Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Broken Throne - The Grave Stalkers

Grave Stalkers Alternate Heresy Brotherhood of the Lost

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

I have decided to create a thread here in addition to my original one on the heresy30k forum in order to try and keep our Legions all together in one place. My original thread will mainly stick to the Grave Stalkers and K'awil Pakal in the canon universe, whereas this one will be more about them in their guise as the XVth Legion in the Brotherhood of the Lost alternate reality.

The Grave Stalkers:

My XV Legion are a small legion of marines with an unusually high incidence of Pariahs. They focus quite a lot on hit and run as well as psychological warfare. They have particularly poor relations with their fellow legions and the other forces of the Imperium. I am taking some influences from the Aztec and Mayan cultures, in particular the sacrifice of warriors.

Lastly upon reading the latest assassins rules last night I spotted that certain rules, equipment and weapons which influenced how my legion works have changed since I wrote them. This leaves me with the dilemma of whether to re-write them to match better with 7th Edition assassins or leave them as they are. I'm currently leaning towards updating them, but would appreciate any input into that decision.

Warning: All the spoilers contain rather large images of the pages taken from the current (13/07/16) version of the book. You have been warned msn-wink.gif

GRAVE STALKERS HISTORY, STRUCTURE & EXEMPLARY BATTLES:

Spoiler

ALLIES CHART & PARIAH RULES

Spoiler

LEGION RULES

Spoiler

LEGION UNITS

Spoiler

LEGION SPECIAL CHARACTERS

Spoiler

LEGION PRIMARCH

Spoiler

Edited by Kelborn, 12 February 2020 - 03:39 PM.

Praefectus Invictus

Praefectus Invictus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 745 posts
  • Faction: XIII Legion, Blood Angels

Good idea brother, may need to copy it msn-wink.gif . I especially like the spectre armour. It adds a real cool vibe to the characters allowed to take, it sort of like a "I'm here!" "and now I'm here. catch me if you can". And now I want to paint up a moritat in spectre armour Just because

Edited by Praefectus Invictus, 12 August 2015 - 10:33 AM.

• Grifftofer likes this

Blood Angels

HH Ultramarines

XI Legion: http://www.bolterand...n/#entry4140289

Khorne Daemonkin

Formerly Sanguinata

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

Ok. So I've made some adjustments to K'awil to make his rules more in-line with the current rules. I decided to leave the Pariah rules as they are in order to not have 5+ Culexus assassins running around messing everything up. I've left his points as they are, because I don't think the changes are too major and he was possibly overcosted by a little anyways.

I'm also having some interesting ideas for what to do for his crippled form. Probably some kind of daemonic enhancement for his blades, but lose attacks, initiative, wounds and his headgear. Also thinking hatred would be appropriate as would Slow and Purposeful to prevent running and overwatch.

If you have any ideas/suggestions send them in on a postcard (or post here, whichever)

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,298 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Well, upon a first reading of all your units I, for now, have a few questions:

• Was it intentional for Reaper Squads to have 5 Attacks Each on the Charge? Sure, its Charnabal Sabers but, with Rending, they still have a sufficient volume of dice where, statistically, a LOT of 6's are going to pop up.
  • Maybe make it so that a Terminator Blacksoul can only join Terminator Armor Equipped Units? There would be no real reason not to take any non-TDA equipped Blacksouls for Non-Bike/Jetbike/Specter Squads. Especially since they cant normally buy Artificer Armor so you'd essentially be circumventing that limitation for +5pts over the normal costs of buying a Power Weapon and an Invulnerable Save of which Cataphractiis is better as well as still having a way to give a 3+ Squad a 2+ Character to tank shots with -- even better since he has an Invulnerable Save meaning he might even be able to tank Ap2 hits.
  • For your Specter Squad, since they're so shooting focused, you consider giving them Suspensor-Web Heavy Weapon Options?
  • For the Wreathed in Shadows Rule, I might make it so that the Squad gains Shrouded when they arrive from Reserves or Move (Movement or Assault Phase) to represent them either using their Shroud Grenades to mask their movements or their Jetpacks producing enough Smoke/Whatever to give them cover.
    • The Above would help change it up a bit by having a shooty unit thats better on the move to demonstrate them confusing the enemy by constantly displacing themselves from their last known Location. It also stops them from potentially turning into a 2+ or 3+ Cover (in Ruins) Static Shooty Unit that we seems to see a lot of.
  • Also, How about giving them the Night Vision Special Rule or the option to buy Infravisors? And perhaps defensive grenades too?

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

Yay. Comments to reply to.

• For the reaper squads the number of attacks was indeed intentional. It is basically their 'thing' other army elites get better WS and weapon options (or as standard) and these guys get volume of attacks. True this means they get lots of attacks, which with rending makes them potentially heavy hitting. But looking at the statistics they only ever hit on 4+s at best meaning that you get less than 1 rend per 2 Reapers on the charge on average. And everything short of some Imperial Army units will be getting saves against the rest of their hits. If they charge a tactical squad they will cause on average 4.17 rends and kill 2.78 more after saves. The tactical squad would hit back and cause 3.41 casualties. Both both have lost 1/3 of their effectiveness in one round of combat and that was with the reapers charging and no upgrades than additional ccws on the tacticals.
  • You are quite right about the Terminator Blacksoul. I hadn't even really considered that an option, but it is not one I would wish to exist. So I will change the wording to close the loophole so that you can only attach the appropriately equipped blacksouls to similarly equipped units.
  • I hadn't really considered it, no. I saw them more as seekers in role so they wouldn't get heavy weapons, but your idea intruiges me. Also technically they wouldn't need suspensors as jet pack infantry are relentless, but I'd add them on as a small downgrade. Force them to use half range heavy weapons if they move. Also is it wrong to want to give them suspensor Volkite Culverins?
  • That is a very good point. I had seen the combination of shrouded and stealth as being powerful, but thought it would be mitigated because it is only vs shooting and you can't have a 2+ with it. But I agree that promoting the hit & run approach is what I should be doing with this unit. Maybe change it to the following:    Wreathed in Shadows: The model gains the Shrouded special rule in any turn in which it moves in both the movement and the shooting phase.       That should promote the right kind of tactics with them.
  • Are you thinking that Night Vision should be for the Legion, the Spectres or for the Armour? I'm not quite sure. I hadn't thought of Infravisors as an option, but it does make sense for them. Also defensive grenades are a good idea too if you mean as a unique equipment option for the Legion. I certainly have space in that area to fill it out a little.

Thank you for your comments. You've pointed out some things that I hadn't realised and given me new ideas of where to go next with things too. Will see about implementing the changes in the morning as it is quite late here now.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,298 posts

I'm at Maximum likes :(

And, yes, Suspensor-Culvering ALL THE FREAKIN' WAY! CHOOOOOOOOOMMMM :P It being Limited to ~25" also makes it more fair for such a Mobile Unit.

For Wreathed In shadow, Id specify it more as: "So Long as the Unit has moved that Turn". That way you can Move in Movement, Shoot and, if possible, assault move out for the bonus or, Not Move, Shoot then assault move out and still get the bonus. But, add the stipulation that if the unit is falling back, the bonus does not apply.

Might give you the possibility to bait out some units from your opponent.

For Night Vision: If you can find a Fluffstification for it, Fair Game for any of the Options. if you can't an Infravisor at +1pts per model is good enough as an option.

For the Reapers: Ok, fair enough :P

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

Ok. Implemented the suggestions you made Slips. Also specified that the Spectre armor does not give relentless like normal jet pack infantry. I can fluff it as the inertial compensators are unable to dampen recoil on heavier weapons sufficiently to provide a stable platform whilst on the move, unless Suspensor webs are used to lighten the weapon independently. The points are based off of the Veteran and Heavy Weapon squads as a Volkite Culverin is +10 over a Heavy Bolter it made sense to carry that across to this unit.

Will fill in the specific details on the Infravisors and Defensive Grenades later, but I'll probably make them both available to any Grave Stalkers character for +5 and +10 points respectively. It means that my 'normal' units can benefit from them as well as HQs, but will lose the bonus if the sergeant dies. That works for me as the sergeant would co-ordinate their use on the field.

Oh and I now really want to start trying to convert some Spectres using Sanguinary Guard and some other bits I have around the house. Which include a pack of Culverins ;)

Edited by Grifftofer, 15 August 2015 - 08:53 AM.

• Slips likes this

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

Ok. I have the day to myself so I will likely be making at least a couple of updates through the day. First up is my avatar within the Legion:

AJAWAY                                                                                  180 points

The Thrice Damned, Lord of the Fallen

WS       BS        S       T        W        I        A         LD       Sv
Ajaway                                    6          5          4        4        3        5        4         10        2+

Unit Composition

• 1 (Unique)

Unit Type

• Infantry (Character)

Wargear

• Artificer Armor
  • 2 Charnabal Sabres
  • 2 Bolt Pistols
  • Frag & Krak Grenades
  • Iron Halo

Special Rules

• Legiones Astartes (Grave Stalkers)
  • Independent Character
  • Thrice Damned
  • Lord of the Fallen (Special Option)
  • Hatred (Everyone)
  • Master of the Legion
  • Marked by Dark Fates

Options

Ajaway may take one of the following:

• Jump Pack............................................... +20 points
  • 'Modified' Spectre Armor.......................... +35 points (Ajaway retains his 2+ save in his specially crafted spectre armor)

Warlord Trait

Comes the Reaper: Ajaway counts as a denial unit and no enemy unit within 3" of him can claim objectives.

Lord of the Fallen

If Ajaway is part of your army then he will always be the army's Warlord, regardless of the Leadership of other HQ choices unless K'awil Pakal is also present. He does not roll on the Warlord Traits table but instead uses his own unique trait.

After his Primarch's fall Ajaway takes up his corrupted blade as a symbol of his stewardship over what is left of the Legion. So long as K'awil Pakal is not also present in the army, Ajaway may exchange one of his Charnabal Sabres for [Name is WIP], the blade of K'awil, for +30 points.

Range       S         AP      Type
[Name is WIP]                -         User       2        Melee, Phasing Hits, Duellist’s Edge

Phasing Hits

Each successful to wound roll of a 6 results in a Phasing Wound. Invulnerable saves may not be taken against Phasing Wounds.

Marked by Dark Fates

The fates hold an eternity of torments for Ajaway. In campaign games where character casualties and injuries between battles are a factor, any such chart results for Ajaway may be re-rolled.

Thrice Damned

Ajaway has the Fear and Zealot special rules.

There he is. Hopefully he's not too powerful. He hasn't had the time devoted to him that some of my other units have. The as yet unnamed blade that he takes from the Primarch is what I am considering using for K'awil after he has been crippled. I know it's more powerful than before, but it is going to be an early Daemon weapon and he has some significant stat reductions meaning that he is seriously unlikely to get more than 1 Phasing hit in any given turn. I have him being worked out on paper now, so will probably update with his 'crippled' stats in a little while.

Edited by Grifftofer, 14 October 2015 - 07:13 AM.

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

K’AWIL PAKAL (CRIPPLED)                                            395 POINTS

THE SOULLESS, SHIELD AGAINST THE EMPYREAN

WS      BS        S       T       W        I        A         LD       Sv
K’awil Pakal                        7          5         5        6        5        5       4         10        2+

Unit Composition

• 1 (Unique)

Unit Type

• Jet Pack Infantry (Character)

Wargear

• The Kimi Etinab
  • Tun Winik
  • Frag grenades

Special Rules

• Primarch (Independent Character, Eternal Warrior, Fear, Adamantium Will, Fleet, Fearless, It Will Not Die, Master of the Legion)
  • Sire of the Grave Stalkers
  • Pariah Gene (Alpha)
  • Soulless
  • Uk’ik Pixan
  • Preferred Enemy (Psykers)
  • Hatred (Loyalists)
  • Slow & Purposeful
  • Very Bulky

SPECIAL RULES
Sire of the Grave Stalkers
Any model with the Daemon special rule must re-roll successful invulnerable saves when locked in combat with K’awil Pakal. All models with the Legiones Astartes (Grave Stalkers) special rule gain the Hatred (Loyalists) special rule. Reaper Squads may be taken as Troops choices in an army with K’awil Pakal as its Warlord.

Soulless
K’awil Pakal’s nature is even more pronounced even than that of his most blessed sons. Simply being near to him confuses and disheartens. Unfortunately this is not an ability over which he has conscious control, so it affects allies as well as enemies.
Any unit (friend or foe) with a model within 12” of K’awil Pakal, that does not have the Legiones Astartes (Grave Stalkers) special rule, suffers a -3 penalty to it's Leadership.

Pariah Gene (Alpha)

• Any psykers within 12”of K’awil do not generate Warp Charge (they do not add dice to the Warp Charge Pool during the psychic phase) and only harness Warp Charge Points of a 6. This does not stack with the Aetheric Tempest special rule.
  • K’awil provides +4 dice to the Warp Charge pool in his opponent’s psychic phase. Additionally K’awil always counts as being a Psyker of a higher Mastery Level when rolling Deny the Witch rolls.
  • An army that contains K’awil always gets +1 to all Deny the Witch rolls (Including those to resist Blessing powers.) and can re-roll any failed Deny the Witch rolls.

Uk’ik Pixan
K’awil Pakal’s mere presence is sufficient to draw the life force out of even the hardiest foes. Those attuned to such things can see the spirits being ripped from their bodies when K’awil strikes. He can literally cause death with but a touch.
All of K’awil Pakal’s attacks in combat have the Instant Death special rule.

WARGEAR
Tun Winik (damaged)
Tun Winik provides a 2+ armour save and a 4+ invulnerable save. It also provides K’awil with the Stealth and Shrouded special rules.

The Kimi Etinab
The only weapon to make it out of the conflict which crippled K'awil. It was re-forged in a Warp-fuelled forge and a Greater Daemon unwillingly bound into its core. It now exists only partially in this reality allowing it to pierce the most potent of defenses.

Range       S         AP      Type
The Kimi Etinab             -         User        2       Melee, Phasing Hits, Duellist’s Edge

Phasing Hits

Each successful to wound roll of a 6 results in a Phasing Wound. Invulnerable saves may not be taken against Phasing Wounds.

The points here are a bit tricky. He is much less a combat Primarch now and likely wouldn't last too long against many of his brothers, but his support abilities are still intact. Albeit changed slightly from what they were. I'll try him out against some other Primarchs at some point to see if my thoughts are right on this.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,298 posts

Only real way to test your characters and their alterations would be to perform mock "Who Would Win" Battles with their nearest equivalent!

Its what I'm meaning to do with Pionus :P

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

I did that with K'awil previously against the canon Primarchs, he didn't fare too well. Doubt he'll do too much better now :P I intend to stack him against the other Brootherhood Primarchs at some point though.

Sigismund229

Sigismund229

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,567 posts
Oh oh please do him against Hectarion first(I know that they have wildly different specialsms but I want to see how Hectarion does against a BoL primarch)
The Brotherhood of the Lost

Signature

The IIIrd legion, the Crimson Lions formerly known as the Blood Wolves. http://www.bolterand...-crimson-lions/

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts
Sure thing. Will maybe have time this evening to run through a couple of rounds. I can put the results up if you like. Though probably won't be as interesting as the ones simison and Raktra write as I'm no writer like them.

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

K'awil vs Hectarion. Round 1

Hectarion wins the roll for first turn And passes his Leadership test to get +1 Initiative for the fight.

Hectarion stands, proud, in the middle of the field, waiting. He feels the unnatural chill in the air and knows what will follow.

He holds still, waiting.

“Come face me brother! Or will you not show me your face after this atrocity you have begun?!” He calls out challengingly into the darkness.

K'awil moves up 6” and does nothing more as he is out of range.

K'awil stalks out of the night, the shadows wrapping themselves around him as if in an embrace. “It is not we who commit an atrocity. But our father.” K'awil spits the word 'father' in disgust.

Hectarion moves forwards and unleashes Hereah's Breath on K'awil. It causes a wound, but K'awil saves. He attempts a charge, but fails due to K'awils shroud bombs.

“I will not let dishonour him so. Your traitorous insurrectionists will be brought to account for their deeds. But you, I will deal with myself.” So saying Hectarion rushes forwards unleashing a massive gout of flame at his once brother, which slips harmlessly over his armoured carapace. The darkness wraps itself around K'awil once more and he seemingly disappears as Hectarion closes the distance. “It is not you who will end my life. Brother.” K'awil's voice echoes from all around carrying his scorn with it.

K'awil moves in and uses Sotz'hun's scream to cause a wound to Hectarion, which is nullified by his Invulnerable Save. K'awil now charges, getting hit 3 times by Overwatch suffering a rend and an extra wound, but both are deflected by his armour. K'awil's Hammer of Wrath wounds but bounces off Hectarion's armour. Hectarion attacks 6 times, causing 6 hits and 4 wounds. 2 are saved by K'awil's armour leaving him with 4 remaining. Striking back K'awil hits 3 times, wounds with all 3 but only one makes it past Hectarion's armour. K'awil rolls for his IWND and passes

From out of the pitch black K'awil strikes! The unique piercing shrill of Sotz'hun causes blood to flow from his nose and mouth. Spitting a curse he leaps into a counter-attack swinging a wave of fire into K'awils path. The flames cause no damage but distract K'awil for the critical moment that Hectarion need to act. Godstooth comes down in several mighty blows, causing flakes to fall from the fractures ceramite of Tun Winik. This doesn't stop K'awil though as he barrels into the Mycenor and lashes out catching him across the cheek with one of his Kinsik blades.

Once again Hectarion hits with all his attacks and wounds with 4. This time K'awil fails 3 Invulnerable Saves and drops to 2 wounds. Attacking in return K'awil hits 3 times, but only wounds once. The one hit gets through Hectarion's armour at which point he recovers it with his IWND roll. K'awil takes this opportunity to H&R and jumps to 11” away.

“You'll pay for that.” Hectarion leaps for his brother once more swinging ferociously, almost at the point of losing all control. K'awil fights furiously with him for four longs second during which over a dozen blows are exchanged, before leaping from the fray with several rents in his armour. Hectarion is not entirely unscathed with a long slice taken out of one of his greaves, down nearly to the bone.

K'awil now moves closer once more and screams at Hectarion to no effect. He charges, passing with the minimum 5” required. Overwatch causes 2 hits, 2 of which wounds and is then saved and then HoW does nothing either. Hectarion then hits 5 times, causes 4 wounds and strips K'awil of his remaining 2 wounds.

Charging in once again, this time Hectarion shakes of Sotz'hun's deadly effects. The wall of fire that he produces from Hereahs Breath once again has no effect on his fast moving brother. But a quick uppercut from Godstooth knocks K'awil to the ground a large dent in his chestpiece. “I told you your fight would end this day brother. I do not lie.” With that Hectarion brings his axe down and ends the life of the fifteenth Primarch.

Ok that was much more one-sided than I expected tongue.png Though some pretty good rolls came up for Hectarion's attacks which may have skewed the match-up slightly. Not got time for any more tonight, but hopefully some more will come soon.

Edited by Grifftofer, 15 August 2015 - 09:36 PM.

Sigismund229

Sigismund229

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,567 posts
Hectarion did seem to get lucky with his rolls more often than K'awil. It probay helped that he 's more combat oriented than K'awil as well.
The Brotherhood of the Lost

Signature

The IIIrd legion, the Crimson Lions formerly known as the Blood Wolves. http://www.bolterand...-crimson-lions/

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

Ok. So I may have gotten slightly distracted yesterday and not put this up as I intended. Just some information on my Primarch's background as well as some more on the Legions's structure/ units.

Due to it's small size the Grave Stalkers have typically deployed at legion strength as to do otherwise would be to send too few astartes to a combat zone to be effective. It has been noted that worlds taken by them show signs of psychological trauma beyond that of most world taken by the legions. Their tactics instilling a sense of fear of the darkness that not even the light of the imperial truth can ameliorate.

Before the founding of their primarch they were very small in number and usually sent in as advanced units and scouts, in part due to their skills in remaining undetected, but mostly to keep them away from the main fighting lines where their presence was detrimental to moral. Even their fellow space marines found reasons to steer clear of the Grave Stalkers as they quickly became known.

Blacksouls: All who display the smallest active talent as a Pariah are brought into this corps of anti-psykers. Theirs are the only progenoids to be harvested from the field by the apothecarion as the Balcksouls are the heart of the legion which cannot be allowed to diminish. Some members of the apothecarion will sacrifice whole tactical squads in order to recover the gene seed of a single Blacksoul.

Reapers: Sacrifice themselves to the legion in the rite of Ha'kun Ch'am. They fear no enemy for they are already dead, their lives significantly foreshortened by the removal of their progenoids. They are kept in stasis between battles to prolong their ability to contribute to the legion's battles.

Ha'kun Ch'am: A bloody ritual lead by a member of the apothecarion and a Keeper (Chaplain) by which the subject's progenoid glands are removed for use by the legion. This is the rite of indoctrination required to join the Reapers as the sacrifice of one's own future to the future of the legion is considered a great honour.

Spectres:The 'true' elite, they are trained in the use of the specialist Spectre armour and use it to strike at the enemy's heart before fading from view and retaliation. They exemplify everything that the legion wants from it's marines.

K'awil Pakal: His background is mostly in bullet points as I haven't written up my notes in full yet.

• K'awil's gestation pod lands on [Redacted].
  • He is found by people from a nearby village who throw him into a raging river to kill the daemon-child that fell from the heavens. (His pariah nature had an effect on people even then)
  • As he grows he is hunted by the inhabitants of [Redacted] and thus lives alone in the jungle.
  • His life is solitary except for hunting parties of people who look for fame and glory by killing the 'daemon'.
  • His bitterness and resentment grow day by day until he stops running from the hunting parties and strikes back at them. He discovers that he is far stronger, tougher and faster than any of those that are sent against him and he revels in his ability to stop his tormentors. Even so he always leaves one alive to run back and tell the story of what happened.
  • Now knowing his strength he turns to scavenge what he can from the villages and towns of [Redacted].
  • The fear he instils in the people grows until they hide from him and run at his approach. Even the hunting parties stop, except for the most proud and vainglorious glory-seekers.
  • He enjoys feeling the sense of fear that his presence causes even more than he did the killing and he continues to enter the towns and villages to take the things he needs/wants.
  • Eventually Imperial forces come to [Redacted] in the name of the Emperor. The planet was classified as a low priority due to its technology level and lack of alien overlords. So it is soldiers of the Imperial Army who take control, not Astartes.
  • The soldiers hear the superstitions of the 'daemon' and dismiss it as a local animal until patrols into the jungles start to be attacked with only lone survivors gibbering about a savage creature with the form of a giant man who attacked from the shadows and seemed imperious to their weapons.
  • Eventually the Planetary Govenor is forced to act and he sends a veritable army into the area to clear it out and kill the creature.
  • Weeks later a single man leaves the jungles and demands to see the Govenor. He is tall and lithe with a body that is crossed with scars and covered with years of accumulated grime and dirt. He speaks in a rough growl, but is perfectly understandable. His presence causes some to run and even hardened veterans look askance at him and those around. But he will not be denied and enters the Governor's ofices, what occurred there is unrecorded, but the next day the evacuation of imperial personnel began.
  • [Redacted] was burned. All traces of life scoured form its surface and all records of its existence purged from memory. Only those who escaped the fires ever knew that it existed and they never spoke its name aloud after that day, such was their fear of the giant.
  • Later K'awil Pakal is reunited with his legion. Their first conquest together is the of planet Kabiyeb a world similar to K'awil's own, but with a fierce and honourable tribal culture. K'awil finds much that he likes about the peoples of that world especially after discovering an unusual concentration of people bearing the Pariah gene.
  • Long debates are held over who should get the right to search the world for aspirants. But in the end the Grave Stalkers receive the Emperor's permission to begin recruitment, over the objections of the Culexus Assassin Vane and a number of other high ranking officials.
  • The ranks of the Grave Stalkers triple nearly overnight as they recruit the strongest from the population of Kabiyeb. It is at this time that the Reapers are founded by K'awil and incidentally almost all of the veterans who came with him are indoctrinated into it's ranks. Only those with active Pariah abilities and those with the most proven training experience are not taken into the ranks of the Reapers.

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

K'awil vs Alexos Round 1

Alexos generates Iron Arm and Haemorrhage. Then K'awil wins the roll of for going first.

K'awil moves towards his opponent.

Alexos moves up and attempts to manifest Iron Arm. He gets 3 successes (Trip 6s!), but his power is denied by K'awil's Pariah nature. Alexos passes his Perils check for Empyric Feedback and suffers no ill effects. He makes a shot but inflicts no damage. Alexos charges, fails to activate his combat drugs and takes a wound from K'awil, but in return puts two wounds on him. Alexos passes his IWND while K'awil fails his Hit & Run on a 6.

K'awil strikes first and causes a single wound without taking one, but then fails his own IWND. Alexos jumps out of the combat 11 inches.

Alexos moves back up and manifests Iron Arm again, it is again denied. Alexos passes his Ld so isn't Dragged into the Warp. His Bolt Pistol is ineffective again and in the ensuing combat they inflict one wound to each other. K'awil again fails his Hit & Run as Alexos fails his IWND.

In the next round of combat both Alexos and K'awil fluff their rolls and do no damage to each other. Alexos runas away again to come back.

Alexos moves forward again and through a combination of bad rolls manages to do nothing this turn except fail his charge.

K'awil causes a wound with Sotz'hun then charges causing a single wound and taking one in exchange. K'awil then regenerates his through IWND before Alexos jumps away.

Alexos runs forward, and again fails to manifest Iron Arm. He finally activates his combat drugs and inflicts a wound on K'awil, the only one of the combat. Before K'awil leaps away himself, Alexos doesn't manage to regen any wounds.

K'awil's turn is basically a wash. He moves up, shouts at Alexos and then in the combat phase both of them fail to do any damage to each other. To make up for it though he does pass his IWND and get a wound back.

Alexos moves back into charge range and tries once more for Iron Arm. He Perils' and rolls a Mental Purge, which removes his last wound leaving K'awil the victor.

Overall I think that was a very close match. There were a couple of times where K'awil dropped down to 2 wounds whilst Alexos was on 1 and only avoided a draw by getting some lucky IWND rolls. I think next time I will not use any psychic powers on him though as due to them needing to be so close for the duel it's not worth trying. The combo of not having any bonus dice for manifesting, only manifesting on 6s and having a -3 to Ld for rolling Perils tests is pretty killer (even if Alexos passed every single Ld test he needed to make anyway). Due to K'awil's focus on being an anti-psyker I think it worked out pretty well, he basically got every advantage he could. And even so the combat lasted for 5 game turns. To compare the ones I ran vs Angron were all finished within 3 game turns and not all in Angron's favour tongue.png

I personally feel like these two are fairly well balance,but will run some more tests later to confirm my thoughts. Oh and sorry for the lack of any story with this one, but I have a pounding headache and no ideas of what to write. So I thought I'd just get this out there for you all to see.

• Hesh Kadesh likes this

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
  • Location:Veenendaal, Holland, Europe, Planet earth, Solarsystem
  • Faction: Scythes of the emperor
Wow that was a nice match!

Check out my commision work on facebook:  https://www.facebook.../DeamonsAtWork/

feel free to shoot me a PM with guestions or with commisions you want to have done smile.png

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

Ok. So with seeing people finding cool Legion symbols I thought I would try to find something myself. I couldn't find what I wanted specifically online, so I took something similar and had a play with it in Photoshop. Hopefully it gets across the look I was aiming for, that of a bloody fist.

Grave%20Stalkers%20Logo_zpstsqp1y53.png

Edit: whoops didn't realise the image was quite that big :S

Edited by Grifftofer, 28 August 2015 - 08:25 AM.

Praefectus Invictus

Praefectus Invictus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 745 posts
  • Faction: XIII Legion, Blood Angels

Could you test Jackel out against K'awil next? Would like to see how he fares with someone who doesn't roll quite so dismally dry.png .

Blood Angels

HH Ultramarines

XI Legion: http://www.bolterand...n/#entry4140289

Khorne Daemonkin

Formerly Sanguinata

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

Sure thing. Though my last round vs Alexandros K'awil would have struggled to hit the broad side of a barn with a flamer the way I was rolling :P.

• Praefectus Invictus likes this

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

Ok. So I've been somewhat lax the last week or so in terms of posting and working on fluff stuff. But today I thought I'd have a go at trying to create my first Grave Stalkers vehicle. And because I couldn't help myself I started on my somewhat modernised version of the Jocasta.

This is all very early WIP, but I'm beginning to get a sense of what I want it to look like.

2015-09-04%2012.13.03_zps5hdksfxw.jpg

Mock-up of the lascannon turret.

2015-09-04%2012.12.22_zpsyvyxrwts.jpg

Rough initial layout of the vehicle. No top half of the Jocasta yet and the forward carapace will be where I house the Missile launcher weapon.

2015-09-04%2012.14.07_zpsbtsbayzq.jpg

Plan view to compare the size to that of a predator. I think it will be fairly similar in size, thus justifying it's 3 HP. Plus I think it has enough engine power to justify the fast too tongue.png

• Praefectus Invictus and Big Bad Squig like this

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

Couple more WIP shots. It's beginning to take shape.

2015-09-04%2016.57.45_zps535nit0e.jpg

2015-09-04%2016.58.11_zpspinciymq.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to work on it some more over the weekend and have the first prototype of the Jocasta ready for combat trials soon.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
  • Pronouns:ze/hir
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light

oooohhhh, sorry, but i need to rip it off, but instead of the turret, it will be a anti grav troop transporter^^

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

I was considering that as an alternative variant. A 6-8 man transport for non-bulky models with a single dorsal access point. Great minds and all that :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grave Stalkers, Alternate Heresy, Brotherhood of the Lost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users