The Marked Wulf Crusade : 8th Edition Battles

Thank you , though I doubt your models are to a lower standard mostly because i believe standards to be subjective to how much enjoyment you actually get out of your models 

I also refute all allegations that I re primed my land raiders ... 

tumblr_nrgos0dTR91tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Honor ( and Insomnia)   demanded I complete the honor guard save their heads which will be forgeworld templar brethren helmets 
tumblr_nrgs2qfxxk1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Edited by Bladewolf

Update Time 

The emperors champion /  count as chapter master has arrived 
I finished the 10 assault marines which means all the skyhammer marines are indeed finished
I secured the last drop pod I needed so thats on its way. 

tumblr_nrjvis9X7p1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrjvis9X7p1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Were still waiting on the Thunderfire Cannon , 2 Drop pods ( i  own a third wolves one thats not pictured there)   and the helms for the sword Brethern to show up  and we still have 5 sword brethern and two crusader squads to paint  but things are coming along , the full Templar list should be playable before the end of the month

Update : Sword Brothers Painted 
tumblr_nrkdodvcco1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Edited by Bladewolf

Today I finished The First of the two Crusader Squads ,  I  also Got in and painted the first of two  drop pods ( thats right we ordered the second one so were good for 1850 boys! )  moved though my bits and found I could make two extra power fist guys , so I put them together and primed them. 

tumblr_nro36oX0Np1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Still need those heads to come in for my Honor Guard ...  but one drop pod one tech marine one thunderfire cannon and 10 crusaders to go
tumblr_nrntt39P4X1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

Edited by Bladewolf

Alright Seems like the Board is Back !   Ive finished everything up

tumblr_nrpb61ivgp1tdqdkto1_540.jpg
Crusader Squad A
tumblr_nrpb61ivgp1tdqdkto2_540.jpg
Crusader Squad B 

tumblr_nrthi8DGuX1tdqdkto1_1280.jpgThe Honor Guard are some of my favorite Models 

tumblr_nrteprjwYX1tdqdkto1_1280.jpgThen Theres brother Tobi the Tech Marine 

tumblr_nrthi8DGuX1tdqdkto2_r1_1280.jpgAnd this would be roughly 2000 points ! 

• 4 weeks later...

So I  got a bare metal Grimmaldus and tried painting him up ,  the Grimbro is real  very real. 

tumblr_nt5jpjME9s1tdqdkto1_540.jpg
tumblr_nt5jpjME9s1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

My roomate also picked me up a  Landraider ( which she put together )  I Just finished spray priming it , looking forward to finish it this weekend. 

tumblr_nt5jpjME9s1tdqdkto3_r1_540.jpg

Pretty good job on your Grim (pewter for the win). The reds and parchment/bone came out very well.

It is a touch monotone in a couple of places though, where different parts with similar or identical colors overlap, i.e. the chains and plasma pistol.  And of course, basing.

Looking good, though I'll never understand the Hurricane Bolter sponsons on the back of a Raider... Right where they can shoot your guys in the backs of their heads as they pile out of the side doors :laugh.:

Everyone knows you shoot first, assault out the front ramp after :P Edited by Marshal Mattias

Thanks RPR that really is a compliment coming from as skilled a painted as you  , its actually become a bit harder to keep up my usual pace now that I am employed though.  I  finished up 5 of the 10 neophytes ive been working on last night ,  the other 4 with shotguns and another one with a knife will be done......soon enough   I have some initiates to work on

tumblr_ntcvf0oZo41tdqdkto1_540.jpg

So Next Week I have a bit of a special event going on in my store its a scaling series of games in sorta a one day mini campaign. 

500 points no Hvy Support , No Fliers , No Super Heavies  , 3+ wounds reduced to 2 Wounds 
1000 points No Fliers , No Super Heavies 
1500 points No Super Heavies 
2000 points 

So I  was deciding if I was going to take my wolves or my templars to this  and I decided to take my templars cause  I feel like ive played so much with my wolves that I need to play my templars a bit more. 

My Theme is armor 

The First 500 Point game is pretty straightforward as far as the List goes

+++ Combat Patrol (500pts) +++

++ Space Marines: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (500pts) ++

+ (No Category) +

Chapter Tactics * [black Templars]

+ HQ (140pts) +

The Emperor's Champion (140pts)

+ Troops (360pts) +

Crusader Squad (180pts)
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate with Heavy or Power Weapon
Power Weapon [boltgun, Power Sword]
Initiate with Special Weapon [bolt Pistol, Meltagun]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Rhino [Dozer Blade]
Sword Brother [bolt Pistol, Power Sword]

Crusader Squad (180pts)
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate [Chainsword]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Rhino [Dozer Blade]

tumblr_ntijhsUDfE1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg
The Emperors Champion , Marcus will lead two small groups of Crusaders in the first small engagement. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Second List  is a 1000 point list where  the Reclusaiarch has arrived to lend a hand , bringing some heavy armor in as well.

+++ Minor Engagement  (1000pts) +++

++ Space Marines: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1000pts) ++

+ (No Category) +

+ HQ (290pts) +

Chaplain Grimaldus (150pts)

+ Troops (400pts) +

Crusader Squad (200pts)
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate [Chainsword]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [Chainsword]
Neophyte [Chainsword]
Rhino [Dozer Blade]

Crusader Squad (200pts)
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate [Chainsword]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [Chainsword]
Neophyte [Chainsword]
Rhino [Dozer Blade]

+ Heavy Support (310pts) +

Predators (210pts)
Predator [Dozer Blade, Twin-linked Lascannon]

Thunderfire Cannons (100pts) [Thunderfire Cannon]

tumblr_ntijhsUDfE1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg
Talk about Reinforcements

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At 1500 its obvious Rhinos arent  cutting it anymore and  lets add in some more crusaders just for good measure .

+++ Serious  Engagement  (1496pts) +++

++ Space Marines: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1496pts) ++

+ (No Category) +

+ HQ (290pts) +

+ Troops (896pts) +

Crusader Squad (448pts)
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate [boltgun]
Initiate [boltgun]
Land Raider Crusader [Multi-melta]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [Chainsword]
Neophyte [Chainsword]

Crusader Squad (448pts)
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate [boltgun]
Initiate [boltgun]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [Chainsword]
Neophyte [Chainsword]

+ Heavy Support (310pts) +

Predators (210pts)

Thunderfire Cannons (100pts) [Thunderfire Cannon]

tumblr_ntijhsUDfE1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg
Grimmaldus , apparently not only adept at inspiring zeal but also pimping rides
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finnaly we reach 2k  where  we add some even heavier armor , and a large adamantium  friend 

+++ Final Engagement (1997pts) +++

++ Space Marines: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (820pts) ++

+ (No Category) +

+ HQ (150pts) +

+ Elites (195pts) +

Honour Guard (195pts) [Chapter Banner]
Chapter Champion [boltgun, Relic Blade]
Honour Guard [Power Axe]
Honour Guard [Power Sword]

+ Troops (475pts) +

Crusader Squad (235pts)
Initiate [boltgun]
Initiate [boltgun]
Initiate [boltgun]
Initiate [boltgun]
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate [Chainsword]
Power Weapon [boltgun, Power Axe]
Initiate with Special Weapon [bolt Pistol, Flamer]
Neophyte [Chainsword]
Neophyte [Chainsword]
Neophyte [Chainsword]
Neophyte [Chainsword]
Neophyte [Chainsword]

Crusader Squad (240pts)
Initiate [boltgun]
Initiate [boltgun]
Initiate [boltgun]
Initiate [boltgun]
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate [Chainsword]
Initiate [Chainsword]
Power Weapon [boltgun, Power Axe]
Neophyte [Chainsword]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [shotgun]
Neophyte [shotgun]

++ Space Marines: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) (770pts) ++

+ (No Category) +

+ Formation (770pts) +

'Land Raider Spearhead (770pts) [Land Raider]

++ Imperial Knights: Codex (2015) (Oathsworn Detachment) (410pts) ++

+ Lord of War (410pts) +

Knight Warden (410pts) [Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Twin Icarus Autocannon]

The veterans of the Crusade ( honor Guard)  Join the grimbro in thier own land raider   and  an Adamantium giant 

Edited by Bladewolf

Couldnt Stop Myself , Painted the whole thing tonight. 

tumblr_ntmfinZ5Wu1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

" That one will  do.  . . .  BEAST COME CLOSER SO THAT YOU MAY DIE UPON MY BLADE."  - Marshal Marcus day 763 of the Marked Wulf Crusade

tumblr_ntmfinZ5Wu1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

" This is only the second most unwinnable battle ive fought in. Considering we won the first this should be no problem. " - Marshal Marcus  Day  458 of the Marked Wulf Crusade 

tumblr_ntmfinZ5Wu1tdqdkto3_540.jpg

" We do as we always have , we bring blade to the enemy and  then the next and the next , we can sort other matters out once we run out of enemies  to bring blade to."  - Marshal Marcus  Day 87 of the Marked Wulf Crusade 

tumblr_ntmfinZ5Wu1tdqdkto6_540.jpg

"You make a mistake Wolf Lord.  The blade is not chained to me , I am chained to it , the same way we are both chained to our duty." - Marshal Marcus  Day 1 of the Marked Wulf Crusade 

tumblr_ntmfinZ5Wu1tdqdkto5_540.jpg
" I made a vow upon  the grand crusader to return  this armor and this blade to my master , the one who granted it to me on the day this crusade began, I have no intention of dying before I can fufil that promise."  - Marshal Marcus  Day 502 of the Marked Wulf Crusade 

Very nice job on Sigis-, um, Marcus. :)  I have mine slated for later this year after I get through a couple of projects. Yours, however, makes me very impatient.

I loved the quotes from your Marshal, but I especially liked this one:

"You make a mistake Wolf Lord.  The blade is not chained to me , I am chained to it , the same way we are both chained to our duty." - Marshal Marcus  Day 1 of the Marked Wulf Crusade

That really resonated with me. Well done.

Thank you for the compliment brother it motivates me to paint more stuff.

One thing I  will say I love about 40k is the ability to make your own heroes and have your own little avatar  on the board. Marcus is that for me. I was sitting around thinking about a Final Boss for my Templar army and I was reading the established fluff and I went.  " Man what am I gonna name this guy."

Then I was like  well my last name is Marquis ( pronounced Mar-key) but the most common way people mispronounce it is Marcus.

So I decided to go with that and I wanted him and my wolf lord to be similar guys with completely different approaches that become a little bit more like each other over the long time they are effectively crusading together.

The quotes are supposed to represent how  Marcus sort of shifts a little but stays true to his core  the longer the crusade goes on.

I  only had an hour today after work before I had to cook  dinner. Then again I  didint really have anything to paint but I  wanted to do something hobby related. So I looked around in my throw box and I noticed that the Mk2 Crusade Apothecary that came with the lot  that makes up my mkiii Grey hunters was just sitting there , primed white and unloved ( space wolves dont have apothecaries )   so I quickly painted him up.  Im okay with how he came out for only an hours work , definately not as hype as when I finished Marcus , but hey now I have an apothecary  should I ever need him.  

tumblr_ntrpbtx3iP1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

tumblr_ntrpbtx3iP1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

tumblr_ntrpbtx3iP1tdqdkto3_540.jpg

tumblr_ntrpbtx3iP1tdqdkto4_540.jpg

So  after some arguing with the guy who sold me the recast , and some threats about the warped scenic base , I actually showed him the pictures of the model painted and he sent me some new parts to finish out the scenic base so here is the COMPLETE  Marshal Marcus Photos , Sorry it took  so long. 

tumblr_nttt9r6NuV1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

tumblr_nttt9r6NuV1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

tumblr_nttt9r6NuV1tdqdkto3_540.jpg

tumblr_nttt9r6NuV1tdqdkto4_540.jpg

Edited by Bladewolf

So the reception of the Marcus Miniature and general hobby funds have allowed me to prep for phase 2 of the Templars 

Im waiting on the majority of these things to be delivered and a good bit of them were ordered  over the weekend so I likely wont be rushing forward till the end of the month, but here is the to do list  for the Knights of the Gold Cross 

SEASON 2

Deredo Pattern Dreadnought - ( Recast  )

5 Sword Brothers / Command Squad -Templar Brethern upgrade kit ( Recast )   Built on a Mkiii Despoiler Squad Base ( Authentic FW

5 Mkiii Bolter Crusaders - ( recasts to be built using upgrade sprue bolter bits ) 

6 CCW BP Crusaders - ( Authentic GW  and Templar Upgrade Sprue )

2 Melta Gun Special Weapon Crusaders - ( authentic gw and Templar Upgrade sprue ) 

2 Power Axe  Bolt Pistol crusaders - ( Authenic GW and Templar Upgrade Sprue) 

1 Quad Mortar and 2 gunners  -  (authentic FW kit )  

This should be enough to keep me relatively busy. 

Moving forward we are probably looking at 1 more quad mortar  an Ironclad and 10 more neophytes but that will likely be for season 3 

As always remember 
" The marked wulf may stalk  you  across the stars , but far worse is the knight chained to that beast. For we are the fury  , we wield the blade of the faithful , and should you  slip  past the Jaws of the wulf , you will be torn apart on  the sword of the knight.  For the Emperor Wills it. " - Marshal Marcus 

The Labor Day Crusade

http://41.media.tumblr.com/09489f46f5750b44f57fd83b7b4d5337/tumblr_nu8sytmlL01tdqdkto6_1280.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/2de0d1dcc9bf34444a926a6f39acaa97/tumblr_nu8sytmlL01tdqdkto5_540.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/affa5fce03a1e14604604f8a5027603b/tumblr_nu8sytmlL01tdqdkto1_540.jpg

http://36.media.tumblr.com/ac05fe2a28e3e44a14e08783935d3e90/tumblr_nu8sytmlL01tdqdkto2_540.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/55390d8e42c23c470d0cfa83fbf918ba/tumblr_nu8sytmlL01tdqdkto3_540.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/10a73a61dd08134a1b4d0ca075e39e9f/tumblr_nu8sytmlL01tdqdkto4_540.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/9e33b478104b7b223551c674233dbe3c/tumblr_nu8sytmlL01tdqdkto7_540.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/cd1f0a694bd3b54e625c44651866391a/tumblr_nu8sytmlL01tdqdkto8_540.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/8109e4db79a70c19175321640c60bd8c/tumblr_nu8sytmlL01tdqdkto10_540.jpg
http://36.media.tumblr.com/ec5ee9359c979b535c7e267099710c5b/tumblr_inline_nu8tcxxBxs1sh7rc6_540.jpg

http://36.media.tumblr.com/ae9b5cc473d459c42a9f68d84bd04137/tumblr_nu8sytmlL01tdqdkto9_540.jpg