The Liber Challenges - Part Five - Daemon Warbands

Aqui

The ritual was met with some apprehension. Whilst such things, needs be, existed within the halls of theLiber Astartes, most Liberites did not truck with such Heretical knowledge. Three members of the Mournival of the Liber watched the fourth warily. The last few months had put a significant amount of pressure upon him and it was starting to show. The Moderatii was twitching, occasionally muttering to himself, a different voice decrying the very thing he was trying to complete.

"We really need to get him to go to counselling." Whispered Olis.

"No, I think that we really need to get him to pull himself together. I mean
Daemons?! Seriously? Doesn't anyone else have a problem with this?"

"Conn. You
know that if we are serious about cataloguing every entry in these hallowed Halls, it needs to be done."

"Ly, I understand the reason. I'm simply questioning the method..."

"I'm questioning why we need to clarify our work...No! I'm talking!"

"Brother, are you nearly complete? The last time we had this many candles, Brother Tyler and Kurgan nearly revoked our budget..."

Aquilanus turned to his Brothers.

"We have a budget?!"

The three couldn't quite look him in the eye at this.

"Ahem...well, what can we do to help." Olis tried to divert the conversation away from that sore point and hid his brand new Calliver behind his back.

"The procedure is complete. However, we think that something has gone....WHO DARES SUMMON US?!"

The three pushed themselves as far back towards the wall as they could. Aquilanus had gone. Not with a puff of smoke, not with a bang...not even a whimper. He just wasn't there. In his place was something that looked worse than something that came out of an Ork's nose. It had eyes where there was no need for them...and that wasn't the worst thing either...

"Where is he?!" Snarled Conn, despite the creature had grown so huge that its head was scraping the considerably high ceiling.

A snuffling noise that could conceivably be laughter emanated from a truly alien throat.

"I WOULD WORRY ABOUT WHERE YOU ARE GOING!"

What?

Without any arcane effect at all, the remaining members of the Liber Moderatii disappeared as well, replaced with beings that made reality scream in horror at their existence...

Welcome to the FIFTH Liber Challenge!

Like the ones that precede this one, a vow must be made to indicate interest:

I [insert forum name], vow to create a Daemon Warband, by 17 August 2015 at 18:00pm GMT. This I vow to [insert Chaos God], or spend an eternity as a Spawn!

The entry must have:

Warband Leader's name, origins, ultimate aim (if applicable)

Notable members of Warband

Notable battles or conflicts joined

Any other information of interest

The banners that denote your vows to put in your signature or "About me" page:

gallery_48988_6285_39456.png

gallery_48988_6285_10303.png

The Boons should you succeed:

gallery_48988_6285_6412.pnggallery_48988_6285_4695.pnggallery_48988_6285_4440.pnggallery_48988_6285_5501.pnggallery_48988_6285_5121.pnggallery_48988_6285_3838.pnggallery_48988_6285_3966.png

The one stipulation is: The Warband must be devoted to ONE God, no Pantheon-centric ones unfortunately.

Good luck! The Gods will ensure that you will need it! devil.gif

The list of Vows:

Aquilanus - Praevaricatrix Soror COMPLETE!
Brother SP - The Binder of Truths
Conn Eremon - The Antecruorian COMPLETE!
Dizzyeye
Grand Master Belial - The followers of Murv'hee COMPLETE!
Knurd - The Ethereal Swarm COMPLETE!
Lord Thørn - Bloodsteam Warmongers
Olis
TDF - The Maceran Fellowship
Teetengee - The Thought stealer Plague
Uveron - The Cohort of Bloodied Brass

I Aquilanus, vow to create a Daemon Warband, by 17 August 2015 at 18:00pm GMT. This I vow to Slaanesh - She Who Thirsts, or spend an eternity as a Spawn!

cry.gif I don't do Daemons...well, until Creature Caster deliver that is. Though creating them could be fun.

This is a written challenge, Brother, so anything that She who Thirsts deigns to inspire you with should be interesting msn-wink.giflaugh.png

I, Conn Eremon, vow to delve into the depths of the Immaterium, into that which even the Gods have forgotten, to chronicle the fall and possible return of a forgotten legion of Khorne.

cry.gif I don't do Daemons...well, until Creature Caster deliver that is. Though creating them could be fun.

This is a written challenge, Brother, so anything that She who Thirsts deigns to inspire you with should be interesting msn-wink.giflaugh.png

Would mean using the Realms of Chaos name generator too...tempting.

Would mean using the Realms of Chaos name generator too...tempting.

Oooo! I hadn't thought of that! wub.png

I, Olis, vow to catalogue a rogue band of bismuth daemons, they who are Tzeentch's own scalp scratchings, by 17 August 2015 at 18:00pm GMT. This I vow to the foul god Tzeentch, Changer of Ways and the Chess Master of Fate, he whom I'm currently scrubbing his Amazon Prime Day granny panties for my sins, or spend an eternity as a Spawn!

I, Olis, vow to catalogue a rogue band of bismuth daemons, they who are Tzeentch's own scalp scratchings, by 17 August 2015 at 18:00pm GMT. This I vow to the foul god Tzeentch, Changer of Ways and the Chess Master of Fate, he whom I'm currently scrubbing his Amazon Prime Day granny panties for my sins, or spend an eternity as a Spawn!

blink.png

Erm...vow accepted! laugh.png

I don't know where you guys went but I ended up in the laundry room. ph34r.png

That's what you think...The truth is far worse ph34r.png

I don't know where you guys went but I ended up in the laundry room. ph34r.png

That's what you think...The truth is far worse ph34r.png

Oh...it's worse :tu:

Can we vow for the fifth god Malial?

Who? msn-wink.gif

If you feel that you can handle the loathing Malal has (both of itself and the other big Four), then I suppose so... laugh.png

I Brother SP vow to, when I get released from the B&C Apothecarion, write the details of the Binder of Truths, Aletheia, and the daemons sworn to her great glory.  This I swear to the bountiful voluptuous Mother Slaanesh. May I wear eternal glory in the name of She Who Thirsts, may failure mean She eats my soul like some much Eldar soul flavoured popping candy.

EDIT: Disappointed that I just had to change the name of my Keeper of Secrets as the middle of it was being picked up as swearing by the swear filter and changed.  Sadly enough I didn't notice it had done it about four times in my Brotherhood of Angels entry...

Urm, I don't really know how I'd go about this... Someone asked about Malal. Would it also be possible to use other Minor Chaos Gods (either from Warhammer Battle (may it rest in peace) or of our own creation) ? I know that this would entail many complications in creating the appearance of these daemons, and I don't even know if I'd go down this path, I'm just interested in knowing...

FYI, the god I'd really been thinking of was Hashût, he of the Big Hat Dwarves tongue.png

Urm, I don't really know how I'd go about this... Someone asked about Malal. Would it also be possible to use other Minor Chaos Gods (either from Warhammer Battle (may it rest in peace) or of our own creation) ? I know that this would entail many complications in creating the appearance of these daemons, and I don't even know if I'd go down this path, I'm just interested in knowing...

FYI, the god I'd really been thinking of was Hashût, he of the Big Hat Dwarves tongue.png

DO IT!!!

If we can use Gods of our own creation there is something else I have been working on.

I can't see why not smile.png Whilst images are desirable, in cases such as this a detailed written description will be needed so that the reader can understand what they look like.

There is a huge amount of possibilities that can go in here, including a swathe of daemonic entities that are worshiped as gods in their own right. Hell, we even have Imperial daemons, born of an alchemical detonation where the burning light of the Emperor forever fights a war of sterilization across the fringes of Warp-flooded space.

Archived