EVENT - The Qarith Triumph

simison

25,000? That's still a VERY small legion. Do they especially unstable gene seed or something?

No, there gene seed is considered real good. Maybe 50,000-70,000 would be a better range?

I dunno, how strong is the Attrition/Fatality rates in your Legion? Consider that the Raven Guard were the smallest 40k Legion at 83k Marines before the Dropsite Massacre.

25,000? That's still a VERY small legion. Do they especially unstable gene seed or something?

No, there gene seed is considered real good. Maybe 50,000-70,000 would be a better range?

I dunno, how strong is the Attrition/Fatality rates in your Legion? Consider that the Raven Guard were the smallest 40k Legion at 83k Marines before the Dropsite Massacre.

Oh, that really puts it into perspective. The attritions rate would not be that high, losing around 20-100 marines per 1000 every 3 terran years. Their high emphasis on being real sneaky and opportunistic would ensure they don't lose much. With that in mind, I'll bump em up to 120k marines.

Coolioes! That means it wouldn't be that unfeasible for Jeckel and ~15k Marines to have a really hard time with the Qarith vs Jeckel and 1500 Marines. Makes them come out as much more of a Threat if 15k marines and a Primarch have a Hard time fighting them.

Coolioes! That means it wouldn't be that unfeasible for Jeckel and ~15k Marines to have a really hard time with the Qarith vs Jeckel and 1500 Marines. Makes them come out as much more of a Threat if 15k marines and a Primarch have a Hard time fighting them.

Thing is, I like the idea of Jackel having only 2200 marines at the start of the campaign, and ending up with around 700 marines to fight in the endgame, unless I feel like adding in a small relief force (The closest garrison at hand, which would have about 2000-3000 marines total) to reinforce them in the endgame, perhaps arriving halfway through the final battle due to warp storms?

Thing is, I like the idea of Jackel having only 2200 marines at the start of the campaign, and ending up with around 700 marines to fight in the endgame, unless I feel like adding in a small relief force (The closest garrison at hand, which would have about 2000-3000 marines total) to reinforce them in the endgame, perhaps arriving halfway through the final battle due to warp storms?

Well, you could make it that much more Brutal of an Attrition and have Jeckel and his Forces Start at ~10k+ Marines and end the campaign at ~500 Marines meaning that the survivors would be the biggest badasses of your Legion and, depending on the time frame, make the Qarith that much more of a Threat since they inflicted so much damage.

Well, you could make it that much more Brutal of an Attrition and have Jeckel and his Forces Start at ~10k+ Marines and end the campaign at ~500 Marines meaning that the survivors would be the biggest badasses of your Legion and, depending on the time frame, make the Qarith that much more of a Threat since they inflicted so much damage.

Why not? I can see you have your mind set on the Jackals having 10k marines :tongue.: , so why bother arguing? I'll put the starting number at 10k, they take 3k down to the surface where they are first ambushed by the Qarith, lose 2300, lose another 6k to around 4 other skirmishes, lose 1k in an intense void battle, and then are reinforced by a garrison of 3k marines halfway through the final battle.

Eh, its mostly just me multiplying your initial 1500 by 10 LOL you're still free to be like " :censored: you Slips! I DO WHAT I WANT!" 

Hell, I'm to tired to argue this much. Doing an Assignment for school atm, and checking back here every five minutes to keep me from falling asleep (It is extremely boring lol). Plus, you do have some good ideas, especially the attrition rates, making the Qarith seem like some hard :cuss !

The Eagle warriors have around 187.000 marines at their top, so I guess around 170K at the Qarith war. BUT, only a small part actually would fight in this war, only around 30K maybe. The rest would be at Mexicatii prime or are under.... Implantation ;)

Well lucky for you Simison I already started one.

Halycon Wardens: 200,000.

Grave Stalkers: 10,000.

Scions Hospitiliars: 150-170,000.

Eagle Warriors: 187,000.

Crimson Lions: 130,000.

Iron Bears: 160,000.

Jade Legion: 20-30,000.

Jackals: 120,000.

Fire Keepers: 150,000

You're welcome :)

Edited by Sigismund229

229, just finished reading through your other variants. Cool stuff. It's adding such a unique feel to the campaign, and emphasizes how harsh underwater combat can be. 

I should note on that the eagle warriors at some point will expand crazily from their 187k warriors, creating over 80-90k warriors in a short time EXTRA, BUT, these are all clones, so less amazing as a astartes, they have lots of faults and weak spots

The Drowned are numbering around 140k Normal Legionaries. As for their other assets, unknown, but based on the sizes of the vessels and the combat deployments, they have it is estimated capacity to support another 80k astartes. That is presuming of course that their 'Forlorn' units require the normal Astartes requisites, and it is thought by those Remembrancers who were embedded with the Legion to be nearer a possible 300,000 total deployed. Although how much they are considered to Astartes is questionable.

In addition to this, they have a comparatively good working relationship with the Solar Auxilia and Imperial Militia, as well of that of the Biologis adepts of the Mechanicum.

If there is need for a sacrifical bunny to show how hard the Qarith are, I could eaily sacrifice a Tendril Fleet; say 12k Asartes and 3K forlorn (i'll flesh these out when I get in tonight); maybe with ankther 30k Militia/Auxilia and an undetermined Biologis Detachments.

Alexos slowly took of his robes, laying down ontothe plinth of sacrificial stone on wich he would be opperated upon. Poseko was standing to the side, grinning and preparing all the organs that would be used in Alexos. Alexos looked around him once more and closed his eyes, knowing he would never use the eyes again. The primarch had requested all the organs the Qarith used except the combat drug injectors, choosing for their most powerfull organs over the weak/dangerous ones.

The operation took 8 terran hours. Poseko was sweating, carefully reworking and resculpting muscles, slowly and painfully implanting tender organs. And very slowly ripping open Alexos back to create the opening in wich the wings would be placed and sculpted and worked on his primarch's body. After the eigth hard hour, the work was done. Wings were placed on Alexos, his eyes replaced, his fingers reworked, his skin becoming scaley on some spots, his face resembling that more of a eagl then a human being. Poseko had done well. He took out the injector that would inject the fluid that would wake the renewed primarch, he pushed it in the neck of the god-like being, and the eyes of... it... Opened.

I looked up, not yet used to the things I was seeing. I saw heat and sound movements, I heard the heartbeats of the guards of over 400 feet away. I saw the movements of Poseko before they even happened, my body reacted in unconsious jerks of movement. I was quicker, faster stronger. I saw more, I saw... Things. Details I could never have seen before. My voice was a song, it's pitches reaching as high as I wanted. My eyes were that of a god, everything that moved was mine to see. My body was even more godlike. Devil like wings sprouting from my back, my muscles stronger. And my mind.... My mind had expanded, I could remember evrything I had ever seen or felt, from the first time in my gene-pod in the emperor's labratory to the moment I first saw another human being on Mexicatii. These organs truly were wonderfull.... My legion and other legion surely deserved this gift of the gods.

Quick suggestion, Alpharius, that this operation be done after Alex becomes Warmaster. Without a doubt, if the Emperor found Alexos like this, I don't think it'd end well. 

And I updated the front page with the proposed variants.