trying very hard to get some repressors / are they worth it

I've been watching forgeworld for some time hoping they would re-stock them but I haven't seen them in over a year.. Is there any hope they will come back? I'm also wondering if they are even worth the struggle, On paper they seem fantastic for Dominions as you can shoot out the fire points (can all 4 metlas fire out of it?) Am i better off just getting more Immolators? I'm on the fence about either doing that or just playing with a flesh tearers formation for the 6 fast attack drop pods.

I'l go over the basic list without too much detail that I would like to of played. 

1500 Sisters of battle
Saint Celestine

6 battle sisters
heavy flamer
rhino

7 battle sisters
heavy flamer
Rhino

5 battle sisters 
Immolator

5 dominions
4 meltas
1combi melta
repressor

5 dominions
4 meltas
1combi melta
​repressor

5 seraphim 
4 hand flamers

2 Exorcists

3 penitent engines.

She means every word of it, too.

* Flesh Tearers detachment is great for podding in HF Retributors or Melta-Minions and popping key targets in an alpha strike

* Repressors are great for everything, especially Dominions, and the only things keeping me from bidding on the last two I saw on eBay were:

1. one of them was missing doors, the HF, and the dozer blade

2. the other one is heavily converted into an Iron Warriors vehicle and for what the seller's asking for it I could have picked up two from FW if they were still in-stock

* As far as other units go, I recently transported a SCC with five multi-meltas (would have been five HFs but I don't have that many atm) in one in a 2 v 1 against Orks (1000 pts SoB, 1000 pts Space Wolves, 2000 pts Orks) and the grace of the God-Emperor allowed said SCC to do a lot of damage despite snap firing before finally turbo boosting to take linebreaker on T5. The other reason I took the 5 MM is I expected two Dakka Jets to show up; he forgot to bring them with him so ended up having to take warbikes instead.

* You can't go wrong with Immos. I'm up to either six or seven now, along with three Exorcists. I lost handily because of mistakes, bad rolls, and misplays on my part, but my last opponent's daemon prince (Slaanesh daemons) feared them quickly and spent the entire game jinking even though I lacked Skyfire. One of my friends is at the point that he's tempted to foot slog his Orks just because he almost always concedes first blood to me from popped transports.

* Last I remember, someone asked FW if they were planning on producing more Repressors and I thought we had gotten a reply that they were waiting on the molds or some such. Of course, that was over a year ago.

• 3 weeks later...

We all know about the podding option but lets face it, it does not have a very sisters feel to it.

Now repressors are currently worth their weight in gold but are certainly worth it.

I have 3, 1 I boughtt and was a mess off ebay so had to tear it apart to just the resin and I'm buying a new frame for it.

I paid what you would from FW with the extra doors which it did come with but I want the tank to look good.

Immolators are solid but not really worth putting dominors in when you have options like this.

All marines can take fast attack pods now as awell, not just BA and Wolves though BA are the only ones with the formation that can give you a whole DP sisters force.

As it stands I have 6 immolators, 3 Repressors, 2 Exorcists and I will likely grab myself a pair of rhinos as well as lets face it, they are not as good but they have a sexy look to them. ;)

Well, you can get pods with minimal tax from the flesh tearers strike force. I doubt anyone but SM will get pods. They have been an SM exclusive thing for a while noe and with allied rules everywhere, there is literally no need to produce a Sisters exclusive one.

Regarding the availability of Repressors, I think it's stuck in a catch 22. No one has ordered one, because the site says they aren't available. However, because no one has ordered one...Might be best to ring or email them and ask them if they intend on casting any again. I'd consider getting one once I've gotten a few more line Sisters etc first. To be honest, it doesn't make any sense having an item on their site if they aren't going to sell it sad.png

From every thing I've read Repressors are totally worth it. But since it's not likely FW will be stocking it anytime soon, best bet is eBay or convert it up. Shame too, since I'd totally buy two if they sorted it out.

Lore wise they are off base. 

You can make them look good but not exactly what a sister would call her sunday best.

They're not off base at all, that's my point. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Drop_Pod#Other_Forces

My point is that it does not look very sistersy, it needs more than a couple symbols and a customer paint job and that may take some time and a tonne of effort.

Forge World when i last ordered as asked said they were not planning on making them again as far as they knew.

Not sure if that means they could be moved to plastics in an update or just sisters lines running out, tau lost allot of their gear these last few years as well... Poor Knarlocs. :P

They have been out of stock for about 8 months or more.

I sent FW an email at the beginning of the month regarding the repressor and recieved a standard response (not sure when they are due back, keep checking the newsletter, blah,blah, blah) so I'm fairly sure it's not coming back.

Conversion wise, I've seen grgobart's (Linky) are there any other's that people have seen online?

I sent one before the weekend and got a reply today saying that its because the master mould is being reworked.

There's mine - I think there's images in my ETL thread from last year.

• 2 weeks later...

I have converted two repressors, not to match the look but to match the wargear/feel. I just made them different enough from my immolators to be clear in game. I'll see if I can dig up some photos, but basically they have two sisters sitting out the top, one with a stormbolter, one flamer and a fleur de lis on the front to represent the higher armour. Not perfect, but I was fed up waiting for FW.

Best

TCOTH

Edit:

tumblr_nsq12cWZoe1ucvnh9o8_1280.jpg

Archived