Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mars Pattern Warlord Psi-Titan: The Red Comet Walks

Mars Pattern Warlord Titan Psi-Titan Athrawes Depthcharge12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
165 replies to this topic

Blackadder

Blackadder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,749 posts

All this talk regarding the necessity of a base bring to mind the question:

''What is the size of each foot; length and breadth including the diagonal toes?'' 

My Warlord feet are 9.75 inches long and 8.5 inches wide each but the front and rear toes flex up so they do not add to the stability. The stabilizing toes are the diagonals and they are 9.25 inches tip to tip.

CzdvNErl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hhP8Cda.jpg

hhP8Cdal.jpg

Bottom line is if the feet in any way resemble these dimensions the model should be adequately stable.

Edited by Blackadder, 03 August 2015 - 08:05 PM.

"It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Blackadder

Blackadder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,749 posts

74e93d14764396d8f1b71fff1b6fe693_6825.jp

Edited by Blackadder, 03 August 2015 - 04:03 PM.

"It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,815 posts
Lol the warlord is nudging that lancer like "Hold mah beer son, see how a man gets it done."
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Andvarr A

Andvarr A

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts

All this talk regarding the necessity of a base bring to mind the question:

''What is the size of each foot; length and breadth including the diagonal toes?'' 

My Warlord feet are 9.75 inches long and 8.5 inches wide each but the front and rear toes flex up so they do not add to the stability. The stabilizing toes are the diagonals and they are 9.25 inches tip to tip.

Bottom line is if the feet in any way resemble these dimensions the model should be adequately stable.

Some hefty shoes to fill. "i don't think they made Nike's in her size Ray"

"Imperium?... Yes I know of what you speak, and speak, on this no further... A rotting carcass of stupidity, ignorance, and of worlds that don't know, that they are already dead!"

Follow on Twitter @AndvarrA

Athrawes

Athrawes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,047 posts

So I'm still contemplating the basing issue. I think If I do go the basing route that I would make the base removable. However, I'm not convinced Magnets or pinning would work in this situation. I'll give it some more thought as I have a while yet before I need to decide either way.

In other fronts, I've finished a bit more detailing work:

c4cc3dc7-caf1-455a-884e-5301fd2c619d.jpg

090c1b99-82f8-4a8d-95af-2c786a523299.jpg

I have finished two more sets of Prayer Scrits. I think that I am finished on that front, as I want to keep them as an accent, not a focus. The next step will be to add small wind chimes/ furin bells in on the ropes in between the scrits.

004c8286-63e3-4bd4-a1e4-e98b31b36647.jpg

Of course it needs a few lighting bolts too...

54253e9a-025a-49ba-86de-c1874631574e.jpg

4cfff2e9-7240-4f12-8491-6bfa0cf4d291.jpg

I'm Particularly proud of this. I thought the back would look cool with guardian dragons on the entry port rail. 

+++++

As always, I'd love to hear what you think.

J5pGXDL.gifDox9Zn3.jpgcKjP2HP.jpg

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,998 posts

Those dragons are great!

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

librisrouge

librisrouge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,802 posts
Those serpents are magnificent. Any other unique sculpts planned or more scripts and lightning?
"Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."
-Book of Cain - Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"I think you really need to be a guard player in order to have that kind of attitude about casualties. My forces were killed to a man for slight strategic gain? All I heard was a buzzing noise until that part about strategic gain."
-Ailarian, Hand of the Kind XXXI

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Athrawes

Athrawes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,047 posts

Edit: I forgot the most important picture!

I've begun sculpting the Heraldry. This is the start of the Legio Symbol:

a4c557c1-954e-4d6c-9311-958832f13ff3.jpg

Morningshadow

Morningshadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 157 posts

Nice work on all the added details. Again I have no idea what the bottom of the feet look like but what about adding an anchor that you could use to bolt a base onto the feet? Similar to a drywall anchor but less crude and something you could drill a small pilot hole and then glue a sleeve into. Since it'll be at least 3 months before I order my Warlord I'll just have to keep spit balling till then, lol.

sheep

sheep

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 280 posts

Nice legion symbol mate, is it cannon? Or something you came up with? 

I ask, because replacing the horn on the unicorn with a lightning bolt might make the psychic titan theme a bit stronger.

Blackadder

Blackadder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,749 posts

Love all the 'Greenstuff' add-ons; 'way to go in personalizing your model. When (?) I get my model I'll refer to to this thread religiously for inspiration.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,014 posts

Wow, those serpents are fantastic. Great idea, great execution.

I'm less enthused by the choice of a unicorn as a symbol, but that is a matter of taste. You certainly did a convincing job sculpting it! :tu: One nitpick though: the lower right lightning bolt is a little off angle compared to the bottom left. Should be simple enough to fix -especially considering your GS skills- and it will make a world of difference on such an important piece of the visual. :tu:

Wow! :)

Andvarr A

Andvarr A

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts
Nice sculpting work. I think the serpents are a nice touch on the guard rails

"Imperium?... Yes I know of what you speak, and speak, on this no further... A rotting carcass of stupidity, ignorance, and of worlds that don't know, that they are already dead!"

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
Love the little details your adding. The dragons on the rails are fantastic.

Edited by The Hydra, 04 August 2015 - 12:48 PM.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

I love the sculpted details, although I also think some of the lightning bolts might be slightly better positions (on such an expensive model it seems like it would be worth the effort for minor details).

However, I fully support the unicorn, any creature with the strength of a horse, a blade on its head, and magical powers is dangerous, and any unicorn one might find in the 40k30k universe would almost certainly kill you. Seems appropriate.

Edited by Teetengee, 04 August 2015 - 01:58 PM.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Athrawes

Athrawes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,047 posts

Since the Unicorn thing seems a bit controversial perhaps I should explain my thoughts. 

I needed a Legio symbol which could represent the avatar of a Psychic Titan Legion. This immediately excluded anything mundane. When it came to choosing a creature, it seemed best to pick a mythological creature to represent one of 40k's "myths", the existence of the Psi-Titan. We know from lore and background that they do exist, but we know next to nothing about them.

The Unicorn. When I need a creature to represent psychic might, the Unicorn just jumps to mind. It is a mythical, noble creature, rare and somewhat melancholic in legend. But it is the Unicorns horn which truly cinches it for me. 

The symbolism of the single horn is wonderful. It represents the psychic "3rd eye" weaponized. What better avatar could there be which embodies the mind as a weapon, like a sword springing from pure thought the Unicorn embodies magic, and it's single horn represents the turning of that magical (psychic) power towards violence.

+++++

That's at least my thought process!

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts

Reference the Unicorn.

Is your Psi-Titan controlled by a women, if it is that is good.

Unicorns would only let female virgins ride on them.

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Reference the Unicorn.

Is your Psi-Titan controlled by a women, if it is that is good.

Unicorns would only let female virgins ride on them.

That is dependent on the myth you are referring to.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Andvarr A

Andvarr A

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts

That's just it tho...nothing is definite, and in 40k, they'd use symbolism they feel it fits them or best adheres to their methods. The choice of unicorn comes from the fact they are magical creatures and psykers/psychics are just a futuristic versions of magicians and such...so yeah...I think

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,014 posts

The symbolism of the single horn is wonderful. It represents the psychic "3rd eye" weaponized.

Just this alone already sold it for me. :tu:

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
I think Unicorns fit the far East theme you have developed for the II legion to.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 946 posts

Looking forward to watching this beast grow, fantastic seeing such a monolothic model being dedicated to an intricate DIY Legion.

Nomus Sardauk

Nomus Sardauk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,246 posts
I say stick with the Unicorn for all the reasons you've stated and more, it's just so unique.

tn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg
Formerly SanguiniusReborn, proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

KingKurama

KingKurama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,656 posts
Dude have you looked at joining the titan owners club?

http://titanownerscl...spot.co.uk/?m=1

Athrawes

Athrawes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,047 posts

So, i have taken a bit of an extended break from the Warlord (if you hadn't noticed). Now that it is built and the conversions are finished, I have honestly been a bit daunted by the prospect of painting it, it is such an expensive model, and such a centerpiece that i have been holding off and second guessing myself in reguards to the paint scheme for it's titan legion to accompany my Lightning Bearers.

I plan to dive in over the holidays when work takes a back burner, but I just wanted to check in and say She will walk.

I also was wondering if there are any members in the UK who might consider picking up a Mars-Beta head from the forgeworld store now that it is available? If so, shoot me a PM please and I'll add an honor scroll with your name on it to the titan's Carapace when she is finished.