IL XIII - The Eagle Warriors

AlphariusOmegon108

....:cuss???? Your father a billionare? Where did you get all the figures?

I often ask him the same question....

Ebay. Ebay and smart shopping my friends. All it takes is patience and waiting for good deals. I come from quiete a poor family, so I have been thought to buy and shop as smart as possible ;)

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Alexos 455 pts on foot.

Ws7 bs5 s6 t6 w6 I7 A4 ld10 sv2+/4++

wargear:

The Obsidian Tora spear (shooting: R12" S8 Ap1 lance, one use/ combat: R.- S+2 Ap2, two handed, when two or more wounds are dealt with this weapon in one phase on the same model, that model counts as being blinded)

Artificer armor

iron halo

Nactherium

A-type drugs

Psyker (lvl 2): only can know spells of biomancy

bolt pistol

special rules:

Primarch

Furious charge

Hit and run

The aztecian: All jetbike units become non-compulsory troops. all models within 12" may use his LD for all tests they may get. He may give D3 units in his army the hit and run special rule

Gene builder: All Kaskuta, Eagle Warriors or Jaguar Toa units may purchase the flesh change special rule when Alexos is taken in the army for 35 pts per unit. (Flesh change:+1s, +1T, +1A, -1Ld, -2bs)

May buy: A jetbike with two flasma fusils for 45 pts (Alexos then also gains 1T and becomes a jetbike unit)

OR

Galrauchii: +275 pts

Ws:6 bs:1 S8 T8 W6 A5 I6 Ld- (alexosses) sv: 2+

wargear:

claws (counts as two power fists, may strike on normal I the turn the beast charges)

2 heavy flamers

Plasma cannon

Special rules:

Rage

Rampage

character

steed

relentless

furious charge

beast

monstrous creature

Galrauchii attacks apart from Alexos, if Galrauchii dies, Alexos loses one wound, representing him falling of. When firing at this model. choose if you shoot at Alexos or Galrauchii. They are allowed to die apart from each other)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was reading back through the Primarchs this morning and decided to make some more comments on them. As I haven't said anything about Alexos he was first in the firing line ;)

• The first thing is to ask whether he has to be a biomancer? I know it is the best fit, but it means that he can suddenly go off the charts insane in power level relative to his brothers with one casting of Iron Arm or Warp Speed.
  • Next I like the jetbike option, but why does it have 2 plasma fusils? He can still only ever fire 1 of them as he isn't a monstous creature.
  • His Tora spear. Does the blind effect come into play after ionflicting 2 unsaved wounds? Or simply if he successfully wounds twice in one combat phase? The wording is a little ambivalent, but if you intended the second then I would contend that he will beat every Primarch simply due to being able to perpetually blind them.
  • The combat drugs. I know they are only activated on a 4+, but with them he has a 50% chance of getting 6 S9 attacks at I8. Which means he has a really good chance of inflicting the blind effect on an enemy Primarch and practically removing them from the fight for 2 rounds. Also he can hit and run out of combat to have another go if it doesn't work the first time. And this isn't factoring the potential to get warp time for +3A and I, which would be a Primarch shattering 9 S9 attacks at I10! Practically a guarantee of blinding his opponent and thus being able to stomp on his face unopposed for a turn.
  • I would suggest dropping his Initiative by 1 and removing either furious charge or hit and run. That way he is either able to jump in and out of combat when he likes, or he inflicts massive damage in a devestating charge. Rather than both as he can now. Plus then the potential +1I from the combat drugs makes him faster than average, but not as fast as the quickest Primarch (Fulgrim).
  • Galrauchii. Is this really needed? First off does it need power-fist claws it is already S8 with smash if needed. Also they would always strike at Initiative anyway due to unwieldy not affecting Monstrous Creatures. Also the combination of rules on this thing mean it will rip apart anything to comes into contact with including a Primarch. On a charge it gets 7 S10 attacks at I6, plus 1-3 more if it is outnumbered. The only thing missing to make this completely unkillable is Eternal Warrior and IWND. I know it costs nearly 300 points, but I wonder if there is anything I could bring for 300 points that would have even half a chance against this. The closest I can come up with off the top of my head is a Lascannon heavy weapon team, but they would only have 1-2 turns of shooting at this thing before it has them in combat due to it's beast rule, which is unlikely to do more than irritate it.
  • If Galrauchii is a ridden creature then so far the 40k rules seem to go for a combined statline approach. So instead of having a second creature to look after go with stat increases and possible additional rules. For example Galrauchii gives Alexos: +1S, +1T, +2W, +2A as well as the Beast unit type and the rage/rampage special rule. This would then be around a 150 point upgrade for Alexos (maybe) taking him firmly into the daemon primarch region and far beyond his peers in both stats and points.

Not really going to comment on the Gene-builder rule at the moment. Will save that for when I have time to consider the legion as a whole, rules, units and all.

You brought some good points up, I will lower Alexosses I by one and remove the jetbike option as a whole (No way I'll ever play him that way haha), I will remove the blind rule on his weapon and give it armorbane instead, its supposed to actually slice through armor

I will also remove furious charge, but keel his biomancy table, its the only thing that makes him able to really stand up against his.brothers without reallllly having to pay another 300 pts for Galrauchii.

The things you brought up with Galrauchii are intresting. I will have a look at that.

So, how about this:

Alexos 445 pts on foot.

Ws7 bs5 s6 t6 w6 I6 A4 ld10 sv2+/4++

wargear:

The Obsidian Tora spear (shooting: R12" S8 Ap1 lance, one use/ combat: R.- S+1 Ap2, two handed, lance)

Artificer armor

iron halo

Nactherium

A-type drugs

Psyker (lvl 2): only can know up to two spells of biomancy (Does not benefit from psychic focus)

bolt pistol

special rules:

Primarch

Hit and run

The aztecian: All jetbike units become non-compulsory troops. all models within 12" may use his LD for all tests they may get. He may give D3 units in his army the hit and run special rule

Gene builder: All Kaskuta, Eagle Warriors or Jaguar Toa units may purchase the flesh change special rule when Alexos is taken in the army for 35 pts per unit. (Flesh change:+1s, +1T, +1A, -1Ld, -2bs)

May buy:

Start of mutations for 55 pts: (Gains: +1W, +1s, +1ws, loses: bolt pistol, nactherium, and 1LD)

OR

Galrauchii: +200 pts

Alexos gains: +1S, +1T, +1W, +2A as well as the Beast unit type and the rage special rule

Hi. While this is not a problem (this is Horus Heresy/Icarion Insurection after all, not "real" history), I can't see where the influence of having lots of jetbikes comes form. Since you call the rule "the aztecian" it implies that the influence comes from aztec or east indian culture, but I've never known either to be well known for their (horse) cavalry: I mean, the aztecs didn't even have horses!

Hi. While this is not a problem (this is Horus Heresy/Icarion Insurection after all, not "real" history), I can't see where the influence of having lots of jetbikes comes form. Since you call the rule "the aztecian" it implies that the influence comes from aztec or east indian culture, but I've never known either to be well known for their (horse) cavalry: I mean, the aztecs didn't even have horses!

While yes, what you say is true, I base my legion on the whole middle and south continent of ancient America, so that also includes the indians. I just use alot of aztecian terminology, as their culture is mostly build upon the aztec culture. But the warfare styles are from all across of the American continent (My legion mostly is build for ground troops, jetbikes are just a thing Alexos really encourages.)

Also, Aztec was mostly centred about their warfare, but also, technology. They invented alot of stuff on their own. And nothing says "technology" like floating jetbikes with machineguns :D

While yes, what you say is true, I base my legion on the whole middle and south continent of ancient America, so that also includes the indians. I just use alot of aztecian terminology, as their culture is mostly build upon the aztec culture. But the warfare styles are from all across of the American continent (My legion mostly is build for ground troops, jetbikes are just a thing Alexos really encourages.)

Also, Aztec was mostly centred about their warfare, but also, technology. They invented alot of stuff on their own. And nothing says "technology" like floating jetbikes with machineguns :biggrin.:

...which indians ?

To me jetbike sounds more like cavalry then technology. Technology would be advanced tanks or robots for me. But of course that's personal opinion :tongue.:

EDIT: Those a really nice models !

Edited by Lord Thørn

so eh... Hi I am Alex, I am addicted to resin and plastic models that I wanna use for my eagle warriors legion with solar auxilia allies represented by my Krieg models because Krieg models are just too awesome

Close up pics coming soon, some units still arent finished, they need extra guys. But ALL the models (Except the banner) are finished that are in this pic :D

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150823_164440_zpsco4zprgt.jpghttp://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150823_164515_zpsyrr71jvk.jpghttp://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150823_164554_zpszq5rrxak.jpg

Enjoy!!!

So... Deamon primarch and Alexos on galrauchii anyone?

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150825_221650_zpso3vvdmxi.jpg

Little marine just for scale reference :D

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150825_221703_zpswv4spesn.jpg

Le deamon Alexos

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150825_221725_zpscw2nq4b9.jpgLe semi-mutated Alexos on Galrauchii steed

Thats right. I now have all three version of Alexos. His 'loyal'-on foot one, his mounted one, and his deamon version.

thoughts welcome!

well, one hand is really... "clawy"... and the other more... "Greeblie", and I just enjoy it like this more :D

A huge part of his "skin" shall be painted like armor, so do not worry, I have some tricks up my sleeve ;)

The one from Alexos on his steed? I did that with airbrush and masking tape :D After airbrushing the gradients, I painted small lines that were like small cut damages and stuff. Try to keep it as clean as possible with sharp lines, it really adds to the effect ;)