Immolator gone from UK store

Rasp

We've been here countless times before, the chances are it means nothing at all. It'll be back ;)

One day something will go and it will mean something, true, but that will almost certainly be accompanied with other signs. Such as the rumour mill cranking and perhaps most telling would be all the other SoB kits that are to be replaced going at the same time.

It's not out of stock, it's no longer available. That's a big difference. Out of stock means just that, which in the grand scheme of things means absolutely nothing other than their warehouse is currently empty of said product. No longer available means they aren't producing it anymore, which might signify something more important going on.

Weird to think they'd just drop the only plastic model in their range though. Is the exorcist still available? That comes with the immolator sprue after all...

Went ahead and got three more girls and a Superior along with an Immolator. After an inventory of the ladies I realized I needed just a couple more to make another full squad. So everything is good.

On a side note, they dumped all the old accounts from before a year ago, so I had to sign back up to order from the webstore.

I had been hoping to buy two more of the things this summer, but ran out of currency. Anway, even if I they did really discontinue it this time, I suppose it's just likely that they have something planned to replace it. Sad part being is that it's unlikely to be as cheap!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was going to get at least one soon too! *cries*

Weird to think they'd just drop the only plastic model in their range though. Is the exorcist still available? That comes with the immolator sprue after all...

Is that right? I might have to get one of them instead. Two for the price of one as they say...

Edit: Have sent a polite email asking what the situation is. Will post when/if I get an answer...

If this is a sign of a new kit coming it should indicate new plastic variations alongside the Immolator necessitating a new set of sprues. GW is all about the combo kits now a days. On the flip side the current kit is newer than a lot of other kits, so it seems unlikely the Immolator alone would be getting an upgrade.. which also makes it a bit scary.

The new rapid fire release model does lend itself well to SoB though, so I choose to be optimistic. Perhaps another double feature along the lines of Admech with a smaller, more focused SoB codex and an Ecclesiarchy codex to complement and freshen things up? ...I'll stop now.

So, uh, this just popped up: http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2015/08/sisters-of-battle.html

*shrug*

The Answer...........
Hi,

Thanks for the Email - Unfortunately the Immolator is classed as no longer available - this usually means at the moment we have no plans to reproduce it - however as we are not part of the decision making process here in customer service ( it's kept top secret!!)
Please keep an eye on the Website and or in White Dwarf for news on releases, we usually get to know at the last minute too.
As regards the backpacks I can ask around but I can't promise any - as you say the bits service is no longer done - we would need to find an opened box in the warehouse.

I got a similar answer when I sent an email to GW:

"Hi there!

Thank you for your email. I'm afraid that at the moment we do not have any information about the Immolator - all I can recommend doing at this time is keeping an eye on the webstore and White Dwarf as all re-releases and new products are advertised on there first.

I'm sorry I cannot be of more help this time"

If it's indeed being replaced, it'll be interesting to see what new options will be added and such.

The Natfka link mentions the backpacks.. boy do I wish they sold 'em separately, I'm missing some regular backpacks and 2-3 seraphim backpacks from my second-hand purchases!

>GET emailresponse

>PROCESSING

[sUFFER NOT THE WITCH TO LIVE]

>LOADING TEMPLATE

>"[generic::greeting]

[generic::thanks4email]

[generic::idunnolol]

[generic::watchthisspace!!1]

[generic::kthnxbai]"

>PRESS RUNE OF POPULATION

{population}

>DONE

[bLESSED IS THE MIND TOO SMALL TO DOUBT]

>STRIKE RUNE OF SENDING WHEN READY

{send}

Shrug indeed. Someone wake me up when something actually happens...

Next time maybe you whipper snapper novitiates might listen msn-wink.giflaugh.png It's surely going to be almost the entire range (or all!) that is replaced so chances are good we'd be hearing some decent tremors beforehand. Something other than meaningless wish listing or the recycled junk we've heard before that is.

As ever: stay vigilant and keep the faith smile.png

As I mentioned further up, I could probably use about two more. Well, assuming I ever get around to actually playing again, that is. Even if Sisters finally do get a new combo vehicle kit later on, it seems unlikely there would be a majorly better transport option available. Problem is I can't afford them at least for the next two months. Bah. Hopefully they'll still be around then ;) Bigger question is the Exorcist, whether or not to get a second one. Rules-wise it seems a good idea, but a fully plastic kit would be nicer now that I at least have one of the original for collecting purposes.

Archived