Hm... I think about the Lahmian Medium. Is it similar or identical with the Vallejo Thinner Medium? 

It's basically colourless paint that serves as medium, great for thinning if you want to do glazes (I also can recommend the FW airbrush medium for that stuff). It can also be used to seal transfers and helps with purity seal frosting ^^

Edited by Atia

• 2 weeks later...

There is a minor update on the Oriron Contemptor. The first leg and the base are done, just the rest to go....

med_gallery_76164_9665_10947.jpg

And the MK III Black Legion Aspiring Champion is done, too. I'm not sure about the CCW mutation anymore and I have to touch up the fur on the cloak and the plasma. But I like the rest :)

med_gallery_76164_9728_7339.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_76199.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_66108.jpg

And there is Arkos for BCK Conversion Challenge. It's afFirst concept of Arkos. Need to do the trim on the legs and fuse the small dragons head with the knee and he needs something on the chest. Also I'm not sure about the arm pose.

med_gallery_76164_11915_12364.jpg

Hm... I think about the Lahmian Medium. Is it similar or identical with the Vallejo Thinner Medium?

It's basically colourless paint that serves as medium, great for thinning if you want to do glazes (I also can recommend the FW airbrush medium for that stuff). It can also be used to seal transfers and helps with purity seal frosting ^^

I tried it and it seems to work! Thank you for the hint, Atia!

Can't wait to see your take on Arkos brother, very interesting character!

See above :)

Ohhh, the contemptor painting has started! Not sure if the rust will fit you TS well, but the runes are breathtaking!

Also Arkos looks very promising, can't wait to see him with the trim done. For the pose I would simply put his ranged weapon pointing downward, a bit to the back, to give him more of a sense of movement.

Ohhh, the contemptor painting has started! Not sure if the rust will fit you TS well, but the runes are breathtaking!

Also Arkos looks very promising, can't wait to see him with the trim done. For the pose I would simply put his ranged weapon pointing downward, a bit to the back, to give him more of a sense of movement.

Thank you Traitor! Unfortunately the runes are decals from forgeworld :P

As for the rust: when I'm done with him I'll get rid of some of it. Its the first time I tried out pigments and I might went overboard with it. But a lot of iron parts on my Ts are quite rusty.

This seems like a good idea. Maybe try turning the sword arm inward a bit?

Painting on the contemptor looks great, can't wait to see the rest!

Inspired by the "Teeth of Khorne" recently build by Biohazard I build some Havocs with heavy bolters. I really like their look. Just some GS smothing on some bits and they are good to go.

med_gallery_76164_9728_11878.jpg

I have missed a lot of goodies! The painting is great and I am definitely digging your Black Legion.

Looking forward to seeing more the dread painted!

Thank you! I fear I got lost in more Black Legion CSM.... But soon I should return to my TS and the Cybot.

This seems like a good idea. Maybe try turning the sword arm inward a bit?

Painting on the contemptor looks great, can't wait to see the rest!

I'll try it! I hope I will find the time to finish him before the deadline.

Great paintjob on the MK III champion. The antlers look weirdly tacked on though.

Thanks, yeah, I see it now, too. I will have to revisit that at some time.

The aspiring champion looks great, really liking the claw. Arkos is looking fantastic, I think raising the sword arm to make it look like a downward slash could look nice. Looking forward to seeing the trim completed!

Thank you Vairo! I hope I'll finish him in time.

The havocs look great! I like the mix of bits and how you used THE chaos heavy bolter.

As for the Black Legion, you can keep them coming! Seeing your terminator and plague marine plus having reread Black Legion, I am prepping some of my own. For the terminators trim, did you use that specialty GW paint that makes copper look weather beaten?

The havocs look great! I like the mix of bits and how you used THE chaos heavy bolter.

As for the Black Legion, you can keep them coming! Seeing your terminator and plague marine plus having reread Black Legion, I am prepping some of my own. For the terminators trim, did you use that specialty GW paint that makes copper look weather beaten?

I love the cumbersome look of the CSM heavy bolter. I'm not sure about the champions combi weapon though. Maybe a flamer is not the best choice for a Havoc squad.

Yay. They look really good. Sometimes I forget thst basic models qith the right osing and equipment could look grandiose

Thank you very much, Mikhal! Making a truescaler like standard MK III models is an accomplishment of it's own :P

Amazing unit, the heavy bolter design looks very cool in bigger numbers, don't know why :tongue.:. Also, where is the squad leader helmet from?

Thank you, Traitor. The helmet is one of the helmets from the venerable dread.

I love the cumbersome look of the CSM heavy bolter. I'm not sure about the champions combi weapon though. Maybe a flamer is not the best choice for a Havoc squad.

Depend if your planning on moving them up the board. With all the Heavy bolters a combi bolter should do the job though. 

Bad pics but here are two MK IV CSM from the BaC box. I love the BaC and BoP boxes so much... I really hope CSM will get a new kit soon (and it won't be to cluttered with chaos bling).

med_gallery_76164_9728_139130.jpg

Depend if your planning on moving them up the board. With all the Heavy bolters a combi bolter should do the job though.

Flamers aren't terrible. When something comes in range to threaten his squad he is going to burn them with fire when they charge!

One way to think of it.:happy.:

Exactly, I was initially thinking of it a a charge deterrent. Am thinking about giving him a power sword for 4pt.

Exactly, I was initially thinking of it a a charge deterrent. Am thinking about giving him a power sword for 4pt.

Check carefully I thing you have the choice of Give combi weapon or a CC weapon and pistol. so you can't stack combi with a powersword. 

I'd be tempted by plasma for the 24" range and use every turn, the 12 Heavy bolter shots, 2 plasma and 2 bolter should give a hefty deterrent from a charge anyway.

They are looking great whatever you decide and the painted two look brilliant. 

And here we go, another one.

med_gallery_76164_9728_492361.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_1061929.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9728_572785.jpg

Hm... the pics looks way better before I uploaded them. Weird.

Check carefully I thing you have the choice of Give combi weapon or a CC weapon and pistol. so you can't stack combi with a powersword.

I'd be tempted by plasma for the 24" range and use every turn, the 12 Heavy bolter shots, 2 plasma and 2 bolter should give a hefty deterrent from a charge anyway.

They are looking great whatever you decide and the painted two look brilliant.

Thank you! As I read it the champ can replace his BP and Bolter for up to two items from the Champion Equipment List, and the CEL says he can chose to take one of the combi-weapons. As always the wording is very poor, have to check the FAQ.

CHAMPION EQUIPMENT

The champion can take up to two

weapons chosen from the following list:

• Bolt pistol

• Chainaxe

• Chainsword

• Lightning claw

• Plasma pistol

• Power axe

• Power fist

• Power maul

• Power sword

Alternatively, the champion can take one

weapon chosen from the following list:

• Boltgun

• Combi-bolter

• Combi-flamer

• Combi-melta

• Combi-plasma

Edited by Aasfresser

test

Did it work? :tongue.:

Darnit Aasfresser, your BL guys makes me want a BL force too!

Oh, and for the combi+sword question, check out the FAQ: https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/40K_8th_ed_Update_Codex_Chaos_Space_Marines_ver_1.0.pdf

They can have combi-wep + melee wep now.

Edited by Excessus

Oh, and for the combi+sword question, check out the FAQhttps://whc-cdn.game...nes_ver_1.0.pdf

They can have combi-wep + melee wep now.

Perfect, glad I've seen that now as it make the options for champions much more interesting.

Edit

I keep forgetting to also compliment you on the new models as he's a nice addition to the growing squad. 

Edited by Mechanist

Still digging the Black Legionaires! I especially love the mix of bits and pose of your latest plasma gunner. Also, any chance you have a step by step of how you paint black? 

I too hope they come out with a new chaos kit. I have been using the BaC and BoP sets quite a bits myself hoping to at least get a Late-Heresy/Legions War look out of them.

Looking good buddy :smile.:

Well, we just got new Thousand Sons and Death Guard, and 2018 will be the year of :censored:. Don't be greedy :wink:

and it won't be to cluttered with chaos bling

You kind of answered your own request already - no bling = heresy era stuff :wink:

Edited by Atia