IL VIII - The Godslayers (thread 1)

Big Bad Squig

'He was too good a man to lead a legion, and too driven a man to let the opportunity slip through his fingers'   Leman Russ

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=827D7D&bpj=827D7D&bp=827D7D&bpc=827D7D&hdt=827D7D&hdm=827D7D&hdl=827D7D&ey=FA6969&er=FFFFFF&pi=FFFFFF&nk=827D7D&ch=827D7D&eg=EBBF73&sk=EBBF73&abs=827D7D&bt=000000&cod=827D7D&ull=827D7D&lk=827D7D&lll=827D7D&lft=827D7D&url=827D7D&rk=827D7D&lrl=827D7D&rft=827D7D&slt=827D7D&sli=FF7700&srt=827D7D&sri=FF7700&ula=827D7D&lel=FF7700&lla=FF7700&lw=FF7700&lh=FF7700&ura=827D7D&rel=FF7700&rla=FF7700&rw=FF7700&rh=FF7700&bg=FFFFFF&rb=BDBDBD&gr=FFFFFF&wg=true&be=BBBBCC&mk6=true&slips=CC0000&mk6kn=true&lkr2=FFFFFF&bpr=000000&pfr=000000&/spacemarine.jpg

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=FF7700&bpj=FF7700&bp=FF7700&bpc=FF7700&hdt=FF7700&hdm=FF7700&hdl=FF7700&ey=F58282&er=FFFFFF&pi=B5B5B5&nk=FF7700&ch=FF7700&eg=737373&sk=737373&abs=FF7700&bt=737373&cod=FF7700&ull=FF7700&lk=FF7700&lll=FF7700&lft=FF7700&url=FF7700&rk=FF7700&lrl=FF7700&rft=FF7700&slt=737373&sli=FF7700&srt=737373&sri=FF7700&ula=FF7700&lel=737373&lla=FF7700&lw=737373&lh=FF7700&ura=FF7700&rel=737373&rla=FF7700&rw=737373&rh=FF7700&bg=FFFFFF&rb=B5B5B5&gr=B5B5B5&wg=true&be=737373&mk6=true&chps=CC0000&slips=CC0000&veti=FFFFFF&mk6kn=true&lkr2=FFFFFF&pp=000000&pws=true&/spacemarine.jpg

The Godslayers, my Second Legion.  You may recognise me from my other thread, from which the basis of this legion is drawn.  For those of you who have no idea what I am on about, here are some introductory rules:

Legion-specific rules:

Legiones Astartes:  Godslayers:

Adamantium will. Additionally, if the army's warlord is killed, the entire army gains Feel No Pain (6+) and may re-roll one dice when making morale, fear or pinning tests.

Piercing blow:  Ignores armour saves on to Wound rolls of 5+

Rite Of War:  Liberation Force

Effects:

·         Free the People: All units gain Crusader if within 12” of the armies warlord

·         Fell the Elite: All Elites and HQs gain preferred enemy (Elites, HQs)

Limitations:

·         All units have -1 initiative when making sweeping advances rolls after having lost a combat

·         No units may voluntarily fail morale tests

·         May not take Seeker squads or Vigilator Consuls

Rite Of War:  Survivors (this one comes into play during the fall of the legion... you'll see what I mean)

Effects:

·         Hold the Line:  All units gain Preferred Enemy (any enemies within 18” of the friendly table edge)

·         No Retreat: All units gain stubborn when at over 50% of their original model count

·         No Quarter: All units gain +1 to existing FnP saves, or a 6+ FnP save if none exists

Limitations:

·         Must have more Survivor squads and/or Survivor Terminator squads than other units

·         May not take dedicated transports

·         May not take any Superheavies

·         No units may voluntarily fail morale tests

·         May not take an allied detatchment

Koschei Kharkovic – 415 pts

Primarch of the Godslayers, The Dreamer, The Light in the Darkness

WS: 7   BS: 5   S: 6   T: 6   W: 6   I: 6   A: 4   Ld: 10   Sv: 2+

Unit Composition:

·         1 (Unique)

Unit Type:

·         Infantry (Character)

Wargear:

·         The Black Mantle

·         God’s Hand

·         Blade of the Pariah

·         Frag, krak and psyk-out grenades

Special Rules:

·         Primarch

·         Preferred Enemy (psykers)

·         Sire of the Godslayers

·         Bulky

·         Psychic Suppressant

Warlord Trait:

·         Inspiring Presence

God’s Hand:  RNG: -   S: x2   AP: 1   Melee, Unwieldy, Concussive

Blade of the Pariah:  RNG: -   S: User   AP: 3   Melee, Murderous Strike, Piercing Blow, Psy-bane

Psy-bane:  Gains the Instant Death special rule when targeting a psyker.

The Black Mantle:  2+ armour save, 4+ invulnerable save, Aegis

Aegis:  Destroyer weapons suffer a -1 modifier on the Destroyer chart when targeting Koschei.

Sire of the Godslayers:  Feel No Pain.  All friendly models with Legiones Astartes (Godslayers) gain Feel No Pain (6+). If Koschei is slain, all friendly models with Legiones Astartes (Godslayers) gain Feel No Pain and Fearless.

Psychic Suppressant: All blessing and maledictions within 6" inches immediately cease to effect. All psykers within 6" inches suffer -2 leadership. He and his unit may not be targeted by any psychic powers, and he grants all units fully within 6 inches +2 to Deny the Witch rolls.

Edited by Lord Thørn

And some introductory background:

Primarch:  Koschei Kharkovic

Legion:  II

Homeworld:  Zbruch

Favoured Tactics:  Anti-psyker assaults, terminating enemy command, sledgehammer blow.

History:  The Primarch's pod arrives on a planet ruled by very few wealthy individuals, while the rest of the population live in abject poverty and starve.  Even among the poor family he finds himself adopted by he is shunned due to his peculiar complexion, strange size and the feeling of unease people get when around him.  One day, by chance, a nobleman encounters the Primarch (still a young boy) and brings him into the courts as a 'new attraction', as it were.  Although he is only young, the Primarch has been taught to hate the aristocracy by his family.  He seizes on this oppurtunity to change his world for the better.  He weasels his way into the ranks of the noblemen until he comes into contact with the king.  One night, the king invites him to his chambers to discuss matters of importance.  While he is not looking, the Primarch stabs the king in the back with his own dagger, and wreaks havoc in the courts.  Those nobles that do not flee are killed.  Some try to raise armies, but the soldiers refuse to fight, instead falling under the command of the Primarch.  The Primarch preaches a message of equality, saying that never again should the world be ruled by heartless aristocracy.  Then the Emperor arrives.

When the ships land, the Primarch and his people come to meet the offlanders.  They ask what they are doing here.  When the Emperor asks the Primarch to swear allegiance to him in exchange for the II legion, the Primarch attacks him, saying that he owes allegiance to none.  The Emperor and his Custodes bodyguards try to restrain him, but the Primarch tears through them to reach the Emperor, who finds he is powerless against the blank.  He is defeated completely, and is only saved from death by the arrival of another fifty or so Custodes.

Once the Primarch has calmed down, the Emperor and Horus persuade him to align with them for the good of humanity, saying that all across the galaxy humans are being oppressed under cruel xenos rulers, like he was on his world.  He reluctantly agrees, but once he sees what Horus and the Emperor have said is true, he and his legion fight with surprising vigour.  As the crusade progresses, however, the Primarch and his legion begin to see that they are becoming the tyrants they are fighting to destroy.  They return to their world to contemplate what to do next.

The Emperor hears of this, and sends the Space wolves and the eleventh legion to talk to the Primarch and attempt to bring him back under his control.  Leman Russ finds him reinforcing his citadel on the edge of a mountain.  The Primarch says he believes humanity is not superior to xenos, and wants the Imperium to adopt a more peaceful approach.  Russ tells him that they were not sent to attack him, only to reason with him.  At this point, the Primarch of the eleventh finds the citadel.  He is enraged by this perceived betrayal, and draws his weapon on the Primarch of the second.  The second surrenders, saying he does not want to fight any longer, to which the eleventh responds by throwing him from the side of the mountain.  When asked about it later, the eleventh says he has no recollection of the event, and the Emperor orders it deleted from records to preserve both his sons' reputations.

Edited by Big Bad Squig

I'm liking this quite a bit good sir!!! Will have you some models painted up soon?

Ninja'd me!  I have a test model - but he ain't too purdy!  I am currently converting models using Gawain Veteris' tutorials; once I have them built you will most certainly see models.  I estimate Saturday at the latest.  For being so fast, here's some fluff.  The death of the Dreamer:

Atop the mountain, they continued to talk, the wind blasting away words here and there as the storm continued to rage.

“Do you see, Leman?  Do you understand why this cannot continue?”

“Understand is a little far, brother.  But I will call off the wolves.  Speak to our father; he will see that sending an army to your front door is not the solution.”

Azus announced his presence with a cough, hand hovering over his rifle.  The other two stopped talking, Koschei rising to his feet.  Azus flicked the rifle from its holster.

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Leman scoffed.

“You don’t seem yourself,” Koschei said, retreating towards the edge of the mountaintop platform.  Azus cocked the rifle, baring his teeth.

“We needn’t fight any more, brother.  It’s over.”  Koschei opened his arms.  “Put the gun down.”

The sky darkened.  Cracks of lightning lit up the skies as the winds swept over the surface of the world. 

Azus lowered the rifle, the storm ceased for a moment, and he fell into Koschei’s embrace.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean…” he said, stopping as the winds began to swirl again.  They flew closer and closer to the Primarch, diving past his face, and whispering to him inaudibly.  Koschei’s knife glinted in the light.  The winds started to press themselves up against him, their voices growing in volume.  Azus’ grip tightened.  He could hear them now, screaming.  The sound was all around him, the sound of a hundred thousand voices screeching ‘BETRAYER!  BETRAYER!  BETRAYER!  BETRAYER!’.  Azus’s left hand reached down.  He felt his vision blurring and he suddenly became burning hot.  The voices were louder now, the loudest – he realised – was his own, gargling and howling ‘BETRAYER!’ into the wind and rain.

“BETRAYER!”

He clutched the knife.

“BETRAYER!”

He plunged it Koschei’s back.

“BETRAYER!”

And with one swift movement, he planted his foot on the Primarch’s chest, and kicked him over the edge.  Koschei only had time to ask ‘Brother?’ before he teetered over and tumbled through a layer of cloud.

Disengaging his narthecium, a space marine dressed in apothecary colours looked to the sound of screaming coming from above him.  He sidestepped, dodging the falling, bloodied mass of grey and gold.  The great Koschei Kharkovic himself, he thought, So glad to finally meet you.  It would seem things were going to plan.

Karl Volkov – 220 pts

First Captain of the Second

WS: 7   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 4   I: 5   A: 4   Ld: 10   Sv: 2+

Unit Composition:

·         1 (Unique)

Unit Type:

Wargear:

·         Cataphractii Terminator Armour

·         Volkite charger

·         God-killer Glaive

Special Rules:

·         Independent Character

·         Legiones Astartes (Godslayers)

·         Eternal Warrior

·         Master of the Legion

·         Feel No Pain

·         Fearless

·         Furious charge

Warlord Trait:

·         Bloody Handed

God-killer Glaive:  RNG: -   S: +1   AP: 3   Melee, Murderous Strike, Piercing Blow, Deflagrate  

Edited by Big Bad Squig

Just a simple Siege Breaker wearing MK III.  Until plastic heresy models come out most of these will be converted - I will make exceptions for stuff like Cataphractii.  The standard will also likely improve, as these are the first attempts at doing large scale GS work.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/demarcs/S1330002_zps25ecf19p.jpg?t=1438876213

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/demarcs/S1330003_zps3milvzyr.jpg?t=1438876221

He will hopefully get some paint later today

Edited by Big Bad Squig

I'm liking this quite a bit good sir!!! Will have you some models painted up soon?

Ninja'd me! I have a test model - but he ain't too purdy! I am currently converting models using Gawain Veteris' tutorials; once I have them built you will most certainly see models. I estimate Saturday at the latest. For being so fast, here's some fluff. The death of the Dreamer:

Atop the mountain, they continued to talk, the wind blasting away words here and there as the storm continued to rage.

“Do you see, Leman? Do you understand why this cannot continue?”

“Understand is a little far, brother. But I will call off the wolves. Speak to our father; he will see that sending an army to your front door is not the solution.”

Azus announced his presence with a cough, hand hovering over his rifle. The other two stopped talking, Koschei rising to his feet. Azus flicked the rifle from its holster.

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Leman scoffed.

“You don’t seem yourself,” Koschei said, retreating towards the edge of the mountaintop platform. Azus cocked the rifle, baring his teeth.

“We needn’t fight any more, brother. It’s over.” Koschei opened his arms. “Put the gun down.”

The sky darkened. Cracks of lightning lit up the skies as the winds swept over the surface of the world.

Azus lowered the rifle, the storm ceased for a moment, and he fell into Koschei’s embrace.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean…” he said, stopping as the winds began to swirl again. They flew closer and closer to the Primarch, diving past his face, and whispering to him inaudibly. Koschei’s knife glinted in the light. The winds started to press themselves up against him, their voices growing in volume. Azus’ grip tightened. He could hear them now, screaming. The sound was all around him, the sound of a hundred thousand voices screeching ‘BETRAYER! BETRAYER! BETRAYER! BETRAYER!’. Azus’s left hand reached down. He felt his vision blurring and he suddenly became burning hot. The voices were louder now, the loudest – he realised – was his own, gargling and howling ‘BETRAYER!’ into the wind and rain.

“BETRAYER!”

He clutched the knife.

“BETRAYER!”

He plunged it Koschei’s back.

“BETRAYER!”

And with one swift movement, he planted his foot on the Primarch’s chest, and kicked him over the edge. Koschei only had time to ask ‘Brother?’ before he teetered over and tumbled through a layer of cloud.

Disengaging his narthecium, a space marine dressed in apothecary colours looked to the sound of screaming coming from above him. He sidestepped, dodging the falling, bloodied mass of grey and gold. The great Koschei Kharkovic himself, he thought, So glad to finally meet you. It would seem things were going to plan.

Wow... very mean way to kill him off. Not very glorious.

Seige breaker incoming:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/demarcs/S1340003_zpso2yfkosy.jpg?t=1438934851

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/demarcs/S1340004_zps20u8k0n5.jpg?t=1438934800

He's okay, but I might repaint him to get him to a better standard as I painted him very very late last night and he is really just a tester.

At least he's not this:

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Crimson_Fist_Captain_Cortez.gif

'No respite!  No quarter!  We fight to our last breath!  We fight for survival!  We fight for the tears of the Primarch!'  - Karl Volkov

Survivor Squad – 60 pts

Survivor                   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 1   Ld: 8   Sv: 4+

Survivor Sergeant  WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 9   Sv: 4+

Unit Composition:

·         4 Survivors

·         1 Survivor Sergeant

Unit Type:

·         Survivor – Infantry

·         Survivor Sergeant – Infantry (Character)

Wargear:

·         Compromised power armour

·         Bolt pistol

Special Rules:

·         Stubborn

·         Feel no Pain (6+)

Options:

·         The Survivor Squad may take:

o   Up to fifteen additional Survivors ………………….. 9 pts per model

·         Any model may take a combat blade …………………………. 2 pts

·         For every four models in the squad, one Survivor may take one of the following:

o   Lascutter ……………………………………………………….. 5 pts

o   Heavy chainsword …………………………………………. 5 pts

o   Melta bombs …………………………………………………. 5 pts

o   Bolter …………………………….………………………………. 2 pts

·         The Survivor Sergeant may take for one of the following:

o   Lascutter …………………………................................ 5 pts

o   One breaching charge ..…………………………………. 10 pts

·         The Survivor Sergeant may take a bolter ……………………. 2 pts

·         The Survivor Sergeant may upgrade to power armour .. 5 pts

Compromised power armour:  4+ armour save

Survivor Terminator Squad – 90 pts

Survivor                   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 8   Sv: 3+

Survivor Sergeant  WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 3   Ld: 9   Sv: 3+

Unit Composition:

·         2 Survivor Terminators

·         1 Survivor Terminator Sergeant

Unit Type:

·         Survivor Terminator – Infantry

·         Survivor Terminator Sergeant – Infantry (Character)

Wargear:

·         Compromised terminator armour

·         Bolter

Special Rules:

·         Stubborn

·         Feel no Pain (6+)

Options:

·         The Survivor Terminator Squad may take:

o   Up to seven additional Survivor Terminators ………………….. 25 pts per model

·         All models may exchange to compromised Cataphractii armour .. Free

·         Any Survivor Terminator may take one of the following:

o   Lascutter ……………………………………………………….. 5 pts

o   Power fist …………………………………………………….... 20 pts

o   Lightning claw ……………………………………………….. 15 pts

o   Power weapon ………………………………………………. 10 pts

·         Any model may replace their bolter with one of the following:

o   Combi-bolter …………………………………………………. 2 pts

o   Volkite charger ………………………………………………. 10 pts

·         The Survivor Terminator Sergeant may take for one of the following:

o   Lascutter …………………………................................ 5 pts

o   One breaching charge ..…………………………………. 10 pts

o   Power fist …………………………………………………….... 20 pts

o   Lightning claw ……………………………………………….. 20 pts

o   Power weapon ………………………………………………. 15 pts

Compromised terminator armour:  3+ armour save, 6+ invulnerable save.  A model in compromised terminator armour has the Relentless and Bulky special rules, and is not able to make Sweeping Advance moves in combat. They also may not be transported in Rhino APCs.

Compromised Cataphractii armour:  3+ armour save, 5+ invulnerable save.  A model in compromised terminator armour has the Slow and Purposeful and Bulky special rules, and is not able to make Sweeping Advance moves in combat. They also may not be transported in Rhino APCs

These are the squads referenced in the RoW FYI

Edited by Big Bad Squig

Thanks for that, I was getting a bit disheartened looking at their quality compared to my other non-human armies (I always seem to struggle with Marines, for some reason).  But my motto is, if at first you don't succeed, fiddle around with irritating green devilspawn for a while until you realise that painting is the least of your problems http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/msn-wink.gif .  Anyway, to ward off my irritation I have sent in Koschei to pummel some chaos-worshipping nasties, following simison's model for the duels.  Here is the result:

Koschei Kharkovic VS Lorgar Aurelian:

Round 1

The glint of Lorgar's armour announced his presence from far away.  Pushing his way through his bodyguards, Koschei stepped forward to meet his brother.

"Unbeliever!  Heretic!  I will visit upon you the judgement of the Emperor!"  The Aurelian roared, loping forwards with his mace raised.

Lorgar - advances 1 inch

"Stop this, brother.  We can still put an end to this peacefully."  Koschei replied, marching forwards, stopping only as rounds from Lorgar's pistol glanced off his armour.

Koschei – advances 6 inches, fails charge

Round 2

"I see now why they call you the dreamer, brother."  He raised his hand, conjuring up seething balls of flame.  Just as calmly, Koschei narrowed his eyes, and the flames dissipated.

"Fool!" Koschei said, "Have you learnt nothing?  Your magicks have no effect upon me."

"True," the Aurelian replied.  "But this does."  He brought the Illuminarium up in an arc to impact the side of the Primarch's skull.  Spitting great clumps of blood and teeth, Koschei took hold of the mace's head and hammered his fist into Lorgar's breastplate, relishing the sound of cracking metal.  

Lorgar – advances, shoots, does no wounds, charges, does one wound (concussion), takes one wound from god’s hand (concussion)

Lorgar staggered backwards, clutching his chest, eyes glazed.  

"Brother?" Koschei asked, walking over to help him back up.  "Are you alright?"

Lorgar reached for his brother's hand, pulling himself up, breathing heavily.  Yet, as soon as he was back on his feet, he swung again, catching the Dreamer in the kneecap.

Koschei – takes one wound (concussion)

Round 3

"AAARGH!" Koschei spat.  "You treacherous bastard!"

"Shut up," Lorgar hissed back, bringing the Illuminarium down on the Primarch's head once more.  He felt his own wound knitting back together.  He took a break from his assault to smile smugly.  This would prove to be a costly mistake.  Within a moment, Lorgar felt himself hurtling through the air, his vision darkening and the sharp bite of pain covering his body.

Lorgar – heals one wound, does one wound (concussion), takes one wound from god’s hand (concussion)

Lorgar landed with a thump, raising his pistol and firing off multiple rounds at Koschei's head.  One caught him right in the eye, but within seconds the wound had healed completely.

"You really are a lost cause, aren't you?" Koschei said, raising his power fist over his head.

"Stop!  Please!" Lorgar said, his face dripping with blood.

"You had you chance, brother.  I'll make this quick."

THUMP

THUMP

THUMP

THUMP

The Aurelian was dead.

Koschei – takes one wound, heals one wound, does four wounds with god’s hand

Never really liked Lorgar anyway...

Good work with this brother. That bout seemed particularly one sided, but I doubt that was the intention. I've also got to start testing out Jackel against some of the other Primarchs. Keep it up!

It was designed to show what Koschei could do to psykers, although the rolls were quite unexpected.  Not that I'm disappointed!

Hello. Finally got a chance to read through this properly :)

I like the look of Koschei, but wondering about two of his special rules. Specifically Psychic Suppressant and the Piercing Blow on his sword. Also Primarchs don't usually have Warlord Traits so I suggest that you either incorporate the rules of the one he has into his Sire of the Godslayers ability or make a specific special rule that gives him that Warlord Trait. Interestingly I also think that he may be undercosted. My read of him as stands (without knowing the two rules mentioned above) would put him at roughly 380-400ish points. His stats are fairly average, his weapons reasonable and though he gives a nice Legion boost, it's full effects only kick in if he dies. I may reconsider after knowing the other rules, but that is my summary for now.

Karl Volkov seems pretty well balanced too, I wouldn't put him in the same league as Sigismund, but he does alright. Particularly because of the extra wound and Eternal Warrior. I'd drop 5-10 points off him because he isn't Sigismund and gets much less in the way of special rules. Though again Piercing Blow may factor into this.

The Power armoured survivors I thought that I wouldn't like, they seemed too cheap at first glance. I think that they need a small points increase due to having FNP and Stubborn, but only to make the Squad ~60-65 points and maybe each marine extra about 9 points.

The Terminator survivors look good, but I would consider reducing the points on the close combat upgrades by around 5 points each (except the lascutter) to make them in-line with the points costs for other single wound models (veterans and command squad). Also remove the melta-bombs options as Terminators are not well known for their manual dexterity.

That's all I have. I really like where these guys are going and hope to see the rest of your rules soon.

And, another model is in the works...

Maksim Babichev – 120 pts

Survivor, Zbruch’s Vengeance

WS: 6   BS: 5   S: 4   T: 5   W: 2   I: 5   A: 3   Ld: 10   Sv: 4+

Unit Composition:

·         1 (Unique)

Unit Type:

Wargear:

·         Compromised power armour

·         Bolter

·         Bolt pistol

·         Refractor field

·         One breaching charge

·         Snakebiter

Special Rules:

·         Independent Character

·         Feel No Pain

·         Stubborn

·         Survive At All Costs

Warlord Trait:

·         Paladin of Glory

Snakebiter:  RNG: -   S: +1   AP: -   Melee, Piercing Blow

Survive At All Costs:  When resolving wounds with the Instant Death special rule, roll a D6.  On a 4+, Maksim is treated as having the Eternal Warrior special rule.  Additionaly, when fighting in a challenge, Maksim may re-roll all failed to hit and wounds rolls of 1. 

Edited by Big Bad Squig

Hello. Finally got a chance to read through this properly http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

I like the look of Koschei, but wondering about two of his special rules. Specifically Psychic Suppressant and the Piercing Blow on his sword. Also Primarchs don't usually have Warlord Traits so I suggest that you either incorporate the rules of the one he has into his Sire of the Godslayers ability or make a specific special rule that gives him that Warlord Trait. Interestingly I also think that he may be undercosted. My read of him as stands (without knowing the two rules mentioned above) would put him at roughly 380-400ish points. His stats are fairly average, his weapons reasonable and though he gives a nice Legion boost, it's full effects only kick in if he dies. I may reconsider after knowing the other rules, but that is my summary for now.

Sorry, only just realised that I didn't copy the whole of Koschei's rules from word.  Fixed now

EDIT: Here they are as well for ease of access:

Piercing blow (a legion specific rule):  Ignores armour saves on to Wound rolls of 5+

Psychic Suppressant: All blessing, maledictions and vortexes within 6" inches immediately cease to effect. All psykers within 6" inches suffer -2 leadership. He and his unit may not be targeted by any psychic powers, and he grants all units fully within 6 inches +2 to Deny the Witch rolls.

Edited by Big Bad Squig

Ok. Interesting. Well I now feel the Koschei is worth his points more now as the Suppressant rule is really quite powerful. It's interesting to see that we have come up with similar but distinct ways of representing Pariahs. Yours has greater personal defense against psychic attack and close in bonuses for defending others. Whereas mine has lesser personal defense but his general effect is more widespread and all encompassing.

I still feel that Volkov is a few too many points. Maybe it's wrong to do so, but if you compare him to Sigismund he comes up short in several areas. So I think the 5-10 point discount is justified. This could be because Sigismund is too cheap for his rules, but we have to go with what we've been given as reference.

Maksim Babichev built:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/demarcs/S1370001_zpsdorppeel.jpg?t=1440059113

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/demarcs/S1370003_zpsej1rztax.jpg?t=1440059159

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/demarcs/S1370002_zpsryztoc10.jpg?t=1440059071

And, just for you Simison:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/demarcs/S1370004_zpsame91qb4.jpg?t=1440059125

Guess who!

• 2 weeks later...

And Maksim Babichev gets some paint.  It's difficult to see in the photos, but I have done two tone sponge chipping on the armour, and blood splatter by way of toothbrush sacrifice.  I, for one, consider myself redeemed for the whole Siegebreaker-gate earlier in the thread.  Anyway, here he is.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/demarcs/S1410002_zps011nn4p9.jpg?t=1440781520

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/demarcs/S1410001_zpsu7xsamou.jpg?t=1440781531

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/demarcs/S1410003_zpsznm1twma.jpg?t=1440781543

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/demarcs/c9824e60-ec24-45be-bc4e-887ae1bc6c2c_zpse6thdwp7.jpg

Expect something big soon.  In both of my threads, in fact...

Squig out

Hey ho, nice Theme. I would say free the People is something gwalchavad would also like. WannA be bis friend? ;)

As for the Models: try to thin your paints more, of you paint Orange, i would go for a Black primer ( white ifyou want it to be shiny, bitte always remember, only the Wardens have the imperial Right to bling ;)). Then basecoat it mit mournfang Brown Or snakebite Leather. Then very thin Lasers of Orange. It is Better to paint a Lot of thin Layers, than one thick. You have more Control and it Looks Better.

Part of the deal with the orange is that the only orange I own is Fire Dragon Bright.  Which is the devil in a pot.

That said, I've never tried basecoating in brown, I'll give it a go.  And Koschei always likes new friends, especially ones that don't kick him from cliffs or infect his legion with the zombie plague.  What can I say, he's not the best judge of character.

Zbruch Linebreaker Tank Squadron – 75 pts per model

Zbruch Linebreaker  BS: 4   Front: 13   Side: 11   Rear: 10  HP: 3

Unit Composition:

·         1-3 Zbruch Linebreakers

Unit Type:

·         Zbruch Linebreaker – Vehicle (Tank, Fast)

Wargear:

·         Searchlight

·         Smoke Launchers

·         Quad Heavy Bolter

·         Dozer Blade

Options:

·         Any Zbruch Linebreaker may replace its quad heavy bolter with one of the following:

o   Flamestorm cannon ……. 20 pts

o   Retaliator cannon …..…… 25 pts

·         Any Zbruch Linebreaker may take one of the following additional upgrades:

o   Extra Armour ………………. 10 pts

o   Armoured Ceramite ……. 20 pts

o   Nullfield Projector …….... 30 pts

Retaliator Cannon:  RNG: 24”   S: 2   AP: -   Heavy 16, Twin-linked, Rending, Pinning

Nullfield Projector:  All blessings, maledictions and vortexes within 6" of a model with a Nullfield Projector inches immediately cease to effect.  A model with a Nullfield Projector may not be targeted by any psychic powers, and grants all units fully within 6 inches +1 to Deny the Witch rolls.

Edited by Big Bad Squig