WH40K: Inquisitor – Martyr - New game announced

Olis

I think they are a little too hype-y, but such is the games industry these days... Gotta drive those Pre-orders and full price early access!

Are you kidding me? Have you seen your posts on DoW III? You get all fanboy white knight over it , and then accuse others of being too hype-y on this game?

Uhh...?

I'm just commenting on the nature of the games industry and the recent video that the Devs put out.... It has a LOT of promises that, from what we have seen from them so far, would be hard for even a big name studio to deliver on.

Just look at No Mans Sky, Watchdogs, Eternal Crusade etc All these promises for unreleased games are a tall order and it's always good to show a little skepticism when dealing with them.

This has nothing to do with DoW III or my views on that game thus far. Conversely, I feel that the devs of that have kept their intentions clear and pretty manageable from the start and are putting out a steady stream of development content that I personally find great. You obviously don't agree with me on that, but if I see an opposite opinion I like to understand why - especially on the forums where it's just words on a page. I may have defended Dawn of War 3 in it's thread and maybe some others, but usually only in the form of "Hey, DoW 3 isn't really related to this discussion so leave the hate out for no reason?" purely to keep the forum a positive place (something you struggle with, going by your last post...)

In short, don't call me a freakin white knight because we disagree man. Keep it civil. Don't call me out for something totally unrelated.

It certainly looks good, but I'm cautious of very ambitious games. I hope it doesn't end up like Star Wars Galaxies with multiple planets each larger than the entire game of Everquest but less content than Everquest.

• 1 month later...

I've recently been playing a little game called Hell Divers, fun little game but it's campaign system is an extremely simplified system of what Martyr promises but I think it has opened my eyes to what can be done and I think what this game is promising is entirely possible now.

Other 40k games have come and gone but I am really looking forward to Martyr and have high hopes for this now. I'm not expecting anything along the lines of a typical mmo but this could still be really good. I think the potential is there and I am eagerly awaiting it's release.

• 2 weeks later...

Having just recently started playing around with modding, in surprised any developer ever feels comfortable promising anything.

I rarely do. Most development tasks I receive involve things I've never done before. So I take a guess of how long I would expect it to take if everything went well, and then I multiply that by 3.

Hmm, I was thinking of getting the foundry pack but I'm not overly keen on paying a triple A price for a game that is extremely bare bones and then waiting for it in instalments. Hopefully this doesn't mean they are having money issues.

So far from what very limited stuffI have seen of it my enthusiasm has dropped significantly but this is just Alpha at the moment so I'm not going to be too judgemental. One thing I am hoping is that you aren't restricted to taking a specific Inquisitor type per mission like it looks right now with the two test missions. I'd like to be able to stick to one and then run any mission. I'll give it a few weeks then see how it is progressing before parting with my hard earned cash I think.

I still have hopes for the game having said that.

Well, if that trailer is anything to go by then count me in. They've definitely got the aesthetics and "feel" of 40K right. Let's hope the gameplay is up to standard. I will say, the voicework gave me a flashback to the opening sequence for the old PS1/3DO/PC(?) Space Hulk game. Well, what I saw of it on YouTube anyway.

I wonder if you get to make your own Inquisitor? I hope so, I love in-depth character creation systems.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Assuming its "decent" ill pick it up. My girlfriend loves Diablo style ARPG games, she said if this is anything like Diablo 3 on ps4 she will absolutely play it as well. 

side note; Couch co-op? is that a thing in this game or is it single player only? 

You can make a party with up to 4 players. I'm going to their Studio in May in Budapest, will sit down with the developers and ask them questions. So if anyone has anything they want to know write it here and I will take it with me :)

Archived