Hello fellow frater,
some of you might now my stuff from the Chaos Space Marine subforum. I decided that now it is time to harass a broader audience at the B&C with my miniatures. If you want to see some older stuff, please see my thread within the Eye of Terror.

I mostly work on Thousand Sons and Tzeentchian marines, as well as some Black Legion and Iron Warrior allies. Some Cyrabor Daek Mechanicum will follow soon, I hope.

Aasfressers Thousand Sons & Allies 1st August 2015

Here is what I painted so far.

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Coven 2015

And my sorcerers. I love them.

Thousand Sons Dreadnought Front

My recently finished Thousand Sons Chaos Dreadnought.

Thousand Sons Rubricae Squad for ETL4

A TS squad I finished for ETL IV.

Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer Conversion

And the aspiring sorcerer. At the moment, I like him the most :smile.:
I tried to capture this awesome TS artwork. Hope there is some resemblance.

Recently I started to add some "The Scourged" Chaos Space Marines to my collection. I wanted to use Grey Knight bits, as I thought it would suite the background of the Scourged pretty well. With still some clearly old loyal and inquisitorial symbols and symbols of their new allegiance to Tzeentch.

Here is the "proof-of-principle":

The Scourged test mini Chosen /w Flamer

Pre-painted.

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer 1

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer

Painted.

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer No.2

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer conversion WIP with moar flamesch!

And the next one.

C&C is welcome! Edited by Aasfresser

Thank you Vulkan454! The flames are from the exalted Flamer of Tzeentch from the Burning Chariot box. I love that box... So many nice gubbins for tzeehchy conversions.

And the Second Scourged CSM is done. The flame is pinned, so that he can be actually played :D

Second The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer and Flames

I went for a ghostly warp-flame effect. It's not perfect but I like it so far. It needs some more work. Lets see if I can motivate myself to do it. 

Two new The Scourged Chaos Space Marines /w Flamer

And the two finished. The flame is as mentioned pinned and can be attached if I feel like it. 

Now let's build the third one...

And here we have No.3. 

A bit more chaos-y but without a chaos backpack. I really hate to paint those. C&C is welcome!

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer No.3 Wip

After this squad I'll need to finish my Thousand Sons Maulerfiend.

Thousand Sons Maulerfiend  wip

Thousand Sons Maulerfiend neck wip 3

Just need some more bits. Like a sphinx-tail and one more incinerator for my Scourged and a combi-flamer for the champ.

So I wanted the Aspiring Champion of the squad to have a combi-flamer and I really like a more sorcerer-esque look for my commanders and champions. Well, I came up with this guy.

He obviously has something flame-y going on and has a CCW/power-maul. And he looks like I could use him as a HQ option in smaller games. Like a Sorcerer with force staff and lets say burning brand.

But I'm not sure about the head.

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine Asiring Chamion /w Powermaul & Combiflamer featureless face

Featureless face?

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine Asiring Chamion /w Powermaul & Combiflamer horny face

Horny face?

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine Asiring Chamion /w Powermaul & Combiflamer horny & featureless face

Featureless and horny face?

I'm leaning towards the featureless and horny option. What do you think?

What do you mean by a sphinx tail out of curiousity?

The tail-piece from the khemrian necrosphinx. The whole thing. I have one here, but its used in another maulerfiend conversion.

Hmm, if I recall the Scourge's background correctly, they were the guys damned to hearing every lie told in the galaxy, right? Which is why I think the featureless horned option would have an excellent twist on that, with the champ able to hear every lie spoken, yet unable to talk about it -- at least in a conventional sense ;) Anyway, third option. Definitely.

Love the colour scheme for your Scourge Marines, btw: Very eerie and effective! :)

I'm leaning towards the featureless and horny option. What do you think?

Cool aspiring champion! :smile.: Yes, I think that's the best option too.

I, guess I'll stick with it. As Kraut pointed out correctly...

Hmm, if I recall the Scourge's background correctly, they were the guys damned to hearing every lie told in the galaxy, right? Which is why I think the featureless horned option would have an excellent twist on that, with the champ able to hear every lie spoken, yet unable to talk about it -- at least in a conventional sense :wink: Anyway, third option. Definitely.

Love the colour scheme for your Scourge Marines, btw: Very eerie and effective! :smile.:

... the background of "The Scourged". yeah, that's what I thought while searching half the day for that particular head in my bits box. I'm glad the color scheme is convincing :)

I'm with Kraut, it's a good interpretation - really should get my ads in gear with my own guys - but yes eerie is something that's rarely done well in chaos

Again, thanks! Those red areas are such a joy to paint after so much blue... 

I think i'll have to follow this topic, there's not enough tzeentch warbands on BnC, and certainly too few with this level of creativity. Very nice models!

That's true. I think most people are scared of Tzeentch as they think the conversions have to be crazy complex and the paintjob has to be like a colourfull LSD-trip. But thats only one way to interpret tzeentchian CSM. Like the TS, they can be very "clean" and only slightly corrupted with the extra hint of some special corruption here and there. At least that's how I explain the lack of tzeentchian warbands to myself. That and the horrible rules.

I haven't seen many Tzeentch armies here so your's is a refreshing sight, especially since you've managed to give them such character with your conversions. Nice job!

Thank you guys!

I haven't seen many Tzeentch armies here so your's is a refreshing sight, especially since you've managed to give them such character with your conversions. Nice job!

Thanks! Hopefully some Tzeentch Supplement or at least some cool plastic TS will come soon. Than the board will be flooded with tzeentchian warbands.

After being a bit distracted by some freebooting Xenos, I managed to finish this paranoid fella.

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer No3 1

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer No3  2

Unfortunately I messed up the freehand this time. Well, there is always a next time :biggrin.:

After being a bit distracted by some freebooting Xenos, I managed to finish this paranoid fella.

med_gallery_76164_11041_749037.jpg

med_gallery_76164_11041_253460.jpg

Unfortunately I messed up the freehand this time. Well, there is always a next time :biggrin.:

http://media1.giphy.com/media/fWj2TR9mfYJ56/giphy.gif Edited by SanguiniusReborn

• 1 month later...

So, with CoCVII I found some new motivation! 

Here is my vow:

Alright, screw Khorne!

I Aasfresser answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 7 Units composed of:

Sorcerer
- Mark of Tzeentch, Power Armour, Sigil of Corruption, Spell Familiar, Veterans of the Long War, Mastery Level 3
- Chaos Artefact (Burning Brand of Skalathrax)
- Force Weapon (Force Stave)

Sorcerer
- Mark of Tzeentch, Power Armour, Jump Pack, Sigil of Corruption, Spell Familiar, Veterans of the Long War, Mastery Level 3
- Melee Weapon (Powerfist)
- Force Weapon (Force Sword)

2x Chaos Spawn
- Mark of Tzeentch

Maulerfiend
- Two sets of Lasher Tendrils

Chaos Rapiers Weapons Battery
- Laser Destroyer

Herald of Tzeentch

3x Screamers of Tzeentch

before December 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Spilled Blood Glorious Change and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

May Tzeentch bless you all with Tentacles! 

Before-Pics will be provided later this weekend.

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine Asiring Chamion /w Powermaul & Combiflamer horny & featureless face

The Scorched Sorcerer with Burning Brand

Black Legion Sorcerer /w Jumppack Call of Chaos VII WIP

Black Legion Sorcerer with Jumppack (Claw counts as Forcestave)

Tzeentch Chaos Spawn Call of Chaos VII WIP

Spawn (Unassembled)

Thousand Sons Maulerfiend Call of Chaos VII WIP

Thousand Sons Maulerfiend (will be repainted, tendrils still in bitzbox)

Thousand Sons Rapier /w Laser Destroyer Call of Chaos VII WIP

Thousand Sons Rapier with Laser Destroyer

Herald of Tzeentch - Ragged Knight style Call of Chaos VII WIP

Herald of Tzeentch (Ragged Knight styled character)

Screemers of Tzeentch Call of Chaos VII WIP

Screamers of Tzeentch (bases unfinished)

And here is the finished Herald of Tzeentch:

Herald of Tzeentch, inspired by the Ragged Knight

I left the basic 2009 games day miniature as it was. To be honest, I didn't know what to modify, as a demon can look like it wants to be or as the mortal spectator suspects it to look like. 
As I was going for a "Ragged Knight" feeling (although with out the to demonic features shown by the demon when he was wounded) I am pretty satisfied with that guy.
Now I just need some fluffy reason why a Tzeentch demon want's to look like a mighty warlord. Well, deception of course, but why? Maybe he is just mocking Khorne and his brutish followers? Changeling-style?

Only 6 more units left.

Slow but purposeful...

I started the 3 Screamers of Tzeentch for CoCVIII:

Screamer of Tzeentch wip 1

Screamer of Tzeentch wip 2

For ca. 1 Hour of painting, I think it looks nice enough. Just to finish the fangs...

And here are the two chaos spawns for CoCVIII:

Thousand Sons Tzeentch Chaos Spawn

Thousand Sons Tzeentch Chaos Spawn No. 3 wip 1

And a pic with their older brother:

Thousand Sons Tzeentch Chaos Spawn No. 3 wip group

Hope you like the spawns ;)

• 2 weeks later...

As always, I got distracted. This time with some random cultists count as. I returned to the idea of the "Hidden Ones" the TS used during the Great Crusade. Individuals that most of the Time are not aware they are serving the TS and are manipulated by them. 

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Renegade Militia WIP

Those two will be some renegade Militia/PDF characters. Governor Vytautas Vrass and his palace guard. HE can be used as an Arch-Demagogue, Master of the Hordes, ruthlessly sending the peasant militia of his feudal planet into the meat grinder to please his occult masters.

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Radical Inquistitor /w Acolytes Rogue Psycer Coven

Inquisitor Petro Borellus of the Ordo Hereticus and two of his gifted acolytes. Questing around the Maelstrom and getting deeper and deeper into the corrupted realms his views on heresy might have changed. Still trying to stop a Thousand Sons Coven lead by a powerful Sorcerer.

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Inquisitorial Acolyte wip

This one is still nameless. He is heavily inspired by KrautScientists Inquisitor Titus Alvar. A former acolyte of Inquisitor Borellus, becoming an Inquisitor himself and fierce witch-hunter. Equipped with a deamonsword and archaeo-tech crossbow. There is still a lot of GS-work to do on the chest and his arms.

Hope you like those unwitting fools :smile.:

And something more unrelated to my army, I build a ministorum priest for my cousins Astra Militarum, it's a birthday present. I like the grumpy fat guy, and the priest turned out just fine, too :tongue.:

Ministorum Priest Wip 1

Ministorum Priest Wip 3

Ministorum Priest Wip 2

The base was the fat monk from the bretonnian men-at-arms. The only non-GW bit is the head, it's from Maxminis Ash Junkers set. The quality of those heads is super crisp as always with Maxmini.

Edited by Aasfresser

Well, CoCVIII still waits for my attention. I had such a blast building those last few cultists, so I build some more!

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Militia Type Cultists Command WiP

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Militia Type Cultists Command WiP

Those guys were once bretonnian men-at-arms, now they are the PDF/Militia of a (for now) unnamed planet. The banner/standard is the heraldry of Hause Vrass, which rules that planet. It will be a real challenge to paint a stylized kraken/octopus on the shoulders of those little buggers. I also ordered some decals from Fallout Games (see here) with occult sigils for them and my TS. 

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Militia Type Cultists Governor /w Palace Guard WiP

And again, the Governor Vytautas Vrass and his Palace Guard. They are not complete, I need more Tempestus Scions bodies. I plan some more with las-guns and some with halberds. Also a psiker is missing. He will be the adviser to the governor and ambassador to Ahrimans Coven. I just need some cool robed legs, like those on the fantasy clamppack chaos sorcerer with staff. I have the torso but the legs are already donated to the Inquisitor Borellus.

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones all Militia Type Cultists  WiP

That are all Militia/PDF style Minis so far. I like the overall archaic look of the high helmets and the bretonnian bodies.

Thousand Sons Hidden Ones Cultists WiP

And here are all cultists I build this week. OK, most of them were build this week.

C&C is welcome :biggrin.:

• 5 months later...

Lately I taught one of the GW Oblits to walk upright. I like his new posture.

Sons of the Cyclops Black Legion Obliterator WIP 1

Sons of the Cyclops Black Legion Obliterator WIP 3

Sons of the Cyclops Black Legion Obliterator WIP 2

I decided to paint him as one of the Sons of the Cyclops, like my plasma chosen.

And I could finally grab some BaC MkIV Marines! Thanks to a  bits donation from IP I converted two of them to two lowly Rubricae. I like the look :D
They are a bit light on the chaos ikonographies but paint and maybe some GS will help. 

Mk IV Thousand Sons Rubricae

And last but not least, something completely different:

Last year I bought a Space Wolves Iron Priest for my cousin as a birthday present. A few weeks before the new plastic one was released... Well he wanted to put him on a thunderwolf, but didn't knew how to manage the conversion. So I offered him some help. I want my prey to look pretty :ph34r.:

I call this project "Project Wolf Hunt" ;)

Space Wolves Iron Priest on Thunderwolf WIP 1

Space Wolves Iron Priest on Thunderwolf WIP 2

Space Wolves Iron Priest on Thunderwolf WIP 3

Space Wolves Iron Priest on Thunderwolf Base

It was horrible to lengthen the legs and torso to make him somewhat comparable to other normal Space Marines. And the right arm... oh boy was there a lot of rasping, cutting and "drehmeling"... The servo arms will be a custom build after an awesome tutorial from a fellow german hobbyist. I'm still waiting for some bits, though...

The base might be a bit degrading for the Thousand Sons, but if you look very closely, you can see a grenade in the Rubricaes right hand. This puppy will be neutered very soon... I cant wait to see this guy finished. And I can't wait to start the wolf hunt ;)

Always delightful to see more Thousand Sons being done. Looking forward to seeing the Olbit. being finished.

Thank you! The Oblits will be painted during ETL.

Absolutely beautiful models. I especially love the priest and cultists/guard.

Thank you! At the moment I'm focusing more on PA dudes. There will be some more Cultist Militia after ETL or in between.

The second Oblit is finished so far.

That's him in the beginning:

med_gallery_76164_9728_51299.jpg

And ca. 4 hours later:

gallery_76164_9728_85977.jpggallery_76164_9728_34165.jpggallery_76164_9728_89951.jpggallery_76164_9728_112323.jpg

I like him and his "oven mittens" a lot :D

Next time I try to use some copper wire and more round and plain tubes. I love the tube tool, but some change would be nice. As said somewhere, he will be part of my Black Legion Sons of the Cyclops Allies.

Hope you like him!