Do Citadel Glazes mix?

You can mix them, but be aware that the resulting colour won't always be what you're expecting. Pigment is often more complicated than that.

If it doesn't give you the colour you're after, get some glaze medium and ink - ink is more predictable if you need to mix it, but you can probably find a purple you like without mixing anything.

Depends what effect you're going for, but probably not.

The Citadel Glazes and inks are transparent colours. The pigments in Genestealer Purple and Xereus Purple are opaque. You can glaze with opaque pigments - thinned enough, you'll get a milky, translucent effect - but it'll be a very different result from using a Citadel Glaze.

A jar of Winsor & Newton Purple drawing ink and a huge bottle of W&N acrylic glazing medium will set you back ~£10-15, but it'll last much longer than trying to achieve this with Citadel equivalents.

Alternatively, instead of mixing them together, due to the Glazes being Transparent Colors, you could apply a coat of Either Color first, let it dry, then apply the second over it.

...though I have never tried this myself. I'm just suggesting this based on how Colored Sheets of Transparent Plastics/Glass/Whatever work when you layer one over the other.

'cos I've not actually bought them yet

That’s really the only valid answer smile.png (I felt compelled to ask because it feels like nine times out of ten, if someone on a forum like this asks whether two paints mix, it hasn’t occurred to them to just try and see what happens.)

It’s probably best to apply it to a model in the way you intend to use it, because especially clear paints may not look the way they will when dry if you just mix them on a palette or something.

Archived