TALE - The Reunited Family

simison

This thread is going to focus on the Primarchs, their interactions with each other, their interactions with the Emperor, their experience integrating (or not-integrating) into the Imperium, and the fluff that goes with that. Examples include, first meetings, battles fought together, and unique events. (Remember how Fulgrim and Ferrus became best bros. Not everything has to be about fighting.)

Daer'dd, if you could re-post your weapon-making stories here, that'd be awesome.

Absolutely, I'll just post Alexandros and the future ones here. The first one was for Mearran so I don't think it's necessary.

The Power of Stars.

Though my weapons facility was of the highest quality, it did not hold me in the meditative state my forge did. Though for this task I needed focus, for I'd be giving the power of stars to my little brother Alexandros.

I focused in a way I haven't needed to in a century, a Plasma Blaster was a complex weapon for anyone to build, let alone improve upon. I had deconstructed one from my armory and studied every little detail. From power cores, to acceleration and cooling units and fusion chambers.

I found myself on the belly of The Dragon going through our metal supplies looking for the purest ingots. Before long I was at my forge, though it was cold. I focused my mind, my breathing, my hearts. Before I knew it more than 20 hours had passed without even a moment's pause. But before me I had a new case, cooling and accelerator units, and a mount for a gauntlet.

My workshop was busy, I'd had my finest Artificers join me in this labor now, but after a month of work the weapon was done.

I'd finished this weapon to be immaculate. It's case was without peer, virtually indestructible and a piece of artwork if I may brag. Sitting upon a clasp meant for a gauntlet two perfect symmetrical plasma weapons sat in a single case, two eagle heads representing our alliance with the Mechanicum formed the barrel of weapon, from their heads a wing on each side made the case of the weapon. In betwixt the wings a cooling unit of flawless copper. It lacked the flash of plasteel units, but was far more effective. The butt of the weapon finished in cables linked to a back unit, I'd retrofitted it with the fusion unit of a plasma cannon to make a far deadlier weapon.

I think Alexandros will be happy with this, why wouldn't he? For now he had the true power of stars at his beck and call.

And no less from the symbol of our empire itself.

This will do.

Though he did say he needed a new shield...

K'awil is generally distrustful of everyone. He will feel some small kinship with his fellow Pariahs and will likely find it even more difficult than normal to form any kind of relationship with his psychic brothers. If Daer'dd does gift him with any equipment then this will likely be the closest friendship he will form with any of his brothers. It could be that his more meditative brother is a calming and mollifying influence on him.

Raktra only ever trusted Mortarion properly, and had a degree of camaraderie with Ferrus and Angron, so whomever sits close to there would work. I don't imagine he'd like anyone too close to the Emperor much in general, or anyone who took prisoners or were part of a "gentle" legion. So I guess Alexandros would rub him the wrong way, as would Icarion.

Raktra only ever trusted Mortarion properly, and had a degree of camaraderie with Ferrus and Angron, so whomever sits close to there would work. I don't imagine he'd like anyone too close to the Emperor much in general, or anyone who took prisoners or were part of a "gentle" legion. So I guess Alexandros would rub him the wrong way, as would Icarion.

For some reason I had an idea for a sparring match/ knife fight between Raktra and Niklaas. Raktra strikes me as a "break all the thing" straight forward smash mouth kind of guy. Am I right on that?

Point being Niklaas is a hold fast and wait for a weakness, then crush mercilessly type. And I thought that would be an interesting scuffle.

I get the feeling Raktra would HATE Koschei with a passion

For some reason I had an idea for a sparring match/ knife fight between Raktra and Niklaas. Raktra strikes me as a "break all the thing" straight forward smash mouth kind of guy. Am I right on that?

Point being Niklaas is a hold fast and wait for a weakness, then crush mercilessly type. And I thought that would be an interesting scuffle.

Pretty much! I'd be interested by that, can drop the Grinder in favour of his Hell's Teeth for this.

[in response to Redd's piece.}

Alexandros finished reading the last war report before he put it away as he walked into Daer'dd's forge. His younger brother had bade him to visit for a surprise. Happy for an excuse to visit him, Alexandros had issued orders to his sons before he had made arrangements. As the Seer, it was well within his power to discover what the surprise was the moment the invitation reached him, but where was the fun in that?

For this private meeting, Alexandros wore off-duty robes, in his legion colors. Daer'dd was not one to insist on formalities, and Alexandros welcomed the chance to wear something simple and comfortable compared to the usual formality he wore when acting in the capacity of Imperial diplomat. 

As usual, Alexandros found Daer'dd in his forge. He couldn't remember a time where Daer'dd's hands were idle. Alexandros was not two steps into the forge when Daer'dd halted his current project and turned around. With a wave of a massive hand, Daer'dd greeted, "Little brother!"

Like always, the nickname evoked a reluctant smile from the smaller Primarch. "Daer'dd! It does me good to see you again." They chatted for a little while, comparing campaigns and new developments within their respective legions. Once done, Alexandros brought up the matter which had brought him here. "So, what is this surprise you mentioned?"

Daer'dd sported a huge grin before he held a finger for Alex to wait. The giant walked over to a corner of his forge, hitting a button. A hole in the wall opened, and in it sat a small package. Well, small for a Primarch. "I know you've always preferred the way of the sword," Daer'dd began as he retrieved the package. "Yet, there will always be enemies who will stand far from our reach. For this, I present you the Power of Stars."

Curiosity nourished by the quick speech, Alexandros opened the package. Within, a winged pistol awaited him, shining copper ready to burn his enemies. Now with a smile of his own, Alexandros pulled it out of its temporary home to peer over it. The craftsmanship declared its superiority as twin Eagles eagerly looked for their prey. "It is a kingly gift, Daer'dd! I am honored to accept it." Alexandros glanced over the forge. "I have a favor to ask of you, brother. As you know, my shield was damaged against the Orks, and I require another. Would you be willing to teach me how to forge a shield worthy of a master smith?"

Alexos hates everybody. done. Jkjkjk, he likes to learn, and does know respect, but he thinks he better then evervody else and kinda really hates politicans

Baahhh! My phone just erased the post I had almost finished. Once again...

I'm curious how the initial meeting between the two Alexs went. Sonething tells me the word 'horrible' might fit because, by that point, Alex is well established as the Imperium's Chief Diplomat.

Which reminds me, didn't someone (I'm guessing Thorn) mention titles. A Primarch usually had 3-4 titles, but I think everyone could up with a unique title for this setting.

I'll go first. Alex's titles are The Strategos, the Seer, and the Shield-Lord of the Wardens.

For his unique title, I'd go with Chief Diplomat, or something like that.

Open to suggestions for me. The self-made ones are the White Devil, Berserkerkin and Skyhunter. And I forgot jetbikes were called Skyhunters when I wrote it, so I'm miffed there.

Alexos hates everybody. done. Jkjkjk, he likes to learn, and does know respect, but he thinks he better then evervody else and kinda really hates politicans

Baahhh! My phone just erased the post I had almost finished. Once again...

I'm curious how the initial meeting between the two Alexs went. Sonething tells me the word 'horrible' might fit because, by that point, Alex is well established as the Imperium's Chief Diplomat.

Which reminds me, didn't someone (I'm guessing Thorn) mention titles. A Primarch usually had 3-4 titles, but I think everyone could up with a unique title for this setting.

I'll go first. Alex's titles are The Strategos, the Seer, and the Shield-Lord of the Wardens.

For his unique title, I'd go with Chief Diplomat, or something like that.

Lets just say Alexos might... I mean will... Try to kill Alexandros the moment seeing him

Alexosses titles would be: The Aztekian, the scientist, the unholy and the Gene-mage

In this Universe, His titles would be as follows:

Icarion Anasem,

Called the Stormborn, The First Son, The Guiding Star, The Angel of Light, Master of The Lightning Bearers I Legion Astartes.

Hmm... The only title I'd ever come up for Daer'dd sometime ago was God Slayer, obviously I saw Squig's Godslayers and didn't want to step on any toes. So I am very open to suggestion.

Don't try Godbreaker either, or my legion termies will squish you!

Gwalchavad titles would be: Gwalchavad - Primarch of the Wardens of Light. The Peacekeeper, The Ghost King, He who is not there, the Vagrant, The Avatar of Light

I think Gwalchavad would go along well with Alexandros and Daer'dd because both seem to be very honest characters.

I could envision a bond of respect between him and Kawil, because both share very similar feats.

Pionus was a Pragmatic Dude who, while cold and seemingly uncaring, always followed his moral compass Chaotic Good in this case.

He would always try to be "Nice Guy" during first impressions but, if the other party immediately soured the interaction, he would very much keep them at Arms Length or even see them as Beneath Him for being unwilling to get past any differences.

So, if a Primarch has a pretty nasty temper that they cant withhold from making an appearance during their First Meeting, Pionus may not be into them all that much.

...Something about possibly getting shanked upon being seen by the other party tends to leave a bad taste in his mouth :p

Hes also VERY into the Imperial Truth having grown up and lived in a very scientific society.

Pionus Santors Titles are:

The Healer, The Ocean Walker, The Perfecter, The Atlantean (Hes got a Trident and lives under the sea.. :p)

In this Universe, His titles would be as follows:

Icarion Anasem,

Called the Stormborn, The First Son, The Guiding Star, The Angel of Light, Master of The Lightning Bearers I Legion Astartes.

Wait, Icarion has an actual last name?

EDIT: Don't worry about it, Mikhal. Because I don't mind, and I don't know how to delete posts without a mod's intervention.

Slips, I can't tell you how hard I'm resisting the evil song...

Koschei wishes for all men to become equals, and cares deeply about his legion.  He does what he thinks is best for them, even if it means disobeying the orders of his father.

His titles are:  The Dreamer, The Light in the Darkness, Son of Zbruch, Kingslayer

Azus is a bit of a lone wolf if he can help it, and he by far prefers to hang back and blow things to uncountable pieces with his gun than get up close where the enemy can retaliate.  While some call him a coward, he calls himself sensible.

Azus' titles are: The Ghost of the Sands, the Crimson King, Longshot

*snip*

Wait, Icarion has an actual last name?

EDIT: Don't worry about it, Mikhal. Because I don't mind, and I don't know how to delete posts without a mod's intervention.

Slips, I can't tell you how hard I'm resisting the evil song...

:p

...also, while I think I got the intent behind your message...mind clarifying in the event that my brain is still fried and might be getting it wrong?

*snip*

The Healer, The Ocean Walker, The Perfecter, The Atlantean (Hes got a Trident and lives under the sea.. :tongue.:)

This part. ~Oooooohhh, who lives in a pineapple under *EXPLOSION*

Archived