Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IL XII - The Wardens of Light

Lost Legion Primarch Wardens of Light Brotherhood of the Lost Alternate Heresy XI XII

• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
No problem mate.

But why is the formation of my text now so wild?

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Praefectus Invictus

Praefectus Invictus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 745 posts
  • Faction: XIII Legion, Blood Angels

Then just power armor instead of artificer or weaker iron halo?
Idea was, that he is alone on the battlefield and easy prey for every heavy weapon unit on the battlefield, and need some time to arrive "at work" smile.png

And thank you. Will playtest him and look if he can arrive im the enemy ranks ( but I guess the out of nowhere rule could help him here)

Update: Came up with the Idea to give him 3+ Base save and on the charge 2+. So he is a little safer from ranged attacks when he rushes to meet his foe, but now his survivability in cc is somewhat reduced.

This new mechanic is better I think. Maybe instead give him a refractor field, increasing the save to 4+ in combat. Or give him powed armour and no invul, however he gets a 4+ in combat due to his reflexes.

Blood Angels

HH Ultramarines

XI Legion: http://www.bolterand...n/#entry4140289

Khorne Daemonkin

Formerly Sanguinata

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts
Oh. That sounds like a good idea but wouldn't he be then too strong in cc again?

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Praefectus Invictus

Praefectus Invictus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 745 posts

I feel the idea would be to kill him at range, rather than combat. The idea being he is weak when being shot at in combat, but an absolute beast in cc. Seems alot better, as he is already relatively survivable when out in the open.

Blood Angels

HH Ultramarines

Khorne Daemonkin

Formerly Sanguinata

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts
Ah okay. That makes sense. So like: if you don't get him befire he is in close combat, you have a problem ;)
  • Praefectus Invictus likes this

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts

Here the ranks of The Wardens of Light: (from top to lower ranks)

Primarch
First Warden(Praetor Rank)
Blade Master(Duelist (no command rank)

Lord of Light ( Highest Command Rank except for the first Warden)
Chamberlain of Light (Legion Master Rank)
Master of the Fortress ( Responsible for the creation and preparation of new Wardens)
Bearer of Light ( Chapter Master Rank)
Disciple Of Light ( Captain Rank )
Senior Warden of Light (Veteran)
Warden of Light ( standard marine)
Child of Light( Scouts/ new Wardens)

Apothecary and Techmarine Ranks will come with an update. maybe someone has an idea for the techmarines?

A, and concerning fleet master: the chamberlains and the bearers of light are all fleet masters. the navigator would be just master navigator, senior navigator, navigator and noob^^

Edited by MikhalLeNoir, 08 August 2016 - 09:58 AM.

• Raktra and Kelborn like this

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,749 posts
  • Faction: None - I'm a fluff nerd.

Seems solid.

What about Techmarines and Apothecarii?

Will there be additional titles like master of the fleet or some unique stuff like for example the Night Lords have?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts

Thy will stay slightly out of the normal ranks. like the blademaster, they will have ranks themselves, bsp: healer of light, or in the case of techmarines i will orientate myself on the other legions, cause a techmarine has close connections to mars, so ii habve to check it first.

Ah and here a litte WiP to show the Disciple of Light of the 53rd Company

received 10207725883854604
received 10207725883694600
received 10207725883294590
received 10207725882694575
received 10207725391002283
received 10207725390682275

Edited by MikhalLeNoir, 25 October 2015 - 08:05 PM.

Sigismund229

Sigismund229

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,565 posts
Looks awesome keep it going!
The Brotherhood of the Lost

Signature

The IIIrd legion, the Crimson Lions formerly known as the Blood Wolves. http://www.bolterand...-crimson-lions/

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts
Here are the legion astartes for the Wardens of Light.

They are 90% final, what is actually missing is the revamp of the Pariah rules for standard marines, as we are still working on them in the unified pariah thread.

Thx to AlphariusOmegon108, Slipsstreams and Grifftofer for their help and effort.

LA: Wardens of Light (WoL)
The flight of light: Units with the LA(WoL) and jump unit specifications gain the hit&run special rule
The burning light: Heavy weapon squad and support squad units equiped with a weapon with the "heavy" or "Salvo" special rule may choose to take one of the following special rules for the rest of the game for no additional cost: Pinning, shred or twin linked. This rule must be the same for all models with a heavy weapon in the same unit.
Perfected assault: Units with the jump unit specification may re-roll one dice from a charge roll if another unit with the LA(WoL) shot at the same unit.
The Wardens: A main detachment of (WoL) may not take more tanks then infantry (of all types) in an army. Also no fortifications may be taken.
Legion of blanks and pariah's: No psykers of any kind may be used in a primary detachment of WoL additionally, any LA(WoL) Squad/unit may purchase the soul of light for 15 points per unit or 10 points per character A unit/model with this upgrade gain the adamantium will special rule. A model with the "character" specification may take the Pariah (Tertiair) rule for 20 points. If the character is a independent character, he may be further upgraded to a Pariah (Secundus) for an additional 20pts, and to a Pariah (Prime) for another 20 pts
warding: enemy models count as having -1I when fighting a model/unit equiped with weapons with this special rule.

Terminators can only be taken a terran marine is leader if the army. Never if leader is from caerbannog and a pariah. If the army leader is the primarch himself, Gwalchavad, then this rule is not active, as a primarch wouldn't limit himself.

Legion specific wargear:
Chain tonfa's: R- S: user ap5 warding, when two handed add +1A in profile Power tonfa's: R- S: user Ap3 warding, rending, when two handed add +1A in profile
Dual Sabre: R- S: user Ap3 duelist edge, rending (5+), warding,+1A, may not shoot any weapons, two handed warding: enemy models count as having -1I when fighting a model/unit equiped with weapons with this special rule.
Hidden Blade: A model equipped with a hidden blade may make an additional single attack per turn as well as any they would normally be eligible to make. This is done using the weapon profile shown below:
Range S AP Rules Hidden Blade - User -1 - Melee, Unexpected Strike
Unexpected Strike: This attack comes from an unexpected angle leaving opponents little chance to defend themselves. When rolling to hit for attacks with this special rule the target counts as having -1WS (to a minimum of 1).

All troop units may buy a chain tonfa for +1 points per model or a paired chain tonfa (replaces the main weapon where appropiate) for +3 points per model.
All models in the same unit must take this upgrade A model eligable to take power swords may instead take a power tonfa for 15 pts per model or a paired power tonfa for 25 pts Models with the "Character" special rule may take a dual sabre for 15 points, they are also able to take a hidden blade for 10 points per model.

The Illuminator, elite choice 165 points
Bs4 F13 S12 R11 Hp3 Unit type: Fast Vehicle
Wargear:
  • Lascannon
  • kheres assault cannon
  • Light forge illuminator
  • armored ceramite
special rules:
Iwnd support unit Light forge illuminator: All units with the LA(WL) rule, gain a 6+ fnp (or a +1fnp if they already possesed a fnp roll) if they are within 8" of this vehicle support unit: When an Illuminator is destroyed, any Warden of Light unit within 6" of the wreck/point of destruction gain the rage special rule.
Options: The Illuminator may take up to 4 legion landspeeders to create a single vehicle unit, they are eligable to take all the upgrades from their normal profile with the appropiate point cost.

Special Units:

[falamh 's gun èifeachd] COIMHEADAIR

[falamh 's gun èifeachd] COIMHEADAIR 70 POINTS
WS BS S T W I A LD Sv
COIMHEADAIR 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 8 3+

Techmarine 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 8 2+
Empyric Manipulator - - - 7 2 - - - 3+

Unit Composition
  • 2 COIMHEADAIR
Unit Type
  • COIMHEADAIR: Infantry (Character)
Wargear
  • Power armor (COIMHEADAIR only)
  • Artificer armor (Techmarine only)
  • Bolt Pistol
  • Chaintonfa, Lance or combat blade
  • Frag & Krak Grenades
  • Servo-arm (Techmarine only)
  • Bike (only if Empyric Manipulator wasn't purchased)
Special Rules
  • Legiones Astartes (Wardens of Light)
  • Battle smith (Techmarine only)*
  • Psy-shield (Empyric Manipulator only)
  • Battle Meditation Hexagramic Wards (Warders only)
*A Techmarine may restore a single wound to the Empyric Manipulator with each use of it's Battlesmith ability.

Options
A COIMHEADAIR-Team may take:
- Up to 3 additional COIMHEADAIR.................................................... +30 points each
- 1 Empyric Manipulator with Techmarine............................... +60 points*
*Choosing an Empyric Manipulator changes the Warding Team's Unit Type to Artillery.

Psy-shield: If the Empyric Manipulator is not moved during the movement phase then until the beginning of it's next turn it produces a shield that covers everything within (3 x No. of COIMHEADAIR)". The Empyric Manipulator rolls Deny the Witch rolls for ALL units targeted within this radius (friend and foe) including blessings that effect units within the area. Each attempt to Deny the Witch gains a number of additional dice equal to the number of successes made on the harness roll. And all Deny the Witch rolls made by the Empyric Manipulator succeed on a 4+.

Battle Meditation "Hexagramic Wards": Each COIMHEADAIR adds one dice to the Warp Charge pool, but only in the enemy psychic phase.

Battle Meditation "Summon the Vortex": If the COIMHEADAIR-Team has not purchased an Empyric Manipulator then they must all be deployed within 6" of each other, but afterwards operate independently. Any turn in which all remaining members do not move during the movement phase summons a vortex that lasts until the beginning of their next turn. The vortex effects the entire battlefield and has the following effects:
  • If 1 COIMHEADAIR is alive then the vortex causes Psykers to suffer Perils of the Warp on any manifestation roll that includes two or more 6s and/or two or more 5s.
  • If 2 COIMHEADAIR are alive then the vortex causes Psykers to suffer Perils of the Warp on any manifestation roll that includes two or more 6s; and/or two or more 5s and/or two or more 4s.
  • If 3 COIMHEADAIR are alive then the vortex causes Psykers to suffer Perils of the Warp on any manifestation roll that includes two or more 6s; and/or two or more 5s; and/or two or more 4s and/or two or more 3s.
  • If 4 COIMHEADAIR are alive then the vortex causes Psykers to suffer Perils of the Warp on any manifestation roll that includes two or more 6s; and/or two or more 5s; and/or two or more 4s; and/or two or more 3s and/or two or more 2s.
  • If 5 COIMHEADAIR are alive then the vortex causes Psykers to suffer Perils of the Warp on any manifestation roll that includes two or more 6s; and/or two or more 5s; and/or two or more 4s; and/or two or more 3s; and/or two or more 2s and/or two or more 1s.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sraonadh doininn (Heavy Support)
180 Points

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

Storm Warrior 4 5 4 4 1 4 1 8 3+

Storm Leader­­ 5 5 4 4 1 4 2 9 3+

Unit Composition: 4 warriors 1 Storm Leader
Unit Type: Warriors: Infantry Storm Leader: Infantry (Character)
Wargear:
Power armor
Heavy Bolter
Bolt Pistol
Frag & Krak Grenades
Special Rules:
Legiones Astartes (Wardens of Light)
Battle Meditation "Storm of Fire"
Trajectory Analysis Protocols
Preferred Enemy (Vehicles)
Options:
The Sraonadh Doininn may take - Up to 5 additional Warriors for +25 points each
All of the Space Marines in the squad (including the Storm Leader) may exchange their heavy bolters for one of the following other heavy weapon types. If chosen, then all the heavy bolters in the squad must be exchanged for the same weapon:
- Autocannon for +5 points each
- Missile Launcher (with Frag & Krak missiles) for +5 points each
- Plasma Cannon for +15 points each
- Volkite Culverin for +10 points each
- Lascannon for +15 points each
The Storm Leader may take and of the following:
- Augury scanner for +5 points
- Melta-bombs for +5 points
- Upgrade to artificer armor for +10 points
Storm of fire: A unit of Sraonadh Doininn may choose to initiate a Storm of Fire at the beginning of their shooting phase. If so, all weapons in the unit may fire twice in that turn. They may not fire their heavy weapon the turn after, as they would either be recharging or reloading.
Trajectory Analysis Protocols: A unit of Sraonadh Doininn using their Storm of Fire ability may choose to use the Barrage special rule when resolving the shots, but shoot at -1bs

Lùth de òganach 230 points

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

Warrior 5 4 5 4 1 5 2 9 3+
Leader 5 4 5 4 2 5 3 9 3+

Unit Composition: 5 Lùth
Unit Type: Jump Infantry
Wargear:
  • Power armor
  • Hand Flamer
  • Dual sabre
  • Jump Pack
  • Frag & Krak Grenades
  • refractor field
Special Rules:
  • Legiones Astartes (WoL)
  • Psy-hunters
  • Favoured of Gwalchavad
  • Precision Strikes
  • Battle Meditation "A Storm of blades"
Options:
  • The Lùth de òganach may take - Up to 5 additional Lùth for +45 points each
  • Any Lùth may exchange its dual sabre for - dual chain tonfas free
  • Any Lùth may exchange its hand flamer for +5 points to a hand melter
  • The entire squad may take melta-bombs +25 points
  • Favoured of Gwalchavad: A unit of Lùth de òganach may be chosen instead of a Command squad as bodyguards for any Jump Pack equipped Praetor of the Wardens of Light Legion (Or the Primarch Gwalchavad himself).
  • Lùth de òganach must always be modelled/painted to be visually distinct from standard Legion Assault squads/Command squads to avoid confusion.
  • Battle Meditation "A Storm of Blades": The Luth may both move 12" and gain the impact hits rule on the charge, also, on the turn they charge, they gain +d3 attacks for charging instead of the mandatory +1 attack
  • Psy-hunters: Collectively the Lùth de òganach are able to have negative effects on enemy psykers. They count as being equipped with Psyk-out grenades.
Chain tonfa's: R- S: user ap5 warding, when two handed add +1A in profile
Dual Sabre: R- S: user Ap3 duelist edge, rending (5+), warding,+1A, may not shoot any weapons and two handed (The Luth ignore the two handed and no shooting rule)
warding: enemy models count as having -1I when fighting a model/unit equiped with weapons with this special rule.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir, 20 November 2015 - 05:19 PM.

• Hesh Kadesh likes this

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,859 posts

RULES FOR THE RULES GOD. Holy moly, that's a lot of work pal!

From the top;

Spoiler

Weapons

Spoiler

That's it so far, I'll comment on the characters after. Really love what you've done, and I hope we can come to something close to your vision that's tight with the ruleset ;)

Meanwhile, it's 3am, sleep time.

• MikhalLeNoir likes this

Resources;

Heresy Era Lords of War; use this to find out the complete collection of available Lords of War for Battles in the Age of Darkness.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts
Woah long long mail. Thx hesh. I need a ot of time to go through it. ;)

The Battle Meditations are indeed only a funky name for special rules.....until now what you proposed is simply.....awesome. I look what the rulemasters say.

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,065 posts

RULES FOR THE RULES GOD. Holy moly, that's a lot of work pal!

From the top;

Spoiler

Weapons

Spoiler

That's it so far, I'll comment on the characters after. Really love what you've done, and I hope we can come to something close to your vision that's tight with the ruleset msn-wink.gif

Meanwhile, it's 3am, sleep time.

Wow. Very nice and throrough assessment of the rules there Hesh :) I was the one who wrote the initial rules for most of the special units so I'll probably focus on them. I will say that I find the idea of Battle Meditations very interesting, though maybe with the caveat that any unit/character that has a unique battle meditation may chose to take that rather than the army benefit. This is basically what you have already suggested, but lets the unique units keep their flavour as well as the special characters.

Coimheadair:

So the initial idea was to create a unit that could ward off an area to protect against the powers of the warp. From my point of view I thought the idea that the Wardens had a piece of arcane tech that could be used to enhance their pariah abilities was a cool one. This was also when I was under the impression that pariah was a more minor aspect of the legion, as it seems to have become more prominent since, so using something to amplify their power kind of made sense from that perspective as well. This was also the reason for the Techmarine as a piece of Dark Age tech would likely be temperamental and needing of constant adjustment, which would be provided by said techmarine.

I have to admit that having re-worked the Pariah abilities I think that the rules I made are over-written and could easily be simplified in some way, either as you suggest or possibly in a different direction. All I can say is that I was trying to evoke the themes of being a pariah/psychic null without stepping too much on the toes of my own legion. Honestly I think that the whole thing could be pretty simply done by saying that the comheadair are a Twisted Brotherhood (maybe with a slightly higher point limit) and that if they take an empyric manipulator they get double the range on any abilities they purchase. I still like the idea of the techmarine standing there keeping everything running, but if Mikhal decides he doesn't want it then I will understand.

Sraonadh doininn:

These seem to have changed a bit since I wrote them initially, so actually the way in which their trajectory analysis is supposed to work is no longer viable for most weapons the unit has. Initially the Storm of Fire was an alternate shooting effect which allowed the unit to fill an area with weapon fire.

Storm of Fire: A unit of Sraonadh Doininn may choose to initiate a Storm of Fire at the beginning of their shooting phase. If they do so they make a single attack, as a unit, with the profile of the weapons that they are carrying. However this attack has additional special rules depending on how many models are remaining in the squad.

1-3: No Storm of Fire shots may be made

4-7: Blast

8+: Large Blast

The barrage would then represent them picking out weak spots on vehicles(hitting side armour) or punching through cover (barrage cover mechanics) as well as making really difficult shots through ruined buildings (ignoring interveneing cover). When we were discussing it Mikhal was quite clear that he wanted to keep the energy weapons in the unit and I did consider making the  barrage solid weapons only, but there is not listing of 'solid' weapons so I'd have to write out what was/wasn't allowed in a somewhat arbitrary manner. In the end I thought that giving it to everyone and just fluffing it as not arcing the lasers would be fine.

With them now having the option to 'Fury of the Legion' I think trajectory analysis is redundant and could be removed. I do think having some of the aiolos launcher rules is in interesting one and not one I considered as I didn't have their book at the time of writing these.

Lùth de òganach:

Glad you mostly like these guys, they were probably the most straightforward of the units conceptually. So I'm glad I got them right at least. Though looking at them again they seem to have gained +1S, I and some equipment since I wrote them, though they have gone up in price quite dramatically. I think that as it stands the combo of I5 and -1 enemy I is quite harsh, it makes them strike before everyone short of certain special characters and most of the Primarchs.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpegETL_2018_Medal_02_Oath_Breaker.gif

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts
Thx mates. We will consider that. Although i left the comheadair untouched cause I love them so.

Just a few words:

Names:

I like the Gaelic and want to keep them. Maybe add the translation behind.

Luth de Oganach means "Power of Youth"
Comheadair are fully named [falamh 's gun èifeachd] COIMHEADAIR what means not "watch out" although that would be cool. It means Null/Void guardians. Comheadair aimply means Guardians ;)

The storm blast we already cleared.

Tonight we try to overwork the rules. But some Thinking:

Chaintonfas should be simply chainswords. Two handed i want to have them to have a defense bonus in CC. Maybe we really add simply the deflect rule.
The Dual Sabers are chainweapons. Take a look http://www.spellcrow...pons-p-328.html
When AO and I discussed the rules for them we had the nostromon chainblades and eviscerator in mind. But also the speed option for them. Speed is everything.
Power tonfas. I consider as the same as the chain tonfas. More like power swirds. But we habe much time to rework them.

So the illuminator.... He is based on this baby http://vignette3.wik...=20130126012755
As i didn't have the money to buy me a squad of javelins, and as i dont have the bits to kitbash me my grav transport vehicle, the idea was to use that as base and AO came up with the in my mind really cool idea of the Light bringer device.
A squad of landspeeder would attack the back of the enemy and the heavy support the front. And assault teams and luth will have their fun;)
Guess we went a bit overboard.
But the name stays;)

The idea for the hidden blade was mine and grifft put it into a rule set, what in my opinion fittet the lore of xenos friendly wardens, whose weapons are made if the black core of caerbannog. And to in order to reachr adulthood, the youths had to go to the core and return with a black stone. That stone cuts everything and ipon their return they have to forge a blade and as a adult you are alowed to wear the blade in your braid. The wardens utilized this tradition and so charscters who are "adults" get the braid and the blade. So they train to actively use it. Bit of course a blade on a braid is not very strong. So it has only s1 but ap1 derives from the material.

Phew. More will come. But we must first reworke aome of the rules to implement your comments. Maybe I can get the blast back ;)

P.S:
On the Techmarine. Normally I hate them, but I bought two and device which will be kitbashed into the empiric manipulator.( i will take my saw and cut off the crystal of a skylanders figur gnahsjaahjaajaj)
So he will be kept. You have to cut me into pieces ;)

I am for the project: save the comheadair;)

Edited by MikhalLeNoir, 02 November 2015 - 03:28 PM.

Glacial Sentinel

Glacial Sentinel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts
  • Faction: Glacial Sentinels

So, I`ve read through all the posts on every page and have to say that I really like the basic idea of a "blank" legion. It contains countless possibilities and I`m confused, that I never read about this concept before. Because such a legion would be the ultimate anti-demaon/warp weapon in the hands of the Imperium, right?

And I for myself don`t think, that would op them in any way, because in the end, they can be as blank as they want, but that won`t stop a bolter round from penetrating their heads, right? (Just in case they chose to fall from the Emnperor or something)

Also, it is very recognizable, that you put a lot of work, thoughts, effort, money and your heart in this project and that`s pretty inspiring to me. Thank you for that!

But this shall be no simple "praise you" post, oh no. I will blow your mind in just a few moments with a wicked thought of mine.

So, we know, that there are titans, that are specialised in psi-attaks. Mostly possessed chaos titans of course. Why not add one or more "pariah-titans" or at least "blank imperial knight walkers" to your legion? I`m sure you could have fun with coming up with a story or some reasons how such a thing could be possible. And they would even be a great weapon against vortex weapons or any kind of possessed vehicle, right? Not to speak of their effect against daemons.

I`ll give you some moments to think abou this and shall return ,whenever you`re ready.

Posted Image

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts
Uhm...nice idea. But i like the praise me better ;)
Never considered the idea cause titans are so damn expensive;)

But yeah. Maybe, but that would be a thing the whole brotherhood has to decide.

By the way, have you been through my wip thread as well? More.pics ;)

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,839 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

So, I`ve read through all the posts on every page and have to say that I really like the basic idea of a "blank" legion. It contains countless possibilities and I`m confused, that I never read about this concept before. Because such a legion would be the ultimate anti-demaon/warp weapon in the hands of the Imperium, right?

And I for myself don`t think, that would op them in any way, because in the end, they can be as blank as they want, but that won`t stop a bolter round from penetrating their heads, right? (Just in case they chose to fall from the Emnperor or something)

Also, it is very recognizable, that you put a lot of work, thoughts, effort, money and your heart in this project and that`s pretty inspiring to me. Thank you for that!

But this shall be no simple "praise you" post, oh no. I will blow your mind in just a few moments with a wicked thought of mine.

So, we know, that there are titans, that are specialised in psi-attaks. Mostly possessed chaos titans of course. Why not add one or more "pariah-titans" or at least "blank imperial knight walkers" to your legion? I`m sure you could have fun with coming up with a story or some reasons how such a thing could be possible. And they would even be a great weapon against vortex weapons or any kind of possessed vehicle, right? Not to speak of their effect against daemons.

I`ll give you some moments to think abou this and shall return ,whenever you`re ready.

Well, if you asked, I'm pretty sure no-one here would object to you writing about a Titan Legion that had a few Pariah God Machines.

• Glacial Sentinel likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts
@Slips: Hehe, great way to recruit people :ㄱ

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts
Wooohooo. Finished my first Squad. Took me reeeeallly long.
756672_sm-.JPG

For more pics please look in my WIP Thread.Link is in the signature.
  • simison, Praefectus Invictus and Glacial Sentinel like this

Praefectus Invictus

Praefectus Invictus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 745 posts

He looks really good! I love the faceplate and the way the blue and gold mix. Keep it up man!

Blood Angels

HH Ultramarines

Khorne Daemonkin

Formerly Sanguinata

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts
Thx mate. He is my favourite.

Glacial Sentinel

Glacial Sentinel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

The gold and the blue go well together. And the red of the bands is a great contrast and something like a highlight and an eyecatcher to me.

Also: good sculpted base. Like a lot.

All in all: Everything but boring or average. Well done my friend.

Posted Image

Glacial Sentinel

Glacial Sentinel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

Well, if you asked, I'm pretty sure no-one here would object to you writing about a Titan Legion that had a few Pariah God Machines.

Hmmm.... I imagine them of fielding the same technology that Culexus assassins use.

BUT TITAN SIZED!!!! (dramatic sound: DUN-DUN-DUUUUUN!!!)

Posted Image

Demus Ragnok

Demus Ragnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,205 posts
  • Faction: Fire Keepers Xth Legion BotL
Glacial we have a Armys of the Machine God section in the BotL ( it may be on the second page) if you would like to post ideas for titans there.
Of Fire.

Fire gives light removing dark and shadow.

Fire gives purity driving out corruption.

Fire gives strength consuming weakness.

Glacial Sentinel

Glacial Sentinel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

Glacial we have a Armys of the Machine God section in the BotL ( it may be on the second page) if you would like to post ideas for titans there.

Thx! I surely will check that and maybe post this concept there. Though I guess there have been ideass like this before somewhere in 40k history.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lost Legion, Primarch, Wardens of Light, Brotherhood of the Lost, Alternate Heresy, XI, XII

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)