How many formations dataslates can i field and be legal?

Sn4k30r

You can take any number of any type of Detachment or Formation of any Faction in any combination, provided you obey the Restrictions on the individual sheets and don't repeat Unique models. If you want 20 Archangels Strike Forces and a dozen Stormwings, plus some Tyranids and some Eldar and some Chaos Space Marines, go ahead. There is no limit.

The allies rules define how units interact on the tabletop. They have nothing to do with army selection.

Which Faction a Detachment/Formation came from is irrelevant, with one exception: the Allied Detachment from the main rulebook has a Restriction that everything in it must be from a different Faction than your Warlord's Detachment.

But don't be confused by the fact that that Datasheet is called the Allied Detachment. It's just a name. Allies are any models with different Factions in the same army, regardless of how they got there, and it's an in-game effect. It doesn't change what you can put in your army.

I am happy to see the diversification of FOC's. Previously we had situations where one form of organisation was supposed to be used for every army, regardless of whether they were siege breakers, light recon or an armoured company. You had to take specific HQs to force units to become Troops which mangled things further.

Now we have a cleaner system where different armies have different FOCs that actually reflect the way that they wage war. Plus you still have the good old CAD for general use.

The FOC is dead, long live the FOC! :D

Still to take forgeworld units u need CAD formations are made for GW biggrin.png

I don't think so. As long as your detachment has the appropriate slots available, you can run FW models without a CAD.

You could quite happily run a FW Sicaran in a BSF Detachment for example (as many people do).

Archived