Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

3rd Bjaha Sur Caballeros

Hyaenidae Imperial Militia Lost my mind

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Armond

Armond

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!  Give me just one iota of that creative blood and I too can do some awesome stuff!   Well done!

• Hyaenidae likes this

Barabbas Sogalon

Barabbas Sogalon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,414 posts
  • Faction: XIV Legion

Wow.

• Hyaenidae likes this

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,374 posts

For some reason I read that as IV, not VI. All the way up until you mentioned the primarch, I had imagined the Hyena as an Iron Warrior. :rolleyes:

Great stuff, brother. :tu:

• Hyaenidae likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,374 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels and Black Legion
The beast lives. Fantastic work, Battle-Brother.
  • Hyaenidae likes this

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,402 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit
Whilst my modelling ventures have steered way, way, way from the fact, I am a Space Wolf. From Rogue Trader on, I have and always will, love the VI Legion, even if I speak little of it. My right arm is branded as such. I've always admired your ability to smith words, Brother, but that last passage about Amidio Al-Bahram spoke more to me than much else in the last year and more.

Excellent stuff! wub.png
  • Hyaenidae likes this

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,452 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Awesome as always, chief.

• Hyaenidae likes this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,081 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

:tu: Superb :tu:

• Hyaenidae likes this

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Brother Heinrich

Brother Heinrich

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,977 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Blood Angels

badass and unique as always. 

• Hyaenidae likes this

Night%20Lord-01_zpsxbdvmpou.pngBlood%20Angel-01_zpswjlpjn40.png

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,278 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force
Man, that passage of fluff was incredible. I saw the photos earlier but hadn't had chance to read it, I had no idea he was VI legion, but the model is amazing and that fluff...
  • Hyaenidae likes this

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion

Thank you all for your kind comments. To be honest, I kinda surprised myself when I decided on the VI Legion for this character, mainly because it's really outside of my usual 'comfort zone'. The Wolves have always been difficult for me to write about, no matter the era. I've always liked the VI, and I liked reading about them, they just weren't my usual cup of joe when it came to story creation.

this guy is also a 'mini-me'. I've included a model of how I'd imagine myself in that army, for every one I've made. But, i haven't made one yet for the 30k era, and i figured it was time. Each "me" has been a product of my mindset at that time in my life, and every model side by side could almost tell a tale on it's own. I kinda like that. It was unintentional, but cool the way it worked out.

Why the VI, though? It's the Legion I could relate to the closest in mindset, when in it's rawest form. Strip away Fenris, and how did the VI Legion gene-seed react during development? We know now that the VI legion was one of three who were held in close secrecy during their proto-legion days, and I think we could all take a guess why. I try not to imagine what happened to the first scientists who had to deal with a VI Legion youth who had...'turned'. Om nom nom. Without the stabilizing actions of their Father, I feel the VI Legion would have been very hard to control; a core of elite warriors who had conquered their monster, surrounded by a horde of madmen who still listened to the beast in their hearts. Those who totally gave in were never seen again, I imagine as well.

Then, I thought of the stories of the Lone Wolves, those whose beast demanded anonymity and seclusion, over comradeship. Now, what would happen to someone like that, born into the Legion in it's infancy, when there were no cultural controls in place yet to semi-control the more rogue elements of the gene-seed? Who had my mindset, but not all of my sanity? Thus was born this model. The craziest idea I've had in a long while, but I think I like it... er, me. :lol:  I'm glad y'all are too.

Anyhow, life's pretty busy right now, but I'll post again soon, with a few more Caballeros currently in the works. :)

Take care, y'all.

• ephrael, RolandTHTG, spafe and 3 others like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,461 posts
Damn you, Hyaenidae, and your marvelous, brilliant ideas.
Now you've got me thinking about Lone Wolves, and their chosen way of life, and how they would act during the Heresy. And now I'm going to have to buy some Space Wolf kits so I can build my own.
Damn you for constantly inspiring me, you wonderful, brilliant man.
  • Hyaenidae likes this

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

"Marines aren't soldiers, they're monks whose prayers are murder." - Haugesen, 12 June 2019

Calgar 2.0

Calgar 2.0

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts
  • Faction: Mantis Warriors 5th Company

I leave B&C for a bit, and then you start a new project. Awesome stuff so far.

• Hyaenidae likes this
gallery_63510_9694_707.gifgallery_30308_9518_886.jpg

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts

Proof of life.... a small tidbit of what's coming......

Los Nomades, An'Mani Sink, Old Earth, 230 years prior to Terran Unification

Cabo Primero Ines Robles wished dearly she had picked up patrol duties for Old Town, instead of 2 weeks of patrols, inspections, and interdictions Outside the hellish landscapes past the Sud Porton awaiting her. She daydreamed of her birth-home as she sewed a hole in the left sleeve of her quilted armour jacket, preparing for roll-call and final pre-combat inspection the next day. Nothing compared to the Miraflores Mercado, the brightly decorated and neon-lume lit city-market that lined the walls and wide hand carved valleys of the 90 meter tall canyon.

Merchants and farmers, scavs and nomads, tek-smiths and gun-runners, all jammed into carved holes in the living cliff face of the An'Mani Canyon herself, selling their services and goods to the massive fleets of grav-ships and crawler-boats and massed convoys that passed through in immense numbers, day and night. Banners of brightly colored silk hung from wind-scoured signs, while little bare wall remaining between booths were cobwebbed with nomadic prayer flags strung between booths, rippling and billowing in the dusty, but rad-free air. Hazardous looking power lines nailed to the rock face zipped booth to booth, giving the appearance that the city was crafted and held together with rubber-black vines.

The assault on one's senses was incredible, something that had to be experienced to be truly understood. Two million people jammed into such a confined space made for a hell of a racket, especially considering the canyon walls echoing all that noise back, like being caught inside the hollow of a war-drum. The smell of the place wavered between the manure stench of corralled livestock, to the scent of rare and wonderful foods and spices that tantalized the tongue. Massive and ancient Grav Frigates and Solar Lattice Boats moved slowly near the edges of the walls, giving the crew and passengers a chance to spend coin and replenish their stocks of food, nearly clean water, fresh rebreather filters, ammunition, and other items that had been exhausted during their journey across the merciless Lantic Sink. In their shadow danced Skimmers and light Ornithopters, while the valley road was packed to the wall edges with massive crowds of humanity and convoys of heavily armed and rusted scrap vehicles moving through one of the only safe gateways between the expanses of the long dead oceans.....

• ephrael, Centurion Jay, Ramell and 8 others like this

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,461 posts

GCRUHtc.gif

Glorious.

Edited by The Psycho, 23 September 2016 - 06:16 AM.

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.

"Marines aren't soldiers, they're monks whose prayers are murder." - Haugesen, 12 June 2019

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,293 posts

Have you ever considered writing a story and publishing it, Heathens? That's a serious question, by the by.

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_45765_14340_43444.jpgtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,374 posts

What can I say? You have a way with words, brother. The pictures you conjure are practically paintings. As far as proof of life goes, this is way up there. ^_^

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts

What, y'all thought I was gonna leave you with just a little poetry?  :P  Heck no! I'm dusting off everything...

gallery_37532_11149_17241.jpggallery_37532_11149_37405.jpggallery_37532_11149_49917.jpg

And some (very) WIP models, no greenstuff yet...

gallery_37532_11149_24822.jpg

Thank you for the comments on the bit of story, it was just a soundbite I typed up to get my mind back into the setting again, so I'm glad to hear that I'm not too rusty, at least, lol. Nah, I've never really thought of writing quite yet. That's something I'm planning for retirement (of a bit more serious subjects), I do this for fun, and as a stress reliever. I always get a bit bashful reading some of y'alls comments, I feel I don't really deserve such praise, but I'm damn grateful y'all are digging them, even after all these (gasp!) years, so thank you all. Your enjoyment is what drives my passion for this, truly.

No cap'n am I, just another member of the crew; just a touch long in the tooth is all, my brothers and sisters.

Now, let's all sing a dirge, swig the grog, plate up, fastrope down, kill 'em all, and do it again. 3rd Assault, Airmobile! 

• MrBear, Tyrannicide, Soric and 16 others like this

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,461 posts

Should have saved that GIF I suppose. Oh, what the hell, let's use it again:

GCRUHtc.gif

Seriously. You have not lost one iota of your kitbashing skill. Even after a year away.

I honestly think my favorite part of these guys is their gear... it's so real, and visceral. That meltagun(?) especially is something lovely. I love every bit of it.

• Brother Dallo likes this

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts

Lol, the top and bottom left model have autocarbines, made from cultist autopistols, a shaved down lasgun stock (Airmobile, weapons are gonna stay small and tight), and a victoria miniatures ACOG.

The big gun on the fella with the mohawk is actually just a SM Scout bolt pistol, with the same method with the stock, and a hellgun barrel to act as a recoil dampener. If an unaug would break his arm firing a bolter, then this is my answer to that problem.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,461 posts

Ah, gotcha. Makes more sense as to why it has a clip, too. :P

• Hyaenidae likes this

Kyknos of Athena

Kyknos of Athena

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 709 posts
  • Faction: Twilight Wardens

And one of my usual questions:

Source for your troopers´ heads? :)

formerly: LordVelype

"I am starting to find you rather hot, mortal... wub.gif "

Shewhothirsts, to Kyknos of Athena

Part of the War of Light AU-project: XVIIIth Legion Dreadspears

IA: Twilight Wardens

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts

Of course! I use the more artisan Skitarrii and dragoon heads, with a sanded down IG rebreather for the vox-grille, and a touch of greenstuff to fill gaps.

• Kyknos of Athena likes this

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts

Actually, I got something else to show you involving the helms:

gallery_37532_11149_128900.jpg

Forgive my terrible drawing skills, but this kinda will give you an idea of how deep I'm gonna get into these guys history and minor details. 

And before you ask, yes, my photoshop skills are equally horrible, lol.

• Brother Chaplain Kage, Apologist, Ramell and 3 others like this

Supe robot gangster #1

Supe robot gangster #1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 667 posts
  • Faction: All the legions!

Actually, I got something else to show you involving the helms:

gallery_37532_11149_128900.jpg

Forgive my terrible drawing skills, but this kinda will give you an idea of how deep I'm gonna get into these guys history and minor details.

And before you ask, yes, my photoshop skills are equally horrible, lol.

Damn that is cool! I wish I had the time/skill to go into such depth with fluff for my dudes!

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts

Well, since I'm busy burning out y'alls retinas, here's the original piece that I sketched, that kinda set the theme in place for me. Sometimes drawing is the best medium to express an idea:

gallery_37532_11149_230150.png

And here's a rough map of what I imagine the home of my Bjaha Sur looks like, The An'Mani Sink herself, The Last Refuge, Los Nomades. 

gallery_37532_11149_107845.jpg

• Brother Chaplain Kage, Ramell, Calgar 2.0 and 6 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hyaenidae, Imperial Militia, Lost my mind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users