++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - August ++

Kor'Vesh

---- August ----

Well now we have all warmed up our painting muscles with the ETL, we are all primed and ready for August's casual hobby challenge, right?

We all know how this works by now, pledge some models to paint this month, build your armies, and enjoy the opportunity to stick it to the traitors/emperor. Full rules can now be found in the Hall of Victors thread - where anyone involved so far should feel happy to post their full army shots!

Finally, I'd like last month's players to cast their votes over the next week for their favourite traitor and loyalist pledges from July! Voting rules:

- vote for your favourite loyalist pledge, and favourite traitor pledge

- don't vote for the champion from each team, they get to show off in the hall of vistors anyway

- make your votes clear so I don't miss them!

Lets see some support for those players who have impressed or inspired you!

So brothers and sisters, for the Emperor or for Horus let's see some pledges!

I'd like to join in fellas but I'm stockpiling everything for next year's etl (can't let us lose) so unfortunately I won't be participating but saying that.

I'm going to whip everyone's collective procrastinating behinds in to shape.

Awesome I would love to get in on this if possible. So the start of my Imperial Fists. I have here 2 Sicaran battle Tanks, sicaran Venator, 5 Jetbikes, 10 Breachers, Praetorian on Jetbike, Contemptor Dreadnought, 10 Tactical marines in a Rhino and Alexis pollux.

Yes the Infantry is all in the bowl in bits lol.

URL=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/162836-19601811503-2dad049c5f-k/]gallery_72636_11113_10723.jpg[/url]

Hope this is OK.

Edited because I added more. I Have a tournament to get this done in time for!

Well that didn't take long!! 

I had a family get together today and used the time to work on my

attempt at Guilliman, it's an amazing sculpt and is a pleasure to paint.

Just wondering if I can squeeze in another vow.

I go on holiday for two weeks on Friday I'll see what I can do when I 

get back.

Here are the pics, hopefully this is the right place for them, I'll post in my 

project log also.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah259/thepounder/DSC00142_zpsgpkczr95.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah259/thepounder/DSC00140_zpsusjtvnkj.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah259/thepounder/DSC00141_zpsqm1cqha9.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah259/thepounder/DSC00143_zpsxldu3qq9.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah259/thepounder/DSC00144_zps3ycjqhtx.jpg

Next up will be whatever's in my bitz box!!

"I am the champion...I AM THE CHAMPION..!" -hums-
I better sort some decent photos of that pledge then, probably later this week when I'm not struck down by Nurgle's Cough. Bleech bet the torrential rainfall and cold weather that has replaced the more traditionally thought of SUNNY summer have gotten the better of me </end pityselfthefleshisweak-replacewithmetal>

So,this month? Eh, there's a supporting forge for my Expedition Force after all so.... ENTER THE MECHANICUM OF ATHENAE FORGE!

To paint: 1 Magos Reductor Calleb Decima (Well, gonna use him and the drawing of him in Betrayal as inspiration)
                1 Magos Dominus
                1 Tech-priest Magos-Auxilia

To build: 1 Primaris-Lightning

To Vote: Richmarine and Leoric with a huge honourable mention to Kor'Vesh, who wins badass Magos of the Month for July!

//Nevindar

Some excellent vows in already - I'm rather excited!

Jud - Guilliman is fantastic. How did you do the marble?

OK, so my votes are for StruManChu and Leoric this month.

As for a vow - well my time is stupidly short, so I'm pledging minscule to start with - completion rate is king after all:

I, Kor'Vesh, low speed painter and heresey fan, pledge to paint 1 thallaxi pledged to the Legio Tempestus, in the month of August.

I'll probably do more. Probably.

If it is okay for me to pledge, I would like to pledge my 5 man recon squad, for the Emperor!!

The reason I ask, is because I have already basecoated and put a wash on them... If its too far down the line then that is cool, I'll just have to do something for next month :)

The feeling when you can't find a bit you knew you have laying around, realising that the robed mechanopriest mini you're working on is a mini that really ain't up to scratch and the frustration rises. Soo..... Bring on the putty!

Dantay_xv - if its one colour and a wash then you can pledge it for full points. If its is a bit more, then post a before picture and I'll decide how many points you can get.

Don't worry though - the real aim is just to get involved and keep motivated! Pledge away sir.

Thanks Ckor'Vesh.

These ar my guys one coat of mechanicus standard grey and a heavy wash of Devlan Mud.

Pictutres lousy, but hope the models are acceptable.

SAM 3019

Hello Frater!

Dim - Looking great as always. You may have done this before, but can we see a group shot of your Fists?

Jud - Guilliman looks excellent. I demand to know how you did that marble. It looks like you commissioned a mason to make a marble base for him.

Twas my birthday yesterday, and while it was a good result overall (Xbox One ftw!), I didn't get any 30k stuff, so I''ve basically run out of things to paint! Wifey spent much coin on the new Xbox, so I don't really feel like I can go out and immediately buy more Space Marines without looking profoundly ungrateful.

I'm going to dig through my bits over the next couple of days to see what I might be able to pledge, but I think it might end up being slightly slim pickings from me this month. I shall return soon! ph34r.png

Some excellent vows in already - I'm rather excited!

Jud - Guilliman is fantastic. How did you do the marble?

OK, so my votes are for StruManChu and Leoric this month.

As for a vow - well my time is stupidly short, so I'm pledging minscule to start with - completion rate is king after all:

I, Kor'Vesh, low speed painter and heresey fan, pledge to paint 1 thallaxi pledged to the Legio Tempestus, in the month of August.

I'll probably do more. Probably.

Hello Frater!

Dim - Looking great as always. You may have done this before, but can we see a group shot of your Fists?

Jud - Guilliman looks excellent. I demand to know how you did that marble. It looks like you commissioned a mason to make a marble base for him.

Twas my birthday yesterday, and while it was a good result overall (Xbox One ftw!), I didn't get any 30k stuff, so I''ve basically run out of things to paint! Wifey spent much coin on the new Xbox, so I don't really feel like I can go out and immediately buy more Space Marines without looking profoundly ungrateful.

I'm going to dig through my bits over the next couple of days to see what I might be able to pledge, but I think it might end up being slightly slim pickings from me this month. I shall return soon! ph34r.png

Cheers lads!

I achieved the marble by spraying the whole base with GW white primer, I then used a pencil

to draw random lines in a kind of lightning patten. Then I used a sponge to dab some light grey

over the drawn lines. I then added some darker lines and kept adding more lines getting

progressively darker. Then the polished areas were given a coat of gloss varnish

That's it!

Archived