The Marked Wulf Crusade : 8th Edition Battles

One Mortar Down , 2 to Go
Thank you  to my lovely roommate for putting the rapier battery together for me

5 x Command Squad Templar Brethern  to build
5x Stermguard Squad Templar Brethern ( dunno what im going to do weapons wise for them ) to build

as well as a hunter that needs refurbishing should be busy for the next two weeks or so

How are you planning on setting up the command squad?

Do people use them?  I was thinking of making one anyway even if they only end up on display. 

The idea of a Marshal surrounded by his squad of most loyal and skilled brothers is so cool

So the Knockoff Templar Brethern Kit came as well as some knockoff Mkiii legs and backpacks  pretty happy with how these came out  looking forward to the actual forgeworld quality ones that should be here next week.  I did use the authentic despoiler squad pistols cause im going to be rolling with grav pistols on the next set of guys. But without further delay , the Marshalls Household Part one 

tumblr_numsab3Cru1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

tumblr_numsab3Cru1tdqdkto3_540.jpg

tumblr_numsab3Cru1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

Those look very well done! The paint job is nice and clean and that gold is awesome! Although there is that mold line on the back pack of Sigismund (on the vent, between studs). Other than that, nice work!

Marshal Barbarossa

Edit: whoops not a mold line. My bad.:unsure.:

Edited by Marshal Barbarossa

Oh my....I love how they turned out. Very antiquey (technical term)

I'm a, um, Ima gonna borrow that pic if you don't mind, for my sister, yeah, my sister. She loves antiques, especially old looking ones. She and Morgan Fairchild. :P

So I  got a bare metal Grimmaldus and tried painting him up ,  the Grimbro is real  very real. 

tumblr_nt5jpjME9s1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

tumblr_nt5jpjME9s1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

My roomate also picked me up a  Landraider ( which she put together )  I Just finished spray priming it , looking forward to finish it this weekend. 

tumblr_nt5jpjME9s1tdqdkto3_r1_540.jpg

That explains the multi-melta. Very nice of her though. Great work. I like the grim dark painting style. Veterans of a long crusade I guess.

Thank you  all for the compliments. 

I will need to look into an easy basing solution it seems  Ive never really based models before atleast not remotely well. 

In the meantime I  finished my Anti Air Defense Force Formation  Making good use of secondhand bits sites 

tumblr_nv390l9V2J1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Its that 30k  Armor , really makes them stand out and at the same time seem  like they should be bursting forth from the same land raider and butchering the enemies of the emperor. 

Also I  bought some sand and painted the rims of the bases , I prolly need to get some small rocks too  but this is what im going  with for right now 

tumblr_nv405rIYYk1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

The Rapier Mortar Battery  is put together and painted , Ran out of spare templar brethren heads so the mk iii heads will have to do the job !  Pretty happy with these guys , the one on the right was really really rough to put together,  but I finally got it done ( I hate resin ) but im excited to field these guys 

tumblr_nvcz1vRk9h1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

tumblr_nvcz1vRk9h1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

Two words: Cat litter*

Your crusade is really coming together and I love the mortars.

* It's cheap and you get a lot. Used cat litter may seem to be a good deal, but don't fall for this trick. It's not like coffee grounds. :P

Im using GW sand at the moment fer my bases  its working pretty well. 

Thanks for the compliment on the Rapier Batteries , Im looking forward to  abusing the fact that have pinning at  -1 Ld to keep people in place for my Templars to butcher them  ! 

For Gold I use the new Corax White spray to prime , then two thin coats of Runelord Brass , and a shade of nuln oil 

Very nice, how did you paint the gold on your Marshall? I've picked up a helbrecht but not a fan of his gaudy gw colour scheme. Yours is much more to my liking.

Edit. Disregard - my phone just loaded the above post where you mention it

Edited by sgtglenskovski

• 2 weeks later...

One part of my birthday spending came in today  and I  pounced on it immediately since I have nothing unfinished on  my table , gotta wait for some arms to come in. 

tumblr_nvxo0dy7461tdqdkto1_540.jpgtumblr_nvxo0dy7461tdqdkto3_540.jpgtumblr_nvxo0dy7461tdqdkto2_540.jpg

My scouring Era Imperial Fists 1st Company  get a contemptor and my  Black Templars Get an Ironclad , Its a win  win