Uverons Black Crusade - WIP LOG

Thanks again for all the Positive comments, makes me feel very cool.. and stuff

Anyway, this is a picture of my 'work bench' currently. Just finished building the big-gun and the crew (Guy on the square base). You can also see the hellbrute painting for the CoC in the back of the table.

Edit: Going to Magnetize the Dozer Blade, shortly.

gallery_63905_11231_165156.jpg

Edited by Uveron

• 2 weeks later...

Its been along week, I have many projects close to beeing finished... But got these 6 guys done... 

I know there are moldlines on one of the guys, not sure how I missed it until I looked at the photo, I probably will fix one day, but i have so many more guys to paint! 

[Photos Lost]

Edited by Warsmith Uveron

Iron Warrior threads on the B&C seem to be consistently good, and this isn't an exception; nice minis! I really love your daemon prince - that's a juggernaut collar, right? And a head from, uhh... a defiler? Anyway he looks terrific. It's so rare to see a 40k DP without the power armour, and I like the look. (He'll look good in AoS too, I have no doubt)

That's a very impressive battery of fiends, too. Oh, another thing I noticed is the use of Mk.VII heads from (I think) the tac squad kit - they look good amid the variety of CSM parts you've used for the bodies, especially with those helmet lenses. They're certainly a contrast next to the WoC-style helms.

Iron Warrior threads on the B&C seem to be consistently good, and this isn't an exception; nice minis! I really love your daemon prince - that's a juggernaut collar, right? And a head from, uhh... a defiler? Anyway he looks terrific. It's so rare to see a 40k DP without the power armour, and I like the look. (He'll look good in AoS too, I have no doubt)

That's a very impressive battery of fiends, too. Oh, another thing I noticed is the use of Mk.VII heads from (I think) the tac squad kit - they look good amid the variety of CSM parts you've used for the bodies, especially with those helmet lenses. They're certainly a contrast next to the WoC-style helms.

Thanks! The Deamon Prince Does use the Juggernaut Collar, and just the Mask from the Defiler (a normal Deamon Prince Head is present under the Mask) Keeping him without the Power Armour was so I can use him to represent a 'OLD' Deamon from the Pre-Crusade Days should I ever play 30K with my Deamons... (as well as AOS, but not that I have been playing much of that, but beeing able to play a game of whatever from one collection is kinda the plan)

I have also been trying to build contrast in the power-Armour units, more importantly it builds alot of individuality into each guy, I have a story in my mind for most of them. Or at lest could tell a one line story about them..

Terminators & whole army looking really great Uveron :D  Need to try get all the Iron Warriors hobbiest of Bolter & Chainsword to get photos of there whole armies & post them over on the commuinty topic, be really great to see all the diffrent Grand Company/warbands.

Any plans on what you'll be adding to your Iron Warriors after Call of Chaos?

Terminators & whole army looking really great Uveron :biggrin.:  Need to try get all the Iron Warriors hobbiest of Bolter & Chainsword to get photos of there whole armies & post them over on the commuinty topic, be really great to see all the diffrent Grand Company/warbands.

Any plans on what you'll be adding to your Iron Warriors after Call of Chaos?

Yes, I do need to get photos in the Comminty Topic. 

After the Call of Chaos, its going to be Chaos Renegades until March, as I have a Esclation League in my local Club. After that it will be a month without painting as I get things ready for the ETL

More Cultist Cool. Could we get a closeup?

Yes I have been trying! I will get my good Camera Out when I get get them on the table.

Anyway, I am working  on a Escalation League for my local Club. 

This is my compete 500pt Force. 

[Photos Lost]

This is what the 800pt force will look like.. 

[Photo Lost]

Edited by Warsmith Uveron

You get all that for 800 points?!

Indeed! 

Though I should note, most of the troops are BS/WS 2, with no Armour... they are there to provide cover saves for the more expensive units. (I am working on a new thread that will focus on the League..)

EDIT: This Thread Now Exists @ This Thread

Edited by Uveron