When Alex drives out Kelbor-Hal's Insurrectionists, what forces does he have to draw on?

A substantial number of the Halcyon Wardens obviously, and the surviving Iron Bears from the Dragon of Autumn, plus any Martian loyalists - can anyone tell me what sort of numbers the latter command?

When Alex drives out Kelbor-Hal's Insurrectionists, what forces does he have to draw on?

A substantial number of the Halcyon Wardens obviously, and the surviving Iron Bears from the Dragon of Autumn, plus any Martian loyalists - can anyone tell me what sort of numbers the latter command?

There has been discussion that another legion arrives just in time for the final siege on Mars.

There has been discussion that another legion arrives just in time for the final siege on Mars.

*blanks* Can you give me a brief synopsis of that discussion?

*blanks* Can you give me a brief synopsis of that discussion?

After rummaging through my PMs this is the only relevant reply I could find

I asked if there was room for FK in the Martian war and you replied.

And maybe, if some elements hurry back to Terra. The Mars campaign has a very dramatic opening, but it wouldn't surprise me it'd last a couple of more months, in time for some Fire Keepers to show up and help with the last big battle as the Loyalists assault the Traitor strongholds and then clean up.

Less of a discussion than I remembered.

No, but it makes sense. Alex's initial intervention is very dramatic, but all it does is prevent a complete Dark Mechanicum victory in the first week of the Martian Civil War. At this point, the Warmaster is still trying to catch up to events as he moves to secure Seg. Solar. Since one of his first orders is to bring the Fire Keepers back to Terra to begin constructing defenses, it'd make sense for Fire Keeper & Warden elements to be trickling into the Solar System as the Loyal Mechanicum continues to hold out against the Dark Mechanicum. In fact, only Adept Zeth's forge-city and Fabricator Locum Kane's center survive the initial assault, which leaves more than half of Mars in the hands of the Dark Mechanicum, while Alexandros only has a few companies of Wardens, the Iron Bear survivors, and whatever else he can find within the system.

As reinforcements come in, it's only then the Martian Civil War shifts as the Dark Mechanicum is put on defense. After all, Legio Tempestus can't single-handedly retake the planet without proper support.

For numbers, Legio Tempestus is essentially spared from its suicidal battle with Mortis leaving them in prime condition. Knights of Taranis take some casualties from holding out against Melgator's first assaults. Ironically, Zeth will probably still die unless someone can intervene and save her from the assassin, but her forge-city defenses and infantry are only slightly chewed up by Melgator.

Maximal and his city are wiped out.

Kane's forge is under siege, until Tempestus relieves him, maybe burning out a third of his forge's defenses?

Since Alexandros is in system when the war starts, he'll have two, maybe three whole companies of Wardens at his call. The Iron Bear survivors, which you'd know better than me, Blunt.

From there, it's a simple matter of forces come in. Eventually, Niklaas shows up with the bulk of his legion, while maybe as much as half of the Fifth Legion is in system, unless Alexandros is constantly sending them out to secure the nearby systems since he knows the Fire Keepers are coming.

Good stuff. And Alex keeps a few squads around him (including Akylles, simply because I gave him POV on the bridge when the Dragon arrives and Alex insists on leading the boarding party.

It occurs to me that the Maveshalak heavy weapons elite will come into their own and then some.

Edited by bluntblade

I'd be definitely willing to pay for Athrawes' share. ...because that will be a handsome devil piece of art. (Someone else would have to give the artist actual advice on the character.)

That's very friendly of you.
To be honest:
I'm still (exactly) in the middle of an apprenticeship. So daytime I work in a kindergarden and on 2 evenings (Tuesdays/Thursdays) and on Saturday's I have to go to a vocational school/trade school - ...with homeworks, stuff to prepare and stuff to read and sh-...
...and the year ahead will cost more effort - up until now it was mostly easy-peasy for me, because I knew most of what we learned already and because assignments and stuff are far easier than those during university (geosciences! I used to shove rocks around, now I shove children around... [not really, only when it's funny for them])

...but that stuff, luckily, has an end in sight, next year around May.

Well on the hobby side I want to work my way up the "grey mountain of shame" made up of Space Wolves, BEFORE I start -anything- new. (And help my girlfriend with her board-forbidden Genestealers... ...and maybe finally paint my mini force of Stormcasts.)
But both of these things occupy most of my brainpower (as in:Things I can actively memorize and dwell on and can make up new things for) and freetime right now.

Astartes would definitely be up my alley, maybe a bit of Mechanicum afterwards.
Especially drakzilla's pictures of the paint schemes have gotten to me.
It would probably be something on the Loyalist Spectrum - Chaos never tickled my fancy and I probably wouldn't do it justice.
Crimson Lions, Wardens of Light and Iron Bears both interest me from a fluff AND hobbying perspective. (Daerdd's stuff was what drew me into this Brotherhood...)

I know I will NEVER be of much use for Rules or anything like it.
I will be able to help and come up with fluff, once I have more headspace for it. Especially for Sucessor Chapters. (One will be Space Wolves in disguise, a la canon-verse Carcharodons and I DARE ANYONE TO STOP ME! [joking, mostly...])

But, I already know one thing:
One day I'll make a Great-Crusade-Era Diorama of regular rank-and-file Astartes of all !20! Legions. So one of each, to commemorate some significant high-point of the Great Crusade. 20 Marines guarding a special place, stuck in stasis or some-such.
And I would love to do that for both the canon-verse and the BotL-verse.

I will be able to help and come up with fluff, once I have more headspace for it. Especially for Sucessor Chapters. (One will be Space Wolves in disguise, a la canon-verse Carcharodons and I DARE ANYONE TO STOP ME! [joking, mostly...])

Way ahead of you mate, got a successor of the Lions on plan who were mostly inspired by canon verse Carcharodons ;)

Way ahead of you mate, got a successor of the Lions on plan who were mostly inspired by canon verse Carcharodons :wink:

And a certain admiral who mysteriously disappears before the Insurrection wears a certain custom Indomitus plate with chainclaws…

Way ahead of you mate, got a successor of the Lions on plan who were mostly inspired by canon verse Carcharodons :wink:

And a certain admiral who mysteriously disappears before the Insurrection wears a certain custom Indomitus plate with chainclaws…

Great minds think alike clearly

Way ahead of you mate, got a successor of the Lions on plan who were mostly inspired by canon verse Carcharodons ;)

And....

Well no carchardons^^ do what you like, the galaxy is so big and if it aren't space sharks, there is plenty of room for space phiranhas, space dinosaurs, plesiosaurs, megalodons etc. Space sabretooth tigers would be awesome.^^

I think of a black templar variant. The light crusaders could fill the bill.

Also marsch marsch!!! Gehen sie und machen eine Armee!!!

And....

Well no carchardons^^ do what you like, the galaxy is so big and if it aren't space sharks, there is plenty of room for space phiranhas, space dinosaurs, plesiosaurs, megalodons etc. Space sabretooth tigers would be awesome.^^

I think of a black templar variant. The light crusaders could fill the bill.

Also marsch marsch!!! Gehen sie und machen eine Armee!!!

No, I don't want to go full-carcharodons, I meant remnants of (supposedly) Space Wolves that act far away from the Imperium and rarely appear.

So Carcharodons, meets Legion of the Damned, meets 13th Company, meets Blackshields.

But so it does fit into your universe, so they probably really are damned or cursed, since the fall of the Legion at Prospero, being far away from the main Legion, but still effected by warp turmoils, or some such... or they really are just a sucessor chapter of one of the surviving legions (Iron Bears!?), fighting at the rim of the galaxy, and their "mixed heritage" is just part of their mystery and rumors and stuff. We'll see then.

The general agreement is that vlka successors are a no-go, in a gradient from "perhaps a few Bears whose gene-markers are weird" to "why did we pick the most polarizing canon legion as one of our lost in the first place?". Strangely enough, only the wolves seem to get these attempts at being revived. I think I may have thrown an idea of suzerainists unfreezing a few Sons, but that never went anywhere.

@Raktra: Any clarification on what form the commission will take? Single piece or series?

And seeing as his original portrait of Horus is him in full on evil mode, I think villain Icarion would be a good choice.

I also think we should give him some artistic license when doing them, I.e. whereas my drawings I try to match to you guys' descriptions in the most detailed way I can, I'd like to see more of his interpretation of our Primarchs. To me, one of the coolest things about the Primarchs is how open to interpretation they are, so personally I would leave him some leeway with how he chooses to depict them.