Mars Pattern Warlord Psi-Titan: The Red Comet Walks

Athrawes

The pose depends on what you want to convey.  #1 is either striding forward or bracing for a volcano cannon shot, depending on the subtle nuances of the arms.  #2 is putting its weight into a punch.  If you go with the latter, commit to the pose by having the fist being swung.  Otherwise, it looks off-balance.

Try mimicking the pose yourself and you'll see what I mean.  Titans become extentions of their principes' bodies, so they should take a natural form.

I'm gonna go with pose 1 as it looks more natural. I can't work out why the princep is doing in pose 2 lol.

I also vote option 2. For the aforementioned reason. It looks incredible. One day, when I save up enough.. I will also get my own warlord titan.. and convert it to chaos!!

Expect a chaos Titan in the next two years.

I want to say Pose No.1, but the gut-wrenching thought of Aeria Gloris toppling over mid-battle and breaking keeps running through my head, so unless you can find a way to covertly stabilise her I'll give my vote to Pose No.2, just to be safe.

Yup, pose #1 simply for the fact it looks more natural. Pose #2 has both left appendages forward, which would only happen mid-strike, and the warlord is built to shoot, shoot, and shoot. Punching is for warlords who miss their target, ie for warlords with unworthy princepses. For that reason, I don't see why anyone would mount a fistyclaw on it, but I can get behind the ROOL of COOL. So my advice will echo others' and say counterweight the crap out of the claw ond put it on the titan's left arm as inpicture #1. :tu:

• 1 month later...

I've been able to make a bit of Progress on the Red Comet in preparation for an apocalypse game at my local GW this saturday:

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/d9158cdb-f6f4-46dd-aded-79ebc9d72c10.jpg

I've opted to paint the Mars-Alpha head and try a different scheme, to break up the red a bit with Silver, I actually really like it so far. This is just the Base colors, needs washes and highlights/detailing but thats the case for the whole titan. Still, Hopefully it gives you general Idea of how she'll look when she is finally completed.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/86c03e29-e1a5-4300-a305-f3c8ae37f7f2.jpg

I've also started working on the Chrome panels to help give the titan some visual interest. At first I did purple checker pattern, but it looked a bit flat. Its seems like every titan has a checker pattern or stripes So I tried something a bit different, a little more elegant, the swirl pattern. 

And of course the Arioch Power Claw, with the magnetized Mega-Bolters. 

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/f49863fd-1e21-4f21-b0ef-1c97132a97dc.jpg

Here are a few full body shots to show you how the Titan is looking as a whole. I think she is really coming together, and hope that the scheme can stand alongside cannon Titan Legio's with pride.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/dfe4039a-34f3-4474-afc1-b2ea84c73788.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/adc38b52-dc03-46ea-a93b-2b2d5894711c.jpg

In a word... Wow!

I could never justify such a purchase (or survive my wife's wrath if I did) but after seeing yours...

Well I'm doing my best to find an excuse :p

Special kudos for the knee pad. Such A small feature but it adds so much character to the model. Exceptional work!

well the build time was pretty fast, about 10-15 hours over 2 weeks. It was the Cleaning and preparing the model for build that sucked. Maybe 6 hours spent, inspecting, sanding and then washing each piece.

Painting the chassis was also reasonably quick (although applying the washes carefully and on each side on its own to cut down on streaks/pooling was time intensive) so maybe 6 hours on the chassis plus another 8 for layering the washes)

Airbrushing the armor started in january and was very fast, probably about 14 hours total on all the airbrushing for the body heads and weapons, that includes cleaning the brush in between switching paints)

applying the base colors up to this point on top of the airbrushed armor is another 7 hours or so.

Last night I did the powerclaw and Alpha pattern head in one sitting, from black primer to base colors down over the airbrushing. That was another 8 hours or so. 

So all told:

65+ hours or thereabouts.

Archived