Thank you! But I never painted my Magnus so far, and my last Natfka update is about a year old. Could it be you mistake me for the The Traitor?^

Ah yes! It was The Traitor's Magnus I saw. Silly me. :)  All the same - everything I've seen in the thread is excellent.

Hey man,

I checked and I do indeed have those horns left. Will PM you shortly about the details, in case you're interested :smile.:

I'm indeed very interested! Let me know if your looking for something specific, maybe I have something for you. If not, I think I have something that you might like :)

Edited by Aasfresser

I worked some more on the dread . Unfortunately I can't make new pictures. I filled some gaps with GS and build some more Cathaphractii Scarab Occult. When inspiration strikes me, or I can fight the lethargy I feel I'll start on the CCW arm. 

After almost spending 3 days repairing my smartphone I can finally show you some new pictures. Who could have guessed it will be so cumbersome to restore the IMEI number after Android 6.0.1 screwed it...?

Well during the downtimes and reboot times I tried to make some progress on the dread. I dremeled most of the frontplate away to make the Magnus plate fit better and filled some gaps with GS. please note I still have to do some work on the GS, I want to make a much smoother transition to the original plate. Sofar it looks good, methinks. I just need those horns... :wink:

gallery_76164_9665_28956.jpggallery_76164_9665_27691.jpg

There will be a scarab or the old legion symbol on the collar.

I did some work on the legs, too. The parts of the trim were I put GS o to make a smoother transition has to be cleaned up still.

gallery_76164_9665_39468.jpggallery_76164_9665_51205.jpggallery_76164_9665_11828.jpggallery_76164_9665_48503.jpg

And finally something that will finish the headcrest as soon as I have finished the chestplate. As I stated before I want to emulate the old metal asp. sorc from the TS upgrade kit. Just to give you an idea.

Thousand Sons Contemptor Dreadnought Wip 22

I also started work on the CCW arm but forgot to make pics, unfortunately I have to leave soon, As soon as I arrive I'll make some pictures.

C&C is always welcome!

Edited by Aasfresser

I'm still working on the CCW and other parts of the dread. One thing that's still missing are rivets on the trimm, thanks to a tip from Augustus this will change soon. Than there is the problem with the sword on the CCW, like the Osiron has one. I the blades that come with Magnus are a bit too big, Tichinde was so kind and made a comparison picture of the Magnus sword blade and the Osiron blade in his thread. What would fit better is the knive that comes with Magnus, its in a sheet though but has some nice detail. I just don't want do nick it from my Magnus kit. If somebody has it by any chance, I glady trade it for bits or yuros.

gallery_76164_9665_1405.jpggallery_76164_9665_4845.jpg

The press molded winged scarab on the hand is a tad to thick, I might have to hone it down some more.

Than there were those Scarab Occult I converted out of BaC Cataphractii Terminators. I fanaly got some more bits to finish them. There are still some tzeentchy gubbins missing, but most of the TS look will come through the paintjob and decals.

med_gallery_76164_9665_32765.jpg

gallery_76164_9665_25724.jpggallery_76164_9665_48974.jpggallery_76164_9665_62963.jpg

I'm not so sure about the sword arm of the hellfire missle guy. Somehow I ordered one set of left cataphractii arms less than I thought. I still need one to finish the last SO terminator for the squad.

Within the last bits collection I got of ebay were a huge load of tzaangor and new Rubricae bits, I want to use them to revisit a very old project. I once build some Black Legion Terminators for my Sons of the Cyclops without ever finishing painting them. I don't want to overdo on the Tzeentch stuff, because I want to keep them mostly as they were, but here and there a new weapon and some details and you get some nice throwaway chaos tzeentch TDA.

gallery_76164_9665_2283.jpg

Here I only exchanged the old power axe with one from the tzaangors and gave him a combi plasma.

med_gallery_76164_9665_111808.jpg

Here I wanted to use the awesome tzaangor greatsword as a power sword for a terminator, I'm not set on the shield, because I really don't know how to get a combi bolter on him. But I like the look. The SO arms fit perfectly on the old CSM terminators and give him a slightly more tzeentchian look. I'm not sure about the shoulder pads. All of the other BL terminators have those MaxMini shoulder pads but the original ones look nice on him too. I didn't do mockups this time, because I need to dremel the shoulder pads a little to make them fit better.

C&C is as always very welcome!

Amazing work, this contemptor is going to be glorious! I hadn't thought of doing the crest like that with plasticard, very creative. Love how the Magnus chest plate looks on the contemptor, looking forward to seeing more!

Just saw you update this:

The contemptor arm is looking awesome, great details added. The cataphractii are looking good and the Black Legion terminators work great with the tzaangor bits too!

Edited by Vairocanum

The chest plate on the contemptor looks great. Good vision with that piece there. The legs are also looking great, looking forward to seeing it finished! 

Liking the termis too, great work all round!

Amazing work, this contemptor is going to be glorious! I hadn't thought of doing the crest like that with plasticard, very creative. Love how the Magnus chest plate looks on the contemptor, looking forward to seeing more!

Just saw you update this:

The contemptor arm is looking awesome, great details added. The cataphractii are looking good and the Black Legion terminators work great with the tzaangor bits too!

Thank you! The crest is rather straight forward, I wonder myself why it took me so long to do it.

I'm glad that you stuck to your idea with the chest plate, it looks great now! And good job on the termies, looks better than the official Ksons minis imo.

Mind sharing the river trick?:smile.:

Augustus uses small glass beads he got off ebay, 1mm or better 0,8mm in diameter. I'm waiting for my to arrive now.

The chest plate on the contemptor looks great. Good vision with that piece there. The legs are also looking great, looking forward to seeing it finished! 

Liking the termis too, great work all round!

Thank you! I want to add some more things to the legs, maybe I get it done today.

Some more progress on the dread. I finished the other arm but I don't know how or if to caosify the kheres assault cannon. I might exchange the mussel with a bird face, but I'm unsure, will have to test a few things. The pose is just bluetacked, and not final. I also tried to sculpt some mini scarabs on the back, as the original model has some of those in those places. And the old legion symbol is now right on the collar. Still need a sword and some work around the helmet and crest. And some tabbard/loin cloth thing and a scarab in the midsection. I'm also considering adding some of the Necrophinxes leg blades to the legs of the dread, but that might look to random, hm...

med_gallery_76164_9665_162416.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_145182.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_124007.jpg

What do you think?

This dread looks ace! Loving the press molding and still think the chest plate works amazingly with the model.

My only slight gripe is that from the front shot the legs look a little to thin. Maybe an easy way to get around that might be to add a tabard or banner between his legs?

Impressive.

Thank you!

This dread looks ace! Loving the press molding and still think the chest plate works amazingly with the model.

My only slight gripe is that from the front shot the legs look a little to thin. Maybe an easy way to get around that might be to add a tabard or banner between his legs?

Yep, a tabbard is coming soon. Either I try to sculpt it myself with my scheiße sculpting skills or I find a nice banner I can use, I thing the Marauders had one that might fit.

On the first frontal picture the angle of the picture is a bit off, that makes him look a tad fat, but this will be fixed with a tabbard and some groinscarabs.

He really looks awesome, I have to start using press mold for micro detailing, you and Vairocanum are really making a case for it :wink:! For the kheres I would look at the soulreaper cannon of the rubricae and scarab occult, to see how it looks.

I use this a lot because I can't sculpt for s. And the Kheres idea is so obvious now that I'm wondering if I might have some mental deficiencies I never realized. Thank you so much! :D 

The Contemptor is coming along splendidly! Fantastic work! As for your questions:

• It's a 40k Comtemptor, right? If so, I think it would be really cool to try and match the design of the Scarab Occult/Thousand Sons weapon for the Kheres, at least to some degree.
  • I also agree with the other guys that he needs a loincloth/tabard, both due to the bulkier torso and due to the fact that you have added to that effect by giving him a wider stance ;)
  • One thing I've done with my own Contemptor, and would suggest to anyone converting the plastic Comtemptor,  is to lengthen its stubby fingers by grafting on the longer fingers from another plastic Dreadnought kit.
  • The alternate horns for the breastplate should be with you shortly ;)

Keep up the fantastic work! :)

The Contemptor is coming along splendidly! Fantastic work! As for your questions:

• It's a 40k Comtemptor, right? If so, I think it would be really cool to try and match the design of the Scarab Occult/Thousand Sons weapon for the Kheres, at least to some degree.
  • I also agree with the other guys that he needs a loincloth/tabard, both due to the bulkier torso and due to the fact that you have added to that effect by giving him a wider stance :wink:
  • One thing I've done with my own Contemptor, and would suggest to anyone converting the plastic Comtemptor,  is to lengthen its stubby fingers by grafting on the longer fingers from another plastic Dreadnought kit.
  • The alternate horns for the breastplate should be with you shortly :wink:

Keep up the fantastic work! :smile.:

Thank you very much, Kraut! All those pints will be considered and implemented. Esp. the fingering.

What do you guys think, will the Tzaangor Standard fit well? I'm considering replacing the big Tzeentch Symbol witch Magnus belt (small pic).

And I finally took the knife from the Magnus kit ... It should be almost the same length as the osirons blade. The fact that it's in its sheet gives more details and makes it more believable as a dreadnought weapon (the original looks almost 4 or 5mm thick).

med_gallery_76164_9665_129098.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_4512.jpg

Thousand Sons Contemptor Dreadnought Wip 30

Edit: aaaand it's done. I like it, but the original bit will be exchanged by a press molded. I want my Magnus to be properly armored when I build him one day.
med_gallery_76164_9665_62577.jpg

Tomorrow a precision modelling saw from Revel should arrive, with it I want to repose the legs some more. That will be a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it. The movement of the tabbard will then make more sense I guess.

Edited by Aasfresser

I think the tabard is an excellent bit! But maybe it's a bit to blocky and massive? The added bulk due to both the breastplate and the tabard adds so much mass to the body that it seems like it would be best to slightly extend the Contemptor's abdominal section and maybe even lenghten the legs a bit -- which should be possible, if you plan on sawing apart the legs anyhow ;)

If you were to use with a slightly less voluminous tabard, you might be able to get away with keeping the legs as they are ;)

I'm personally not a big fan of that huge, underslung curved blade on the FW Dread, but I do agree that you've come really close to recreating its look.

Nice! I'd forgotten about that knife, looks very close to the Osiron dimensions.

another trick for the rivets I have used is the beads out of a water filter (the ones that fit into jugs). If you take it apart, mixed up with the bits of carbon are small plastic beads some of witch make great rivets/jewel (I used one recently on my Breacher squad leader head crest)

looking forward to seeing this painted up!

Awesome stuff!

That tabard already helps quite a bit.

The sword is really cool and i dont even think it looks really looks like it is in its sheet!

Keep up the good work and good luck with the repossing of the legs!

Thank you! The reposing will be exiting, because I already did some work on the legs.

I think the tabard is an excellent bit! But maybe it's a bit to blocky and massive? The added bulk due to both the breastplate and the tabard adds so much mass to the body that it seems like it would be best to slightly extend the Contemptor's abdominal section and maybe even lenghten the legs a bit -- which should be possible, if you plan on sawing apart the legs anyhow :wink:

If you were to use with a slightly less voluminous tabard, you might be able to get away with keeping the legs as they are :wink:

I'm personally not a big fan of that huge, underslung curved blade on the FW Dread, but I do agree that you've come really close to recreating its look.

I think you're right about the legs and the midsection. I will first try to lengthen them and if that doesn't work I'l trim the tabard left and right, about two tzeentch symbols on each side should do the trick. I'm not a patricular fan of the blade either, but I think it belongs to the osiron as a force weapon. I still hope TS might get psychic dreads with their codex some day and then I'll be ready. I'm looking for a second kheres assault cannon for him in the mean time.

Nice! I'd forgotten about that knife, looks very close to the Osiron dimensions.

another trick for the rivets I have used is the beads out of a water filter (the ones that fit into jugs). If you take it apart, mixed up with the bits of carbon are small plastic beads some of witch make great rivets/jewel (I used one recently on my Breacher squad leader head crest)

looking forward to seeing this painted up!

Thank you! I just commented back in your thread :)

Thanks to Krautscientist I could make a mockupo with smaller horns on the chest plate, thank you so much Herr Kraut! But now that I see it and really like it, I'm not so sure if I want to add the bands to the headcrest, could get to crowded on the chestplate, maybe I'll do a mockup tomorrow. I really like the look! I also magnetized the weapons and the legs. I stretched the midsection and the legs a bit, still have to clean this up with GS and other stuff. Yesterday I realized I can't fit the legs without a base... so there's a basic base. Please not the pose is not finished, as is the base.

med_gallery_76164_9665_143754.jpg

He's chunky looking sure, but I don't think it's too much bulk for the tabard, if you want to keep as is.

I think you're right, the tabard grows on me as it is.