Deathwatch is out for iOS

JeffTibbetts

I'm also using 2xSuper Krak and my Assault Marine Fist with 50% more damage at 50% or below health and the critter is still om nom noming me.

I tried the Grav Gun but that boss critter has Bezerk or Bloodlust or whatever that gives him 6 movement points even AFTER hittting him with Grav.

It can work though, I think he's got a cooldown on that Enrage as at a few times I had it down to 2 Action Points (or whatever the A stands for!) and was able to line up a few good turns of shooting.

I did that first fight with 2 bolter, 1 HB, 1 Melee, 1 Grav, I didnt do bulk Plasma, as I keep getting the Gets Hot locking me down. :]

Finally managed to kill the first Carnifex. My original mistake was loading up with heavy weapons (Multi Melta, Las Cannon). That slowed me down greatly as it cost too many APs to fire. I switched to Grav Gun, Super Krak and all Bolters and managed to get through with just 1 defeated Marine.

How many Episodes are there Scribe?

I think I'm near the end, and I'm getting crushed right now, may need to go back and farm some XP. >.<

I've found that if you have the patience for it, the level "Burnt Bridges" is exceptional for this.

Essentially, wire both bridges to explode, then sit on permanent overwatch on the left-hand side. The game will provide you with an as of yet inexhaustible supply of gaunts to farm. My last take over an hour was an average of about 11k per marine. 

*EDIT*

Just made it to the Carnifex level. So maybe a bit of an exploit, but I just realized that I can almost kill it with just my Blood Angel Vet.

Adrenaline Rush gives him 8AP. Overloaded Plasmagun using all 8AP just did 3200 or so damage to it.

:D

I think I'm near the end, and I'm getting crushed right now, may need to go back and farm some XP. >.<

I've found that if you have the patience for it, the level "Burnt Bridges" is exceptional for this.

Essentially, wire both bridges to explode, then sit on permanent overwatch on the left-hand side. The game will provide you with an as of yet inexhaustible supply of gaunts to farm. My last take over an hour was an average of about 11k per marine.

*EDIT*

Just made it to the Carnifex level. So maybe a bit of an exploit, but I just realized that I can almost kill it with just my Blood Angel Vet.

Adrenaline Rush gives him 8AP. Overloaded Plasmagun using all 8AP just did 3200 or so damage to it.

biggrin.png

lol yes! thats awesome and would almost certainly get me through the current mission. :D

As for episodes, I'm on Act 9, level 4.

There are a few bugs in the game (including how I got to the last mission, wont spoil it) and some of the data files are messed up. I have an Ultramarine Champion level character, who think's he's a Blood Angel...

All told though, lots of fun, even if it put my ETL vow at risk!

Feel like I'm getting up to having a pretty legit team.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/909/IFfAGy.jpg

Still loving it after a dozen hours. 

The only thing I've found that bothers me is the inventory system. Regardless of what level the equipment or marine you're selling is, you only get a flat 4=][= for it. That's a little lame. 

Agreed, and yeah you've got some rocking dudes there, I'm quite jealous. :D

I've been running 2 Dev, 2 Tac, 1 Assault for most of the last several acts, but want to fit an Apothecary in somewhere. I feel you get just beat up hard as Assault, maybe if/when I get a Champ Blood Angel.

I also find that only Wolves/Ultras get team bonus, I dont really like that. :p

Unfortunately, much like the tabletop game, I feel assault marines have a really hard time of it. The one bonus I've found to using them over tactical marines is that they can riposte when an enemy takes a swipe at them. I just use mine to grab objectives since he's got 5AP and put him in front of the squishier devastator to keep melee beasts off of him.

Ah, I really wish I could find an Apothecary. 26 Card packs so far and no luck. I do have two of the level four guys though, so I suppose I can't complain. Speaking of which, it seems like an all Ultramarine squad is really the way to go. Their team boost gives a 5% to both damage and accuracy for all Ultras, where the Space Wolf one looks like it only gives a damage boost. That's, what, 25% bonus to damage and accuracy if you had a solid team of Ultras with the skill?

How do you find the devastators compared to tactical marines, Scribe? While they seem to do good damage, I feel like I have to spend so much time getting them into a good position so they can shoot more than once per turn. I'm not 100% convinced that a single heavy bolter or plasma cannon volley from a dev does more damage than two bolter or plasma gun volleys from a tactical.

Agreed, and yeah you've got some rocking dudes there, I'm quite jealous. biggrin.png

Especially the tactical genius of JULIUS MACRAGGE.

The most ultra of all the Ultramarines. biggrin.png

I like the range on the Dev's, for most of the missions I have found a good spot to put them to let them watch over the field and drop chunky Heavy Bolter goodness into things. I also find I do a ton of overwatch though, and for the most part tacticals are great.

My Vet Blood Angel (probably the same load out, I think its repeated often) is great. He's fully upgraded minus the 2 gear slots, and can just run around melta killing things, or sprinting off if needed.

Other than this last one, I dont think I failed any mission more than twice, but I'm struggling dumping enough damage into the big guy's here and may need to shake it up a bit.

I've only got 1 lvl 3 Ultra, but on the opposite side have drawn 3 bloody Ultra Apothecary. I'm thinking you are right though, and I should grind up these Ultra's to form a Blue team of Doom. 

The problem I'm running into though is that even a pretty high level I or II is nothing compared to a Rank IV Astartes since they start with very upgraded stats, then can improve them at a very reduced cost. 

I think the intention is to only use your lower ranked Astartes for as long as it takes you to randomly find higher ranked ones. Unfortunately, that leaves you with Astartes that now have next to no skills to use with their advanced stats >_<

Im getting a ton of use out of overwatch as well. Hilariously, I think fully upgraded Ultras are better at overwatching with the 30% boost in accuracy and chance to use 0AP, than they are at legitimate shooting :D

Yes thats exactly it! I use overwatch a ton (until I find a way to make a CC monster) and I'm sure they will be untouchable. Since I cant paint at work...I'll see what I can put together with Ultras :D

My full Ultra Team, all of which have the +5% hp/accuracy trait. It makes them very very hard to kill, and I almost never miss my attacks. Flamer weapons are really really good too. http://i.imgur.com/5lMVkZH.jpg

looks pretty awful on my iphone 5c though haha. But during mission I don't notice.

I plan to play through again with Blood angels once I finish the game with my ultras, curreuntly in act 9, things are pretty intense.

Nice team Metic. I haven't even seen a guy with a command mohawk yet!

I love how you have like 4 distant relatives to 40k heroes. I only had two biggrin.png

@ Scribe - Ah, you were totally right. My 8AP Plasmagun shot did indeed crit the Carnifex. I noticed a steep difference in damage when I tried it on a subsequent run-through. I think I only got around 600 damage that time. Luckily for me, my plasma cannon devastator was there to level the field!

carnifex missions, uggg. I lost 12k xp points on my apothecary and roughly 8k on each of my tacticals and assault marine on 1 mission. with only my dev living with 20% on 1 of those. Trick is to get + crit wargear and pop it all together with the glory to ultramar, something like 1000% damage on a 8ap heavy bolter marine does the trick! ;D

^ I feel you. I've got 2 Rank II, 1 Rank III and 2 Rank 4s across all three chapters. I'm slowly replacing them with Ultramarines now.

Speaking of high crit wargear, I just found my first Rank IV weapon which slots quite attractively onto my Ultra Dev biggrin.png

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/540/Qhvqrg.jpg

My best group is only 1xII, 3xIII and 1xIV. But I do have 2 spare Apothecaries oddly enough (a BA one and 2 Ultras).

19443756433_c3d43bdea6_z_d.jpg

Btw, for some reason this game reminds me of the tabletop Advanced Space Crusade, even though the latter concerns Scouts.

NICE, I don't have any rank 4 wargear yet. That never overheats perk /drool.

It's the only one I've found so far. Funnily enough, I have duplicates of a bunch of the Rank III wargear. I have FOUR "Calth's Arrow" boltguns. I'm saving them for a hilarious squad completely made up of Ultra tacticals with the Bro-fist trait :D

My best group is only 1xII, 3xIII and 1xIV. But I do have 2 spare Apothecaries oddly enough (a BA one and 2 Ultras).

Btw, for some reason this game reminds me of the tabletop Advanced Space Crusade, even though the latter concerns Scouts.

Nice Kilo! I really want a dude with a tactical mohawk now. They look awesome.

Also, I'm super curious how a squad made entirely of apothecaries would fare. Can they heal every few turns, or are they limited to once per mission like the medipack? 

Never overheats! Thats golden.

I know right? It's only Volley 3, but its not that inaccurate for a high rank weapon. I've been using the overcharge to one shot Tyrant Guard before they can hit me with Impaler cannons :D

Apothecaries are heal one Marine 50% every 5 turns.

Click on the Codex option in the main menu and you can browse Marines and Gear even if you don't have them yet.

And, I don't think that's a Mohawk, I think that's a broom on his head, lol!

Archived