• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Scatter Terrain

For July's 12M Challenge entry, I'm going to do the extras for the Bastion(s). They will be painted in the same style and hopefully to the same standard...

12M Challenge - July

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete 2x Icarus lascannons, 2x Comms Array, 2x floor panels to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

Hidden Content

gallery_62972_11196_1136173.jpg

To do:

~ Everything

Edited by Jolemai

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Aegis Defense Line and Imperial Bunker WIP

I realise this thread has been a little bit neglected... So I thought I'd have a go at some scenery this month:

MayI, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete 1x Imperial Bunker, 1x Aegis Defense Line with quad gun, lascannon, Comms array by month's end.

med_gallery_62972_11196_13684.jpeg

To do:

• Build Bunker, lascannon, Comms array
  • Paint all to completion

Unlike the green terrain I did above for my gaming club, I'll be sticking with the grey look I originally started to do as it fits my BA/Imperial bases. Be good to get them finished, finally.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice - the marble effect is very subtle but looks great.

I painted up that little bunker myself - its a fun kit to do (you can see it here, if you are so inclined: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332850-362-bellemonde-penal-legion/?p=5317916 ) Is the bunker itself going to stay that stippled gray colour, or do you have further plans for it?

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Looks nice - the marble effect is very subtle but looks great.

I painted up that little bunker myself - its a fun kit to do (you can see it here, if you are so inclined: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332850-362-bellemonde-penal-legion/?p=5317916 ) Is the bunker itself going to stay that stippled gray colour, or do you have further plans for it?

Cheers, will take a look.

As for the grey Bunker, I'm sticking with the grey. It's the same technique I used on my group's double Bastion and Skyshield (shown earlier in the thread), but with greys as I wanted my Imperial scenery to match my Imperial bases (which are grey).

The gray looks great - it is also often a "midway" colour to base many paint schemes off of, so I wasn't sure if that was its final colour or not. :)  We've had this discussion before, but the colour comes across much greener in some of the other pictures.

Bunker and comms antenna set up look fantastic, Jol!  Nice work on the marble tones on the Imperialis, but I do feel like it could do with some additional small veins across it.  All the detail looks very nice and definitely supports and offsets the functional and battle ready bunker!

Great looking bunker Jole!

And awesome idea for the picture - obviously a death-world :P

Cheers and fortunately, the local xenos was elsewhere!

Bunker and comms antenna set up look fantastic, Jol! Nice work on the marble tones on the Imperialis, but I do feel like it could do with some additional small veins across it. All the detail looks very nice and definitely supports and offsets the functional and battle ready bunker!

Cheers Edited by Jolemai