Emperors Children - Airforce 1850

Cruor

Hey guys, new to the forum. Spent most of last night reading your posts.. 

A little about me: So I have about 8k points in EC. A good chunk is in flyers, i love flyers lol. I have 2 eagles, 2 raptors, 2 lightnings, 1 raven and a cardboard hand made thunderhawk (saving for a real one) and 1 assault ram.

I play 40k a lot with my 30k marines, Fulgrim has a good habit of dying to d-weapons and grav... :'(

I have a few questions.

Some of you put lists up with 3 hq's. Eidelon and 2 consuls for example. how is that?

and some of you said the champion has some buffs but i cant find anything other then he gets better WS?

And lastly the master of the signal has all these special rules i cant find either, only that he has bombardment and can make someone within 6in BS5?

After reading some of you posts i have come up with this list.

HQ

> Chaplain, Artificer armour, Charnabal Sabre, refractor field, shrieker, 120 (free axe or power weapon, dunno what to take?)

> Champion, Artificer armour, Charnabal Sabre, refractor field, 115

Troops

> 10 Tactical, 150

Rhino, 35

> 10 Tactical, 150

Rhino, 35

Elites

> Palatine squad, 135

DreadClaw = 100

> Apothecary, 45

Fast Attack

> Lightning, 3x twlinlinked autocannons, tank hunter, ground tracking = 220

> Land Speeder Javalin, LasCannons, 85

> Xiphon Fighter, Ground tracking, Armoured Cockpit = 220

Heavy Support

> Predator Squadron (2) Lascannon sponsons, 230

> Fire Raptor, Reaper autocannons, 210

Idea is that turn one.

I have my hq's with the palatine squad in the claw, going after infantry.

The squishy unit in here is the palatine swordsman, i put them in here for fluff reasons but could drop them for more tactical options like a support squad in pod or 235 points could go into adding a whirlwind scorpius and another auto las pred to the squadron. I would then change the chaplain to a master of signal and give the champion a jump pack so he can come from reserve deepstriking on to a far away objective to hide like a :cuss.. lol

Predators take off light to medium tanks and monstrous creatures. 

Tac squads hiding as best they can till turn 2.

Idea for turn 2 is the fast attack come on and target priority the enemy tough killers, the xiphon can kill anything that jinks and the lightning have 6 strength 7 twinlinked shots at bs 5 and rerolling to pen, as well as having a TL lascannon. Javalin aswell ofcourse.

Thoughts?

"Battles in the Age of Darkness" force organisation chart is not exactly the same as 40k - it has 3 HQ's and 4 Elites. But if you play 40k, then you can't use it.

Check the FAQ's on Forgeworld's website, as some stuff there is pretty important (Master of Signal cannot be a complusory HQ now).

Emperor's Children are a pretty difficult Legion to perfect (ironically). I feel like you've taken some good choices, but not equipped them ideally. i.e. Lightnings can take 6 Kraken missiles, which will reliably take out anything (even a Spartan) the turn it comes on. Also, Palatine Blades work very well when they're equipped with Phoenix power spears, but yours are naked. Some people rate Charnabal Sabres, but you have one of the best melee weapons in the game available to them. Dreadclaw is perfect for them though!

Love the Landspeeder Javelin btw. Consider 2 discounted Hunter-killer missiles for even more firepower!

Yeah as above.

At 1850 though is a very small battle in heresy, a lot tends to be generic.

Personally I don't like lascannons on preds, I go for hb for synergy. For those extra points you could take a quad rapier for instance. Or hb sponsons and pintle hb.

And I always find my preds are bullet magnets!

Im not sure id leave the champ on an objective, he can't capture anyway as in heresy only troops choices can capture objectives. Also he's an investment and you should use him! Preferably with spear and shield, even if you drop a rhino and increase the squad size of a Tac squad for him or keep him with blades.

Archived