Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IL XIX - The Scions Hospitalier

Brotherhood of the Lost IdeaVomit Tags for the Tag God I REALLY like apothecaries And Turtles IInd Legion? XIth maybe?

• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,723 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

I'd thought the Phaeton-pattern Stormeagle was the Obscura-pattern - now, can I propose that we rename it to that? It makes more sense for it to be designed there.

Sure, I guess. I don't see why not.

I thought Obscura-pattern referred to the special underwater-working Jump Pack the Scions used?

its Obscura-Pattern because its fabricated on the Forge Moon of Obscura.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,547 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers

XIXth Legion Praetor

Coeratas

Captain of the 18th Company

gallery_92883_15463_253706.png

While not part of the vaunted Deka, Coeratas was a far more powerful and influential officer than the title of captain would suggest, having commanded battalion-strength forces on multiple occasions during the Great Crusade. Like many of his brethren, he had earned many plaudits during the Qarith Crusade, fighting under Pionus’ direct command in the planetfall operation on Prime.

Coeratas led the Scions detachment aboard Star Fort Aphron above Untara, and when the trap was sprung he responded swiftly, putting the Untaran Benthiers to the sword in uncompromising fashion. Coeratas’ initiative ensured that the Scions and their allies quickly took control of Aphron, turning its weapons upon the enemy and beating off the initial attack by The Drowned. When the Folorn appeared with the second wave, Coeratas was persuaded to retreat by his lieutenants and pulled back what assets he could, saving thousands of lives but abandoning more to a last stand. He evaded the murderous attentions of Yarlath Keelsplitter, but it was noted that Coeratas felt profound guilt for months afterwards that he had survived, while so many of those under his command had not, and this manifested as brooding anger throughout the voyage back to Iona. For this reason Pionus was slow to appoint him to one of the vacant positions on the Deka, only doing so on the eve of the Subjugation of Zbruch.

Coeratas’ armour, easily recognisable as the Cyma variant of MK IV warplate, makes few concessions to rank and ornamentation. The Scions eschewed any thing would unnecessarily compromise the streamlining of their armour, and their flat command structure was reflected in this too. However, on his right greave the downward-facing trident and lightning symbol specifically commemorates the Company's honour of fighting alongside their Primarch. Coeratas’ Waveblade sword, distinguished by its inbuilt suspensor-generators, likewise signifies an honoured warrior of the XIXth.

Edited by bluntblade, 11 July 2019 - 04:52 PM.

• Slips likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brotherhood of the Lost, IdeaVomit, Tags for the Tag God, I REALLY like apothecaries, And Turtles, IInd Legion?, XIth maybe?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users