Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Broken Throne - The Iron Bears

• Please log in to reply
1020 replies to this topic

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
  • Pronouns:ze/hir
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Yeah. Sigismund is so cheesy because he has those special rules too on a very low price imho. So other Legions have great fighters too. So I think the WS 7 is okay at this cost.

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
  • Faction: The Iron Bears of Daer'dd.
Thanks squig! And yeah he is costly, that's sort of my whole mantra with the legion rules wise, they give up typical legion numbers and are almost the Insurrection incarnation of 2nd edition Herohammer. To match the Bears' background of pushing every Astartes to heroic greatness. Die a hero or don't die at all.
gallery_68351_7580_48424.png

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,338 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Incomng potentially uber biased response:

In what way is Sigismund Cheesy?

He reflects his fluff perfectly and he only primarch he is capable of beating is unpowered Lorgar and even then youd need a fair bit of RNGesus on your side.

He is a 230 point character who only murderlates things in a challenge; thats where he gets his buffs from. Otherwise hes just a decent beatstick that doesnt provide any army benefits outside the +1 combat resolution and VP if he does his job of murderlating a warlord in a challenge.

Edit: if CCR made his character epitomize Hero Hammer by making him a badass in challenges, much like Sigismund, my Spiritual Big Bro, then it'd give him a bit more leeway in terms of Raw Power; make him the Legion Champion or something?

Edited by Slipstreams, 15 September 2015 - 09:15 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
I don't think Sigismund is that cheesy personally I think he is about where he should be costwise. But he is very hard to counter, 5 S6 AP2 attacks at int 6 is pretty scary. He decimates squadrons, with a command squadron they're going to sweep just about any squadron away, and not a whole lot of characters can stand to him for more than a round.

But that's exactly whom he's supposed to be, the best of the best amongst Astartes. He can stand to Valdor and spar with Astartes, that's pretty awesome in my opinion.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
Maybe it is my Personal hate on him which sees him cheesy, because he killed Gwalchavad!!!! This bastard

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,338 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

If Siggy kills a Primarch, chalk it up to RNGesus. Its the only circumstance in which he should be able to. 

:P

If he trounces your Primarch 100% of the time then we might have to put his ruleset under the microscope again and reevalutate him :P

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
In all fairness to the randomness of the game I did once have a Grey Hunter with MotW kill both an Avatar and Farsight in the same game in a doubles match in 5th so I think Sigismund is safe 😜

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
Not all the Time. Various Friends playtested and Gwal lost every Match. Even to Sigi....that was hard to swallow.

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Woah. I'll take a look at Gwals rules because even if he's a weak Primarch that still shouldn't be happening.

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Mik, I would change Wisdom of the ages. Gwal NEEDS to strike first, his rules and stats set him up to be a first strike Corax like Primarch. Bump his I up to 7 and give him a bonus on the charge and make wisdom of the ages something else because he's going to go down to any tank with a thunder hammer.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
Hmm thx. But it isn't in Gwals nature to strike first. I even thought of giving him I 4 + I and number of rounds played. Have you seen the new rules? A friend upped the invulnerable save to avoid the situation you mentioned.:)

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
No I haven't I just saw the ones in Primarch thread.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
Should update it :) But they are still wip so i hesitated

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
I checked out the updated rules in your thread. He's definitely better now my only suggestion is if you're going to sacrifice that first assault phase give him a defensive bonus for it as you're going with the eastern martial artist (wushu? Wing Chung? Tai chi? Bushy brows?) Style of fighting, I'd imagine whilst he's learning how his opponent moves and strikes I can't imagine him letting himself actually get hit, that's the kinda play I imagine only the brutes like Daer'dd & Niklaas would go for. Also if you're going to stay at 499pts I think you can add that and still be comfortably balanced in the points.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
Olay. I added this 4+inv save and a reroll at 5 + to even that out. Had even 4+ reroll at first. But it seemed toooop strong

Edited by MikhalLeNoir, 16 September 2015 - 06:05 PM.

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Sounds like a good way to start.

Also I started adding wargear fluff in my post on page two.

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
I have a question regarding rules:
Would it be absurd of me to make each Lord Chief of the Iron Bears a special character?

I ask because they're closer to Chapter Masters than Praetors. Their are a total of six and each one takes on a very special role on the legion. For example

Leonas Niikiikaa- Master of the Totem
Therox Casstiiel- Master Paragon
Ezekiel Spinebreaker- Master Warrior
Orr'eon Lakestrider- Master Hunter
R.Damon Redd- Master Slayer
Echo Pontiach- Master Windrider
R.Logan Drake- Master Guardian

Ergo each of them are going be be fairly unique. And as it stands, even with all my special equip sent I can't drum up what I what fits my fluff for them from Praetor rules.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
I see no problem in it

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Thank you for the input. I didn't want to just have like a dozen special characters and someone get really upset with it for whatever reason but I did want to properly represent the Legions highest ranking and most noted individuals that have them be able to play like their fluff.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
Well, I am going the same route down. Always remember that the Legion is a very big army. If you think on it you have about 150 chapters. If you count those worthy to be chapter mastsr in the future, you have enough special characters ;)
Only probs would be to differ them all out

Big Bad Squig

Big Bad Squig

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 720 posts
  • Faction: II, VI, X & XI Legions

Yeah, we've already created eighteen non-canon primarchs and eighteen non-canon legions and a new alien race, and then bullied the fabric of space-time until it put them all in the same place, so I think the number of special characters you're allowed to make up rules for is pretty insignificant, and if someone were to question it, we could just set Raktra on them.

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Works for me! And thanks for the input!

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts

I checked out the updated rules in your thread. He's definitely better now my only suggestion is if you're going to sacrifice that first assault phase give him a defensive bonus for it as you're going with the eastern martial artist (wushu? Wing Chung? Tai chi? Bushy brows?) Style of fighting, I'd imagine whilst he's learning how his opponent moves and strikes I can't imagine him letting himself actually get hit, that's the kinda play I imagine only the brutes like Daer'dd & Niklaas would go for. Also if you're going to stay at 499pts I think you can add that and still be comfortably balanced in the points.

Just saw it now: it is excactly bushy brows style^^

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Special Characters:
I've gone with over a dozen special characters because I had a hard time pinning down the rules to match the characters using standard Praetor and Centurion rules. Each of these warriors make a tremendous impact on the Iron Bears' story. As I've already a few done, tomorrow I'll hopefully finish a bunch more done and edit into clean format.

High Council & Totem Guard
*High Lord Chief Daer'dd Niimkiikaa√
*Master Shaman Aandegg Niimkiikaa√
*Master Paragon Leonas Niimkiikaa
*Master of the Totem Brutus Niimkiikaa
*Legion Champion Solomon Grundy
*High Cleric Old Man R.L Cullen

4th Grand Wartribe
*4th Lord Chief R.Damon Redd√
*4th Champion Ah'nek the Giant
*Chief Cleric of the 4th Or'tan Songblade
*Chief Praetor Lucius Woodward/Ancient Woodward the Architect
*Fire Shaman Seraph Maximum Ironhill

Remaining Lords
*1st Lord Chief Therox "Cass" Castiel
*2nd Lord Chief Ezibiknh "Ezekiel" Spinebreaker.
*3rd Lord Chief Orr'eon Lakestrider
*5th Lord Chief Echo Pontiac
*6th Lord Chief R.Logan Drake

Yep, there are a lot of them. I'm focusing Totem Guard/High Council & 4th Grand Wartribes. And the Lord Chiefs because of their uniqueness.

Edited by Chief Captain Redd, 29 September 2015 - 08:11 AM.

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Okay time for my first unit I give you the Ironbound Slayers.

Founded by Lord Chief R.Damon Redd the Ironbound Slayers are the ultimate in brutal fighters. Their nature is boisterous and brutal, though they do not torture, or mame their enemies. They make it a competition to see whom can kill either the largest or most as quickly as possible. To be at the wrong end of their blade is to look unto death.

Fast Attack
Ironbound Slayer Clan 150 points
WS BS S T W I A LD Sv
Ironbound Slayer 4 4 5 5 2 4 2 8 2+
Chief Sergeant 5 5 5 5 2 5 3 9 2+

Unit Composition
2 Slayers
1 Chief Sergeant

Unit Type
Legion Astartes Ironbound Slayer
Legion Astartes Chief Sergeant

Wargear
Bolt Pistol
Chainaxe
Ironbound Armour
Ironbound Combat Shield
Ironbound Hide
Tomahawk Charges

Special Rules
Legion Astartes
Slayer
Fleet
Rending
Bulky

Dedicated Transport
The Clan may take either a Land Raider Phobos, Land Raider Mauler, or Spartan as a dedicated transport.

Options
The Clan may take up 7 additional Slayers at 40 points per model.

The entire Clan may upgrade their Chainaxes for Tomahawks for +5 points per model

The entire Clan may take Meltabombs for +5 points per model.

Any model in the clan may upgrade their bolt pistol for a hand flamer for +2 points or a Volkite Serpenta for +5 points

One model may take a Nuncio Vox for +10 points

Another model may carry a legion vexilla for +10 points

For every 5 models in the clan one model may exchange both their bolt pistol and or chain axe for
power weapon +10 points
inferno pistol +10 points
plasma pistol +15 points
power tomahawk +15 points
lightning claw +15 points
powerfist +20 points
Warclaw +25 points
pair of Lightning Claws +25 points
pair of Warclaws +40 points

The Clan's Chief Sergeant my exchange his bolt pistol/chainaxe for a
Heavy Chainsword +5 points
Inferno pistol +10 points
Plasma pistol +15 points
Evicerator +15 points
Warhawk +15 points
Ironhawk +15 points
lightning claw +15 points
powerfist +20 points
Warclaw +25 points
pair of Lightning Claws +25 points
paity of Warclaws +40 points

The Clan's Sergeant may upgrade his Ironbound Combat shield for a Storm Shield +10 points

The Clan's Chief Sergeant may exchange his Ironbound armour for Totem Armour for +7 points.

The entire Clan may take jump packs at +3 points per model, if they have not taken a transport.

Edited by Chief Captain Redd, 29 September 2015 - 09:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users