Damaged Limited Edition Codexes

Epher

I have finally been given my LE codex for my birthday and have had the chance to look it over.  I have noticed scuff marks on the box and the outside edges of some of the pages have not been cut.  I will be calling customer service shortly.

Looking through the "Identity of the Reclusiam 900" thread I have noticed that I am not the only one with defects in LE codex bundle.  I would like to start this new thread to see how many of us there are with defective products and also to see how customer service resolves this.

Thanks,

Epher

I recently bought a space marine successors codex that had some bad scratch marks on the cover. I just kept it as it will be the codex I use for my carcharodons. I noticed that the cover feels softer, just like my reclusiam edition book (which is the highest quality le book set I have seen so far!!!). I am assuming the mars on the covers are due to this softness (not that it is an excuse when we are paying $165).

Gw customer service is usually awesome. I am assuming they will want pics of the damage. They may require you send certain parts back so you don't resell extras (esp due to our codex' value).

I got lucky and have had no issues with my reclusiam set. However, I purchased a retail dark angels codex too which had torn and mis-cut page edges like yours though. I took pictures of this damage and sent it to gw customer service. Keep us updated!

Mine was damaged as such, the inside of the box cover seemed to have been stuck to the bottom removing parts of the green interior. Like gouges of sort.

The cover looks as though a RC car drove over the face.

The cover of the box of my book has these weird white marks on it, looks almost like glue frosting or like someone applied a sealant and it frosted over the cover. At first I thought it was dust but it refuses to wash off so I've come to the conclusion this is a result of someone mishandling the boxes during the fabrication process, or due to a fault in the machines making the boxes.

I'm a little annoyed by it I won't lie,

I think the rc car marks are likely from the machine that fed them into the mail room probably. The rollers or something. Because they are pretty straight

that's odd because mine came in a cardboard box

Yeah, but only a cardboard box. If the machine was strong enough it could have made the marks through the box. Or it could be from the machine that fed them to be packed in those boxes. It honestly baffled me that it didn't come with plastic and bubble wrap around it. For something this expensive and collectible, that's insane.

Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, July 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, July 6, 2015 - No reason given

I don't want to sound like an A-Hole (honestly) but that's what you get for buying Ltd ED double the price or more stuff from GW... sleep.png

the special release dex's are a con... shame on you for giving GW an excuse to make more and keep laughing about it all the way to the bank sad.png

Mithril

I just got off the phone with GW and they requested photos of the damages.  I went through the codex and all of its contents.  Took pictures of about a half dozen different things.  The tire tracks on the box, parallel scratches on the cover, uncut pages and tears on the data.  The only thing that seems pristine are the objective markers.  I emailed them the photos and now we will wait and see.  Due to the limited number of prints, I cannot see them sending me a replacement.

I would really hate to be one of the ebay purchasers who forked out extra for one of these only to have it arrive in similar condition to mine. 

Best of luck to the rest of you! 

So, for those of us with damaged codexes, I have spoken with GW. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that they can't replace the limited edition itself. The good news is that they are going to send me a standard edition of the codex and a voucher for the difference in cost. I am placated for now but still a little bummed.

So, for those of us with damaged codexes, I have spoken with GW. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that they can't replace the limited edition itself. The good news is that they are going to send me a standard edition of the codex and a voucher for the difference in cost. I am placated for now but still a little bummed.

So you are walking away with two codexs and a gift card for your extra money ?

ImhotepMagi, that is great and not so great news.   I can understand how bummed you are about the matter, as we are pretty much in the same boat, but it is nice that they are doing something to make up for it. 

ImhotepMagi, that is great and not so great news. I can understand how bummed you are about the matter, as we are pretty much in the same boat, but it is nice that they are doing something to make up for it.

I'll be talking to them soon then.

What's to be bummed about?!! honestly it's just a book, be happy you still have the silly numbered book and the new codex for game use AND they gave you GW dollars too...

Mithril

Apologies to bro T,

I'm bummed because my one of only 900 in the world codex is still damaged from a situation that was easily avoided. No amount of free stuff is going to undamage my codex or unruin my excitement at receiving the first real splurge item I've bought for myself since coming off unemployment and getting caught up on my bills.

I'm bummed. Slightly disappointed. A little low. I didn't say my world was ending. Feel free to reel it in a little. I still very much appreciate that GW is doing its best to remedy the situation.

What's to be bummed about?!! honestly it's just a book, be happy you still have the silly numbered book and the new codex for game use AND they gave you GW dollars too... Mithril

I am sorry that when you look at a book all that you see is just paper and feel the need to vent your lack of understanding. We all have different priorities in this hobby and this thread is not a place for judgement.

As for the rest of us, there is no monetary compensation that truely replaces a damaged collector's item. It is a shame that GW did not put a fraction of the care into its delivery as they did the content but they seem to be reasonable in trying to right this situation.

Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, July 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, July 7, 2015 - No reason given

O.k i am sorta sorry cause iv'e been there before with Ltd Ed stuff, but you gotta agree it's really a 1st world problem....and whining about it does sorta look lame, if your really still bummed about the Deal GW gave you, watch out for real life...

,Mithril

This thread is to deal with damaged LE Codexes.  Some people like to get their moneys worth, I imagine someone that purchased a Ferrari would be pretty bummed if it came scratched, so it's natural that the dedicated DA players that wanted something special have the right to be bummed if the exclusive and expensive codex they have didn't come in pristine condition.

So if anyone doesn't have any constructive comment or solution, please refrain from posting in the thread. I've deleted two replies that were less than tactful and could pass as trollish so really don't make an issue were there should be none.

I have to say that I am pretty disappointed as well. I missed out on the initial sale of these form GW, and was left with only one option, paying a rediculously huge mark up for this on ebay, which I was initially ok with doing being that Dark Angels were my first army that I have been collecting since 3rd edition. Now I do not know if I will be eligibile for any compensation, nor would it truely make up for it. Truely this is a huge let down for me. I have many friends that have grown tired of GW's antics and left the hobby, but I have held out and continued to spend much more than I probably should on this hobby. I will be calling GW and I have already contacted the seller to see what can be done, but hope seems bleak.

HandofAnubis:  I hope things work out for you through both eBay and with GW.  I would be very surprised if the eBay seller did not look over the codex before listing.  He should have dealt with GW and listed the codex in its actual condition.  It would have been interesting to see how much the codex would have fetched then.  Keep us posted on how it goes.

ImhotepMagi:  I have heard back from customer service and I am getting the same deal too.  It just sucks that it has lost its value before it made it out of the box.

Best of luck to the rest! 

HandofAnubis: I hope things work out for you through both eBay and with GW. I would be very surprised if the eBay seller did not look over the codex before listing. He should have dealt with GW and listed the codex in its actual condition. It would have been interesting to see how much the codex would have fetched then. Keep us posted on how it goes.

ImhotepMagi: I have heard back from customer service and I am getting the same deal too. It just sucks that it has lost its value before it made it out of the box.

Good to here, Epher. GW is certainly going the extra mile to make things up. I'm starting to get excited thinking about spending that voucher. biggrin.png

HandofAnubis:  I hope things work out for you through both eBay and with GW.  I would be very surprised if the eBay seller did not look over the codex before listing.  He should have dealt with GW and listed the codex in its actual condition.  It would have been interesting to see how much the codex would have fetched then.  Keep us posted on how it goes.

ImhotepMagi:  I have heard back from customer service and I am getting the same deal too.  It just sucks that it has lost its value before it made it out of the box.

Good to here, Epher. GW is certainly going the extra mile to make things up. I'm starting to get excited thinking about spending that voucher. :D

I'm hoping to call like Saturday, excited to use it if I get it

Archived