How do you paint marble ?

Hi guys I'm painting my space hulk bits and I was wondering how you paint marble

As I'm looking at painting a marble throne for the dead angel

Hope the community can help

Fingers crossed from a bad painter

Daemon wolf

Funny, I was about to post requesting a tutorial on how to paint marble as well :)

My purpose is slightly different though as I'm planning to use it to paint the scenic base of Guilliman. Anyone knows what colours to use to get the same effect that fw has used in the pics below?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ROBOUTE_GUILLIMAN.html

There are several different ways to paint marble. Depending on the size of the piece in question, your brushes will need to be switched-out. This will only be for white but feel free to change the colours for different stone. Here we go:

Celestra Grey base- make sure this goes over a dry black undercoat and that the paint is the consistency of milk when applied

Ulthuan Grey layer- the paint should be the same consistency as previous and applied over the Celestra Grey when it is fully dry

White Scar layer- repeat the above (milky paint over dry previous layer)

White Scar lines- when the previous White Scar paint is applied, there will be dots left over. Connect these dots using waving, jagged, natural lines (look at a piece of marble for inspiration)

Agrax Earthshade shade- apply to any indentation or detail

'Ard Coat (or similar Gloss Varnish)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a pic on my iPad that shows step by step how to paint marble. Any color. But I don't know how to share it... :(

Edit: I uploaded it to my gallery, it's still a little blurry, but I think you can get the gist of it. Here's the link:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/167115-marble-tutorial/

Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

Archived