What would you buy?

So guys,

I recently had a very happy suprise, and now have some money to spend on this hobby again! I have already assembled quiete a large force of infantry models (40 breachers and 20 tacticals, 30 velatri stormers and 40 lasfire guys)

But I have only two tanks in my army! (Apart from 4 contemtors), I have a las vindi and a normal vindicator.

What would YOU buy for a army like that if you had 400 pound to spend? (I WILL also buy a mastodon when it comes out, but thats outside of the 400 pounds)

Let me know what you guys think! Would love to hear some ideas :D

Greetz,

-Alex

How do you feel about CHOOM?

Cuz a Glaive is a great centerpice model...

As is a Spartan... Or two...

If you mainly want tanks, take you're pick, hard to go wrong with the awesome ones we have available.

hmmm, ... tbh, i would buy something special, not something basic, wait for the basic stuff a few months ;)

if you want something imperial, but really cool and different, what's with a Warhound Titan? Or some Knights?

if you want to stick with Marines, a Thunderhawk would be 411 pounds, or some Caestus Assault Rams? or a Glaive and some Sicarans?^^

It's a good question, but a lot of the answers are dependant on what else you have, and whether you want to ceate a concentrated force or whether you're going for something random.

If you're looking for something to support your existing marines, then I would say large transports - maybe a Spartan, or a Storm Eagle (depending on HQ choices, Rites of War, etc). Or you could go center-piece and go for a Super-Heavy, like a Glaive or a Falchion. Persoanlly in your shoes I would wait a couple of months for the Mastadon that was previewed at the Open Day a couple of weeks ago.

hmmm, ... tbh, i would buy something special, not something basic, wait for the basic stuff a few months msn-wink.gif

...THE LADY OF RUMOR TOWER LET'S DOWN HER LONG HAIR OF WHISPERS. REJOICE!

Please confirm mk3 for me so I can stop going crazy. Please? Please?!?

As for your centerpiece, Glave/ Fellblade is certainly quality, as is the Thunderhawk... Which legion are you running? Because if it's fists, you could get the Hawk and Run it as:

Rogal Dorn's customised Thunderhawk Gunship, the Aetos Dios. This ship has Turbo Laser as standard, plus a single Void Shield to protect it, it also has It Will Not Die so can regenerate some of it's hull points and finally it ALSO has a 4+ invulnerable save against missiles, all on top of being a flyer which means you can only snap-shot at it, all for the bargain cost of 600 points - which is actually 320 points CHEAPER than a normal Legion Thunderhawk with a Turbo-Laser. Oh and it doesn't take up your lord of war slot (but Dorn is... :P)

Im running my second legion, so fast moving machines with lots of pew pew (so not toooo much choom)

I dont wanna do a thunderhawk (I.. I.. I cant even explain how much I hate it) and the glaive.. Meh.. I mean if I do a mastodon as well, I will have no lords of war slots left for a glaive

so guys, how about the following: I buy two stormfangs, and convert them into two stormeagles

then buy two sicarian, a landraider of sorts AND a Typhon (I dislike spartans)

then later when the mastodon comes out I'll buy that as well

then buy two sicarian

Not trying to be too much of a Grammar Knight here, but in the interest of proper tags on your threads should someone search for a specific model or vehicle, it's sicaran with only one i.

Your shopping list sounds good, but I'm not sure how you'd convert Stormfangs into Storm Eagles.

Archived