Glorious. I can't remember whether it was BCK or EdT who used such paints for magnificent power weapons.

It was EdT and it's only thanks to him that I ever came across them haha!

• 2 weeks later...

No, that would go against the aesthetic I've got in mind :p

Oh, well. It was just that the "when's the last time your saw her heart?" Scene popped into my head yesterday.

Will the Wraith's weapons be upscaled versions of those used by Pionus previously?

No, going for Contemptor Styled Power Talons with Bear & Lion Heads molded onto the Wrist/Forearm area since they were made by the Iron Bears and Crimson Lions one each respectively.

I wouldn've wanted to have a bigger Trident but it didn't fit in anymore and would be more symbolic to have The Leviathan broken and kept in a Stasis Vault as a Memento.

No, going for Contemptor Styled Power Talons with Bear & Lion Heads molded onto the Wrist/Forearm area since they were made by the Iron Bears and Crimson Lions one each respectively.

I wouldn've wanted to have a bigger Trident but it didn't fit in anymore and would be more symbolic to have The Leviathan broken and kept in a Stasis Vault as a Memento.

I like all of that. I've always had a soft spot for claws (possibly because the first 40k book I picked up was Battle of the Fang, and I really liked Greyloc).

Is the plan to pitch him against daemon Morro during the Siege of Terra? I don't know if there's anywhere suitably wet near the Palace, though we could probably have a lake or something similar.

If I recall correctly, they're to meet twice before the Siege of Terra:

1- Once as Daemon Morro vs Flesh Pionus

2- On an Ocean World (Maybe even Mymera? Details are fuzzy) where, whilst Morro is hunting for Eldar, they bring in Pionus and the Scions to stop em.

Then the Pacific Rim-Style combat at the Siege of Terra.

There isnt much water left on Terra though! So it'd probably only happen on Dry Land as it rained some form of a high-caustic Chemical Rain to set the mood.

Or both fight on a sea of lava at the core of terra. Deep beneath the imperial palace. Take pacific rim to the next level I say :wink:

Steady now brother, I adore Pacific Rim too but fighting I'd say fighting in Terra's core is taking things a bit too far, how about something a bit more... Plausible? You want water, but there's no seas left on Terra, so how about this? As part of the Siege the Drowned try to infiltrate the Palace via drilling underneath it's defences and up into her subterranean water reservoirs, these colossal man-made mini-oceans of imported water (maybe taken from icy comets or something?) used to supply the continent-sized Palace with fresh, clean H20, however when the Drowned arrive they find their ploy has been anticipated by Pionus & his Scions, who swiftly engage the Drowned leading to your desired underwater duel.

Now, an alternate location you could try if the idea of duelling over lava still has you intrigued is this, a subterranean Geothermal Power Plant that helps supply the Palace Void Shields. The Drowned are ordered to destroy it so the traitors can properly shell the palace, the Drowned drill down, Scions are waiting, hilarity a fight ensues, the Plant suffers severe damage, lava starts erupting all over the place and filling the Plant but Pionus and Morro continue to duel regardless.

Your thoughts?

Well, exaclty my thoughts....minus the core :)

But remember: in a world where comets are "milked" fir water and giant gargantuan creatures fight against each other.....the core is still too far away. The power plant is cooler as there can be a built up of the battle. You can even add the water reservoir as cooling mechanism or added level

Exactly the other reason why I was against it, this is Terra we're talking about here, not some unimportant backwater dirtball. Something a little-less world-threatening is needed, the traitors want Terra under their rule, not remodelled Krypton-style.

Truthfully, I never really contemplated fighting on Terra underwater. I thought that what water would have been present would have been boiled away after 200 years of manufacture, and a year of Firestorm Bombardments, as well as a possible tactical removal of the oceans to prevent the Drowned from gaining the advantage.

In my head, what I had was this for Morro's ploys;

Morro's attempted assassination against Pionus (The opening gambit). Pionus escaping, and trying to link up with friendly forces while trying to escape the Drowned's interceptor fleets

Morro on Terra, engages Mortera but is crushed, causing him to sacrifice his and his legions soul for the power to ascend to Daemonhood. Rising up he begins to destroy Mortera, but escapes thanks to the arrival of Pionus and Hennasohn. The sacrifice they made causes the Daemon to lose momentary control, and Morro sees what damage he has done, and jumps into the warp.

During the Scouring, DaemonMorro is reformed and those who have allied with him are unleashed on the Eldar in a bid to free his own soul, and get into the Black Library. Reaching Betalis, a former Exodite Paradise, a combined force of Eldar attack, where they are joined by the Scions Hospitaller and Wraith Pionus, where he is once more cast into the Warp.

Of course, that is not final yet, and anyone can help come up with my parts during the Heresy.

Truthfully, I never really contemplated fighting on Terra underwater. I thought that what water would have been present would have been boiled away after 200 years of manufacture, and a year of Firestorm Bombardments, as well as a possible tactical removal of the oceans to prevent the Drowned from gaining the advantage.

In my head, what I had was this for Morro's ploys;

Morro's attempted assassination against Pionus (The opening gambit). Pionus escaping, and trying to link up with friendly forces while trying to escape the Drowned's interceptor fleets

Morro on Terra, engages Mortera but is crushed, causing him to sacrifice his and his legions soul for the power to ascend to Daemonhood. Rising up he begins to destroy Mortera, but escapes thanks to the arrival of Pionus and Hennasohn. The sacrifice they made causes the Daemon to lose momentary control, and Morro sees what damage he has done, and jumps into the warp.

During the Scouring, DaemonMorro is reformed and those who have allied with him are unleashed on the Eldar in a bid to free his own soul, and get into the Black Library. Reaching Betalis, a former Exodite Paradise, a combined force of Eldar attack, where they are joined by the Scions Hospitaller and Wraith Pionus, where he is once more cast into the Warp.

Of course, that is not final yet, and anyone can help come up with my parts during the Heresy.

Flight of the Eisenstein mentioned seas, and I reckon lakes and such are a possibility, especially around/in the palace complex.

Plus, I think I recall something about apartments for the Primarchs, looking out onto an underground lake.

I'm picturing something more like the Miracle Mile battle than underwater combat.

Edited by bluntblade

Alright, screw it, I need to put this down in written form.

Scions Hospitalier Late-Insurrection Rite Of War:

The Leviathan's Chosen:

Effects:

• Pionus Santor (Wraith) may be selected as a Compulsory HQ for an Army using this Rite Of War instead of being a Lord Of War Choice. Additionally, Pionus permits Depthstrider Terminators taken as a part of this army to automatically enter from reserves via Teleportation on a Turn of the Players Choosing using their Transponders but only if they deepstrike within 12" of Pionus and only scatter 1D6 when doing so. Depthstriders embarked within a Vehicle may not benefit from this effect.
  • Mechanicum Battle-Automata may be taken in the following ways:
    • Castellax Battle-Automata: Non-Compulsory Troops in Maniples of 3 or More Models. Taken in such a manner, they gain the Feel No Pain (5+) Special Rule.
    • Arlatax Battle-Automata: A Single Maniple in the Fast Attack Slot or as a 5 Model Bodyguard Unit / Command Squad to Pionus Santor overriding the usual restrictions imposed by their Unit Types. If Taken as a Bodyguard Unit / Command Squad, the Maniple gains the It Will Not Die and Rage Special Rules. Furthermore, they must all be equipped with an Arc Scourge.
    • Vorax Battle-Automata: Fast Attack Slot gaining the Infiltrate and Feel No Pain (5+) Special Rules.
    • Domitar Battle-Automata: A Single Maniple in the Elites Slot. Maniples in this army numbering 3 or more Models may Move, Run & Shoot (or vice versa) and Charge in the same turn.
  • Depthstrider Terminator Squads gain the Rage, Rampage, Counter-Attack and Furious Charge Special Rules.
  • All units in the Armies Primary Detachment gains the Implacable Advance Special Rule if they do not already posses it.
  • Dreadnoughts with at least one Armor Value of 13 or higher taken in this army gains the It Will Not Die, Blessed Autosimulacra and Rampage Special Rules. Additionally, If within 8" of Pionus Santor, they ignore all  results on the Vehicle Damage Table except for the Explodes Result and do not scatter when Entering from Deepstrike Reserves.

Restrictions:

• Depthstrider Terminators and Contemptor-Prime Dreadnoughts are Compulsory Troops and must purchase Teleportation Transponders at +10 points per unit; each Dreadnought must buy a separate Transponder.
  • Mechanicum, Space Marine, Solar Auxilia and Imperial Militia/Cult Allied Detachments and Fortifications may not be taken.
  • Pionus Santor (Living) may not be taken in an Army using this Rite of War.
  • May not have more Battle-Automata Units in the Army than there are Depthstrider Terminator Units; an Artalax Maniple taken as a Bodyguard / Command Squad for Pionus does not count towards this limitation.
  • Primus Medicae, Praevian and Forge Lord are the only permitted Consul Selections.
  • If Pionus Santor (Wraith) is present, no other unit/model with the Rite of Command or Master Of The Legion Special Rule may be included in the army.
  • The Detachment may not include a 'Lord of War' Selection.
Edited by Slipstreams

An army of Teleporting 2 Wound Terminators, Contemptor Cortus, Battle Automata and Wraith Constructs... All of which are scoring... Hooboy, that's scary.

Also, Strength D-1 Flamers? Allies of Convenience is not a thing in 30k, maybe the Black Level alliance (not sworn brothers, but the one that doesn't let them score)?

I'd also possibly remove the Lord of War choice? It's a moot point I suppose that the points will not be there usually, but in case anyone tries to pull Wraith Santor, and a Typhon in the same list.

Yeah ill rethink the Edlar Allies thing LoL!

The main reason I think this is ok-ish is due to the cost of all this stuff being a minimum of 300 per termy squad or 200+ for a non-crap Contemptor Loadout.

So it wont be that "small game" viable; very much going to be a "go huge or go home" type deal :p

As well as, in some cases, forcing the minimum Squad Size for automata :p

Also forgot to add in the loss of LoW :p

Edited by Slipstreams

It could but how would it differ to the starships we already have?

The main differences would probably be Aesthetic in that they'd be made as sleek and flat as possible for less potential stress damage for when the Craft are docked under the surface or maneuvering therein.

So think Imperial Starship but with smoothed out surfaces Ie little-to-no protrusions like we typically see with Imperial Craft and painted a Mother of Pearl and Blood Red.