Keep in mind all this is still (semi) WIP and any advice is much appreciated
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=F7DE1B&bpj=F7DE1B&bp=F7DE1B&bpc=F7DE1B&hdt=FFFFFF&hdm=FFFFFF&hdl=FFFFFF&ey=DE2121&er=FFFFFF&pi=FFFFFF&nk=FFFFFF&ch=FFFFFF&eg=F7DE1B&sk=F7DE1B&abs=FFFFFF&bt=F7DE1B&cod=FFFFFF&ull=FFFFFF&lk=F7DE1B&lll=FFFFFF&lft=FFFFFF&url=FFFFFF&rk=F7DE1B&lrl=FFFFFF&rft=FFFFFF&slt=F7DE1B&sli=FFFFFF&srt=F7DE1B&sri=FFFFFF&ula=FFFFFF&lel=FFFFFF&lla=FFFFFF&lw=FFFFFF&lh=F7DE1B&ura=FFFFFF&rel=FFFFFF&rla=FFFFFF&rw=FFFFFF&rh=F7DE1B&bg=ADAAAA&rb=ADAAAA&gr=ADAAAA&wg=true&laurel=true&jmp=F7DE1B&jmph=ADAAAA&slips=CC0000&pws=true&/spacemarine.jpghttp://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=F7DE1B&bpj=F7DE1B&bp=F7DE1B&bpc=F7DE1B&hdt=FFFFFF&hdm=FFFFFF&hdl=FFFFFF&ey=DE2121&er=FFFFFF&pi=FFFFFF&nk=FFFFFF&ch=FFFFFF&eg=F7DE1B&sk=F7DE1B&abs=FFFFFF&bt=F7DE1B&cod=FFFFFF&ull=FFFFFF&lk=F7DE1B&lll=FFFFFF&lft=FFFFFF&url=FFFFFF&rk=F7DE1B&lrl=FFFFFF&rft=FFFFFF&slt=F7DE1B&sli=FFFFFF&srt=F7DE1B&sri=FFFFFF&ula=FFFFFF&lel=FFFFFF&lla=FFFFFF&lw=FFFFFF&lh=F7DE1B&ura=FFFFFF&rel=FFFFFF&rla=FFFFFF&rw=FFFFFF&rh=F7DE1B&bg=ADAAAA&rb=ADAAAA&gr=ADAAAA&wg=true&bpr=FFFFFF&cs=F0DC26&pws=true&/spacemarine.jpggallery_85501_11166_19343.jpg

The Archangels are a successor chapter of blood angels. They were created during the 4th founding though until now many records of them had been lost due to thier isolation in the northern fringe. They believe that to truly follow the path of Sanguinus and the Emperor is by cleansing the black rage from their ranks. They do this with prayers and ritualistic executions of those suffering the Black Rage. As such the Archangels don't field a death company and look down upon other Blood Angels chapters that do. The Archangels remained mostly unknown to the Imperium because they wished to distance themselves from their erstwhile kin. They live on a remote fortress monastery known as The Angels Eyre. They oversee the . To the people living on the planets of the Angelus system they are revered saviours. Literal angels from the heavens. The people believe when you die you go to join them up in their floating castle. The original members of the Archangels were all drawn from the Blood Angles 1st company (the Archangels) and thus they were named. The Archangels love the thrill of riding through the air on jump packs and so they have more Vanguard Veterans than other chapters, on top of that The Archangels seem to have a very high amount of Sanguinary Guard jump packs much to the envy of other Blood Angels chapters. As such it is not uncommon to see Vanguard Veterans or even Assault Marines to ride the air on winged jump packs. The Archangels vary rarely use bikes however and are very arrogant, even by Astartes standards, this means that along with their self-imposed isolation they are a difficult force to work with for most members of the Imperium. They seem to have a special dislike for their human counterparts namely the Astra Millatrum and the PDFs (though it should be noted that they also have a high disliking for most inquisitors, Radical Inquisitors in particular)

Angelus System

In the Del'taar Sector there lies a system known as the Angelus System, this is where the Archangels have made their home. Orbiting the maiden world Gelarys the Archangels live on a fortress monastery known as The Angels Eyre From here they oversee the System and by extension the sector with only a very loose command, preferring to leave the unsavoury task of commanding humans to other humans. Their are 3 other planets in the system, all 3 of them are at imperial tech standards and are classified as hive worlds. The Third and largest is designated Icurai and it also serves as a munifactorum for the Chapter. The other 2 Skaa'ra and Kalypo are simple hive worlds. They Archangels make a point of only accepting initiates from Gelarys, which whilst meaning they have quite low initiate intakes, provides a way to make sure the initiates are 'pure'

Combat Doctrine

The Archangel's combat doctrine involves a rapid insertion into the foe utilising a large array of Assault Squads. The standard operation procedure is to have an array of Stormravens (and for large scale deployments Thunderhawks) to enter the battlefield coming in hot, performing a strafing run as winged or jump pack wearing Assault Squads jump out mid flight. Stormravens then land and drop off any dreadnoughts held in their clamps before staying in the battle zone strafing it ahead of the Archangels Advance

Death Company

The Archangels have an unwavering revulsion for those fallen to the black rage. Anyone succumbing to the black rage will generally be killed on the spot by Executor-Chaplains. This leads to scenarios when, on the eve of battle brothers that fall to the black rage are killed leaving the Archangels army undermanned and underpowered for their objective. Despite that the Archangels show no sign of stopping with this practice.

Attitude to the Red Thirst

As the dual part of The Flaw, the Red Thirst is an issue all sons of Sanginius must face. The Archangels deal with this is an similar way that they deal with the Black Rage, through prayer and ancient rituals, Battle brothers are taught to harness the Red Thirst to drive them in battle but they are also taught to not fall to it. An Archangel that allows the Red Thirst to take over and drinks blood will be executed in the same way as one who had fallen to the Black Rage. The only blood related ritual allowed by the Archangels is the Insanguination ritual. Even the blooding of weapons, that many other Blood Angels chapters carry out is forbidden. As for Insanguination the Archangels believe that it is part of what creates the flaw and so strive to find a better way to insert their gene-seed into recruits.

Archangels Organisation

Organised like their progenitors the Archangels are mostly codex adherent though they like all other Blood Angels Successors have Furisio Dreadnaughts and Luscious Pattern engines. The main difference between the Archangels and other Blood Angels chapters is that the blood angels have a near complete absence of bikes, and a massive amount of assault squads. They also have an extra chaplain rank, the Executor-Chaplain, these chaplains are responsible for the killing of any battle brother that succumbs to either the red thirst or the black rage.

The 6th Company

Due to the actions of Allesandro, the 6th company was both undermanned and disgraced. Arquiel immediately ordered a penitent crusade for the 6th to take, they were to leave the Angelus system for a time until they had judged themselves worthy of rejoining their brothers. At this time though the Grail Wardens were betrayed and the Grail they so jealously guarded was taken. Heeding the calls of allegiance Araquiel changed the mission of the 6th, they were to be raised back to full strength and then sent on the quest for the grail, never to return unless they, or another member of the Fraterni Sanguis discovered the lost grail. The 6th adorn themselves with both grail imagery, but also with the crosses most commonly associated with the death company. These crosses shall only be removed once the 6th company proves itself worthy of rejoining the chapter

Battle Cries

The Archangels battle cries are all called out in native Gelaryian

Is Edited by EesiOh

Well, this is definitely a good start. I'll give an in-depth commentary later on but for the moment, I think you have to concentrate on a reason why they dislike the Black Rage so much, and how they came about the idea of flat out kiling them rather than creating a Death Company. Another thing is how do they manage to keep their numbers high enough, knowing that, without the Death Company they will have higher rates of attrition + they supposedly have relatively few initiates.

Also, you have to reword the passages where you say all the original members of the Archangels came from the first company of the Blood Angels: perhaps the Founding officers were (this seems logical), but not all battle brothers were, they were newly created for the fledgling chapter (that's how a chapter founding works usually).

Well, this is definitely a good start. I'll give an in-depth commentary later on but for the moment, I think you have to concentrate on a reason why they dislike the Black Rage so much, and how they came about the idea of flat out kiling them rather than creating a Death Company. Another thing is how do they manage to keep their numbers high enough, knowing that, without the Death Company they will have higher rates of attrition + they supposedly have relatively few initiates.

Also, you have to reword the passages where you say all the original members of the Archangels came from the first company of the Blood Angels: perhaps the Founding officers were (this seems logical), but not all battle brothers were, they were newly created for the fledgling chapter (that's how a chapter founding works usually).

Ok I will do all this tomorrow. Your right the founding bit needs rewording, and as for the initiates im still thinking a way around it. I dont want to have to resort to 'they have less black rage' but we will see, and yeah I need to flesh out the whole Red Thirst Black Rage, plus how its contained and controlled 

Not a bad colour scheme, if probably somewhat fiddly to implement on a model. Let's address one issue for the moment - the records. You say many of their records have been lost because they are on the northern rim. I find this a bit vague, personally, and would prefer a concrete reason. Could it be that the Chapter has had to migrate from one homeworld to another? Perhaps a civil war within the Chapter had unintended consequences? Or maybe they have deliberately sealed the archives, and if so, why? 

Not a bad colour scheme, if probably somewhat fiddly to implement on a model. Let's address one issue for the moment - the records. You say many of their records have been lost because they are on the northern rim. I find this a bit vague, personally, and would prefer a concrete reason. Could it be that the Chapter has had to migrate from one homeworld to another? Perhaps a civil war within the Chapter had unintended consequences? Or maybe they have deliberately sealed the archives, and if so, why? 

you may of simply misread that, it says more specifically that it is due to their isolation in the northern rim, meaning that they had been undergoing a period of glorious isolation. They are only becoming more open now. And yes some of the 'missing' records are a little more than missing (I need to go into a lot more detail about that but eventually im setting these guys up to be a bunch of shady mofos) 

• 2 weeks later...

Im underway with an assault style chapter but now i think I'll just copy yours ;)

Jet packs out of a stormraven... now THAT'S a rush.

You might consider expanding on how theyre trying to de-rage themselves. This seems to be a motivation for their location, isolation, rituals etc.

Edited by paulJam

Im underway with an assault style chapter but now i think I'll just copy yours :wink:

Jet packs out of a stormraven... now THAT'S a rush.

You might consider expanding on how theyre trying to de-rage themselves. This seems to be a motivation for their location, isolation, rituals etc.

like I said this entire page is a mess, and ty for the copy ;) I 100% approve. In about 5 weeks from today it's my school holidays so i will spent a lot of time then fixing and changing everything. Though i may add minor edits here and their. but thanks for the support man, always nice to hear people dont think your crazy hehe

You could have it that this Chapter is the result of a philosophical disagreement in the early days within the Blood Angels on how to handle the Black Rage. Those senior Blood Angels who disagreed with the foundation of the Death Company and saw it as dishonourable to use them as Berserks could have been a vocal minority within the higher echelons of the Blood Angels, and when the 4th Founding began they were given the option to leave and apply their preferred methods of dealing with the Black Rage within their own Chapter, rather than continuing to cause disharmony within the Blood Angels.

The higher rate of attrition really isn't the case - the Death Company die fairly quickly on the battlefield, and their progenoids are reclaimed. If anything the progenoids of the Archangels who fall to the Black Rage will be more easily recovered (unless they refuse to use them for puritanical reasons, as they see the Black Rage as a taint).

You could have it that this Chapter is the result of a philosophical disagreement in the early days within the Blood Angels on how to handle the Black Rage. Those senior Blood Angels who disagreed with the foundation of the Death Company and saw it as dishonourable to use them as Berserks could have been a vocal minority within the higher echelons of the Blood Angels, and when the 4th Founding began they were given the option to leave and apply their preferred methods of dealing with the Black Rage within their own Chapter, rather than continuing to cause disharmony within the Blood Angels.

The higher rate of attrition really isn't the case - the Death Company die fairly quickly on the battlefield, and their progenoids are reclaimed. If anything the progenoids of the Archangels who fall to the Black Rage will be more easily recovered (unless they refuse to use them for puritanical reasons, as they see the Black Rage as a taint).

That is essentially the theme I'm going for. I'm thinking of making the first chapter master a BA Chaplain who was more concerned with by the book, and in his book, berserk bloody thirsty FoF killing nukes is a terrible idea. I want a lot of Archangel beleifs to be their own kind of Dogma in relation to why the Black Rage/Red Thirst exist (IE: they think the emperor is punishing them for.. idk something, ill wornk something out) but as i said, all major updates will have to wait 5 weeks or so. 

• 3 weeks later...

You need to clean up the right-hand Marine image above. You've got both the Chainsword and Power Sword toggles from the painter on.

good spot, completely missed it lol. I'll fix it up when I fix everything else 

the Executor-Chaplain, these chaplains are responsible for the killing of any battle brother that succumbs to either the red thirst or the black rage.

Why make that an extra rank? In the Blood Angels the primary role of chaplains is to watch for the Black Rage and take care of the Death Company. Since you don't have to take care of them, your chaplains (already watching for them) can just execute them. Unless that is what you mean.

Also, you don't have to make it an unnatural revulsion or anything like that. Sanguinius originally killed anyone that fell to the Red Thirst. So you can use the, "If Sanguinius didn't want to use them, we don't want to use them!" line.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...