EVENT - The Qarith Triumph

simison

Of definitely. If Pionus saw anyone go against the Imperial Truth, hed be damn quick to Enforce it and Worship is the #1 offender with Anything Xenos being a close #2 Edited by Slipstreams

Hey guys, I made a Qarith warrior, I know we arent really allowed to post pics of xenos, so if a mod thinks it should be removed then just remove it. BUT, its related to this project, and there is a dead marine on his base! So I hope thats enough not to get the pic removed :)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150816_142803_zpse1tttmw9.jpg

After reading up on the Ullanor Crusade, I can say we have enough legions involved to lock up the list. 

Now, the more I thought about it, the more I like the idea of the new Warmaster summoning his brothers for a War Council to bring him up to date on the Great Crusade and provide one last chance for the brothers to be together before they scatter across the galaxy. Should I start a new thread for that or simply add it here as the last part of the Triumph event?

Wouldn't it be good, if the Quarith were such a formidable foe, that we need all of the Astartes? so they fight all togheter before the insurrection happens? so battlebrothers drift apart, can't believe what is going on etc.

Could be more of a shock then

Do we have an Idea as to what their Structures would look like? Were they Hive Based, Were these Hives Inorganic, Organic or a mix of both? Lived inside bigger Organisms that moved around? Did they have a Central command Structure or were they a Hive Mind?

Edit: Also, for anyone who wishes to conduct underwater ops and does not wish/want to create any underwater Vehicles, I'm giving you permission to have requisitioned a few of my Legions Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagles for your own use in the fluff which were made for underwater use (and by extension void use)

This is what they have:

Hidden Content

Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagle 285pts

BS F S R HP
4 12 13 12 4

Unit Composition: One Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagle
Unit Type: Vehicle (Flyer, Hover, Transport)

Access Points:

+ The Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagle has Three Access points: One running the Length of the Side Hull on each side and One Underneath. Think Star Wars LAAT (google it) but more Grim Dark and Legion-y...and Storm Eagle-y.

Special Rules:
-Deepstrike
-Assault Vehicle
-Independent Turret Fire
-Machine Spirit
-Reinforced Structure

+ Confers a 5+ Invulnerable Save

-Rapid Insertion

+ This Rule acts like the Storm Ravens "Skies of Fury" Special rule with the following changes:

+ The Models Scatter 1D6 instead of the Normal 2D6. Jump/Jet Pack Equipped Units do not Scatter, Terminator Armor Equpped Units may not perform this action.

+ May be Performed even if the Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagle is Zooming. However, the unit scatters 2D6 (1D6 for Jump/Jet Pack Equipped Modes/Units) and may not Move, Run or Assault the turn they arrive if they are deployed in this manner. Terminator Armor Equipped Units may not Perform this action.

Wargear:
-Two Wing-Mounted Twin-Linked Lascannons
-Two Turret-Mounted Twin-Linked Dual Volkite Culverins (One Nose/Front Mounted, One Rear Mounted)
-Extra Armor
-Armored Ceramite

Transport Capacity:

+ The Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagle has a Transport Capacity for 22 Models and may Carry Jump/Jet Pack Equipped Models so long as they follow the Normal Rules for Transporting Models with the 'Bulky' Special Rule.

Options:
-The Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagle may purchase the following upgrades:

+ Ram-Jet Diffraction Grid +25pts

+ Flare Shield (Active in Hover Mode Only) +25pts

+ Chaff Launcher +15pts

+ A Single Depth Charge +75pts

-A Depth Charge has the following Profile:

+ Range: --, Strength: 10, Ap1, Bomb, One Use, Armorbane, Large Blast (7"), Massive

Massive: A Bomb Weapon with this Special Rule taken as an Upgrade for a Vehicle has its Transport Capacity reduced by Half until it has been Fired.

Edited by Slipstreams

May the Ghost Walkers take part in this honorable campaign?

They are prime candidates for fighting in heavily vegetated areas and asymmetrical warfare. This XXth legion contains a sizable destroyer cadre to do scorched earth campaigns on vital Qarith areas and habitations.

The Ghost Walkers are also ideal for pathfinding and setting up LZs for the Imperial Army, if they are sent to help.

May the Ghost Walkers take part in this honorable campaign?

They are prime candidates for fighting in heavily vegetated areas and asymmetrical warfare. This XXth legion contains a sizable destroyer cadre to do scorched earth campaigns on vital Qarith areas and habitations.

The Ghost Walkers are also ideal for pathfinding and setting up LZs for the Imperial Army, if they are sent to help.

AFAIK, this is mostly a Water World with a Single Large-ish Island if I'm not mistaken so most of the Up Close and Personal Exterminatusing will be done Underwater.

If your boys are willing to get their feet wet and hitch a ride with mine or Hesh's Legions then sure! But if your focusing on mostly Land Based Ops, you may have a bit more trouble.

..not that we'd want to turn you away. Half the Legions all participating in a single Campaign on a Single World and/or Solar System is pretty awesome though!

Do we have an Idea as to what their Structures would look like? Were they Hive Based, Were these Hives Inorganic, Organic or a mix of both? Lived inside bigger Organisms that moved around? Did they have a Central command Structure or were they a Hive Mind?

Edit: Also, for anyone who wishes to conduct underwater ops and does not wish/want to create any underwater Vehicles, I'm giving you permission to have requisitioned a few of my Legions Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagles for your own use in the fluff which were made for underwater use (and by extension void use)

This is what they have:

Hidden Content

Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagle 285pts

BS F S R HP

4 12 13 12 4

Unit Composition: One Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagle

Unit Type: Vehicle (Flyer, Hover, Transport)

Access Points:

+ The Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagle has Three Access points: One running the Length of the Side Hull on each side and One Underneath. Think Star Wars LAAT (google it) but more Grim Dark and Legion-y...and Storm Eagle-y.

Special Rules:

-Deepstrike

-Assault Vehicle

-Independent Turret Fire

-Machine Spirit

-Reinforced Structure

+ Confers a 5+ Invulnerable Save

-Rapid Insertion

+ This Rule acts like the Storm Ravens "Skies of Fury" Special rule with the following changes:

+ The Models Scatter 1D6 instead of the Normal 2D6. Jump/Jet Pack Equipped Units do not Scatter, Terminator Armor Equpped Units may not perform this action.

+ May be Performed even if the Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagle is Zooming. However, the unit scatters 2D6 (1D6 for Jump/Jet Pack Equipped Modes/Units) and may not Move, Run or Assault the turn they arrive if they are deployed in this manner. Terminator Armor Equipped Units may not Perform this action.

Wargear:

-Two Wing-Mounted Twin-Linked Lascannons

-Two Turret-Mounted Twin-Linked Dual Volkite Culverins (One Nose/Front Mounted, One Rear Mounted)

-Extra Armor

-Armored Ceramite

Transport Capacity:

+ The Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagle has a Transport Capacity for 22 Models and may Carry Jump/Jet Pack Equipped Models so long as they follow the Normal Rules for Transporting Models with the 'Bulky' Special Rule.

Options:

-The Phaeton-Pattern Storm Eagle may purchase the following upgrades:

+ Ram-Jet Diffraction Grid +25pts

+ Flare Shield (Active in Hover Mode Only) +25pts

+ Chaff Launcher +15pts

+ A Single Depth Charge +75pts

-A Depth Charge has the following Profile:

+ Range: --, Strength: 10, Ap1, Bomb, One Use, Armorbane, Large Blast (7"), Massive

Massive: A Bomb Weapon with this Special Rule taken as an Upgrade for a Vehicle has its Transport Capacity reduced by Half until it has been Fired.

Hive mind is to tyranidstyle. maybe a quarith god emperor? or god king?

For structure: I'm working on it, should be up later today along with some more varients for land war

As far as the Ghost Walkers are concerned, the Qarith don't just inhabit Qarith Prime :p they also conquered many more worlds prior to coming to the Imperiums attention. So it would be perfectly feasible for the Ghost Walkers to take part

But didn't Simison say no more legions were allowed to take part as we had enough already?

The original Ullanor Crusade only had 3 legions involved (Luna Wolves, Ultramarines, and the White Scars).

That said, since you were so busy, Depth, and to get your legion involved in the setting, I'm willing to add you in as the last legion to be involved.

For the rest, Qarith Prime and, presumably, several world are Oceanic, but that still leaves the rest of the empire with land-based worlds

The eagle warriors would not fight on any ocean worlds, and would only help with reinforcing and ressuplying positions. Only sometimes doing pin point attacks to get specimen for their projects and capture Qarith. So I guess the Eagle Warriors shouldnt really count in what legions helped in the Qarith wars.

Also, most legions are only taking small roles in the war, like the Jackels, Lightning Bearers, Halycon Wardens etc.

The only legions which would need to be there in full force would be the Drowned, Scions Hospitaliers and possibly the Crimson Lions(seeing as they're listed as doing main ops)

Mostly right, except the Wardens and Bearers have more than small detachments in the overall campaign. And I doubt the Jackels are going to settle for a small investment for their vengeance strikes.

Remember, this empire is going to have several dozen planets underneath their regime, at least.

Haha I don't need to take part lol I was just offering. They'd just be a token force there anyway.

When I hear the word Qarith, I keep thinking of the Cthulu squid guys on Mon Calamari in Star Wars for some reason....