EVENT - The Great Crusade

simison

AFAIK, The Emperor, in the CanonVerse, was of the Mind that: Xenos that Cause no Harm to Humanity are to be left in peace or something to that effect. 

...I remember Reading something like that a while back.

Hummm, wouldn't mind a source for that one... To me, it seems like even the ones that actually WANTED to help were often gunned down (sorry, no source either, and the original HH trilogy would tend to indicate the contrary)

I don't think there is definite answer on it. But I like to think because of xenos still kicking around that the Emperor was less brutal about it and while abhumans do have an accepted role amongst humanity, maybe even some xenos would be tolerated or accepted. Opposed to Orks, H'rud, Eldar, etcetera who mostly wanted to murder the living crap out of humanity.

There is kinda-sorta-Precedence for this with the Tau.

The Imperium Discovered the planet when they were still at the Caveman Level but decided not to glass the planet since they posed no real threat.

Yet.

And boy did they regret that one. Theres also the oft mentioned Jokaero and Abhumans. The Demiurg (I have to remove the E or I keep thinking of a

of the same name), I feel, look human enough to be able to pass off as Abhumans especially if they have no ill will towards the Imperium.

Slip, just proving Daer'dd and Pionus are close brothers I've written about 90% of my Iron Bears stuff listening to Koloss haha.

Hahahahah Amazing!

To add some structure and a concrete goal to let us say 'We did it!', I'm going to borrow from Forgeworld. I want to see three Exemplary Battles from each legion, or one big campaign that portrays their style to all. Now, there's nothing to stop anyone from going above and beyond, but now we will have a definitive finish line.

AO108 and I were dreaming up something right after the naming of the warmaster of Alexos and Daer'dd and their legions coming to a few blows and some serious fleet positioning before a brother intervenes. That could be something pretty big for both of us as it shows the absolute abject nature of arguably the two most opposite of brothers.

And in the end gwal.tutored alexos. Funny. But i could imagine gwal to rush to his brothers in order to calm alexos and keep peace between his brothers. And as thanking gift alexos destroys a.ship from gwal and nearly stabs him to death amd infuse him with some quarith drugs....:-d yeah...alexos is so absolutly nice...

Battle of Three Flags

Having completed their reorganization after the Albyon campaign, the aggressive Vth would be deployed en masse on the former coastal regions of Nordafrik. Thunder Warriors and proto-Imperial Army units had been attempting a breakthrough at a key Conclave defense zone located near the transportation hub of Three Flags. Across a 64 kilometer front, the Nordafrik Conclaves had established an array of fortifications and several veteran armies of techno-barbarians. Critical to the defenses were a series of towers that created void 'umbrellas'. These umbrellas did not extend to the ground, but, in turn, protected a much larger surface area from aerial attack. Thus, with the exception of massed atomic bombardment which would ruin Three Flag's utility, the only available tactic were massed ground assaults. Unfortunately, in addition to the swath of defensive emplacements and masses of warriors, the Conclaves employed an elite armoured brigade that could reinforce and counter-attack any breaches the Emperor's forces had made up until then. 

This duty fell upon the shoulders of the Vth's Legion's first commander: Legion Master Bizs'ark. Limited to a ground assault, he identified the enemy armoured brigade, known as the Desert Wolves, as the priority target. If they were eliminated, the enemy defences would be crippled as the enemy infantry would be unable to match the Imperium's mobility. Bizs'ark began the campaign with a series of small pushes against random enemy positions to test reaction times and to confirm intelligence reports on the enemy's strength. Once the weakest point was located, the Legion Master gathered his forces for a massive assault, requesting an additional fleet of rhinos for the task. Granted, he proceeded to fill the new rhinos with jump packs. At the same time, he assembled his Predators and had half of them reduce side armor and transferred to their front hull facing. To their commanders, he warned that no matter what, their tanks must face toward the enemy. 

Preparations complete, the Battle of Three Flags began. Forming the largest armoured formation at the time, the modified Predators formed the forward ranks, while the regular Predators were stationed on the flanks. Within the formation were the rhinos and their cargo. The opening shots occurred as evening faded in. Despite moving full speed into a whirlwind of anti-tank fire and explosives, only a fraction of the Predators were lost before they successfully penetrated the enemy defence lines. Here, the rear half of the rhinos halted as legionnaires poured out of them to secure the initial break. With the enemy coming straight for them, the Desert Wolves scrambled to their tanks and were forced to meet the enemy only a kilometer from their main base. 

Despite losing the initiative, the Desert Wolves regained control of the battle as they out-maneuvered the modified Predators, who were either reduced to stationary positions to maintain front armour facing or reduced to reckless driving to avoid being shot on their weaker sides. However, while the Predators suffered, they accomplished their main goal as a distraction force. The Rhinos who came with them came to a standstill. Out of half of them came assault troops who quickly entered the other half, which were used as mobile storehouses for their jump packs. Just as the Desert Wolves seem to take hold of victory, the air above their heads became field with Astartes as fired meltaguns and latched meltabombs onto the enemy tanks. 

With no infantry support and matched on maneuverability, the Desert Wolves were destroyed entirely. With the priority target dead, Bizs'ark left a small force to occupy the nearby enemy base before he had the rest of his forces turn around and head back to the breach. There, their brothers had established strong positions but were in danger of being overwhelmed as hordes of enemy infantry finally reached their lines from nearby strongholds. As Bizs'ark's armoured fist hit them, the Conclave forces panicked and a rout followed. The Predator commanders avenged their fallen brethen as they slaughtered the enemy. The breach was secured.

While other defences remained, these would be systematically dismantled in the days to come with few casualties. The Nordafrik Conclaves now faced an entire legion on a compromised flank. Due to the legion's heroism and prowess, they earned the nickname Storm Riders and the veterans of the battle would become the first Prefects. 

Edited by simison

Fun story Simison!

I've got everything together for my three crusade pieces

1. Will be an early crusade against the Orks along side Niklaas and the fire keepers.

2. Will be a single Wartribe action against an Eldar craft world by the 4th.

3.will be a post warmaster action against a small human empire with assistance from Alexos and his eagles, that ends up with the two legions at blows.

Also just a thought Daer'dd, Alexandros, Pionus, and Hectarion are supposed to be really good together. Virtually unstoppable I was thinking it'd be kinda cool to through that in the mix to show why they're so dangerous together.

I was lying around thinking about it and I had an idea for the four Primarchs killing things together.

Roughly ten years after the death of Magnus and Russ there is Novae near the galactic core. Quickly Astropaths are overwhelmed with calls for help near the event four or five different Imperial systems report being overrun by living metal skeletons.

Basically the Novae caused a reaction in nearby tomb worlds causing the awakening protocol to activate. Hundreds of millions of Nercrons crawl from the ground supported by their cyclopian war machines destroying all in their patb. After a few weeks of absolute destruction it turns out an Eldar quarantined dead moon was actually a world engine and these separate Nercon tombs merge into a massive fleet behind the World Engine cutting a bloody swathe through the galactic core. The Emperor and many brothers are already knee deep in warfare so it falls upon Alexandros, Daer'dd, Hectarion, and Pionus and their four legions all recently rearming after various campaigns to stop this new threat.

Thoughts?

Yap. The Necrons Are for 40k

As I recall it, the First tombworld to be activated was around 36k?

And: if you come up with the 4 primarch idea, then you weaken the whole quarith Triumph plot. Can't this Meeting of 4 take Place in the quarith? Otherwise it is a tad too much to be honest.

I've never really thought of Necrons as purely 40k like Tau are, just because they're a pretty big part of the History with the war of the Gods and the Dragon on Mars and such. Plus I'm only talking about a few tomb worlds not the whole race.

And no this won't even touch the glory of Triumph, that is a long, brutal campaign. This is more or less one glorified space battle to take out the world engine and the fleet, the whole thing should last no more than a week IMO.

Sorry, i Understand, that you warnt to put all 4 together, but Atm aus a Reader, and it lessens the importance of the quarith. Because 4 primarchs who go for one enemy -> very big threath. When the quarith comes afterwards: very Big threath, Lot of primarchs involved,... Again???? Even if this one is a quick surgical operation. But if so, then why Not sending only one Max two Legions?

The necrons Are Important for the whole Story, but they sleep until 40k. Developing a new Killer threat, See above. Some things can get really fast redundant. Too many climaxes can destroy a story in my opinion.

My Suggestion: if the quarith triumph is so Long and Dirty, then it makes Sense to Pick one campaign out to let the 4 primarches Join forces and take a whole quarith world out.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Or you can use the glorified space battle idea against the Qarith idea ? I can't remember seeing how they got around between stars ?

Also, to make it seem "less important", you could only include one or two companies per legion against this new threat, instead of the whole legions that fight the Qarith during the triumph ?