I confess I'm not sure where exactly this is going. Came back from work, had a free moment, and was surprised to see a bunch of replies on a half-baked idea for an alternate universe.

But, who am I to stand between hobbyists and their passions?

So, here's the 'Lost Brotherhood' universe. Instead of the traditional 18 known legions, the Emperor has been given the strange fate of having legions only from the ranks of B&C's the Lost and Forgotten. I know we have roughly 10-11 legions. If anyone has a Missing Legion somewhere hidden in your past, feel free to post it.

Also, apparently, a few eager members have already grabbed legion numbers. Here's what we have so far.

And, if I may make a suggestion? I believe the Lightning Bearers should deserve the title of the First Legion.

As for my Halcyon Wardens, I call Fifth Legion.

Legionnaires

Nominally Loyalist:
Alexandros Darshan VonSalim (Psyker, Shield-master, Diplomat, Friendly, Pro-xeno)
Niklaas (Muggle, Siege/Stealth Ops, Craftsman, Snarky, Anti-Xeno)
Hectarion Mycenor (Muggle, Berserker, All-Rounder, Calculating, Anti-Xeno)
Azus (Muggle, Ninja, Saboteur, Bipolar-sanity, Anti-Xeno)
Daer'dd Niimkiika (Muggle, Heavy Assaults, Master Smith, Boisterous, Anti-Xeno)
Yuchau (Muggle, Fleetmaster, Air Superiority, Fanatic, Anti-Xeno)
Pionus Santor (Muggle, Apothecaries, Support Ops, Chaotic Good, Anti-Xeno)

Nominally Traitor:
Alexos Travier (Psyker, Raider, Scientist, Unstable, Anti-Xeno)
Icarion Stormborn (Psyker, Divination-Master, Martial Artist, Mystical, Anti-Xeno)
Raktra (Muggle, Raider, Opportunist, aggressive, Anti-Xeno)
Koschei (Pariah, Anti-psyker, Resilient, Idealist, Pro-Xeno)
K'awil Pakal (Pariah, Raider, Psy-warfare, Cranky, Anti-Xeno)

Sorrowsworn Morro (Muggle, Oceanic Warfare, Geneticist, Focused, Anti-Xeno)

Nominally Revolutionaries:
Jade General (Pariah, Medical Experts, Martial Artists, Aloof, Anti-Xeno)
Kozja Darzalas (Muggle, Heavy Infantry, Aspiring Royalty, Haughty, Anti-Xeno)

Nomus (Muggle, ???)

Nominally Neutral/Renegade:
Gwalchavad (Pariah, Ranged Warfare, Martial Artist, Peacekeeper, Pro-Xeno)

Andezo Samedi (???)

Primarch Discovery List:
1st- Icarion                         [805.M30]
2nd - Alexandro                 [829.M30]
3rd - Leman Russ              [847.M30]

4th - Daer'dd                      [855.M30]
5th - Niklaas                       [863.M30]

6th - Kozja                          [871.M30]
7th - Pionus                        [872.M30]
8th - Nomus                        [887.M30]
9th - Hectarion                    [888.M30]
10th - Morro                        [894.M30]
11th - Koschei                     [900.M30]
12th - Alexos                       [902.M30]
13th - Azus                          [909.M30]
14th - Andezo Samedi         [914.M30]
15th - Gwalchavad              [917.M30]
16th - Raktra                       [917.M30]
17th - Yuchau                     [933.M30]
18th - K'awil                        [947.M30]
19th - Magnus                    [966.M30]
20th - Jade General           [974.M30]

The Vizenko Prosecution
Pro-Genetics
Kozja (Wants to create the One True Legion)
Jade General (Wants to create Pariahs)
Alexos Travier (Cloning Marines)
Sorrowsworn Morro (Improve Astartes)
Raktra (Better Astartes)

Neutral/Undecided
Koschei

Pro-Purity
THE EMPEROR!
Alexandros VonSalim
Pionus Santor 
Daer'dd Niimkiika
Hectarion Mycenor
Azus

Legion Sizes

Lightning Bearers: 250,000 (?) [Traitor]

Halycon Wardens: 240,000 [Loyalist]
Eagle Warriors: 187,000 [Traitor]

Crimson Lions: 180,000 - 200,000 [Loyalist]
Scions Hospitiliar: 150-170,000. [Loyalist]

Godslayers: 163,000 [Traitor]

Warbringers: 160,000 [Revolutionary]

Iron Bears: 160,000 [Loyalist]

Wardens of Light: 157,000 [Neutral]

Fire Keepers: 150,000 [Loyalist]

The Drowned: 140,000 [Revolutionary]

Predators: 130,000 [Renegade]

Dune Serpents: 97,000 [Loyalist]

Void Eagles: 92,000 [Loyalist]
Jade Legion: 30,000 [Revoultionary]

Grave Stalkers: 10,000 [Traitor]

Berserkers of Uran: ???

Emperor returns to Terra: 000.M31
Date of the Day of Revelation: 031.M31

Icarion's Defeat: 058.M31

Edited by simison

Okay first of, I am already loving this

second of, YES, lightning bearers should be legion nr. 1

in another thing:

Could my Alexos from the eagle warriors be the arch traitor? He becomes a deamon lord at one point... hehe..pleeease?

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108

Seconding on both suggestions, especially Arthrawes' legion being the First. Where would we be without him, really? Either that, or having the Lighning Bearers be the definitive Second Legion. He deserves either.

Calling IV and IX for the Dawn Bearers/Void Eagles and the Warbringers respectively.

If you're looking for additional Legions, then I've been working on some ideas in my spare time. My two Lost and Forgotten Legions are called the Grave Stalkers and the Scions of the Abyss. And I guess I'll call dibs on the numerals XV and XX respectively.

I updated the list. Squig, you're homework is names for your legions. Everyone else who has claimed a legion number, I need two things. One, Primarch's personality and are they Loyalist or Traitor? Two, legion specialties.

Once we have that, we'll start working on the timeline and origin stories for our version of the Heresy. (I already have two possible theories offered to me, so we're already making ground there.) And, we'll need to figure out who's discovered when.

Eagle warriors primarch Alexos: Traitor all the way, was tortured more then 10k hours by the emperor before he finnaly broke and give up his old ways of believing in the gods of chaos (or the Atekis gods like he calls them), he is crazed and kinda dreamy. he is also a mad scientist, at some point in my story creating cloned marines, while not a 100% reliable, they are still useable

Crimson lions primarch Hectarion: Loyalist, kind of a berzekrer, but also a very calculating person

I'll need help deciding on a name, but I can do Primarch personality, etc.

Azus (XI) when not going mad is loyalist, and a generally decent guy, with similarities to Russ.  After his geneseed flaw is triggered by ...somebody... he becomes unpredictable in the extreme.  In my version of events he disappears himself before he can do proper harm, and as such never actually betrays the emperor; however, he could easily not have had that moment of lucidity where he sees what he has become.  He is based on Fortune

Koschei (II) is wise, insightful and an idealist.  He follows the path he thinks his right, even if it means disobeying the Emperor.  As such, when he turns 'traitor' in my version of events, he does not percieve himself as rebelling, but having had his guidance misunderstood as treachery.  He is based on The High Priestess.

Apologies for the threadjacking!

Raktra: I'm not sure on Loyalist or Traitor. I'm thinking still traitor, as part of his censorship in the regular Heresy universe was his habit of taking matters into his own hands and attacking other Legions/Primarchs for fun. Definitely and instigator.

Personality: total bastard, really. Pointlessly aggressive, blunt, dismissive and paranoid. Basically the Minotaurs chapter in 30k.

Squig, you're fine. So long as the post pertains to the this universe, it's good.

Also, it's been suggested to me that we should move this thread to the Special Projects forum.

I updated the list. Squig, you're homework is names for your legions. Everyone else who has claimed a legion number, I need two things. One, Primarch's personality and are they Loyalist or Traitor? Two, legion specialties.

Once we have that, we'll start working on the timeline and origin stories for our version of the Heresy. (I already have two possible theories offered to me, so we're already making ground there.) And, we'll need to figure out who's discovered when.

The Grave Stalkers

Allegiance: Nominally Traitor

Observed Strategic Tendencies: Hit & Fade, Psychological Warfare, Counter-Psyker Operations

Primogenitor: K'awil Pakal

K'awil is taciturn and insular, he has a very pessimistic view of humanity. He cannot bond with his brothers or father due to his nature (Pariah) and the torments that were inflicted upon him by the people of the planet he was found upon. He wasn't found by his father, but rather by one of his brothers and has never been allowed into the Emperor's presence furthering the gap between him and his fellow Primarchs. He favours hit and run tactics and psychological warfare to achieve his means and his Legion is careful to always leave a single survivor of their attacks to spread the fear amongst their enemies.

The Scions of the Abyss

Allegiance: Loyalist

Observed Strategic Tendencies: Fleet Warfare, Surgical Orbital Bombardments, Precision Teleporter Strikes

Primogenitor: Mearann

Mearann is all about precision application of force to achieve his goals. Every engagement is planned to the last with contingencies built on contingencies to allow for flexibility upon contact with the enemy. Multiple units working in conjunction to apply strength to the enemy's weakest points yet remaining mobile enough to withdraw in an orderly manner from strongpoints. He gets on well with those brothers who are also more cerebral than physical and less well with those who resort to brute strength and stubbornness to win.

Edited by Grifftofer

Iron Bears Primarch: Daer'dd Niimkiikaa, Loyalist. Daer'dd is loyal to a fault, he only ever takes orders from the Emperor or Malcador. He's a highly intelligent brute, a master smith obsessed with physics, and arguably the physically strongest and largest amongst his brothers, though with his size and strength he finds himself the slowest of Primarchs. He sees battle as an art and a joy, his laughter and challenging roars can be heard across the battlefield. He sees his legion as an armour for humanity and risks his legion and himself to protect imperial citizens.

The Iron Bears legion fights much in the same manner as their father, massed armoured assaults of Land Raiders, Spartans, and Mastodons supported at close by Vindicators, the assault is meant to conquer, separate, and push enemy movements into predetermined locations where massed Basilisk and Whirlwind fire will pulverize the enemy or push them forward into the phalanx of disembarked Iron Bears.

The Iron Bears specialize in close quarter assaults and boarding actions, Armoured assaults, shield work, and long range artillery strikes. They find themselves at a disadvantage in midrange and small arms combat. The Iron Bears preferred weapons are Axes/Tomahawks, and plasma weaponry.

Demus Ragnok, you and I have very similar ideas for our legions. Mine is roughly based on the Anishinaabeg Native American tribes and clans, and the precolonial fur traders of Northern Michigan.

Are you going loyalist or traitor?

Mayhaps our Primarchs our could have a bit of a friendly brother rivalry like Ferrus and Vulkan at the forge?

IV - The Void Eagles

Allegiance: Fedelitas Constantus

Observed Strategic Tendencies: Stellar and aerial superiority, boarding operations, area denial

Cognomen: (Prior) The Dawn Bringers

Primogenitor: Yucahu

Yucahu, being found in the later days of the Great Crusade, met the Imperium near the apex of its glory, a sight which would remain to him what the Imperium stood for. A mistaken sight. When given command of his legion, he sought to mold it in the shape of this glory: an Eagle, hunting its preys into the highest skies and the furthest reaches of the galaxy, never setting foot on a world unless to conquer it and claim it in the Emperor's name. He is a fanatic who sees conquest as an end in itself, and not the underlying Human Manifest Destiny; he is an Admiral who knows no brotherhood with his warriors, only hierarchy and command. He sees only the "hows" of the Imperium, not the "whys"; and would never dare question either.

IX - The Warbringers

Allegiance: Traitoris Perdita

Observed Strategic Tendencies: Heavy infantry assault, gun-line advances, coordination of Auxilia troops

Cognomen: (Prior) None officially recognized. "The Tide" - informal.

Primogenitor: Kozja Darzalas

Kozja is a haughty figure, full of pride for his legion and hosts. In his mind, the Primarchs should rule Mankind as its princes, and the Astartes lead it by example as a war-forged nobility. He regards the common man as merely a subject to be ruled over, or as a soldier to be led to victory. His warriors however he values over all, seeing each one as a master-crafted weapon, a paragon of flesh. His tactics reflect that state of mind, an overwhelming wave showing the enemies of the Imperium the full glory of the Warbringers, and his Geno-regiments what they should aspire to. Yet he knows they could be much more, that the Emperor left some parts of the Astartes Project unfinished, that geneseed could be modified to the perfection Astartes deserve... imagine Fulgrim if he had taken Fabius Bile as an adviser.

Demus Ragnok, you and I have very similar ideas for our legions. Mine is roughly based on the Anishinaabeg Native American tribes and clans, and the precolonial fur traders of Northern Michigan.

Are you going loyalist or traitor?

Mayhaps our Primarchs our could have a bit of a friendly brother rivalry like Ferrus and Vulkan at the forge?

Loyalist.

Alright, I've updated the names of Squig's legions and have added Hesh's (Welcome aboard!). 

And I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion. Do we want to make our missing legions two of the canon legions?