Damn. The mini's great, but the quote is just... whoa. Awesome. I've no words to describe it.

That means so much to me man, I can't properly express it here. I've put a lot of work into the backstory for the Blood Angels' 77th. When I have more of an army to photograph, I'll post it up with them. From what I've seen of other storied WIP logs (like The Day the Palace Fell), I  gotta earn the people's trust with models first before I drop a wall of text on them. But the wall of text is coming, make no mistake. 

Looks amazing bro. Shading on the face and the skull is awesome, and I love the base. Can't wait to face him on the tabletop! 

He is coming straight for you, man. Have you seen the rules for the new Blade of Perdition for the Blood Angels Legion? It's nuts. 

Sephiroth Much?

But looking amazing mate.

One winged angel, eh? Don't tell me - his mother's name starts with a 'J'. :tongue.:

I know where my bread is buttered, my friends. I may not have played FFVII, but I know good symbolism when I see it. So I opted for the co-opt! 

• 6 months later...

You thought you could sleep on this thread? That I wouldn't bring it back? Well let me tell you, brothers: Mamma Carnelian didn't raise no quitter. WIP Rhino below.

+++

med_gallery_62495_11290_382106.jpg

med_gallery_62495_11290_740918.jpg med_gallery_62495_11290_387216.jpg

med_gallery_62495_11290_29897.jpg

"For a newer Rhino, this one certainly fights like Deimos. I like it already."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little ticked off at the moment because I think my new phone's camera is washing out my beloved edge highlights... Or I need better lighting in general. Either way, serious progress is being made on my Blood Angels. Have a look!

+++

med_gallery_62495_11290_114577.jpg med_gallery_62495_11290_250765.jpg med_gallery_62495_11290_582879.jpg

"Death comes in many forms... But most of them are bolt-shaped."

Praetor Israfel of the Blood Angels' 77th Company

med_gallery_62495_11290_118058.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_155788.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_332897.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_175268.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_448509.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_120552.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_350783.jpg

“They have called me many things. Terra’s Sword. The Knight of Blood. One-Winged Angel. But I have always preferred the name my father gave me when me first met: Israfel. The Burning One.”

Duuuuuude. Awesome!

My ability to take pictures that actually show off my models well is increasing and I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, it makes my effort all the more apparent and better represents what the models look like in person. But on the other hand, I am starting to notice the flaws in the models I take pictures of. Historically, if I take a picture of a finished model, I like to think of it as finished. Anyway, enough of my griping. Meet Zeruel.

+++

Warden Zeruel of the Blood Angels' 77th Company

med_gallery_62495_11290_220446.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_212380.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_67136.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_120727.jpg

"I am the voice of the voiceless. I speak for the thousands dead upon the surface of Signus Prime and the millions more that die each day by the hand of Horus."

"I am the voice of the voiceless. I speak for the thousands dead upon the surface of Signus Prime and the millions more that die each day by the hand of Horus." 

Remember, my brothers. We are His sons, the blood of a Godless Angel. We have been broken, at Signus and elsewhere, but today we are reforged. We are the Emperor's Sword, as the VII serves as His Shield, and today is the day we shall right the wrong that has be done to us. We won't do it for honor, or glory. We won't do it for Terra or Baal. We won't even do it in the name of our Father, or the Emperor. No. We'll do it for the Fallen: for Ca'aphas, for Ma'adai, for Ta'avi and a hundred hundred more. We can never forget their names, and we can never forgive their deaths. So, brothers. We go to war again, with their names on our lips and their memory in our hearts, and take a red tithe from those who brought their deaths. We may die here, but if we die, we die bleeding from a hundred wounds, with blades in our necks and spears in our guts, our war cries echoing throughout eternity. We defy the enemy today. We may die, but as our namesake Angel of the ancient mythos, we will not allow the darkness to go unpunished. Go! Now! In the name of Ca'aphas and Ma'adai and Ta'avi! In the names of the Fallen of Signus! In the name of Vengeance!

-- Vael Morrigan,  named Khama'el, Voice of the Host, late of Azra'il Company, IX Legion at the dawn of the Last Day.

...ahem...

Sorry, couldn't help posting that. Wrote it down a few weeks back for my RTS vow, and what you wrote just reminded me of it.

Glad your pictures are getting better: I can see your wonderful work a lot better than before. And it is wonderful work: much better than my own, at any rate, and much better than yourself, I think, even just a couple years ago.

Something new for you guys tonight. I've been thinking lately that I've built up enough stock with you guys that you'll indulge me in a bit more writing with each model. Let me know if I should keep doing this.

+++

Few sounds penetrated the waking death of Dreadnought confinement. The crash of war engines, the detonation of artillery, even the grinding thrum of tanks all came to Avitsur as distant echoes as he walked each battlefield. So when he heard the daemons screaming inside his ears with perfect clarity, it sounded like something tearing him out of his sarcophagus and forcibly returning him to the living universe.

The noise of the daemons seemed impossible. Like the cicadas of ancient lore, the daemons chittered and laughed all around him as they sought purchase on his armored hide. With every swing of his massive fist, Avitsur killed more and more of them, but still they came. They seemed without number, these daemons with their burning red skin and molten-hot swords. Somehow, Avitsur could even feel the heat from their blades.

The laughing. The screaming. The heat. Their claws. Avitsur could feel it all and it left his mind reeling. Instinct alone powered his limbs as he crushed another daemon into a bloody mist. The creature's discolored vital fluids splashed against his armored head and he felt the blood running down over his eye lenses.

"Avitsur?"

The question came from elsewhere and in a different voice than his. It sounded far off, like everything should have from inside--

"Avitsur?"

The Praetor's voice. The One-Winged Angel. The Burning One. What could he want at a time like this, with such monstrosities dying at Avitsur's every--

"Avitsur, where are you?"

"The southern ridge. The beasts have cut me off, but rest assured, Praetor, I will--"

"No, Avitsur. You're here. Here now."

Anger in his voice. Disrespect in his tone. Impatience.

"Avitsur!"

The daemons disappeared. The world around him dissolved and fell away. The screaming stopped. In its place stood the officers of the 77th Company, arrayed around a table covered in charts and tactical reports. Warden Zeruel. Moritat Altar. Librarian Yeramiel. And Israfel.

"My apologies, Praetor Israfel. My mind drifted back.. to Signus."

The individuals below him shared an uneasy look that Avitsur suspected he should not have noticed.

"Are you well enough for the coming battle, Ancient?"

The voice belonged to Yeramiel. Such condescension from the younger Astartes. The witch.

"I can slay the enemies of the Emperor even in death. You cannot even do battle without resorting to your forbidden powers."

Israfel's voice came then. Louder than usual. More stern. Even less respect.

"Enough. We discussed this, at length in fact. We need Yeramiel."

The voice softened.

"And we need you. Are you sure you can retain your focus? I will not enter this siege without your strength."

Avitsur stayed quiet a long while, listening to the hum of his own life support systems.

"You have my strength, young Israfel. Always."

+++

med_gallery_62495_11290_637197.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_282599.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_571284.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_776456.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_823884.jpgmed_gallery_62495_11290_528934.jpg

Ancient Avitsur of the Blood Angels' 77th Company

• 3 months later...

Greetings gentlemen! Sorry for the lack of updates. I've actually been quite productive the past few months. It just seems that every time I would start a post about my progress, something would pull me away from the computer. But here is what's on the desk right now. I've got an apocalypse team game on the 29th at my local store, so I'm getting the Blood Angels ready for that. 

+++

http://68.media.tumblr.com/e235e28b6792a16348a12c079b2782cf/tumblr_ok7ve6ykqr1s5q8d5o1_1280.jpg

Cheers gang! Always nice to have your feedback. But I've got some bad news: the Rhino plastic kit is trash. Look at this gap:

med_gallery_62495_11290_28948.jpg med_gallery_62495_11290_293697.jpg

tumblr_mqzcgkubY51rvbjx3o1_500.gif

So now I have this horrible gap in the chassis that I have to either fix or start over because of. Does anyone know of anything that might help with this? It's too big for liquid green stuff. Plasicard will look terrible.