Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mars Pattern Warlord Psi-Titan: The Red Comet Walks

Mars Pattern Warlord Titan Psi-Titan Athrawes Depthcharge12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
165 replies to this topic

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

My favorite bit so far is actually the Scrits. Those subtle things you do to tie your force together are amazing.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Kobrakei

Kobrakei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 900 posts

I knew the Warlord was big, but wow. That is an imposing piece of resin...very much looking forward to seeing this progress.

'For nine days and nine nights I hung from the spines of that great tree, my blood awash with toxins, my mind awash with visions. Where brothers died, I was reborn. This is what it is to be a warrior of the Thorn Wreath'  - Jor Yestine, I Company, Crimson Shrikes Adeptus Astartes

A Dark Song - A collection of armies

Redmeption At All Costs - Dark Angels Fifth Company

Instagram

gallery_70393_10089_14170.png

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,164 posts

Super impressive, Athrawes!!! I don't usually get very excited for Titans, but I'm pretty keen to see this one come together :tu:

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

paz

paz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 208 posts

Stunning, so cool to see this massive beast get built!

<p>sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_29004_10383_3614.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngCB60B3CF-19F9-426A-9150-B04D479E791E_zps

Andvarr A

Andvarr A

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts
"Dat fing's big!"

Bloody he'll, that's huge!

"Imperium?... Yes I know of what you speak, and speak, on this no further... A rotting carcass of stupidity, ignorance, and of worlds that don't know, that they are already dead!"

Follow on Twitter @AndvarrA

Blackadder

Blackadder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,749 posts

The prayer scripts are an nice touch and thanks for the information on the Psi Titanicus symbol i was unaware of that.

Would it be too much trouble to measure the overall length of the Main guns since they are of the same model as my Lucius Warlord and I am curious how the measure up scale-wise to my scratch built. My Warlord's Main guns are twelve inches long overall; about 30 centimeters.

BTW your's is the best pose I have seen bar none.

"It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Andvarr A

Andvarr A

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts

The prayer scripts are an nice touch and thanks for the information on the Psi Titanicus symbol i was unaware of that.

Would it be too much trouble to measure the overall length of the Main guns since they are of the same model as my Lucius Warlord and I am curious how the measure up scale-wise to my scratch built. My Warlord's Main guns are twelve inches long overall; about 30 centimeters.

BTW your's is the best pose I have seen bar none.

You're not planning on building one by scratch are you?

"Imperium?... Yes I know of what you speak, and speak, on this no further... A rotting carcass of stupidity, ignorance, and of worlds that don't know, that they are already dead!"

Blackadder

Blackadder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,749 posts

Depends on how it compares in size.......... ;)

"It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Andvarr A

Andvarr A

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts
Might be more squat, because the shoulder batteries/void generators aren't as prominant I think, plus it's not as blocky as the other warlord style...admit it tho...I know that sly grin blackadder...you and baldric are up to something..."a cunning plan!"

Twisty

Twisty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts

This is so awesome.. I donΒ΄t know what else to say.. jawdrop.gif

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_01.jpg gallery_48988_10980_12646.png "And Titans! CanΒ΄t go wrong with Titans!" - Arcadon Kyro, XIII Legion Ultramarines

lionofjudah

lionofjudah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,066 posts
😜!!! Dang you're incredibly fast!!!

Athrawes

Athrawes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,047 posts

No problem at all Blackadder, here is a Volcano Cannon next to a ruler:

2B350AA4-AA5A-4D13-8682-ED5D5C81694F.jpg

It's just a little over 13 inches long. Is that what you were hoping, or is it too large for you to use?

Also, I'm pleased that you like the pose, it was hard to achieve but i think it turned out well (plus it is very well balanced). I wanted to convey that the weapons the Warlord carrier are incredibly massive and so even a warlord would need to brace on both legs to fire a single Volcano Cannon.

J5pGXDL.gifDox9Zn3.jpgcKjP2HP.jpg

K0rtmer

K0rtmer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts

I salute you, good sir. Best of luck with this project, you're off to a fantastic start and I can't wait to see how this pans out. I also second Blackadder, the pose you settled on is boss. 

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” Visit K0rtmer's echo chamber: slow-burn, random projects, Death Guard, Space Crusade. You know, hobby butterfly. β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ

gallery_80057_10843_8937.jpg

Blackadder

Blackadder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,749 posts

No problem at all Blackadder, here is a Volcano Cannon next to a ruler:

2B350AA4-AA5A-4D13-8682-ED5D5C81694F.jpg

It's just a little over 13 inches long. Is that what you were hoping, or is it too large for you to use?

Also, I'm pleased that you like the pose, it was hard to achieve but i think it turned out well (plus it is very well balanced). I wanted to convey that the weapons the Warlord carrier are incredibly massive and so even a warlord would need to brace on both legs to fire a single Volcano Cannon.

Thanks for the info and my guns including the shield are also 13 inches long so the two are compatible surprisingly. The muzzle barrel has an outside diameter of 17 mm and a bore of 10.77 mm on my volcano cannons

NgEqa30l.jpg

My apologies for this seeming attempt at hijacking your thread but this info is vital to me and I haven't found a willing source 'til now. BTW; consider me subscribed to your excellent documentation of this project.

Any subsequent measurements you would care to impart I am sure would be of great interest to your readers and of course, myself.

Athrawes

Athrawes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,047 posts

No Problem. 

The barrel diameter on the Belicosa Volcano Cannon is 23mm, while the bore is 11mm.

Dono1979

Dono1979

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,942 posts

Any plans to base it or leave it free standing?

Athrawes

Athrawes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,047 posts

Dono: That's a hard question for me to answer. 

Here are the pros and cons as I see them for giving the warlord titan a base.

Pros: Base makes the Warlord harder to tip over, opportunity to model a scenic base

Cons: Warlord titan is already fairly well balanced/stable without base (can only be topped over if you push it and try to tip i over), a base big enough for a warlrod would be very difficult to move around a table, not to mention silly, I would have to model a scenic base.

It basically boils down to stability versus being able to deploy around terrain. I've always thought titan bases are so big they are silly and destroy the possibility to place it on a modeled table. But the warlord is an expensive model, and while i feel it is pretty stable, how can I tell whether it is stable enough to free stand?

Here is what I was considering using for the base if I go that route. The thing is, I have never based something this big before, would I attach it permanently or try to pin it? I have no idea. 

8a9ee990-541f-43af-b9ce-12a611721cbb.jpg

1aef7950-6a4b-45fa-86bb-d2eb5aa08bd4.jpg98de1de0-0dcf-4469-9ffc-fc2f08841ebe.jpg

I'd really appreciate getting all of your input on this idea of basing a titan.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,166 posts

You could make it so that infantry models can use his scenic base as terrain :P?

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Morningshadow

Morningshadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 157 posts

Why not magnetize the base? Is it possible to add magnets to the feet of the Warlord without messing with it's stability? That way on open terrain you could use the base for added support and when it gets into difficult terrain you could remove the base and pose it around the scenery.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,014 posts
First, wow. This is awesome, and thank you for sharing your process. I agree that your warlord has the best pose I've seen to date - i'm a stickler for poses, particularly on large models, and you've nailed it. :tu:

Second, I read in your first post that this is going to be a psy-titan and you're planning on putting a psy turret on top of the carapace. Would the turret of the acquilla strongpoint be N option for this, or is that too small?

Third, the base. You're right in that bases can obstruct your playability, but they also give you the opportunity to further insert hints to the rest of your army, by doing a scenic base in the same style as your regular bases. That being said, I'd suggest making the base as small in surface area as possible - so an oval base might not be the best thing to do. You could either go for pinning using pretty big pins - 4mm or something, which go well into the legs (but that only works if your titan's legs stand vertically on the feet, which considering the dynamism of the pose might not be the case) or you could go for magnetizing. I did this on my warhound, and it's worked pretty well in terms of stabalizing the model. You need STRONG magnets though. Www.seupermagnete.de is a good supplier, in my experience.

In any case, good luck with the build. Have fun, and keep us updated please!! :tu:

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,498 posts
Give each foot a base?

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_48988_15094_4929.pnggallery_62972_14467_2702.jpggallery_48988_15094_2403.pnggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:0
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:0
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:2 Dreadnought List W:2 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:0 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:1 Two Towers List W:0 D:0 L:0
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:2 D:1 L:0

SW1

SW1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,492 posts
This is a really well posed Titan. Following this bad boys developement.

Edited by SW1, 03 August 2015 - 08:42 AM.

ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_04.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_05_SW.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_13_Brothers_in_A

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,014 posts
Nah, giving each foot a base will most likely make it less stable, plus it'll make gaming even momre difficult. :) if you connect the surfaces that the feet cover by a small 'bridge' of base surface and not make it look like the silhouette of a dumbell, that'll probably be the most practical. :tu:

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

I would definitely say get the big scenic/ terrain base but make it removable.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,752 posts

Giant magnets in the feet and magnetic plates under the table.....

ETL 1v2