be it anything from venerable mark II Crusade Armour to mark VIII Errant Armour or even artificer armour (let’s keep the TDA for another time). Tell us not only of the armour, its origins and (no doubt) long history but also of its modifications and mutations, its colours, iconography and trophies. Be it a general overview of the armour used by your warband or a detailed look at that of a single unit or a single character, is your choice.

Accompanying photographs most welcome.

The challenge runs until November 20th.

You have one week.

Let us be inspired...

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
  • Faction: Neo Zeon
My favourite bit from Mal Contents Bazaar was "Khorne cares not how the syntax flows." Good stuff all around, as usual.

Power Armour as a topic seems timely, and I've already got a couple of ideas. Wasn't there going to be an additional challenge this time too?
  • Scourged likes this

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
I'm honored to have my story picked out of such good stories this last challenge. I pictured the Mal's Conrents Bazaar broadcasters complete with bad hair pieces and cheap suits. :)

Edited by Carrack, 14 November 2015 - 03:44 AM.

• Scourged likes this

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,801 posts

Wasn't there going to be an additional challenge this time too?

That should be starting next week. It ties in to something else starting then...

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,306 posts
The Armourer

The Host was returning to Sicarus, battered and bloody after a lengthy, brutal, yet victorious campaign raiding several shrine worlds and seeding cults of the primordial truth within Imperial Space. As their actions had begun to draw too much attention they had returned to the Eye, whereupon they had been waylaid by a rampaging warband of crazed followers of the blood God khorne. The battle had been brief yet bloody and a brief respite was welcome. Less welcome would be a pilgrimage to the dark forge-cathedral of the Armourer.

The Malefactorum was a vast edifice, shrouded in a perpetual cloud of filthy black smoke and surrounded by a desolate plain ridden with seismic faults revealing the dark heart of the planet. A single Road crossed this dark tundra, half a mile wide at its narrowest and thronged with innumerable slaves, driven forward by cruel overseers and marched as inexorable tide of grist to the infernal mills of the ir destination.

Several members of the Host had embarked on the pilgrimage to the Malefactorum, a penance for failing in battle, taken out of the fight but not slain. Stripped of their armour and forced to carry it on their naked backs they are set among the rabble, a chastisement in itself, but they had bewitched the honour of the host, and through it the legion and blessed Lorgar himself.

After the months long journey each of the penitent word bearers is brought before the Armourer. Ancient even by the standards of the legion the Armourer is feared even by the Dark Council, for the pacts each has sworn with him, although necessary at the time have left him in a uniquely powerful position. His diabolical knowledge is second to none, but it is the way in which he manipulates the entities of the warp to his bidding that sets him apart. Any warpsmith worth his salt can bind daemons into vehicles and weaponry, the best can create infernal daemon engines, but the Armourer has mastered a rare form of Malefic smithing. His skill in the repair and creation of Power Armour is unheard of amongst the legions, an understanding of techniques long lost, now in unholy combination with daemonology of the darkest sort.

With fine work, comes a high price, for once he works on the armour of a Word Bearer it is forever bound to him. The daemons he works into the armour are loyal only to him, and at his command remain dormant in the recipient's battle plate. There is no knowing when The Armourer might take control of the armour, but a great many word bearers have sought his talents over the millennia of perpetual war. How many damaged suits of battle plate, torn asunder by the weapons of the legion's many foes, have been repaired with one of The Armourer's daemonic repairs? Only he knows, but to move against him would surely rip the legion apart.

The foul processes utilised to perform the Armourer's work are an easily kept secret, for despite being awake, and under neurological influence to ensure their transgenic physiology feels as much pain as possible, the word bearers that undergo this work are barely able to comprehend the procedure, and are not inclined to discuss what they do remember for shame of the memory of the March.
  • Warsmith Aznable and Kierdale like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inspiration Friday, Chaos

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users