Mikey's Khorne Daemonkin

Hi all,

Been a while since I played or painted some Chaos stuff and after playing some Dawn of War I couldn't help but turn back to Chaos.

Really liking the whole Daemonkin concept and the more recent Khorne themed releases from GW and FW so it was a natural choice I think.

While I haven't really decided on a list or a theme for the army I have painted 2 test models, the first of which is a Possessed for my Slaughtercult-

gallery_26383_8478_799.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_36678.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_18005.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_44402.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_52503.jpg

Decided to use Gal Vorbak for my Possessed and I'm really happy with the models, the details on the sculpts is incredible and make for some scary lMarines. Thoroughly enjoyed painting this one. smile.png

My second test model is an AoS Bloodwarrior which I plan on using as Khorne Berzerkers but, as I also plan on occasionally playing Aos, is lacking a pistol and back pack. They are lovely models though and I can't see anyone having any objections to them standing in for Berzerkers ( who seemingly will never get updated).

gallery_26383_8478_28408.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_49828.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_44896.jpg

Last thing I'll show for now is a pic of the pride and jot of the army, my Kytan Daemon Engine-

gallery_26383_8478_17617.jpg

I'm so in love with this model!

That'll do for now.

Cheers,

Mike. smile.png

Nice. Really like the colours on the blood warrior. As for the Kytan, I've been thinking about getting one myself. The legs look like they don't fit but that might be the different colours. It'll be good to see one painted up...so get cracking :)

Edit: ha, just seen your location. I live on Kingswood.

Nice. Really like the colours on the blood warrior. As for the Kytan, I've been thinking about getting one myself. The legs look like they don't fit but that might be the different colours. It'll be good to see one painted up...so get cracking smile.png

Edit: ha, just seen your location. I live on Kingswood.

Ha ha, small world. :P Do you ever go to the gaming club in town?

Was the resin bit of the Kytan much of a pain to build?

Dragonlover

It was pretty straightforward actually, more so than I had expected. If you want to pose the legs (which are really poseable) in a particular way than you need to think it through first and do some dry fitting to get it all to align nicely and sit smoothly on the base. ;)

No. Not much of a gamer to be honest. Mostly painter these days. So you would recommend the Kytan as a model? For someone interested in a Khorne themed super heavy walker?

Ah, fair enough. :)

I would recommend it! The kit is quite straightforward to put together but has a lot of potential for different poses which is why I personally would chose the Kytan over the Chaos Knight. It's cheaper too. :P

Looking good! I also went the route of Gal Vorbak as Daemonkin Possessed. No Matter how they actually perform in cc, I've noticed the possessed get targeted, just for looking scary!

Also +1 for having a crushed slaanesh chariot under your bloodthirster. The fluff gods are sated.

Nice start to your KDK army there Mikey. Your Chaos models so far are looking as nice as your loyalists scum tongue.png msn-wink.gif . Seriously, they are looking nice bud - can't wait for more updates thumbsup.gif

Thanks, glad you like both forces. smile.png I'll hopefully be updating fairly often as I race to get the army painted before my other half amasses enough Blood Tithe points to summon the Greater Daemon of Pregnancy in October. tongue.png

Looking good! I also went the route of Gal Vorbak as Daemonkin Possessed. No Matter how they actually perform in cc, I've noticed the possessed get targeted, just for looking scary!

Also +1 for having a crushed slaanesh chariot under your bloodthirster. The fluff gods are sated.

Great minds eh? smile.png I'm not expecting too much of the Possessed in game but I do want them to look the part, and if they are scary enough to draw fire away from my other units then that's fine. I'll happily take the Blood Tithe point. smile.png

Cheers,

Mike.

I too use the Gal Vorbak for Possessed in my KDK army, though I have bumped them up to a unit of 10. In my last game they actually performed quite well, and even though they took casualties before getting into combat having 10 meant that they still were feared in CC.

Great paint job by the way, very fitting for possessed of Khorne! 

I too use the Gal Vorbak for Possessed in my KDK army, though I have bumped them up to a unit of 10. In my last game they actually performed quite well, and even though they took casualties before getting into combat having 10 meant that they still were feared in CC.

Great paint job by the way, very fitting for possessed of Khorne!

I'd like to do the same after having such a good time painting these up. Did you convert your second batch at all?

Okay so here is the finished unit of Possessed. Loved painting these, so many cool little details and just the overall fantastic quality of the sculpts made them a really enjoyable unit to paint.

gallery_26383_8478_9101.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_54716.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_89909.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_46537.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_61242.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_20331.jpg

Not sure what I'll be working on next, tempted to start on the Kytan as a treat but also thinking the Bloodthirster as I've already made a start by painting his little scenic base. Decisions, decisions. tongue.png

Mike.

I did some basic head swaps, and did some arm swaps with the GW possessed kits. Unfortunately they tend to still look the same, but it's fun to run all of them

That's what worries mt, trying to get them to look different enough sounds like a bit of a task. :P

I started on my Bloodthirster yesterday and have finished the skin ( near enough, might play around with it some more) and thought I'd pop up a WIP pic or two.

gallery_26383_8478_59158.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_49004.jpg

I'll be honest, not really enjoying painting this one but I tend to dislike painting larger models. I just find with them taking so long to actually make significant progress with that my motivation and patience runs think easily and I tend to cut some corners. :P Having said that I am happy so far, the transitions on the skin are smoother than they look in the picture and with the majority of the model finished I reckon I'll have a bit more fun painting the rest.

Mike.

Last night I finished the Bloodthirster. My motivation ran dry really quickly and so it isn't the best I could have done but I just wanted it to be finished and I think it still looks decent.
Love using it in game but hated painting it! :P

gallery_26383_8478_56106.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_88245.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_68498.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_5820.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_28523.jpg

Not sure what I'll paint next, thinking the rest of mt counts-as Berzerkers as I've been playing a lot of AoS. We'll see. :P

Mike.

Archived