Deathwatch is out for iOS

JeffTibbetts

Discovered that Black Rage actually extends the range of weapons.

Your Blood Angel fires at EVERYTHING within LoS Friend or Foe.  So I put mine in a blind spot on the Bridge level, I start getting swarmed so I click Black Rage and kill everything close by but then he continues taking potshots across the screen and well out of range of melta.  Don't know if it is intentional or a bug but coupled with the 20% of getting AP back for every enemy killed it has potential for lots of laughs.

I bought it last week and the latest patch had chuffed it. Won't even load at all - I haven't checked the iPad for an update yet but it annoyed me a fair bit and now it's on sale?! ARGH! 

(I still really want to play it though)

Picked this up last night. Cheapest fun I've had in a while and my wife's mad because she can't have her iPad back.

Question on xp, what should I spend it on first? Seems like the abilities are more beneficial than base stats.

^ Abilities do tend to be more valuable, but I'd suggest at least spending enough XP for a couple of levels (they're really cheap to begin with) to upgrade your marine's accuracy by 6% or so. Nothing is more frustrating than missing several shots in a row.  

And if you get the marines, I'm of the opinion that Ultras with Battle Bro's are far easier to play through with. Angels may be very potent individually (lvl 3 vet tac with the BA Bolter shreds on Vet, while the lvl 4 Sternguard with BA Melta hits for 200 which seems to be sufficient on Heroic) but you can really abuse Battle Bros to skew your stats without penalty. 

That's a really good point... It feels like no matter what awesome skills you build up, a full squad of Ultras can do that *and* get +25% to accuracy and max health :p

I haven't gotten to Heroic difficulty yet though, so maybe a full squad of Wolves would perform better against 400hp Gaunts?

My started hanging every time Durimg the enemy turn. Even if I close out and reload it still hung in the same place. So I thought I'd delete it and reinstall (thinking the save data was in a cloud like some other games). And I had to start from scratch. No biggy, I was stuck farming experience anyway. 2nd card I get a level 4 wolf.

I got a sang priest, so I've got the 'best' BA squad I think now, I'll have to check if there is a lvl 3 I need.

I'm going to try and make the Sanguinary priest into a tank, not he will hold up but will see.

• 2 months later...
I've been farming the early levels to build up some tough squads. I have now received nine consecutive "scythe of ultramar" heavy bolters, followed by six consecutive "saga of the iron wolf" purity seals. That's got to be a bug in the RNG surely?

With the game now out for PC, I should be picking it up soon. How intensive are the graphics? Could I play it on a seven year old laptop?

I have a gaming PC too, just wondering if I can put it on the laptop as well.

I dunno, my laptops only a couple of years old and though the game plays the loading screens seem to take forever. Maybe that's just a feature of the game, I've nothing to compare my experience with.

Quite enjoying it so far, it's not particularly taxing and the need to seriously grind to keep levelling up your marines can be a bit tedious, but all in all I'm happy to have purchased it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the game too.

I think I found a way to level up like a madman, yesterday. In the second mission in the third campaign -the one where you need to blow up two bridges- after you set the two bombs, I set up my assault guy and my Heavy Bolter dude on the bank to the left, to hold off all the hormagounts coming from the upper bridge and the upper left bank, my two bolter tacticals held off the critters coming from the lower left corner with overwatch, while my plasma gunner held off everything that came over the lower bridge from the right bank. I started holding off everything easily, so decided to stick around for a couple of rounds and not complete the mission asap. I ended up sticking around for about an hour of play, and all my guys had around 12,000xp! I did the mission in the same style today and again: 1000s of easy points.... Missions yield a piece of wargear too every time you complete them for second or third times.

Archived