The Cohort of Bloodied Brass

So kicking this thread into new life; I have decided that its time I get my home crafted background in order for my Black Crusade the Cohort of Bloodied Brass is one part of this Crusade.

The full index for all the parts of the Black Crusade can be found at this thread.

This thread is for the creation of background for the Demonic warband, Cohort of Bloodied Brass. I am not looking to create a classic IA style document for this group. But will be more a collection of reports that tell the story of this Demonic threat. 

==

++ Transmission start ++

++ Date- 2. 860.998.M41++

++ Inquisitor Odeas’s Report on the Aaltheron VI ++

++ To Lord Inquisitor Xilan  ++

++ From Inquisitor Valon ++

My Lord,

Attached is a report from the now renegade Inquisitor Tadeas’s initial investigation of the φλ-class World Aeltheron VI, and the reasons he and his acolytes departed for this world.

I have attached the unrestricted report..

++  Report 1 ++

The Planet of Aeltheron VI, and the system of Aeltheron can be found in Segmentum Obscurus, on the edge of sector #34.57.B, within the subsector known as ‘The Obsidian Rift’. [see Additional Report]. The following is the time line of events that led to my investigation.

450.900.M39 the Rogue Trader House Xalexus, informed The Segmentum Command that they had finished surveying the system of Aeltheron, and finding nothing of value they were not invoking the charter to claim any of the wealth.

500.910.M39, a Group from the Pioneer Corps of the Departmento Munitorum was dispatched along with a force raised from the Astra Militarum to bring the φλ-class World into the Imperium. Reports sent by the Rogue Trader House Xalexus referenced a world with a nomadic populous with a pre-industrial technological base.

560.913.M39, after a number of successful years securing the population a rebellion had started on one small part of the world, a request for more supplies and regiments was requested. Segmentum command dispatched a token force of additional units, along with a resources supplied by the Ecclesiarchy

670.914.M39, Contact was lost with the expeditionary force following an increase in warp activity in the area.  Segmentum command declared the sub-sector to be quarantined, and requested that a larger expedition be launched to find out what happened. This request has been denied.

It was at this point that I decided that an agent of the Inquisition was required to look into these events of this. I suspected the work of Chaos, as such my initial investigation would be an interrogation of creatures from warp from that local area.

I traveled to just outside of the restricted space and summoned a lesser daemon into a repentant sinner. At this point I started my integration.  Over the following days my “informant” declared that he was a servant of ‘Dhatlogos the Prince of Bloodied Brass’ and a part of his personal Cohort.  It was at this point that I interrogated for more information about this Prince of Bloodied Brass. The following is a summary of what I found, or deduced.

Dhatlogos, was once a mortal man on the human settlement on Aeltheron VI. When the System was embraced by Warp Storms at the start of the age of strife the civilization found on the planet slowly collapsed.

Dhatlogos found himself at the head of a horde of ‘techno-barbarians’, his savagery and bloodlust was like a beacon in the warp and he soon became a champion to the Chaos god Khorne.  Over the years and then decades of never ending war over the ruins of the planet, he ascended to deamonhood. It was at this point he was gifted a Cohort of lesser daemons of Khorne that follow his command.

A number of times, Dhatlogos have traveled though the warp to other warzones to kill in the name of his god. But he is worshiped as a god by the remnants of humanity found on Aeltheron VI, so he frequently returns there. As do other servants of chaos wishing to gain his aid… or oppose him.”

It was at this point I pushed him for more information about other notable members of his Cohort.

“Other than Dhatlogos, there are 8 others who pose a level of individuality of noting.

The first group and his ‘Brass Guard,’ 3 fellow ascended mortals who form his loyal body guard. Vast slabs of flesh and brass these monsters. All owe their loyalty to Dhatlogos directly who has bound them all to his will, each a mortal champion from the ruination of Althorn VI.

Leading the Demonic Creatures themselves a Pair of Heralds command the forces one is known as the Herald of Wrath, the other is know as the Herald of Fury. It should be noted that these creatures are also the present to ensure loyalty to Kharneth the Lord of Blood and Brass. Thought his trusted captain Kal’ha’varus a Bloodthirster of the Third Host. 

Another Individual of note is the High Priest of Brass; he is a mortal man located on Aeltheron VI but he leads the mortals who worship Dhatlogos and is able to open the ‘Gates of Blood’ and summon the Cohort at times of need”,

The final two individuals are the High Priest of Gore, and the so called ‘Ironclad’. The High Priest of Gore was the opposite of the High Priest of Brass but was recently killed in the conflict on Aeltheron VI.

After checking with a number of tomes of record, I have also deduced that the Cohort of Bloodied Brass has been in a number of conflicts with the Imperium over its history. It appears that it was present at the first war of Armageddon, and there are indicators that they have recently become tied to a warband of Iron Warriors operating in the local area, reports of the nature of the forces are limited and hard to distiquish, but a prevalence of demonic engines are noted, but how this relates with other alliances the cohort has is as of yet unclear.

At this point, I and my retinue are en route to Aeltheron VI to see what we can discover about the ill-fated expedition. 

In The Emperors name.

Inquisitor Odeas’s

++End++

Well here's a quick important one : Rogue (like the Rebel), not Rouge (like the makeup) ^^

Otherwise, the fluff in itself is interesting and well written, but I think it would be nice to see a bit more description of the appearance of the Prince of Bloodied Brass and that of his captains/bodyguards, as well as seeing the composition of the daemonic cohort itself : are there more chariots than other things ? probably Soul Grinders ? It seems like it would be logical to see a bit more in terms of daemon engines rather than foot sloggers, since they seem pretty focalised on the brass side of things.

Also, you mention the existence of the high priest of brass : pretty good concept, but I was wondering if their was also a high priest of blood, who also leads the mortal followers of  Dhatlogos, but in a more puritanical approach of Khorne, and the two high priests are often at odds with one another ?

how did Dhatlogos live for centuries of war before ascending to daemonhood (5th paragraph following timeline)? perhaps decades would be more reasonable?

Eh, considering the Source of this information was a Daemon, time... is not quite regular. 

But I do see your point.

• 10 months later...

Archived