Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Broken Throne - The Iron Bears

• Please log in to reply
1020 replies to this topic

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
  • Faction: The Iron Bears of Daer'dd.
Holy hell! What is that beast from?
  • AlphariusOmegon108 likes this
gallery_68351_7580_48424.png

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,822 posts
  • Pronouns:ze/hir
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
A new game called the others: 7 sins. Saw it on natfka and the guy screamed I AM DEAR'dd.

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Yeah definitely! I just wish I Knew his size.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,822 posts
Hmmm..3d scanner and increase the size to your needs :) then print it ;)

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Haha. Honestly I'm probably just going to have his sculpt commissioned. I've found a few good models for his basis, buy every time I add up the parts it's like $120+ and then WAY too much work.

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
  • Location:Veenendaal, Holland, Europe, Planet earth, Solarsystem
  • Faction: Scythes of the emperor

As a sculptor myself, I can say that its probably the easiest to sculpt Dear'dd from a base model. So like, take a large musculated model, and sculpt over that, make armor pieces, sculpt details, sculpt the gauntlets and resculpt the head to better represent a bear like anatomy mixed with human anatomy. (At least, this is how I would tackle a project like this, the base model saves ALOT of time (so also alot of money))

(I know advertisement and stuff are not really allowed on this forum, so if a mod feels the need to remove this part Im completly fine with it. But Redd, I would be willing to do this project :) (I will also have the real-verse Alexandros coming up, but I am getting alot of free time soon))

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108, 01 October 2015 - 05:51 AM.

Check out my commision work on facebook:  https://www.facebook.../DeamonsAtWork/

feel free to shoot me a PM with guestions or with commisions you want to have done smile.png

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Well that's the thing I can sculpt my ass off, but any details I do use I want to be perfect. Like when I'm done with Daer'dd he's going to be my crowning achievement in modeling. But like Knight Models 73mm hulk is perfect but it's also €65 so I'm contemplating it. But a good commission I'm not against either. And I'd love to see some of your work AO108!
  • AlphariusOmegon108 likes this

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,822 posts
The many are right^^ so if you could get a decent base model it would be the easiesr way of creating him. If you commission a whole model it will be a lot more costintesiv

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
Im starting on a new sculpting project rather soon, so Ill send you some pics soon Redd ^^

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108, 01 October 2015 - 07:07 AM.

Check out my commision work on facebook:  https://www.facebook.../DeamonsAtWork/

feel free to shoot me a PM with guestions or with commisions you want to have done smile.png

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Sounds good!

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Glory Boys.

Or at least that's how they see us. Ursa Ferrus, The Iron Bears. That's what we are too, or were at least. No, not now, Daer'dd is dead my genesire laid low. We rendezvoused at Huron Tridentia and made our way home, every bit of legion that made it. Just one day, his. The Second fights alongside the Lion, the Third fights for a Forge. But we follow Daer'dd's last orders. The Fourth fights for Terra and the Sol system. So we guide the Emperor's Leviathan herself towards Terra and war. I'll burn everything that stands against us, I have command of the this. Daer'dd bestowed it upon me, just as every Slayer before I, the Oathbound, and my oath?

I am become Death.
  • simison likes this

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
++972.M30++
++Three Fires/Ultima space boarder++
++galactic northeast++

We caught up quickly with the craftworld quickly. The Usus claws of the Emperor's Leviathan, and her sister ships "The Terrible Weight", and "The Hideous Strength" were able to lock in this craftworld swiftly.

The problem will lie in assaulting a craftworld itself, our boarding claws are fine for troops and dreads.

Forward unto the enemy give him Death!
++end++

Edited by Chief Captain Redd, 07 October 2015 - 09:25 AM.

• simison likes this

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
So I'm finally about to finish my light box and I am excited to really show off my progress on the Iron Bears and all related forces (Daughters of Daer'dd, Mechanicum/Demiurge, Three Fires Imperial Army units, Knight Houses, Titan legion, and Custodes and Sisters of Silence once they're out) as a table top force.

Anyway staring this week I hope to post complete units and I'm using this post and the BotL to actually motivate me to get work done.
  • MikhalLeNoir, simison, AlphariusOmegon108 and 2 others like this

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts

So I'm finally about to finish my light box and I am excited to really show off my progress on the Iron Bears and all related forces (Daughters of Daer'dd, Mechanicum/Demiurge, Three Fires Imperial Army units, Knight Houses, Titan legion, and Custodes and Sisters of Silence once they're out) as a table top force.

Anyway staring this week I hope to post complete units and I'm using this post and the BotL to actually motivate me to get work done.

Yes. All of the yes.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,809 posts
  • Faction: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

I'm using this post and the BotL to actually motivate me to get work done.

Let me help:

GET 'ER DONE!

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,822 posts

Wow, that sounds like ....an alphpariusomegon sized army...i just finished the first squad...well..besides the decals who were two times in a row gone missing :-(

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Well I've been playing 40k for 22 years roughly now so I've got a lot of bits and various models to pull from. I'm not sure on Imperial Army/demiurge & Mechanicum/Daughters of Daer'dd forces. But I know for the Iron Bears themselves I should end up around 500 Marines with enough astartes armour to start a small apocalypse. And 33 Knights, 4 Warhounds, 2 Reavers, and a Warlord.

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts

Well I've been playing 40k for 22 years roughly now so I've got a lot of bits and various models to pull from. I'm not sure on Imperial Army/demiurge & Mechanicum/Daughters of Daer'dd forces. But I know for the Iron Bears themselves I should end up around 500 Marines with enough astartes armour to start a small apocalypse. And 33 Knights, 4 Warhounds, 2 Reavers, and a Warlord.

sir, we are gonna play a iron bear VS eagle warriors game some day.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,822 posts
Thing is: are tgey yet to be built or are they finished?

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
It depends on what part of the force, I've been taking apart and rebuilding large chunks of my astartes to work in far more preheresy bits, and I've got about 250 astartes or so done on that part. I'm taking a break from that tedium and building a brand new artillery section of 9 astartes Basilisks, 3 Minotaurs, and I'm going to be ordering 9 WW Scorpius. And if I can keep myself focused I'll finish 9 Vindicators and 9 Vindicator Laser Destroyers. My Knights and Titans are the slowest builds for me just because I want to get them perfect.

My goal for my plog going forward will be trying get a couple squads and a vehicle or two done every week. So that way come spring I should be done with what I have.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,822 posts
Wow. I am satisfied if i get 1 squad done every half a year......should ocerthink my creationprocess

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
It's not that hard, you've just gotta figure out a good work flow for yourself. Like I'll do 5 tacticals and then a character and like a dread as a treat. And that'll take a good chunk of evening, but you also feel like you've got a lot done. But it's taken me since second edition to get that kind of work ethic lol.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,822 posts
Lol. I stsrtet in wnd ed too and back then i was fast. But niwadays too much other things block my time :(

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
Yeah I can understand that. I just made sure I have time to do it so I could relax.

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
I am so so so hyper for some pics.. I wanna seee :D :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users