• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice take on the bastion. What's the plan? A bunker? Some modularity planned?

Standard two-tiered bunker whereby there a door comes out the side to the first floor roof and the tower is taller than a Wraithknight.

Doing the door, however, may prove to be tricky. I'm also knocking up a Skyshield Landing Pad for them to use.

• 3 weeks later...

Bastion door

Front

gallery_62972_11196_3714.jpeg

gallery_62972_11196_11365.jpeg

Put a grill on the overhang and packed the howle in the roof with sprue. Will finish with green stuff.

Back (which shows off the packing for the door):

gallery_62972_11196_11407.jpeg

Other than a lamp/security light above the door, it needs something else to finish it. Maybe something to frame the bulkhead door?

I see what you mean, an Aquila or some other icon showing ownership over or beside the door would probably set it off nicely, if you wanted to align it to the Blood angels then the front decoration piece off the Baal predator or the similar bit from the forge world icon set would be perfect.

Edited by Cleon

• 2 weeks later...

Skyshield Landing Pad

"Double" Bastion

Turns out I do get to paint them after all, so they will be my March entry for the 12M Challenge that The Forge is running. I've decided to keep them close to the box art which means Castellan Green basecoat -> Agrax Earthshade wash -> Nurgling Green drybrush. Then all the detail work (just metals and wings).

March

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete 1 x Skyshield Landing Pad, 1 x "double" Bastion to the defense of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_11196_11739.jpeg

To do:
~ Basecoat, wash, drybrush

~ Details (metals and wings basically)

A pennant? A statue? A small shrine?

A plant in a bowl perhaps? :wink:

I see what you mean, an Aquila or some other icon showing ownership over or beside the door would probably set it off nicely, if you wanted to align it to the Blood angels then the front decoration piece off the Baal predator or the similar bit from the forge world icon set would be perfect.

Thanks for the suggestions. I went for just something simple in the end - a bit more sprue on the porch to finish it off (plus greenstuff) and make it look neater, and some sensors on the wall. Unfortunately this is a piece for my gaming group so no Blood Angels decor :dry.:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good :thumbsup:  I like the alcove containing the scripture - nice touch.

Is your plan to make it look like it's concrete/ferrocrete or more like iron? I'm not able to tell precisely from the picture.

Honestly, I'm just attempting to mimic the box art...