3k Orbital assault warhounds

Lanky27

3k orbital assault as I've given up on the Angels wrath idea.

HQ - 280

Praetor - Cataphractii terminator armour, paragon blade, digital lasers, grenade harness - 180

Consul - articifer armour, melta bombs, refractor field, power axe, volkite charger - 100

Elites - 1205

Contemptor Dreadnought - dccw(2), graviton gun(2), drop pod - 270

Contemptor Dreadnought - dccw(2), graviton gun(2), drop pod - 270

Legion destroyers(10) - missile launchers(2) - 335

Dedicated drop pod transport

Red butcher(6) - chainfists(2) - 340

Troops - 793

Tactical marines(10) - extra ccw, vexilia, nuncio Vox, power fist, art armour - 250

Tactical marines(10) - extra ccw, vexilia, nuncio Vox, power fist, art armour - 250

Tactical marines(19) - extra ccw, vexilia, power fist, art armour - 313

Fast attack -

Storm eagle assault ship - TL Lascannons -250

Javelin attack speeder(2) - Lascannon, HK missiles(2) - 190

Heavy support -

Fire raptor gunship - reaper autocannon, extra armour, hellstrike missiles - 250

So the basic idea is to drop the tacticals and destroyers in turn 1 with the tacticals moving towards objectives but all squads staying as well protected as possible. Hopefully the destroyers can start weakening any threats with their rad missiles.

Then in fashionable order drop pod and deepstrike as much as possible, praetors and butchers going towards command targets with the dreads destroying armour. Storm eagle drops the big tactical blob and then it teams up with the fire raptor and javelins for air and armour hunting.

So let me know what you think, I don't get to play regularly so testing will be difficult but any suggestions would be great. Cheers

I think primarch a maybe blobbed with the eagle squad/praetor- hit them with destroyers first and drop dreads on them as well if needed. Otherwise drop the dreads on LOW and let them wreck face.

Go big or go home;)

Archived