Loyalists' Strategium

simison

Although it's possible that if, after the siege of Terra, the loyalists take the "First we have to win the war. Then we can re build" attitude, it might make sense to select another warmaster. In this case, I'm saying that under these circumstances Hectarion may be the best choice for that spot.

"Yes yes yes gooood you mere humans, argue about the codex... Yes yes... My warp tricks will soon work... yes... Mwhahahaha"

*Ahem*

I agree with 229 on that it would be logical for a new warmaster, I just dont agree on that Hectarion would be appointed warmaster,seeing as his worst side would be brought out by the warp games of Alexos (I will make a short story on how Alexos plays warp mind games with all the loyalist primarchs, just to put em on edge and create doubt)

Although it's possible that if, after the siege of Terra, the loyalists take the "First we have to win the war. Then we can re build" attitude, it might make sense to select another warmaster. In this case, I'm saying that under these circumstances Hectarion may be the best choice for that spot.

It's not a bad idea, since the title Warmaster hasn't forever tainted. 

Likewise, there's no rule that the legions have to break down into chapters, but having smaller units tied to locations would be a better defense than the huge expeditionary fleets.

It's not a bad idea, since the title Warmaster hasn't forever tainted.

Likewise, there's no rule that the legions have to break down into chapters, but having smaller units tied to locations would be a better defense than the huge expeditionary fleets.

I agree absolutely with this. That's actually what I was sort of getting at earlier. The Astartes were originally supposed to be the primary fighting unit. The pace of the great crusade outstripped their resources and we ended up with the Army. But what's to say what would happen after the scouring? We don't know if something like Vandire or the Black Crusades would happen and without combat deaths Astartes can live tremendous lengths of time. So by M33 we might have 5,000,000+ Astartes if production was kept up at all.

Godstooth and a Twin.

Ohh Hectarion how I admire you so.

Father gave you such an internal strength I admire so. He gave me muscle to match or best any of our brothers, but he gave you strength.

So in my admiration, I do what I can to show my love as a brother. I give you the axe off my back.

I pull Mekwahawk off my back, in Huronian cant it's "The Striking Bear" so I find it fitting for The Crimson Lion that I can give him his teeth and claws.

Hundreds of Stone Lion teeth litter my workbench. Along with clock work gears fitted with perfectly weighted balancing Rubys and my own chain blade taken apart my area looks less mine and more like a H'rud pack lair, or even a Tridentia Swamp Dragon den.

I use a process I perfected before I knew I was a Primarch. Every chain link, every gear is atomically perfect. I use an ultra hard Osmium alloy from a dead Magnatar, only my stealing of xenos tech allowed me to get it. I might as well have tried swimming into a black hole the gravity was so massive. But those Eldar who beat and tortured my people before I called Huron home, their tech was better in my hands.

For Godstooth I changed the shape to a heavily bearded half moon, clasped to the handle by two lion's paws each claw a cut ruby. A rear balance spike in an Aquiline head. The spike featured a powerfield strong enough to make little more than paper of a Titan's armour. Each Stone Lion tooth was hollowed and set with complex micro field generators. Sealed into each tooth with a diamond hard resin. I put a new edge on each tooth made of Terran Adamantium Father gave to me personally. And on the side of the blade I forge an old symbol given new meaning, made from the same golden alloy as Father's armour. A piece I call the Crux Terminatus.

I finish two small sets of adamantium teeth to go in the opposed direction of the main bite to create a scissoring effect. And two last details, one claw from a War Bear, and one tooth from Kraken.

We should have been with Russ, maybe he wouldn't have died. The three of us were absolutely unstoppable together. And we should have been there to save him and the Wolves. But at least you'll always have a bit of Russ and I to fight with you.

The second to last detail is the hardest to manufacture, I've only made one before for my son Damon. The Osmium alloy has a use. Compressed into a liquid state by unimaginably powerful magnetic fields and suspended by anti grav fields, the Nuetronic Osmium would be impossible even for me to lift. Only when you swing the blade perfectly, the anti grav suspensors will disengage and you'll hit with the force of ten Fellblade tanks falling from 500 feet up. I slip a crimson stained piece of Birch over the mechanism for a handle and finish with a pommel of a Lion's head. Go and wage war with it as only you can. For now you have a bite that is worthy of you.

One more to go: Has the Emperor ultimately be inserted on the Golden Throne, because of his wounds? What if he must reside there because the wards would shatter, if he leaves it? Because there is no Psyker left who is so strong, that he could take his place over. If that were the case, the big emprah is still around. He can't move, but he can give orders to his sons. So every problem will be solved, cause big poppa is there

Yeah, but the question is: Is he the same hollow as in the canonverse or is he somebody who can actual give orders and control everything. And did he left his throne to destroy Icarion or was Icarion killed by someone else? And what about Malcador?

Just to add some bits I hadn't gotten to in my Iron Bears information. The likely break down of forces with Daer'dd when he falls will be the Totem Guard, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th Grand War Tribes. Because of the size of the 4th they're allowed to act autonomously so like wouldn't be near the rest of the Legion. And the 6th is always on Huron as it's guardians and they're responsible for finding and training the cubs of the legion. Otherwise it would be the those 5 groups, save for a dozen or two garrison forces. Once Daer'dd falls the remaining forces will fall back with Daer'dd's corpse to regroup save what they can and strike again once reenforced.

Just to add some bits I hadn't gotten to in my Iron Bears information. The likely break down of forces with Daer'dd when he falls will be the Totem Guard, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th Grand War Tribes. Because of the size of the 4th they're allowed to act autonomously so like wouldn't be near the rest of the Legion. And the 6th is always on Huron as it's guardians and they're responsible for finding and training the cubs of the legion. Otherwise it would be the those 5 groups, save for a dozen or two garrison forces. Once Daer'dd falls the remaining forces will fall back with Daer'dd's corpse to regroup save what they can and strike again once reenforced.

The Stygian Jackals will be happy to send a Tracking Cadre to hound them all the way to Huron to harrow the rearmost elements of the retreating Bears.

It makes sense, I feel like the Bears and Lions have a close bond and mutual admiration. Mayhaps it's Harkon's intervention that allows the Bears to fight to a retreat.

Also, if it's cool with everyone I was hoping the 4th Grand War Tribe could be part of the defence of Terra.

It makes sense, I feel like the Bears and Lions have a close bond and mutual admiration. Mayhaps it's Harkon's intervention that allows the Bears to fight to a retreat.

Also, if it's cool with everyone I was hoping the 4th Grand War Tribe could be part of the defence of Terra.

It will be done. As I've pictured it, most of the Loyalist Primarchs and, at least, half their legions are defending the Sol System at the final battle. 

One more to go: Has the Emperor ultimately be inserted on the Golden Throne, because of his wounds? What if he must reside there because the wards would shatter, if he leaves it? Because there is no Psyker left who is so strong, that he could take his place over. If that were the case, the big emprah is still around. He can't move, but he can give orders to his sons. So every problem will be solved, cause big poppa is there

That remains undecided. In my initial draft, I've included the same ending as the canon timeline, but I've got an alternate ending in mind. 

In the alternate ending, the Emperor, while grievously wounded by Icarion, either allows himself to die to respawn or makes a full recovery. 

As you can imagine, not much of a story left if the Emperor can fight, but that's the point. If we decide to or if too many people lose interest after we completed the Insurrection but before we get to the Scouring and the End Times, then I want the Icarion Insurrection to have a clear ending. And nothing is as final as the Emperor personally returning to war. 

Again, this alternate ending is completely dependent on what happens in Real Life as opposed what happens in our setting.

End times end times. Yeahhh.

One thing for sure: the wardens of light remains split. Even as Gwalchavad helped out in the end. He sets his soms free. Welcome "grey wardens" gnahahaha:)

You cheeky devil.

Okay on the issue of the Emperor I've had a long standing theory that he's not nearly as badly wounded as they make it seem. Think about it, during the great crusade he was so powerful that he was able to use so much power whilst still powering the Astronomicon and making everyone see what he wanted to of himself. And at least according to the old lore he was already 37,000 years old, and had been born into a simple human body and with mostly his sheer psychic might he changed himself to be the greatest physical entity in the known universe. As he could best any Primarch, Greater Daemon, Avatar of Khaine, C'tan, etcetera. And to simply let his body become a corpse seems illogical at best, I mean I get that it's supposed to be Grimdark. But when you create someone to be at that high a power level you can't really go "well he got beat up too badly". I mean hell Magnus made himself new bodies from his Body of Light after Russ broke his physical form. And Magnus is quite a bit less powerful than the big E. Alright rant over.

Archived