Hey gang. I have had an absolutely :censored: day, so I'm just gonna leave the pictures here. Might write up some background later, but consider this a color test for a Blood Angels Pre-Heresy force. The Imperial Fists stuff will still happen, but I just really loved the result of this test. Anyway, C&C always appreciated.

+++

med_gallery_62495_11290_132869.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_119630.jpg

med_gallery_62495_11290_688.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_17245.jpg

+++

Hey gang. Lotta stuff going on right now in my life, but I made one decision that makes me quite happy. For almost two years, this model has sat on my desk. From Iowa, to Baltimore, to Virginia, and back to Iowa, I could never bring myself to paint him. Maybe it's because the Burning Sword is a lame relic from Codex: Space Marines. I couldn't tell you. But when I thought of him as my Praetor, my representation as a Blood Angel (with the Photonic Blade) on the tabletop, he finally had a purpose. Made for me by Sir_Isenhar, whose work you can see here and here, this mighty champion will finally find a home among the scions of Sanguinius. Again, all credit for his creation goes to Sir_Isenhar. I just mailed him the parts.

+++

med_gallery_62495_11290_196079.jpg

The blade felt good in his hands. That hadn't changed. The traitors had taken so much from the galaxy, but they couldn't take the joy he felt as his blade sang through the air and cleaved another traitor it two, the furnace-like heat of the sword melting armor and burning flesh.

He dove through another opening in the traitor's firing line and resumed his attack. The enemy stood arrayed around him, their armored forms whipping around with a preternatural speed. Still too slow. He cleaved another two apart and disarmed a third in a single stroke. A smile creeped across his face, the grace of his sword leading him into the elation of combat with the foe.

He cloak whipped about in the air in time with his own lighting movements. A gift from the Dark Angels many years prior, it symbolized far more than merely the brotherhood of a shared compliance. They had made him an honorary knight of The Order, the ancient Calibanite warrior caste that the Lion himself led in the days before meeting the Emperor and joining the Great Crusade.

He remembered it well. He remembered all of it well. Though his hair remained the same dark tint it always had, 200 years had gone by since he first donned his armor. It wasn't red then. That would come later. Nor did have the signature of the artificer upon it. Just the same, it had served him well and proved more than a match for the weapons of the xeno and the traitor.

A cry went up around him, signaling the breakthrough he had sought. He had never counted strategy as his defining talent, but he could formulate a plan on occasion. On this occasion, it had worked. His men had the enemy corralled into a desperate last stand. They would fight hard, no doubt of that. He would just fight harder.

Praetor Israfel, the Knight of Blood, rushed forward with his flaming sword held aloft as the roar of engines overhead substituted for his battlecry.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey gang. School hasn't given me much hobby time, but I have started two more models, with a Blood Angels tactical squad in the mail as well. Behold! A WIP Moritat and a line legionnaire. Fairly proud of all the work that's gone into the Moritat, but let me hear your C & C. Peace!

+++

med_gallery_62495_11290_25932.jpg med_gallery_62495_11290_216380.jpg

Moritat is purdy :3

What you using the Arc pistol as?! 

An ancient and/or esoteric Volkite Serpenta. I would have just straight-up bought one of those from bits sellers, but Ebay came up short for me this time. So I scoured the Mechanicum range and found this beauty. 

CHOOM